Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have said in other threads, Andrew's children need to tone it down or they will be part of the Monarchy's problems going forward. Either be a princess or don't be a princess. They do not impress me at all.

William and Harry were never told to "tone it down" when they were Beatrice and Eugenie's age.
They did hardly any royals duties, the partied night after night, William might have gone to Uni but Harry didn't.

Like silver_bic said, William and Harry have a kind of "allowance" because they were Diana's sons. Eugenie and Beatrice shouldn't be treated in such a harsh way because of the actions of their parents.

Eugenie was being her own age, she goes to university, she's working hard, she's doing royal work with her father and grandparents. What else are they suppose to do?

Eugenie was being her own age, she goes to university, she's working hard, she's doing royal work with her father and grandparents. What else are they suppose to do?
Something other than post piggie faces on Facebook perhaps??

Well she didn't post them on facebook did she?
Even without being on a public networking site i'm pretty sure the DM would have found a way of getting them.

Something other than post piggie faces on Facebook perhaps??

How true, if they must be silly girls then let them do it in private and not for the whole world to see. For the very reason of being the offspring of their parents makes it even more important for them to show that they have some substance.
Unfortunately they haven´t shown any yet. As for Eugenie working hard with her royal dutes with her father and grandparents, where is that to be seen?

Women, generally, don't get as much slack as men. Bertie is willing to give the York girls a pass to the age when William and Harry take Royal duties. The way the boys are going, that may never happen.

I guess no one has told the Princesses that they are held to a higher standard, even though neither probably won't get any closer to the throne than they are now.

Someone said earlier that they never acted like that when she was 20...I didn't either or I would have been called on the carpet no matter my age.

If they are going to represent the BRF at any time, they definitely need to attend finishing school, as they are totally unsuited the way they are.

Princess Eugenie went on a two week tour of Mongolia and China with her father in 2008, she's attended numerous events with her mother quite a few hospital visits, she's attended almost every family oriented event that has been hosted eg Christmas, Easter Events etc.
On her own she opened the Teenage Cancer Trust Unit in Leeds in 2008.

Now compare this to William at Eugenie's age which is 2002, he was at St Andrews falling in love with Kate Middleton and from what I can find doing no Royal events except the obligatory Christmas etc.

When the girls have finished University, i'm pretty sure they will start royal duties as much as they are needed, and no doubt they will be needed when Charles becomes King.

There grandmother is the Queen of the United Kingdom, that is the best finishing school those girls are going to get.

Princess Eugenie went on a two week tour of Mongolia and China with her father in 2008, she's attended numerous events with her mother quite a few hospital visits, she's attended almost every family oriented event that has been hosted eg Christmas, Easter Events etc.

Now compare this to William at Eugenie's age which is 2002, he was at St Andrews falling in love with Kate Middleton and from what I can find doing no Royal events except the obligatory Christmas etc.

When the girls have finished University, i'm pretty sure they will start royal duties as much as they are needed, and no doubt they will be needed when Charles becomes King.

There grandmother is the Queen of the United Kingdom, that is the best finishing school those girls are going to get.

You say it well lumutqueen. When Sarah was interviewed on Innerviews she said something along the lines of "they get feet on the ground from me and royal life from Andrew, it's a good mix". If they have the best qualities of both their parents it is a good mix. In the future with the guidance of their Dad and Grandmother they will have a role to play in royal life, and I'm sure they will also be anxious to continue their Mum's work with Children in Crisis.

2008 is not 2010.
And I'm surprised Bertie is giving the children as much slack since from the posts I have read I get the impression she would like the monarch abolished. And the way that this princess has acted, I can't say I blame her.

Were you talking about this gap year tour?

Princess Eugenie's $200,000 gap year party | Courier Mail

By the way, having Christmas dinner with your grandmother and going to church with her is the same as finishing school?

Only reason we can see how Eugenie is acting is because of technology. It's given us ways to "access" these royals in ways other generations were never able. Princess Margaret was just as much of party girl and let's not forget Princesses Caroline and Stephanie during their younger days.

Eugenie is 21? She'll get over her partying habit before she's out of university. I'm sure her mom and dad possibly her grandparents have had a chat with her.

She's 20, and yes she'll stop "having fun and living a real life" after her university education, just like the boys did, slightly.

2008 is not 2010.
And I'm surprised Bertie is giving the children as much slack since from the posts I have read I get the impression she would like the monarch abolished. And the way that this princess has acted, I can't say I blame her.

Really...you think the monarchy should be abolished because of Facebook pictures showing Eugenie making a piggy face and drinking?
I'm not saying Eugenie has behaved perfectly, but what about the article I just recently read about Harry inhaling laughing gas to get high? Harry is almost six years older than Eugenie and closer to the throne, so why do people not start calling for the monarchy to be abolished when he does something like that?
Maybe some do, but from what I have seen there is a bigger outcry whenever the York girls do something than when William or Harry get in trouble.

2008 is not 2010.

In 2008 she wasn't in University education, 2010 she is.

Were you talking about this gap year tour?

Princess Eugenie's $200,000 gap year party | Courier Mail

By the way, having Christmas dinner with your grandmother and going to church with her is the same as finishing school?

Nope i'm not talking about the gap year tour, Eugenie spent 2 weeks with her father in China and Mongolia.

And I never said that did i?
I said that Eugenie and Beatrice had attended all the family events over the years.

I then went on to say that I didn't think the needed to go to a "finishing school" because of who they had as a grandmother.

This was during her gap year

Princess Eugenie Visits China

She didn´t attend anything official it says, a nice little holiday by the sound of it. As always they said that her father paid her fare, I suppose he paid the body guards´ fares as well, it didn´t say how many people travelled with them did it?
Yes, the two princesses have the Queen as their grandmother and she would be a wonderful example for them to follow and I really believe that they should spend more time with her on some of her official engagements, if they had time to go for a gap year with friends then they would have had some time to accompany their grandmother on her engagements to learn how a royal princess should act and I am sure this would have been far more useful for their future life than bars and romps in Phuket.

Really...you think the monarchy should be abolished because of Facebook pictures showing Eugenie making a piggy face and drinking?
I'm not saying Eugenie has behaved perfectly, but what about the article I just recently read about Harry inhaling laughing gas to get high? Harry is almost six years older than Eugenie and closer to the throne, so why do people not start calling for the monarchy to be abolished when he does something like that?
Maybe some do, but from what I have seen there is a bigger outcry whenever the York girls do something than when William or Harry get in trouble.
Read my post again. You missed the point.

Russo, I don't cut the boys any more slack than the girls. All four of them need to be read the riot act. I would like to see the BMonarchy continue forever, but I feel the the Ps' and Pss' feel they can do anything they want and never be chastised.

As I have said before, when the Royals become Common, why should they continue?

Russo, I don't cut the boys any more slack than the girls. All four of them need to be read the riot act. I would like to see the BMonarchy continue forever, but I feel the the Ps' and Pss' feel they can do anything they want and never be chastised.

As I have said before, when the Royals become Common, why should they continue?
I agree.
I was refering to Iluvbertie, aka Bertie and her posts and some of the posts where she seems to want to abolish the monarchy which rmay misinterpreted that I wanted to.

Read my post again. You missed the point.
Okay, I understand what you were saying. :flowers:
But you may have missed the point of my post as well. Do you think iluvbertie or anyone else would be justified in calling for an end to the monarchy after, for example, hearing about Harry inhaling laughing gas?

While in an ideal world, princesses wouldn't behave like Eugenie, I take her age very much into consideration when looking at things like the Facebook snapshots. People are going to do dumb things when they're young. As a teenager, Beatrice was photographed often enough coming out of nightclubs and she dated an inappropriate guy, but all we hear of her these days is that she's showed up to a charity function with her boyfriend or that she's trained for a marathon. I think Beatrice has matured and I'm hopeful that Eugenie will, too.

Let's give Eugenie some time to mature like Beatrice. The Facebook pictures are nothing compared to what some other young ladies her age or older are doing. For example: Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton- she could've chosen to run in the same path as those two.

Let's give Eugenie some time to mature like Beatrice. The Facebook pictures are nothing compared to what some other young ladies her age or older are doing. For example: Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton- she could've chosen to run in the same path as two.

I'm sure she would've been stripped of her title if she had gone that far.

Let's give Eugenie some time to mature like Beatrice. The Facebook pictures are nothing compared to what some other young ladies her age or older are doing. For example: Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton- she could've chosen to run in the same path as those two.

