Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only part of their lives paid for by the taxpayers is their security.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...s-not-require-police-protection-says-former-S

The above is the opinion of someone who knows.

By the way if you really believe that the British royal family only costs a matter of pennies each to the British tax payer and security is the only part of the girls´ life that is paid for from public funds and that the rest comes from their father´s seemingly inexhaustible pocket, then I would like to sell you the Tower of London, which has recently come into my possession.
PayPal accepted.

However the York princesses 'entire life' is not paid for. They have security supplied at taxpayers expense and the rest of their lifestyle is funded from the private wealth of the Queen, not the taxpayers. They are thus answerable to her and their father and no one else.

They're entire lives are paid for as they don't have to work for anything, they're given everything they have.

I guess my point through this all is that it seems harsh to judge these people who don't CHOOSE this life, by higher standards. It's one thing to say, well, you chose to become President, or Politician or Diplomat or whatever, and therefore the morale standards you will be held to are to be more strict than those of the general public. And quite another to expect those born into the position to adhere to standards that a typical person off the street isn't required to meet.

If that's the case then don't bother enjoying all the things your title brings. You're royalty, and as as such are held to specific standards, if you don't want to be held to those standards then drop your title and get a job like Anne's kids.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...s-not-require-police-protection-says-former-S

The above is the opinion of someone who knows.

By the way if you really believe that the British royal family only costs a matter of pennies each to the British tax payer and security is the only part of the girls´ life that is paid for from public funds and that the rest comes from their father´s seemingly inexhaustible pocket, then I would like to sell you the Tower of London, which has recently come into my possession.
PayPal accepted.

Your link doesn't work.

I wasn't referring to the BRF but to the two York Princesses.

The Queen and Prince Philip get paid from the Civil List. All other payments made as annuities are repaid by the Queen and so Andrew's income is essentially from his mother. He also has a navy pension - as do any other servicemen who have put in the required years of service. Of course Andrew also gets paid expenses by the government when he carries out duties for them.

Eugenie and Beatrice are not getting paid by the government and thus by the taxpayers. Their security is most certainly paid by the taxpayers of course. When they appear in public with other royals and they have legitimate expenses e.g. if they assist their father on a visit and have an expense and the government agrees that it is an expense then that will be paid. Any transport costs associated with such an enterprise would also be picked up by the government.

However, as they aren't doing royal duties on any sort of scale, but are full-time students, they are not supported by taxpayers but by their father who in turn is supported by the Queen from her income from the Duchy of Lancaster. They also have trust funds from their great-grandmother, which Sarah has admitted that they have used to help her financially.

There are some people who believe that the Duchy of Lancaster income and the Duchy of Cornwall income are actually taxpayer funded but that only holds if all other private estate incomes are so regarded e.g. the Earl Spencer's income from Althorp.

They're entire lives are paid for as they do I n't have to work for anything, they're given everything they have.

Only to the same extent as any other person of their age is paid for by their parents. They don't have to work, yet, because they are full-time students and come from a wealthy family. I took your post to mean that they were being paid for by the British taxpayers - and they are not. The vast majority of their expenses, except for their security, are paid for by their father and grandmother.

In time they will either get full-time jobs or become full-time royals but at the moment they are students whose wealthy family are supporting them.

If that's the case then don't bother enjoying all the things your title brings. You're royalty, and as as such are held to specific standards, if you don't want to be held to those standards then drop your title and get a job like Anne's kids.

They are full time students so getting a job isn't an option yet. They aren't as wild as Zara was in many ways at the same age. It really isn't fair to compare 20 and 22 years now to a 29 and 33 year old but to compare them to the 29 and 33 year old when they were 20 and 22 and there were lots of stories about wild Zara in particular with her jockey boyfriends and rebelliousness. In time the York girls will either become focussed working royals or get full-time jobs away from the royal spotlight but at the moment they are students, having a bit of fun.

What was so wrong with a young 20 year old girl making faces in private anyway?

Isn't this true of any child/very young adult whose parents can afford to pay for their education? I didn't have to pay for room and board because I stayed at home and commuted to university. Parents generally help their children as much as they're able.

They're entire lives are paid for as they don't have to work for anything, they're given everything they have.

Isn't this true of any child/very young adult whose parents can afford to pay for their education? I didn't have to pay for room and board because I stayed at home and commuted to university. Parents generally help their children as much as they're able.

That is my understanding as well. Eugenie is wealthy and a royal. :flowers:
I don't think she's done anything wrong at all. They're just pictures of her with her friends making faces- some people think it's un-royal. I think it's just another 20-year-old having some fun with "friends."

What are the chances of them ever having a real career? Unlike Anne's kids, who were raised mostly outside the system, the York girls have little reason stretch out. I believe them to be too accustomed to their titles and what they can get from them to really push.

I never said there was anything wrong with the pics themselves but it's been stated repeatedly in the past the York's have to know that the perception of their family is beyond poor, for every forward step they take for something like Beatrice running a marathon they take five back for just about anything else. At some point you (More Eugenie than Beatrice at this point) have to sit there and think that, as much as you want to have fun, goofing around isn't helping. In the eyes of the public, your mother is a joke, a spendthrift, jobless and your father

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point in time we don't know what the intentions are with regard to the future of the York. I am sure that they do, but their degrees aren't ones that tell you obviously what career they will be following, whereas Zara and Peter both studied sports based degrees at university with a clear indication that they would work in those fields.

For the York girls History (Beatrice), Art History, Literature and Politics (Eugenie) don't have a career jumping at you. Those sorts of subjects here would be leading to teaching (hardly), curators (possibly in the Royal Collection) or a springboard to further education.

So either they are going to have to do more education to get something that is career specific, or somehow use what they have or do royal duties for a living. I do see Beatrice going the full time royal route with Eugenie doing something else - such as working in the Royal Collection or the Archives as Windsor - hopefully starting at the bottom but there are certainly careers in those areas for her.

The girls can do one of two things with regard to their parents - ignore it and live their own lives, or say 'wow - I can't have any fun, in case a friend posts silly photos on Facebook, because my parents are hated by the British public and message board members'. Thankfully, to my mind, the young 20 year old Princess is enjoying life while she can knowing that in a couple of years she has to enter the work force - either for the Firm or in something else - she knows I am sure but we don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah the elusive royal duties. One day perhaps these will be listed for people to understand. Does one go to university to go and smile at a hospital and receive a bunch of flowers, and to read out a nice little comforting speech written by a secretary to the assembled people who have an interest in the subject of the speech?
Is there a necessity for a degree to hold a pair of silver scissors and cut a ribbon and receive yet another bunch of flowers.
Perhaps a course in floral arrangement would have been a good course to take, but then one of their security officers has probably taken one to be of better use as he trails after these young ladies.
As to the future of York? Who knows who will get the title after Andrew? He still has time to marry again and have a son but it is a title that is given (by favour) to the son or grandson of a sovereign so it is more likely that it will be given to the son of the monarch of the time.
As to the assumption that they know what they are doing, their mother when she had a spot of bother said she didn´t know what she was doing because she was drunk and the ex-husband, she was boarding with, didn´t know anything about it either.
Curator of the royal collection, or working in the archives, that to me for a royal princess sounds very much like the ribbon cutting to open a new railway station. When the two Princes William and Harry marry and have children I can´t even see them doing this, that will be their job.
A good start to their future life would be to save the British public some money by having their security (deemed unnecessary) removed and make sure that when they have fun they do it out of the sight of cameras.
As far as Beatrice is concerned I am all for her marrying Dave and retiring to a domestic life of luxury. Good luck to her.

As to the future of York? Who knows who will get the title after Andrew? He still has time to marry again and have a son but it is a title that is given (by favour) to the son or grandson of a sovereign so it is more likely that it will be given to the son of the monarch of the time.

Unless Andrew does have a son, the York title reverts to the crown. Historically it has been given to the second son of the monarch(which is why Andrew got it) So if William follows tradition and has at least 2 sons, as adults the second one will become Duke of York. Harry probably will be made Duke of something else assuming Andrew lives to a ripe old age, there can only be on Duke of York at a time.

