The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Well never mind. Thanks Daily "Fail"
Again, i get the hate for the Daily Fail but the Express were the ones who reported this first

Old 08-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is August - they run these sorts of stories every August as they have nothing else to report.

Anne doing things in Rio doesn't count and the rest of the family are on holidays so make up some stories knowing that every few years they will get their 'predicted' story right.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Again, i get the hate for the Daily Fail but the Express were the ones who reported this first
True true.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the other couple get it together, the news could be about her sister.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-13-2016, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

The DM has already changed its story to include the "angry" denials of the York family provided to the BBC. The online Express story hasn't been changed.

This has got to be a bit embarrassing for CamillaT, given that it's been categorically denied before the 2 page spread even hits the street.

I also think it beggars belief that they'd live in KP.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
The DM has already changed its story to include the "angry" denials of the York family provided to the BBC. The online Express story hasn't been changed.

This has got to be a bit embarrassing for CamillaT, given that it's been categorically denied before the 2 page spread even hits the street.

I also think it beggars belief that they'd live in KP.
Camilla T. will never admit she lied. For New Years 2012, she ran an 'exclusive' that the Cambridges were ringing in the New Year in Scotland. Paparazzi pics then showed the couple in Bucklebury. All the other reporters snickered at her misstep. But even with photo proof she refused to back down, and still stood behind her Scotland story. Her arrogance will never allow her to lose face.

And I agree, there is no way Eugenie will live at KP unless she becomes a working royal.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Camilla T. will never admit she lied. For New Years 2012, she ran an 'exclusive' that the Cambridges were ringing in the New Year in Scotland. Paparazzi pics then showed the couple in Bucklebury. All the other reporters snickered at her misstep. But even with photo proof she refused to back down, and still stood behind her Scotland story. Her arrogance will never allow her to lose face.

And I agree, there is no way Eugenie will live at KP unless she becomes a working royal.
It honestly baffles me how reporters just make things up and then act as if they've still got credibility.

Personally, I think it's less Eugenie becoming a working royal (because she could pay rent in a KP apartment the way Andrew does for her SJP apartment) -- I think the bigger issue is Jack's work. If Jack got a role within the Royal Household, an apartment at KP, even if Eugenie was still working at an art gallery, wouldn't be an issue. But I suspect that the other residents of KP would freak out at a nightclub manager being amongst their number. Here, I'm thinking of the members of the Royal Household and also Princess Michael.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Courtier

Where would there be room at KP? Surely Harry would be upgraded from the small Nott Cot into a larger apartment before Eugenie and future family moved in to an apartment at KP - are there any available apartments? Plus how could they afford it, an art director & night club manager can't make that much even w/ her trust income. Perhaps there's an apartment currently occupied by staff that is available? It makes sense from a security standpoint, but otherwise I'm doubtful.
Well, I guess I should add that I'm doubtful about any engagement as well - although I expect that they will marry in the next few years. They seem well matched.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Courtier

That was a quick denial I thought it was a bit too soon after Beatrices split it would be like rubbing salt into the wound. Won't be surprised if they get engaged but I doubt either are in a big hurry. And I thought the same thing, why would they move to KP when she has an apartment in St James. When they were going through where William and Kate were going to live there didn't seem to be a lot of choice. Harry would be the next if and when he marries to get a place at KP. Eugenie isn't likely to be a full time worker for the Royals it doesn't make sense.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that the apartment at St James' is actually a shared apartment with Beatrice so if Eugenie were to marry she would need somewhere else to live as surely you don't expect the single sister to continue to live with the married one?
Old 08-13-2016, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I believe that the apartment at St James' is actually a shared apartment with Beatrice so if Eugenie were to marry she would need somewhere else to live as surely you don't expect the single sister to continue to live with the married one?
Well, Beatrice lives in NYC. So that wouldn't likely be an issue.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice comes back to Britain frequently though, and might be back on a permanent basis before long. Who knows.

Eugenie and Jack have been a couple for years now and sooner or later, if they don't split, there will be an engagement followed by marriage. Some people don't bother, just live together for the rest of their lives, but not persons in Eugenie's position.

I think probably Camilla T heard a rumour around the traps and ran with it, as some journalists do, thinking the contrast between the sisters would make a good story for a couple of days until it was rumbled and denied. However, the Yorks were too quick off the mark this time for the story to gain any traction.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
the Yorks were too quick off the mark this time for the story to gain any traction.
i think it's too weird that they respond that quick in the same day for a thing that can't be called more than a tabloid junk
Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
i think it's too weird that they respond that quick in the same day for a thing that can't be called more than a tabloid junk
They usually respond quick. In August 2013, The Telegraph wrote that Andrew and Sarah rekindled their romance. A couple hours later Sarah's spokesman released this statement, "There's no truth in this story at all. They are the best of friends."

I give Sarah kudos for fighting the baloney. The press usually gets away with murder because they think the BRF won't bother to deny.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

If it's not true, why not squash it fast.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-13-2016, 11:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
As I understand it, the BBC asked them to confirm soon after the story was published.

CamillaT is doubling down on twitter, referencing Mandy Rice Davies (who was famously (mis)quoted as saying "He would say that, wouldn't he?").
Old 08-15-2016, 04:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Eugenie to rent 3-bed cottage at Kensington Palace | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-15-2016, 04:26 AM
Courtier

I don't click on The Mail for obvious reasons but I will say this headline is laughable. The British tabloids have cornered the market on real-estate fiction.

-In Spring 2014, they claimed Pippa was buying a 2 million dollar flat in Battersea, this ended up being fiction.

- In Summer 2014, they claimed Pippa was buying a 3 million dollar house in Parson's Green, this ended up being fiction.

- In Summer 2015, they claimed Beatrice was buying a 7 million dollar house near Wimbledon , this ended up being fiction.

These are only examples from the last couple years. Before there were many more - remember when they claimed an unmarried Catherine was house hunting in LA. Then during the 2011 tour we find out she's never been to the USA before.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Royal Highness

It's does seem like she is moving into apartment nobody is denying that part of the story.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
It's does seem like she is moving into apartment nobody is denying that part of the story.
Well if true, odd that there is no detail. Anyone know of anyone vacating a small KP flat in the last year or so? Know of any renovations going on in the past year?

Tags
princess eugenie