Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel really sorry for both young "York royals". They have all the pressure from the tabloids but basically no sympathy due to the behaviour of their parents and also due to the behaviour of their parents, they cannot even enjoy the good of their position as in having money to spent for clothes, parties or fancy places to go. I wouldn't want to be in their place.

Yes, of course. But that's usually because the person has something bad done to them or someone they know by the person he/she takes potshots at. Beatrice and Eugenie haven't done anything that most teenagers and young people haven't done. Yes, they have strange taste in clothes (although Beatrice seems to be improving in that way); but they have steady boyfriends and go to university. Why be hateful toward young women who have done nothing horrible? What is there to hate so much? I don't see it.

Haven't you ever disliked or known someone who disliked another person so much, for whatever reason, that they took shots whenever they could?

Last edited:
Yes, of course. But that's usually because the person has something bad done to them or someone they know by the person he/she takes potshots at. Beatrice and Eugenie haven't done anything that most teenagers and young people have done. Yes, they have strange taste in clothes (although Beatrice seems to be improving in that way); but they have steady boyfriends and go to university. Why be hateful toward young women who have done nothing horrible? What is there to hate so much? I don't see it.

I couldn't have put it better.

The vitriol is really sad for two young ladies who haven't done any harm to anyone but are simply trying to grow up with everything they do reported negatively in the press (unlike their cousins who were protected by press agreement).

Yes, of course. But that's usually because the person has something bad done to them or someone they know by the person he/she takes potshots at. Beatrice and Eugenie haven't done anything that most teenagers and young people have done. Yes, they have strange taste in clothes (although Beatrice seems to be improving in that way); but they have steady boyfriends and go to university. Why be hateful toward young women who have done nothing horrible? What is there to hate so much? I don't see it.

Mermaid, I hear you. Agree with you. There's never been evidence of them being bad or lording themselves over others, something I've heard about Anne a couple times, but you're thinking logically. They don't do anything that normal teens and young adults do but they're not normal, they're royals and the children of two intensely disliked parents at that.

As much as we'd like to look at the situation logically and say, "what they're parents do has no bearing on them" to the poor anonymous nobody blood will always out. The girls are easy targets for anger and as such get pelted unreasonably so.

Mind this doesn't fall on the heads of the William or Harry. William is hailed as a hero whenever he's part of a rescue mission despite being the co-pilot, despite not being the one who goes and gets the trouble persons. He and Harry and friends go out, hold up a beer bong and tell a girl to put it in their mouth and pretend that "it's a big willie" eh, boys will be boys.

Beatrice runs a marathon and someone will no doubtlessly mention something about connections, about being rich.

Is it fair? Not in a million *bleeping* years but when your mummy's the beloved Diana Spencer instead of the Duchess of York the rules are changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few of tomorrows papers are reporting that Eugenie may have been a victim of the phone-hacking scandal surrounding the News of the World.

A few of tomorrows papers are reporting that Eugenie may have been a victim of the phone-hacking scandal surrounding the News of the World.

Oh I sincerely hope not! :sad:

It's really quite outrageous that they were getting away with this kind of thing for so long and with so many people. It seems that the whole York family have been violated or exploited to some degree by this "newspaper".
Poor Eugenie - to go through the experience of an attempted mugging is bad enough, but then to have it splashed all over the papers after someone has violated your privacy... That really is out of order.

It's really quite outrageous that they were getting away with this kind of thing for so long and with so many people. It seems that the whole York family have been violated or exploited to some degree by this "newspaper".
Poor Eugenie - to go through the experience of an attempted mugging is bad enough, but then to have it splashed all over the papers after someone has violated your privacy... That really is out of order.

If true, it's beyond the pale since they've done it before. I honestly wonder who they have willing to risk the wrath of the BRF to do this. The gains of hacking Eugenie and Beatrice's phones doesn't seem like it would be substantial.

By the way fergiefan, her friend was the victim of an attempted mugging not Eugenie and this hasn't only happened to the Yorks. I understand that you're a sarah fan and most of the time you're posts are on the money but there's times where you make it seem like the Yorks are the only ones that have things done to them. They may take some hard shots in the media, some deserved some not, but they aren't always the only victims.

Last edited:
If true, it's beyond the pale since they've done it before. I honestly wonder who they have willing to risk the wrath of the BRF to do this. The gains of hacking Eugenie and Beatrice's phones doesn't seem like it would be substantial.

By the way fergiefan, her friend was the victim of an attempted mugging not Eugenie and this hasn't only happened to the Yorks. I understand that you're a sarah fan and most of the time you're posts are on the money but there's times where you make it seem like the Yorks are the only ones that have things done to them. They may take some hard shots in the media, some deserved some not, but they aren't always the only victims.

I didn't mean to imply that it was only the Yorks who were victims. When I said they had been "getting away with this kind of thing for so long and with so many people", I was intending to refer to the whole range of public figures - actors, politicians, other royals, etc. I realise that the following sentence makes that ambiguous by talking about the Yorks - sorry, I guess I didn't express myself too well there.
I didn't realise it was Eugenie's friend rather than her who was almost mugged, so thanks for that.

My point about the Yorks was that all four of them have suffered at the hands of the NOTW. So have a huge number of others, of course, and it raises major questions over journalistic methods and the power of the Murdoch organisation, but I guess that's getting a little off topic...

I'm sorry that I don't know how to post a link, but the pictures in the DM of the girls going to Church today are lovely. Eugenie in particular, looks so nice.

I'm sorry that I don't know how to post a link, but the pictures in the DM of the girls going to Church today are lovely. Eugenie in particular, looks so nice.

And sadly when reading the comments below the article not a nice word for either of them (or any of the women except the Queen).

And sadly when reading the comments below the article not a nice word for either of them (or any of the women except the Queen).

That is a shame.Both girls looked beautiful.

There's the standard nastiness but there are actually more than a few nice comments about them in there. Some seem to be split on who looks better but I thought it was actually a breath of fresh air that there were people there at least trying to give some form of constructive criticism.

I think they both looked great! Pss Beatrice looks fabulous with her svelte figure. I can't believe people found things to criticize them about. They're both very attractive young women. What's wrong with people?!

Eugenie looked lovely in white and cream.

It was a nice outfit but she looked like she was about to burst out of the jacket.
It's a pity she didn't buy one just one size larger, that really did not fit her.

It was a nice outfit but she looked like she was about to burst out of the jacket.
It's a pity she didn't buy one just one size larger, that really did not fit her.

ITA w/you. If she's left it open, it would have been fine, but w/it closed...Not so much.

I've got the same problem as Eugenie when it comes to part of my body and as much as I also love that style she's wearing, I know not to wear it because of what'll end up happening. I wish someone would take her aside and give her some advice, as it's not the first time she's worn a jacket like that and she ends up w/the exact same problem.

It's a shame too, as Eugenie's such a pretty young lady.

As do I. My solution is to leave the jacket (always single-breasted) open if it doesn't quite meet in the front--but fits in the shoulders--or to buy a jacket that closes properly and have the shoulders taken in. I think that Eugenie could afford to have jackets tailor-made, which would take care of the situation entirely. If the problem is with blouses, I find that a minimizer bra can give that extra half-inch or so that's needed. Also, flared skirts and slim shoulder pads can balance what's "up there". I think that Eugenie would look perfect in a well-fitting short jacket and a pretty, flared skirt. Dresses made to fit would work as well. Eugenie's a beautiful girl.

I've got the same problem as Eugenie when it comes to part of my body and as much as I also love that style she's wearing, I know not to wear it because of what'll end up happening..

Thanks for the links, sliver bic! Unfortunately, I am one of those who was horrified at Pss Beatrice's hat. Everything else about her outfit was stylish and flattering. Why did she have to ruin the look with that crazy hat?! I don't think Pss Eugenie looked that bad. Looking back, maybe the jacket was a little tight, but I think the color was pretty and I don't think the skirt made her bottom look big at all (as is mentioned in the article). As for the outfits they wore the evening before to the dinner . . . again, I was not impressed. I can't begin to imagine what Pss B was thinking with that emsemble. Not nice at all. And Pss E's dress was too billowy for her body type and made her look large, imo. I think a dress more like that worn by Pss Victoria would have looked very nice on her.

Princess Eugenie and boyfriend Jack Brooksbank on a night out in Chelsea, London, 25 May 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Does anyone know when is her graduation?

Pictures in the DM this morning, of Eugenie and her mother shopping in Mayfair; they are accompanied by a policewoman which is a surprise, since security for the princesses is supposed to be eliminated.

(There's also quite a few complaints about Fergie's shopping spree, but of course the packages may all belong to Eugenie).

Pictures in the DM this morning, of Eugenie and her mother shopping in Mayfair; they are accompanied by a policewoman which is a surprise, since security for the princesses is supposed to be eliminated.

(There's also quite a few complaints about Fergie's shopping spree, but of course the packages may all belong to Eugenie).

Was it said that the protection would end immediately? And why would they publicise such an information which could endanger the princesses? I didn't read the articles but wouldn't wonder if it was meant that they will terminate the protection services in the future at some point. Maybe at 31.12.2011 or so.

Sarah Ferguson has absolutely NO sense at all and is doing great harm to the BRF IMO. There are enough people out there who think they are useless and cost too much and then she comes along with something like this. I have to wonder if it might be her and Andrew's idea of keeping their daughters "out front" with all the (useless) activities and chauffered automobiles. If they don't want to deal with parking they might want to try hiring a cab. Truly brainless behavior and I've lost any sympathy I ever had for her ... and there was never very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom