Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is up with those two.

Bet you the story is that Eugenie and Jack have been visiting the Queen at Balmoral, and so its being spun as them going to ask the Queen for permission to marry. Obviously overlooking the fact when the Express tried to claim its last exclusive that they were going to marry within the year Eugenie was with the Queen so surely they wouldn't now go and ask permission and not just do it back then if they were planning to marry? The Express is becoming like a dog with a bone over this

Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-

Also ignoring the fact that Eugenie doesn't have to ask the Queen for permission anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She don't have to ask The Queen for permission, but that don't change the fact that she would want to talk about it with her family folks.

When the family announces it I'll believe it!

LaRae

If that's the plan, then I would make sure my family is part of it.

Given her grandfather's known antipathy to her mother she may be there to tell them that she has already married and so there won't be any awkwardness at a wedding of Philip and Sarah being seen as being relatively close to each other.

I can see Eugenie doing that - not Beatrice so much - but Eugenie doesn't seem to enjoy the 'royal' stuff all that much - does it when required but really prefers to live away from the limelight.

The details...

THE NERVOUSNESS of nearly newlyweds is etched on the faces of Princess Eugenie and her boyfriend Jack Brooksbank as they land in Scotland seeking the Queen’s blessing for their forthcoming engagement.

Smiling cautiously and dressed smartly, the lovestruck couple landed last week to spend the weekend with Her Majesty at Balmoral Castle.

As our world exclusive pictures show, the Duke and Duchess of York’s 26-year-old daughter is introducing the nightclub manager to her beloved “Granny” in the relaxed atmosphere of the 90-year-old monarch’s Highlands retreat, where Prince Harry is hosting a shooting party to celebrate his 32nd birthday.

To add to the excitement of the occasion, Theresa May is also among the guests as the Prime Minister makes her first visit to the Queen’s holiday home in Royal Deeside this weekend. Last month, the Sunday Express revealed that Eugenie and Jack plan to get engaged within months and marry next year before moving into Ivy Cottage at Kensington Palace.
Read more: May we marry Ma'am: The Queen welcomes Eugenie's boyfriend Jack Brooksbank | Royal | News | Daily Express

Bet you the story is that Eugenie and Jack have been visiting the Queen at Balmoral, and so its being spun as them going to ask the Queen for permission to marry. Obviously overlooking the fact when the Express tried to claim its last exclusive that they were going to marry within the year Eugenie was with the Queen so surely they wouldn't now go and ask permission and not just do it back then if they were planning to marry? The Express is becoming like a dog with a bone over this

As others have said, Eugenie is now only 8th in line to the throne and, under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, only the first six persons in the line of succession require the Queen's consent declared in the Privy Council and signified under the Great Seal of the United Kingdom to get married without losing their succession rights.

Nothing prevents Eugenie though from asking the Queen's consent as a grandmother on a personal capacity. Note that the "consent in council" referred above is actually the government's consent more so than the Queen's, as the "Queen in council" is bound by ministerial advice.

Last edited:
All delicious rumors aside, what are the chances that Eugenie and Jack were at Balmoral to help celebrate Harry's 32nd birthday weekend? :whistling:

:previous: Very likely, I should say, as well as catching up with Eugenie's beloved grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and whoever else is visiting. It must be wonderful to have so much accommodation available for the extended family.

As others have said, Eugenie is now only 8th in line to the throne and, under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, only the first six persons in the line of succession require the Queen's consent declared in the Privy Council and signified under the Great Seal of the United Kingdom to get married without losing their succession rights.

Nothing prevents Eugenie though from asking the Queen's consent as a grandmother on a personal capacity. Note that the "consent in council" referred above is actually the government's consent really more so than the Queen's, as the "Queen in council" is bound by ministerial advice.

She would never announce a marriage without speaking to her grandmother, secondly would he be a guest at Balmoral unless the marriage is on the cards. Although he might be a guest at the other estate owned by Charles and not actually going to Balmoral.

I think they've relaxed on having friends and romantic partners come and stay at the Balmoral estate these days. Its only strictly family for Christmas.

BTW: Charles does not own any property on the estate. He has use of Birkhall, the Queen Mother's former residence but it all still belongs to the Queen as her personal property. Charles will inherit it when he becomes King.

I think its much more likely they are there for Harry's birthday. Jack may not even see the Queen if they are staying elsewhere on the Estate, say at Birkhall. Eugenie may go over and see granny but Jack may not go with her. I can't imagine Harry and his guests all being put up in the Castle if the Prime Minister is also there. IMO more likely Harry and his party is going on elsewhere but he and Eugenie can visit the Castle to see the Queen and Philip and any other family there.

I think they've relaxed on having friends and romantic partners come and stay at the Balmoral estate these days. Its only strictly family for Christmas.

BTW: Charles does not own any property on the estate. He has use of Birkhall, the Queen Mother's former residence but it all still belongs to the Queen as her personal property. Charles will inherit it when he becomes King.

I stand corrected but the point I was making is that although they are going to Balmoral they are possibly not staying with the Queen, which does make a difference.

I also disagree with being more relaxed with regards partners etc, yes they do invite partners/ boyfriends / girlfriends to the various estates for weekends etc but they only stay with the queen when the relationship is on a more formal footing.

You guys do know that Eugeine's boyfriend has been around the Queen and family for a while now. He's been to Royal Ascot and in the Royal box as well. Just recently he attended the Flower Show with the family.