That´s the whole point, Princess Eugenie and her sister cannot be compared to these so called celebrities. The two mentioned are young women, I would never call them young ladies in the true sense of the word. The two princesses have a privileged life and should behave differently, or as I said live their in private and not put themselves in a position of having embarassing things said about them or embarassing photos in newspapers or facebook. Surely they learnt a lesson from seeing the outcome of their mother´s indiscretions.
Princess Beatrice she seems to have understood this lately, and her boyfriend, perhaps, is having a good influence on her.

Eugenie has always been considered the wilder of the two though, so it's not as much Beatrice calming down as it is Eugenie still having a certain amount of fire in her belly.

They both have time to do that. And there should be no comparison between entertainment people and Princesses. C'mon!

Okay, I understand what you were saying. :flowers:
But you may have missed the point of my post as well. Do you think iluvbertie or anyone else would be justified in calling for an end to the monarchy after, for example, hearing about Harry inhaling laughing gas?

While in an ideal world, princesses wouldn't behave like Eugenie, I take her age very much into consideration when looking at things like the Facebook snapshots. People are going to do dumb things when they're young. As a teenager, Beatrice was photographed often enough coming out of nightclubs and she dated an inappropriate guy, but all we hear of her these days is that she's showed up to a charity function with her boyfriend or that she's trained for a marathon. I think Beatrice has matured and I'm hopeful that Eugenie will, too.
I see Beatrice as maturing and Eugenie has not. However, they are NOT like normal people and ought to behave thusly. And that goes for the other young Windsors.

This was during her gap year

Princess Eugenie Visits China

She didn´t attend anything official it says, a nice little holiday by the sound of it. As always they said that her father paid her fare, I suppose he paid the body guards´ fares as well, it didn´t say how many people travelled with them did it?
Yes, the two princesses have the Queen as their grandmother and she would be a wonderful example for them to follow and I really believe that they should spend more time with her on some of her official engagements, if they had time to go for a gap year with friends then they would have had some time to accompany their grandmother on her engagements to learn how a royal princess should act and I am sure this would have been far more useful for their future life than bars and romps in Phuket.

She attended official events with her father in the evening.
Princess Eugenie and Prince Andrew visit Sichuan, China - Princess Eugenie - Zimbio

Well someone must have paid for William and Harry to go on their foreign tours so I see nothing wrong with Andrew paying for Eugenie's expenses when she's working with him. Or do you mean on the gap year?

Well didn't their mother take them to Phuket for New Year with Kate Moss?

Yes, but Beatrice is a good two years older than Eugenie.

I will say the same thing now that I said then....are we really writing off 20 year old's? Are we saying that because she is acting goofy and inappropriate...she has nothing to contribute to society?

Its called maturity...we all get it at some point. Hopefully this latest gaffe will remind Eugenie that she is not a normal 20 year old and she will pick her friends with more care. And if she chooses to act silly, makes sure that its not in the Daily Mail.

Yes, but Beatrice is a good two years older than Eugenie.

I will say the same thing now that I said then....are we really writing off 20 year old's? Are we saying that because she is acting goofy and inappropriate...she has nothing to contribute to society?

Its called maturity...we all get it at some point. Hopefully this latest gaffe will remind Eugenie that she is not a normal 20 year old and she will pick her friends with more care. And if she chooses to act silly, makes sure that its not in the Daily Mail. [/QUOTE]
BINGO!
Everybody needs to let off steam just not in public when one is what? 6th in line to the throne.

Last edited:
But she didn't act silly in public....she acted silly with a group of friends in what would assumed to be a private home. For all we know this could be her dorm room. One of her friends decided to post their pictures on Facebook....which is done by TONS of teenagers and people in their early 20's.

Frankly we are spiltting hairs. Its not like she was was drinking in a club, dancing on a table, and falling out of a cab. She was taking pictures....quiet as kept...I too have done the pig picture with my girlfriends when I was in my 20's.

Of course, facebook wasn't around and I wasn't the Queen's granddaughter....but are we really making a mountain out of a molehill. Or are people letting their prejudicies for Fergie and/or Andrew make this a bigger issue? I mean, PICTURES of the girl making a pig nose?! She wasn't caught via pictures doing drugs or anything else inappropriate.....she was acting silly.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm splitting hairs, however, I would think that were the monarchy to survive, that Princesses and Princes would act like Princesses and Princes and set a good example. God knows our manners and mannerisms in public have all fallen into the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom