The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think they are New York paparazzi. Most of the pictures tend to end up in UK papers like the DM; I haven't seen any in the NYC papers.
I haven't seen any in DM newspapers and only 2 or 3 articles online and then was when Andrew and Sarah were over. The UK press wouldn't fly over to photograph Eugenie on her day to day outings, waste of money.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Commoner

New York paparazzi take the photos and then sell them to UK media outlets because most people in the US don't even know who she is.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Nobility

I wonder when the novelty of photos of her, walking down the street while talking on a phone and carrying bag/s, will wear off?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rose View Post
I wonder when the novelty of photos of her, walking down the street while talking on a phone and carrying bag/s, will wear off?
as soon as publications stop buying them

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I went and looked at US coverage of Eugenie in the Big Apple.

The NY Post is non-plussed - no coverage in weeks.

The NY Daily News seems to have a paragraph every week on the Princess. See the CONFIDENTIAL section this for the latest:
Russian oligarch to pay Bruno Mars over $1 million to sing at daughter's bat mitzvah in New York * - NY Daily News
It is the last of the tidbits for the day.

The Huffington Post (actually a re-posting site) seems to carry the most coverage and even it has tapered off. It often borrows from UK tabloids.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
as soon as publications stop buying them

Which will only happen when the British and world public stop clicking on the stories about her online - that is the indication that there is interest these days and that is why they will continue to buy them - because the public are wanting to see them.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I went and looked at US coverage of Eugenie in the Big Apple.

The NY Post is non-plussed - no coverage in weeks.

The NY Daily News seems to have a paragraph every week on the Princess. See the CONFIDENTIAL section this for the latest:
Russian oligarch to pay Bruno Mars over $1 million to sing at daughter's bat mitzvah in New York * - NY Daily News
It is the last of the tidbits for the day.

The Huffington Post (actually a re-posting site) seems to carry the most coverage and even it has tapered off. It often borrows from UK tabloids.
Interesting little blurb, wonder if the bit about a royal protection officer being flown in to watch her at the auction is true. I doubt that it is.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Hailing cabs, grabbing lunch on the go and working in Little Italy in NYC. I hope she's taking advantage of all the wonderful Italian restaurants there and eaten cannoli and other Italian pastry. Eugenie must be having the time of her life and it shows. New York is a wonderful, vibrant city and she's lucky to be experiencing it.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, Eugenie and I are very much together: Mahiki boss Jack Brooksbank talks for first time about couple's romance | Mail Online

The article seems to think an engagement is imminent, but it probably won't happen until she returns to London.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmm, guess she is back in London!
Pictures of her at a charity auction in London. (Tatler)
Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
back for Christmas

Old 12-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Reasons why she might be back in London at the moment:

1. Christmas with her family
2. To attend a charity event - something royals do a lot
3. As she works for an 'auction house' maybe to see how an auction runs as part of her job - now I know many people will say she should know this but I am simply saying that her attendance could be work related
4. To do some preview work on the London office of the company she is working for as it has been reported for some time that that is the intention
5. Any or all of the above as a combination

6. Any other suggestions????
Old 12-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

back this week for christmas now cos its a whole lot cheaper than travelling next week.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

To see her boyfriend?

I'm guessing largely Christmas-related with possibly a dash of business.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's the answer to the questions above: she's currently in New York and not in Britain for her Christmas holidays yet:

Yesterday, December 14, Eugenie attended the Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **
Old 12-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

The charity auction was on Dec. 10, so I guess she returned to NYC almost immediately. Wonder if that means she'll spend Christmas in NY, or fly to London again?

Antonia Packard's charity auction - Tatler
Old 12-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Majesty

Very cool to go to the game and hang out with the celebs. I hope she enjoyed the game.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The charity auction was on Dec. 10, so I guess she returned to NYC almost immediately. Wonder if that means she'll spend Christmas in NY, or fly to London again?

Antonia Packard's charity auction - Tatler
Unless the family flies to her, she will be home for Christmas. US jobs don't come with weeks off around the holiday - we are much stingier about time off. If anything, the social must attends that are a part of a job like hers only intensify. Even if business is slow, the schedule gets packed with endless planning sessions, review sessions, sessions about sessions...
Old 12-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Nobility

In the photos I saw, Eugenie didn't seem to be enjoying the basketball game. Can't say that I blame her, I'm not a fan either.
I do wonder if because the founders of her company are British they will have more generous holiday/vacation leave than what is typical for a new hire in the USA.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Unless the family flies to her, she will be home for Christmas. US jobs don't come with weeks off around the holiday - we are much stingier about time off. If anything, the social must attends that are a part of a job like hers only intensify. Even if business is slow, the schedule gets packed with endless planning sessions, review sessions, sessions about sessions...
Your post seems to contradict itself, you say she'll be home for christmas but then that the US don't get time off around the holidays and the schedule is packed?

Missing home? A sombre Princess Eugenie fidgets through a New York basketball game | Mail Online

Tags
princess eugenie