I think a relationship with the Queen develops once one is married into the family. She has always allowed the family to do their own thing and find their own way. Although, it appears that it's required for couples to date for a nice period of time before marrying. That has happened.

Last edited:
Having a beau stay at Balmoral is not meaningless. But it does not mean that this was the weekend where these two crazy kids asked for Grandmother's advise. I'm happy for them, whatever the hidden secrets be. :wub:

It may end up being true, but the tabs are pushing this. As pointed out, the trip coincided with a hunting party for Harry's birthday. There is no reason to think they were there gif any other reason. Jack was not the only guest at balmoral for the party. Ever since Sarah was said to be meeting with the queen they have been pushing this engagement:ermm:

Nor do I ever think she would marry, as iluvbertie suggested, without telling her grandparents beforehand. Nor having them there. Even if she doesn't like royal duties as you suggest, she could have a private wedding like Zara. She is obviously very close to her grandparents, and I don't see her not inviting them. And Philip and Sarah are adults enough to be civil and not ruin the day for Eugenie wh they both love.

What an important engagement for Euegine today. She and her sister is on a roll with duties and roles for 2016.

Not surprising, last month Beatrice and Eugenie were hit hard with headlines that they were descended from slave owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-jane-austen-modern-rroyalty-eugenie-beatrice

Most royals are proud that they can trace their lineage back centuries. But princesses Beatrice and Eugenie may be reluctant to delve too far into their past. New analysis reveals that Prince Andrew’s daughters are the direct descendants of a major slave-owning family.

The link comes through their maternal grandmother, Susan Barrantes, née Wright, Sarah Ferguson’s mother, who is descended from Sir Henry Fitzherbert, a fabulously wealthy aristocrat who in the 18th century owned sugar plantations and more than 1,000 slaves in Jamaica and Barbados.

This is PR 101, take bad press and try to change the narrative.

Not surprising, last month Beatrice and Eugenie were hit hard with headlines that they were descended from slave owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-jane-austen-modern-rroyalty-eugenie-beatrice

Most royals are proud that they can trace their lineage back centuries. But princesses Beatrice and Eugenie may be reluctant to delve too far into their past. New analysis reveals that Prince Andrew’s daughters are the direct descendants of a major slave-owning family.

The link comes through their maternal grandmother, Susan Barrantes, née Wright, Sarah Ferguson’s mother, who is descended from Sir Henry Fitzherbert, a fabulously wealthy aristocrat who in the 18th century owned sugar plantations and more than 1,000 slaves in Jamaica and Barbados.

This is PR 101, take bad press and try to change the narrative.

Frankly this is an unnecessary comment. Many families have "skeletons" in their cupboard.

However, sensible people do not visit the sins of g,g,g,g,grandparents on the descendents.

Frankly this is an unnecessary comment. Many families have "skeletons" in their cupboard.

However, sensible people do not visit the sins of g,g,g,g,grandparents on the descendents.

Unnecessary? :rolleyes: Okay...

I did not blame them for Fitzherbert's behavior. I don't blame them for their parents behavior, either.

I'm just saying this is standard PR. They were likely embarrassed by all the headlines last month and this is their non-verbal way of commenting on that story.

Clearly, you believe the slavery headlines quickly countered by the abolitionist headlines was just a really bizarre coincidence. I disagree.

Unnecessary? :rolleyes: Okay...

I did not blame them for Fitzherbert's behavior. I don't blame them for their parents behavior, either.

I'm just saying this is standard PR. They were likely embarrassed by all the headlines last month and this is their non-verbal way of commenting on that story.

Clearly, you believe the slavery headlines quickly countered by the abolitionist headlines was just a really bizarre coincidence. I disagree.

I certainly dont believe that the BRF knee jerk react to a scumbag publication like the Daily Mail. I'd even be surprised if they read it.

if they did that, they would never get on with anything. They are chockful of ancesters that did bad stuff. They live and respond to events today.

I certainly dont believe that the BRF knee jerk react to a scumbag publication like the Daily Mail. I'd even be surprised if they read it.

if they did that, they would never get on with anything. They are chockful of ancesters that did bad stuff. They live and respond to events today.

I agree that the Daily Mail is a scumbag publication. I don't click on it. That's why I provided the slavery excerpt from a Guardian article. If you are conservative-leaning person, Cepe, you might dislike the Guardian, but they are a legitimate newspaper.

Also, the royals respond all the time to things their ancestors did, both good and bad. So I disagree with you there. And if they only live and respond to the events of today, why would Eugenie be celebrating Mr. Wilberforce who died in 1833?

Every famous person engages in PR. It's not a good or bad thing. It is what it is. But it appears to be a sensitive topic for you and I'm sorry I made you feel uneasy.

Eugenie and Beatrice really can never win. They are either the party girls who do nothing :bang: or they are simply showing up for Pr. Beatrice is only in Nepal for press and now Eugenie is only doing this event because she is ashamed of her ancestors :ermm:

Does it occur to people that attendance at such events are planned months in advance? Before the article came out? That perhaps Eugenie is simply interested in bring involved in such an important event?

Eugenie and her sister have both really stepped up their charity work. Eugenie has done a wonderful job balancing her full time job, her patronages, supporting her grandmother and her personal life. I have no doubt she will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom