The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
As to the future of York? Who knows who will get the title after Andrew? He still has time to marry again and have a son but it is a title that is given (by favour) to the son or grandson of a sovereign so it is more likely that it will be given to the son of the monarch of the time.
Unless Andrew does have a son, the York title reverts to the crown. Historically it has been given to the second son of the monarch(which is why Andrew got it) So if William follows tradition and has at least 2 sons, as adults the second one will become Duke of York. Harry probably will be made Duke of something else assuming Andrew lives to a ripe old age, there can only be on Duke of York at a time.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Ah the elusive royal duties. One day perhaps these will be listed for people to understand. Does one go to university to go and smile at a hospital and receive a bunch of flowers, and to read out a nice little comforting speech written by a secretary to the assembled people who have an interest in the subject of the speech?
Is there a necessity for a degree to hold a pair of silver scissors and cut a ribbon and receive yet another bunch of flowers.
Perhaps a course in floral arrangement would have been a good course to take, but then one of their security officers has probably taken one to be of better use as he trails after these young ladies.
As to the future of York? Who knows who will get the title after Andrew? He still has time to marry again and have a son but it is a title that is given (by favour) to the son or grandson of a sovereign so it is more likely that it will be given to the son of the monarch of the time.
As to the assumption that they know what they are doing, their mother when she had a spot of bother said she didn´t know what she was doing because she was drunk and the ex-husband, she was boarding with, didn´t know anything about it either.
Curator of the royal collection, or working in the archives, that to me for a royal princess sounds very much like the ribbon cutting to open a new railway station. When the two Princes William and Harry marry and have children I can´t even see them doing this, that will be their job.
A good start to their future life would be to save the British public some money by having their security (deemed unnecessary) removed and make sure that when they have fun they do it out of the sight of cameras.
As far as Beatrice is concerned I am all for her marrying Dave and retiring to a domestic life of luxury. Good luck to her.

What a sad post?

Education is never a waste, even if the educated person doesn't use it.

Being the curator of the Royal Collection isn't like ribbon cutting and would take years of work to get there. This is the person who looks after one of the largest collections of priceless works in the world and is a highly paid and sort after job for those in that field. Working in the Royal Archives also requires a strong understanding of history and how these things work. These are NOT sinecure positions but highly responsible ones taking care of the nation's heritage but totally suitable for two educated young ladies who have an interest in these areas, based on their degree topics. You need to do some research as to what these positions entail before commenting further, in my opinion.

If the girls don't know whether their future is royal duties or make their own way in the world at this stage (and that is all I am suggesting they know - not the nitty-gritty of whether they will be opening this bridge on Monday and that hospital wing on Wednesday) I would say that they have been let down heavily by the royal establishment. They know, for sure, whether they have to earn their own living or work for The Firm.

Until William and Harry marry, and who knows when that will be, these young ladies are simply the only young princesses Britain has.

As for not being where photos can be taken - I don't think a deserted island is the option and that is really the only place these days - well not quite - satellites can take photos from space so there really is nowhere. All their friends will have phones that take photos etc. They all have Facebook accounts and post photos of their fun - somehow these two young ladies actually aren't allowed to have fun as that is the only real way to not have photos appear.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Courtier

I know very well what the position of royal curator entails , and I am only grateful that you are not the person who will choose who will occupy this position, as it sounds to me as though Princess Eugenie would get the job "hors de concours. As her father once said when asked what qualifications he possessed to represent British Trade and he answered "Genetic qualifications".
Yes, they are the only young princesses at the moment as Edward and Sophie were wise enough to keep their children in the background.

I won´t get into an argument about what "fun" is. Many things that seem like fun to one group of persons doesn´t seem like fun to others. Not all young people would find it funny to run naked around their school grounds, dark or not. but then that is in the past and I must try to forget ever hearing about this.
As to advising me to read more, as I have often heard on this forum being said about the royal family, no one here knows them (which is rather amusing really as that is definitely an "incognito" but one thing I am sure of, is that you have no idea who I am, or what I have read, or anything about my education or what subjects interest me and this is how it should be on a public forum.
Actually, I would like to be proud of the two princesses but so far I am not, perhaps it was better back in my grandmother´s time when royalty had a kind of mysticism and their clay feet were well hidden.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As far as Beatrice is concerned I am all for her marrying Dave and retiring to a domestic life of luxury. Good luck to her.
Quite right.

I do not see any material roles for the York girls in the BRF in the future, and it would be sensible for them to build lives for themselves independent of the monarchy. Marriage and / or independent careers would be good. In time, they could occassionally carry out a few engagements in support of their grand mother or their uncle, as appropriate.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Administrator

We are veering off topic, if you wish to discuss the future roles of Eugenie and Beatrice, please do so here Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 12-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Majesty

Princess Eugenie and cousins out for a good time - but the comments are unflattering as usual.

Prince Harry is joined by Princesses Beatrice and Eugeine on a night out at Public nightclub | Mail Online
Old 12-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Princess Eugenie and cousins out for a good time - but the comments are unflattering as usual.

Prince Harry is joined by Princesses Beatrice and Eugeine on a night out at Public nightclub | Mail Online

I'm not surprised!
Don't they own any mirrors?

They must know that wherever they go, they'll be photographed, so why not put a little effort into the way they look?
I don't think they could look worse if they'd tried!

Especially Eugenie. What was she thinking? In twenty years those photos will make her cringe!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm not surprised!
Don't they own any mirrors?

They must know that wherever they go, they'll be photographed, so why not put a little effort into the way they look?
I don't think they could look worse if they'd tried!

Especially Eugenie. What was she thinking? In twenty years those photos will make her cringe!
I really don't think she gives much thought as to whether or not she's going to be photographed but rather is looking ahead to the night out with friends and family. Thinking back to when I was Eugenie's age and some of the outfits I wore at the time, I have to laugh. Popcorn tops, hot pants and knee high boots. If I remember at that time it was more wearing the latest fad that mattered rather than what actually looked good on me. By the time we hit our late teens and early 20s, we're still somewhat in the peer pressure/group identification mindset that teenagers tend to fall into. Probably by the time Eugenie hits her mid 20s, she will be developing a style of her own and want her own style.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really don't think she gives much thought as to whether or not she's going to be photographed but rather is looking ahead to the night out with friends and family. Thinking back to when I was Eugenie's age and some of the outfits I wore at the time, I have to laugh. Popcorn tops, hot pants and knee high boots. If I remember at that time it was more wearing the latest fad that mattered rather than what actually looked good on me. By the time we hit our late teens and early 20s, we're still somewhat in the peer pressure/group identification mindset that teenagers tend to fall into. Probably by the time Eugenie hits her mid 20s, she will be developing a style of her own and want her own style.

I hope you're right about that.
Wearing trendy things that look just awful provokes criticism- and that is sure to undermine a young girl's confidence.
I'm sure some of those comments- like the one about Eugenie having a sense of humor to wear that skirt with those legs- will reach her, and cause hurt feelings that will linger for years.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I'm sure that you're right. Sophie Rhys-Jones got around that issue by referring to her "sturdy Welsh legs" before the press did!

[QUOTE=Mirabel;1180473
I'm sure some of those comments- like the one about Eugenie having a sense of humor to wear that skirt with those legs- will reach her, and cause hurt feelings that will linger for years.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Administrator

She is known for being the wild child of the Royal Family. And Princess Eugenie made sure she lived up to her party-loving reputation on a night out in Verbier.

The young Royal, who is sixth in line to the throne, hit the slopes of the Swiss Alps resort Sunday morning – despite a hangover from having thrown herself energetically into the apres-ski the night before.

Dressed in a black frock and knee-high boots, Eugenie danced the night away on Friday at the trendy Farm Club disco in the centre of town with a young man who was clearly besotted with her.

Read more: Princess Eugenie with her handsome friend in Verbier | Mail Online

Old 02-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Administrator

The man who danced with Princess Eugenie in a ski resort bar has revealed that he actually had his eye on the young Royal’s pretty female friend.
French barman Vivian Cammarata danced hand-in-hand with the Duke of York’s youngest daughter during a family holiday the young Princess was enjoying with her sister, mother and father in the Swiss Alps.

Read more: I had my eyes on her friend, says barman who danced night away with Princess Eugenie | Mail Online

-------------------------

Well, I guess Chivalry is dead. Honestly, I am NOT disgusted that he liked Eugenie's friend and not Eugenie. The heart likes what it likes. I am disgusted that the felt the need to sell his story. But what can you do? Another lesson for Eugenie, that you have to be careful what you do in public and possibly another reason why public figures aren't so quick to make new friends.

Who do you trust?

Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The man who danced with Princess Eugenie in a ski resort bar has revealed that he actually had his eye on the young Royal’s pretty female friend.
French barman Vivian Cammarata danced hand-in-hand with the Duke of York’s youngest daughter during a family holiday the young Princess was enjoying with her sister, mother and father in the Swiss Alps.

Read more: I had my eyes on her friend, says barman who danced night away with Princess Eugenie | Mail Online

Well, I guess Chivalry is dead. Honestly, I am NOT disgusted that he liked Eugenie's friend and not Eugenie. The heart likes what it likes. I am disgusted that the felt the need to sell his story. But what can you do? Another lesson for Eugenie, that you have to be careful what you do in public and possibly another reason why public figures aren't so quick to make new friends.

Who do you trust?

Did he 'sell' the story or was he simply asked a question by a reporter which he decided to answer?
Old 02-13-2011, 05:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

The article says that they met at 3:00 in thre morning, then danced and that she left at 3:30 - that's hardly "dancing the night away"....
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Nobility

It' a Daily Mail article, over the top headlines are mandatory under penalty of death.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Serene Highness

YIKES. I think she forgot the bottom half of her dress.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Eugenie and Beatrice turn up to Harry's kinky club The Box | Mail Online
Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't anyone in this family have any sense. With their father in his current mess, this is the LAST place his daughters should go!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Doesn't anyone in this family have any sense. With their father in his current mess, this is the LAST place his daughters should go!
Well, there already was a comment that they go their because it is one of a few nightclubs where it is unlikely they meet their mother there... but probably their father...
Old 03-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

To their credit, neither girl looked very happy when leaving. It hasn't been proved that their father did anything wrong, but it certainly doesn't look very good for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Well, there already was a comment that they go their because it is one of a few nightclubs where it is unlikely they meet their mother there... but probably their father...

Tags
princess eugenie