Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2018, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie share a picture of her and friend, Ellie Goulding-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Goulding.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2018, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie attends the Charity Premiere of 'Sharkwater Extinction' at the Curzon Soho on 18 December in London

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...cess%20Eugenie

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/ur...alproducts=all

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ave-Clark.html

Happy New Year with her best moment from the 2018 for Princess Eugenie!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsEOHRYlr8e/

Old 01-01-2019, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She actually shared a full year “story” of her best moments which was beautiful, and included some wonderful pictures of Beatrice and her father.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:04 AM
Commoner

Folks have any thoughts on Eugénie being given patronage of some national art museum given she actually works in art? Instead of DoC having it.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrichie View Post
Folks have any thoughts on Eugénie being given patronage of some national art museum given she actually works in art? Instead of DoC having it.
Do you mean the National Portrait Gallery? Or the V&A?

Eugenie has several patronages, and unless they're "passed down" like the two HM has given to Meghan, new potential patronages are often sent as requests to a certain royal.

Catherine is very much into art, her degree from St Andrews is in the History of Art and she studied briefly at the British Institute in Florence which is dedicated to teaching english and Italian languages, as well as having an english library of books on art, history and music.

Eugenie also isn't officially a working royal, so giving her quite a "heavy" patronage like the NPG means that she would have to perform engagements much more than she does now.

Just because a patronage appears to suit one more than the other, doesn't mean that is necessarily the case.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Wy would she get a big patronage? She is not working Royal and Kate is....
Old 01-15-2019, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, Eugenie's patronages are private, she does not represent the Queen.
The institutions you are thinking of require an official patron.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:28 PM
Commoner

Because she’s royal. A princess. One big patronage isn’t a ton more events. And patronages, do those have much to do with official member of royal family? It’s not a constitutional duty of the monarch or royals.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There are two factors to remember when thinking about the British Royal Family. The actual family of HM, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh which includes children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews. Such as you would find in any family.

Then there's the members of the British Royal family that serve the monarchy (the family business that they call the "Firm"). These are the working members of the royal family. They work representing the Queen and their activities are reported in the Court Circular.

Neither Beatrice or Eugenie work for the "Firm". They are private citizens and any charity work they do is their own. "Official" patronages such as are handed down by the Queen are done within the "Firm".
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Courtier

I think any role taken on by Beatrice and Eugenie is unlikely to be Royal Patron as I think these will be reserved for the working members of the Royal Family. That's not to say she wouldn't have a role to play.

As an example the Queen is Patron of the Royal Ballet, the Prince of Wales is the President and Lady Sarah Chatto is the Vice-President. All of these are honorary positions as distinct from the actual running the company positions. I could see Eugenie adopting a lesser, honorary role like Lady Sarah has with the Royal Ballet.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
I think any role taken on by Beatrice and Eugenie is unlikely to be Royal Patron as I think these will be reserved for the working members of the Royal Family. That's not to say she wouldn't have a role to play.

As an example the Queen is Patron of the Royal Ballet, the Prince of Wales is the President and Lady Sarah Chatto is the Vice-President. All of these are honorary positions as distinct from the actual running the company positions. I could see Eugenie adopting a lesser, honorary role like Lady Sarah has with the Royal Ballet.
I don't know, if a certain charity/organization supports a cause that is very close to either of the girls' hearts, than I think they would be able to become the Royal Patron, especially since they are already 'Royal' patrons for a few organizations, even if they may not be very big and prominent. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Eugenie became patron of the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Whether they are working royals or not, they do have Royal patronages. They are addressed as Royal patrons of a few organizations.

And Eugenie does have an art gallery patronage. She is the Tate Gallery youth patron. She was appointed last year.

https://www.tate.org.uk/press/press-...ron-tate-young

There are plenty of art galleries and organizations, major ones even, even without national in the name.,
Old 01-15-2019, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Whether they are working royals or not, they do have Royal patronages. They are addressed as Royal patrons of a few organizations.

And Eugenie does have an art gallery patronage. She is the Tate Gallery youth patron. She was appointed last year.

https://www.tate.org.uk/press/press-...ron-tate-young

There are plenty of art galleries and organizations, major ones even, even without national in the name.,

How exactly is a "royal patronage" distinguished from a plain patronage ?
Old 01-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

A 'royal patronage' has a royal as patron.

An ordinary patronage has a non-royal as patron.

Beatrice and Eugenie aren't working royals in the sense that when they do something for their charities those events aren't listed in the CC but they are still 'royal patrons' of those charities.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
A 'royal patronage' has a royal as patron.

An ordinary patronage has a non-royal as patron.

Beatrice and Eugenie aren't working royals in the sense that when they do something for their charities those events aren't listed in the CC but they are still 'royal patrons' of those charities.

Beatrice and Eugenie are royal whether they "work for the Firm" or not. They have been royal from birth as they were born as HRHs and princesas of the United Kingdom. Per your definition then, all of their patronages should be considered "royal patronages", which I think is what you are trying to say, right ?
Old 01-15-2019, 09:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Exactly. Their patronages are 'royal patronages' as they are royal. When they do something for their patronage they don't get funded from the Sovereign Grant or publicly funded security but they are still 'royal patronages'.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Because she’s royal. A princess. One big patronage isn’t a ton more events. And patronages, do those have much to do with official member of royal family? It’s not a constitutional duty of the monarch or royals.
It may not be a duty, but a big patronage such as the V & A museum wants a working royal for their patron and not a private citizen.
Beatrice and Eugenie are born princesses, but they are private citizens and are unlikely to get any big patronages.

(From what I've observed, there's a bit of a snob factor involved, with institutions desiring the highest-ranked royal they can get! I don't think educational background is necessarily a huge requirement- status is).
Old 01-16-2019, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
I don't know, if a certain charity/organization supports a cause that is very close to either of the girls' hearts, than I think they would be able to become the Royal Patron, especially since they are already 'Royal' patrons for a few organizations, even if they may not be very big and prominent. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Eugenie became patron of the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital.
I think she already is a patron of the RNOH. I think they're un likely to have any "big" patronages passed on but never say never to something like Lady Sarah's positions.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I think she already is a patron of the RNOH.
Eugenie is patron of The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Appeal, which is the registered charity for the hospital. She's not patron of the hospital itself, it appears it doesn't have one.

Edit: The RNOH had one in 1920, it was Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester. The current Dukes father, it appears that the patronage was not passed on with his death.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Eugenie is patron of The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Appeal, which is the registered charity for the hospital. She's not patron of the hospital itself, it appears it doesn't have one.

Edit: The RNOH had one in 1920, it was Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester. The current Dukes father, it appears that the patronage was not passed on with his death.

I thought her father became patron of the hospital after the scoliosis operation.

Tags
current events, jack brooksbank, princess eugenie