Ah the elusive royal duties. One day perhaps these will be listed for people to understand. Does one go to university to go and smile at a hospital and receive a bunch of flowers, and to read out a nice little comforting speech written by a secretary to the assembled people who have an interest in the subject of the speech?
Is there a necessity for a degree to hold a pair of silver scissors and cut a ribbon and receive yet another bunch of flowers.
Perhaps a course in floral arrangement would have been a good course to take, but then one of their security officers has probably taken one to be of better use as he trails after these young ladies.
As to the assumption that they know what they are doing, their mother when she had a spot of bother said she didn´t know what she was doing because she was drunk and the ex-husband, she was boarding with, didn´t know anything about it either.
Curator of the royal collection, or working in the archives, that to me for a royal princess sounds very much like the ribbon cutting to open a new railway station. When the two Princes William and Harry marry and have children I can´t even see them doing this, that will be their job.
A good start to their future life would be to save the British public some money by having their security (deemed unnecessary) removed and make sure that when they have fun they do it out of the sight of cameras.
As far as Beatrice is concerned I am all for her marrying Dave and retiring to a domestic life of luxury. Good luck to her.

What a sad post?

Education is never a waste, even if the educated person doesn't use it.

Being the curator of the Royal Collection isn't like ribbon cutting and would take years of work to get there. This is the person who looks after one of the largest collections of priceless works in the world and is a highly paid and sort after job for those in that field. Working in the Royal Archives also requires a strong understanding of history and how these things work. These are NOT sinecure positions but highly responsible ones taking care of the nation's heritage but totally suitable for two educated young ladies who have an interest in these areas, based on their degree topics. You need to do some research as to what these positions entail before commenting further, in my opinion.

If the girls don't know whether their future is royal duties or make their own way in the world at this stage (and that is all I am suggesting they know - not the nitty-gritty of whether they will be opening this bridge on Monday and that hospital wing on Wednesday) I would say that they have been let down heavily by the royal establishment. They know, for sure, whether they have to earn their own living or work for The Firm.

Until William and Harry marry, and who knows when that will be, these young ladies are simply the only young princesses Britain has.

As for not being where photos can be taken - I don't think a deserted island is the option and that is really the only place these days - well not quite - satellites can take photos from space so there really is nowhere. All their friends will have phones that take photos etc. They all have Facebook accounts and post photos of their fun - somehow these two young ladies actually aren't allowed to have fun as that is the only real way to not have photos appear.

I know very well what the position of royal curator entails , and I am only grateful that you are not the person who will choose who will occupy this position, as it sounds to me as though Princess Eugenie would get the job "hors de concours. As her father once said when asked what qualifications he possessed to represent British Trade and he answered "Genetic qualifications".
Yes, they are the only young princesses at the moment as Edward and Sophie were wise enough to keep their children in the background.

I won´t get into an argument about what "fun" is. Many things that seem like fun to one group of persons doesn´t seem like fun to others. Not all young people would find it funny to run naked around their school grounds, dark or not. but then that is in the past and I must try to forget ever hearing about this.
As to advising me to read more, as I have often heard on this forum being said about the royal family, no one here knows them (which is rather amusing really as that is definitely an "incognito" but one thing I am sure of, is that you have no idea who I am, or what I have read, or anything about my education or what subjects interest me and this is how it should be on a public forum.
Actually, I would like to be proud of the two princesses but so far I am not, perhaps it was better back in my grandmother´s time when royalty had a kind of mysticism and their clay feet were well hidden.

Quite right.

I do not see any material roles for the York girls in the BRF in the future, and it would be sensible for them to build lives for themselves independent of the monarchy. Marriage and / or independent careers would be good. In time, they could occassionally carry out a few engagements in support of their grand mother or their uncle, as appropriate.

Princess Eugenie and cousins out for a good time - but the comments are unflattering as usual.

Prince Harry is joined by Princesses Beatrice and Eugeine on a night out at Public nightclub | Mail Online

I'm not surprised!
Don't they own any mirrors?

They must know that wherever they go, they'll be photographed, so why not put a little effort into the way they look?
I don't think they could look worse if they'd tried!

Especially Eugenie. What was she thinking? In twenty years those photos will make her cringe!

I'm not surprised!
Don't they own any mirrors?

They must know that wherever they go, they'll be photographed, so why not put a little effort into the way they look?
I don't think they could look worse if they'd tried!

Especially Eugenie. What was she thinking? In twenty years those photos will make her cringe!

