The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

James and Eugenie have friends in common and have attended the same events quite a few times. I imagine he is friendly with the York sisters.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
James couldn't attend, but they do know each other and run in similar circles. If he wasn't bust with the race, he probably would've been there with Donna.

Does Eugenie know better James or Donna?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Mail article said that it was just Donna Air and no James which makes sense since he was biking from London to Brighton this morning with Pippa for the British Heart people fundraiser.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
James Middleton was there. He dressed as the Mad Hatter. If you go to Donna's IG " airdonna1 " you'll see him. The musician who played at the party didn't leave the Royal Lodge till 4 a.m.. If James stayed for the whole duration then he had quite the turnaround, his bike race started at 6 a.m..

Btw, James and Eugenie have been friends for several years. I've seen chummy pictures of them going back to maybe 2006. I believe they befriended each other through the Branson connection. Eugenie is close to that family, and James used to be good friends with Sam Branson before they had a falling out. I don't believe James is friends with Beatrice, I've never seen them interact much.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Btw, James and Eugenie have been friends for several years. I've seen chummy pictures of them going back to maybe 2006. I believe they befriended each other through the Branson connection. Eugenie is close to that family, and James used to be good friends with Sam Branson before they had a falling out. I don't believe James is friends with Beatrice, I've never seen them interact much.

What caused the falling out?
Old 06-24-2015, 02:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
What caused the falling out?
'Tis quite the mystery. James and Sam hung out quite a bit in 2005/2006/2007. Their friends were quite liberal with their Facebook privacy settings so we'd see occasional pictures of them. I believe at one point Sam, James, and a group of pals even went on a vacation to some island in the western Atlantic - my memory is a little hazy because this happened almost a decade ago. Anyways, one day they abruptly stopped hanging out and there were some murmurings of a rift.

William and Catherine pointedly did not invite Sam to their wedding even though they invited Holly and Isabella. Holly pointedly did not invite James to her engagement gala even though she invited Catherine and Pippa. Tit for Tat! And of course James wasn't at Sam's wedding.

The Bransons are not the only connection. James and Eugenie have a few orbits.

They both attended Marlborough College where they had some overlapping years.

Eugenie's employer of the last two years(Alex Gilkes) is one of James' best friends.

I actually think the Cambridges are their weakest link.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:09 PM
Royal Highness

In addition to joining Prince Charles and Camilla on June 30th at Lancaster House to assist with Elephant Family charity auction, Eugenie participated in another Elephant Family event on the 26th of June.
Quote:
Princess Eugenie visited Tara the Elephant at The Duke of York Square on 26th June, 2015 in support of the Elephant Family charity.
Princess Eugenie Reads Elephant Story | The Duke of York
Old 07-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Courtier

I always wondered why Eugenie didn't attend Mark Shand's funeral. They knew each other. She was at the event/nightclub the evening he hit his head. That must of been unnerving for her, chatting with Mark and then minutes later he's being rushed off to the hospital.

It's sweet that she went to this Elephant Family auction, though. I'm sure Camilla appreciated it.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

A gruelling first day for Princess Eugenie as she starts new job at London art gallery-
Princess Eugenie's first day at London's Hauser & Wirth art gallery | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Good for her... Hope it lasts...
Old 07-19-2015, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree i hope it last.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why wouldn't it last? Eugenie has had one job since leaving uni for nearly two years and has left that job to take up this one - as is fairly normal for young people. She has been promoted it seems in this new company.

Beatrice is the one who struggles to stick to a job for more than about 9 months and hasn't had a job since January this year.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

Good luck to Eugenie in his new job.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

That's great that she left New York. It probably cost her a ridiculous amount of money to stay the length of time she did. I seriously doubt she had much money left out of her salary to do much with after having to pay bills and buy groceries in New York.

She's going to do a lot better in London. I am glad she was able to enjoy her stay and make use of it on her resume. It really put New York in the limelight as a place that has faced it's share of hardships but pulled through to be what it is today. Such a safe place an English Royal can walk down the street without problems. I never thought I'd see the day, lol.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I agree i hope it last.
I hope it does too. It's such a great position with the museum it really is a great spot for a Royal. Working with museum quality stuff, in her own country, gives her a chance to be a part of history taking care of it, preserving it for the people. Isn't that what she is going to be doing? Sounds nice anyway, don't burst my bubble, lol.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
I hope it does too. It's such a great position with the museum it really is a great spot for a Royal. Working with museum quality stuff, in her own country, gives her a chance to be a part of history taking care of it, preserving it for the people. Isn't that what she is going to be doing? Sounds nice anyway, don't burst my bubble, lol.
This company has shows of modern and contemporary art mainly with the view to sell it.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Courtier

I have been quite impressed with Eugenie since she graduated University. The time spent as an independent career woman in New York was well spent, IMO. It gave her independence and a chance to make her own way in a city that probably cared very little about her royal status. The circles she traveled in were aware of her origins, I'm sure, but I doubt that she was defined by who she was. I bet she'll look back on the New York phase of her life with fondness. I'm also impressed that she stuck with the New York job until she had her next and better paying job lined up, unlike her sister.
Regarding her salary she has income from a trust at this point and her father subsidizes her, she lived in a very upscale area of New York and her salary would not have supported her lifestyle.
IMO the USA is not any more or less in turmoil than most of Western Europe, and New York is not any more dangerous than London - both are huge cities w/ both safer and less safe areas.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would imagine if there is anywhere in the world that Eugenie would feel at home in, NYC would be it as it holds a lot of similarities to London. Both are the hubs of so many different things and there's so many different places to go and see.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

For anyone with the money and time and inclination and money NYC is veritable paradise.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
That's great that she left New York. It probably cost her a ridiculous amount of money to stay the length of time she did. I seriously doubt she had much money left out of her salary to do much with after having to pay bills and buy groceries in New York.

She's going to do a lot better in London. I am glad she was able to enjoy her stay and make use of it on her resume. It really put New York in the limelight as a place that has faced it's share of hardships but pulled through to be what it is today. Such a safe place an English Royal can walk down the street without problems. I never thought I'd see the day, lol.

Lastly, Beatrice is hardly the first princess to live in New York lately (not to mention all the other well-known people who live there). I don't think that Eugenie living there really puts New York in the limelight at all, and I don't think it's surprising in the least that royals or others move there to work. It's a safe city and obviously has lots of opportunities in terms of work, education, etc.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:46 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A number of off-topic comments and responses to them have been removed.

Tags
princess eugenie