I really don't think she gives much thought as to whether or not she's going to be photographed but rather is looking ahead to the night out with friends and family. Thinking back to when I was Eugenie's age and some of the outfits I wore at the time, I have to laugh. Popcorn tops, hot pants and knee high boots. If I remember at that time it was more wearing the latest fad that mattered rather than what actually looked good on me. By the time we hit our late teens and early 20s, we're still somewhat in the peer pressure/group identification mindset that teenagers tend to fall into. Probably by the time Eugenie hits her mid 20s, she will be developing a style of her own and want her own style.

I really don't think she gives much thought as to whether or not she's going to be photographed but rather is looking ahead to the night out with friends and family. Thinking back to when I was Eugenie's age and some of the outfits I wore at the time, I have to laugh. Popcorn tops, hot pants and knee high boots. If I remember at that time it was more wearing the latest fad that mattered rather than what actually looked good on me. By the time we hit our late teens and early 20s, we're still somewhat in the peer pressure/group identification mindset that teenagers tend to fall into. Probably by the time Eugenie hits her mid 20s, she will be developing a style of her own and want her own style.

I hope you're right about that.
Wearing trendy things that look just awful provokes criticism- and that is sure to undermine a young girl's confidence.
I'm sure some of those comments- like the one about Eugenie having a sense of humor to wear that skirt with those legs- will reach her, and cause hurt feelings that will linger for years.

Yes, I'm sure that you're right. Sophie Rhys-Jones got around that issue by referring to her "sturdy Welsh legs" before the press did!

She is known for being the wild child of the Royal Family. And Princess Eugenie made sure she lived up to her party-loving reputation on a night out in Verbier.

The young Royal, who is sixth in line to the throne, hit the slopes of the Swiss Alps resort Sunday morning – despite a hangover from having thrown herself energetically into the apres-ski the night before.

Dressed in a black frock and knee-high boots, Eugenie danced the night away on Friday at the trendy Farm Club disco in the centre of town with a young man who was clearly besotted with her.

Read more: Princess Eugenie with her handsome friend in Verbier | Mail Online

The man who danced with Princess Eugenie in a ski resort bar has revealed that he actually had his eye on the young Royal’s pretty female friend.
French barman Vivian Cammarata danced hand-in-hand with the Duke of York’s youngest daughter during a family holiday the young Princess was enjoying with her sister, mother and father in the Swiss Alps.

Read more: I had my eyes on her friend, says barman who danced night away with Princess Eugenie | Mail Online

-------------------------

Well, I guess Chivalry is dead. Honestly, I am NOT disgusted that he liked Eugenie's friend and not Eugenie. The heart likes what it likes. I am disgusted that the felt the need to sell his story. But what can you do? Another lesson for Eugenie, that you have to be careful what you do in public and possibly another reason why public figures aren't so quick to make new friends.

Who do you trust?

The man who danced with Princess Eugenie in a ski resort bar has revealed that he actually had his eye on the young Royal’s pretty female friend.
French barman Vivian Cammarata danced hand-in-hand with the Duke of York’s youngest daughter during a family holiday the young Princess was enjoying with her sister, mother and father in the Swiss Alps.

Read more: I had my eyes on her friend, says barman who danced night away with Princess Eugenie | Mail Online

Well, I guess Chivalry is dead. Honestly, I am NOT disgusted that he liked Eugenie's friend and not Eugenie. The heart likes what it likes. I am disgusted that the felt the need to sell his story. But what can you do? Another lesson for Eugenie, that you have to be careful what you do in public and possibly another reason why public figures aren't so quick to make new friends.

Who do you trust?

Did he 'sell' the story or was he simply asked a question by a reporter which he decided to answer?

The article says that they met at 3:00 in thre morning, then danced and that she left at 3:30 - that's hardly "dancing the night away"....:whistling:

It' a Daily Mail article, over the top headlines are mandatory under penalty of death.

YIKES. I think she forgot the bottom half of her dress. :lol:

Doesn't anyone in this family have any sense. With their father in his current mess, this is the LAST place his daughters should go! :bang:

Well, there already was a comment that they go their because it is one of a few nightclubs where it is unlikely they meet their mother there... but probably their father... :whistling:

To their credit, neither girl looked very happy when leaving. It hasn't been proved that their father did anything wrong, but it certainly doesn't look very good for him.:sad:

Well, there already was a comment that they go their because it is one of a few nightclubs where it is unlikely they meet their mother there... but probably their father... :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom