The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

Pretty dressy for a night club.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

I always thought that Eugenie was a very pretty girl, while most focus on Beatrice, I find her much prettier then her sister. IMHO

Old 09-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Courtier

In that long dress with the belt around the waist, Eugenie really reminds me of the Queen Mother.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Eugenie looks great!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that it's more a maxi-dress than a formal evening dress. The shoes are casual. But still, yes, we're used to seeing these girls in shorter skirts. Beautiful colour.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Daily Mail has some new facebook pics of Eugenie (not from her account
but of a friend from Marlborough College), the Queen may not be amused

** The Facebook Princess Eugenie shows her party snaps and declares: I'm single and available **
Old 09-25-2010, 03:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You beat me to it Iceflower

She's having fun.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Courtier

I wonder if she has ever heard of "dignified fun" it does exist. I donīt think it was nice of the so called "friend" to send it to DM but I think it is about time that someone explained to her what being a royal princess means. Her father has fought to keep her her title when it was suggested that minor royals lose the HRH, she might be happier as just a young girl untitled without bodyguards, who could be silly on facebook and not end up in the papers.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Could you please explain what "dignified fun" is without making it sound boring?

She's acting her age, let her have fun.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I wonder if she has ever heard of "dignified fun" it does exist. I donīt think it was nice of the so called "friend" to send it to DM but I think it is about time that someone explained to her what being a royal princess means. Her father has fought to keep her her title when it was suggested that minor royals lose the HRH, she might be happier as just a young girl untitled without bodyguards, who could be silly on facebook and not end up in the papers.

As it is on the publicly available page of the friend I don't think the friend sent it to the DM but rather that the DM went looking to further damage the royal family.

She isn't doing anything princesses in the past e.g. Margaret did, but technology being what it is means that she is more often shown at her worst - particularly by the DM whose whole agenda, at the moment seems to be to bring down the House of Windsor.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Nobility

DAILY MailICIOUS; EXCLUSIVE: Fergie's furious letter to a newspaper which accused her of having a public row with Prince Andrew.. and then refused to publish an apology requested by Princess Beatrice. - Free Online Library

This article might refresh our memories. I think Fergie made enemies with the DM years ago by writing to them complaining about an article they had written. Ever since then the DM have found it impossible to write anything positive about the York's. At the time I might have thought she was right not to let it go, but maybe it has backfired because now they seem to have made the girls targets.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Could you please explain what "dignified fun" is without making it sound boring?

She's acting her age, let her have fun.
I agree she is acting her age, she is not acting a HRH that is all.
Hasnīt facebook a way to make it only possible for close friends to accesss it?
As to fun, some people think it is fun to get drunk, others to run naked across the school grounds, others find it fun to go to the theatre with friends.
I can remember reading about Princess Margaretīs sin, didnīt she get on a table and dance the can can? Terrible wasnīt it? I wonder if she would have put a picture of it on Facebook if it had existed then.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:25 AM
Administrator

If Margaret did some of the stuff she is accused of doing in this day and age YOU BETCHA it would have been on facebook, and the Daily Mail.

Eugenie is acting like a young teenager and unfortunately, it seems as though someone she trusted as decided to make a buck and sell their access to her. Or as iluvbertie mentioned, the Daily Mail is intent on destroying the House of Windsor. Though honestly, I don't think its just the House of Windsor, the Daiy Mail seems to cater to their audience, who doesn't like anyone who has money.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Courtier

I am afraid I know nothing about Facebook but wouldnīt the Princess have to publish these photos herself? Can a "friend" sell access to the Princessīs
private account?
Actually from what I heard Princess Margaret was splashed all over the newspapers for dancing the CanCan, that would be the equivalent in those days of the Daily Mail, if the Daily Mail did exist in those days.
Why on Earth would the Daily Mail want to destroy the House of Windsor?
The Queen is never spoken of, or written about with anything less the respect she has earned over the years, at least I have never seen it.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Honestly a true friend of Eugenie's can have pictures such as these on their facebook account. The friends pictures would be for view for anyone who is a friend of the friend. Unless the pics are highlighted for privacy. In some aspects of Facebook (if I am correct) you can look at people's pictures without looking at their personal stats or being their friend. So it is possible.

I am not so sure if the Daily Mail/Mirror or any of the tabloids are so intent on destroying the House of Windsor inasmuch as they are catering to their audience. Based on what I have seen.....they love tearing people down. And let's face it...it more interesting to tear someone down who is on top (i.e. the rich) than the bottom (i.e. the poor).

I will admit that the pictures leave a bit to be desired but is Eugenie is goofing around. Something we all do and I am sure she would have never thought these goofy and harmless pictures would see the day of light. I mean some of these comments are just plain nasty, we have the usual York bashing, the cost of the security, the fact that she isn't working, the school, etc. All because she is goofing around with friends. That's a bit much if you ask me.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I am afraid I know nothing about Facebook but wouldnīt the Princess have to publish these photos herself? Can a "friend" sell access to the Princessīs
private account?
Actually from what I heard Princess Margaret was splashed all over the newspapers for dancing the CanCan, that would be the equivalent in those days of the Daily Mail, if the Daily Mail did exist in those days.
Why on Earth would the Daily Mail want to destroy the House of Windsor?
The Queen is never spoken of, or written about with anything less the respect she has earned over the years, at least I have never seen it.

Facebook has two sections - those you keep private to share with selected friends and those that are made public to anyone. These I think are on the friends public section so available to anyone who happens to come across this friend's page - by being a friend of a friend etc or simply at random.

There are a number of times that comments posted on Facebook are reported in the press, such as Chelsy saying that she was single (when she and Harry broke up a couple of years ago).

My school is always reminding staff and kids to be very careful what is put on the public part of their Facebook page.

As for the DM - it has been around for yonks but has also changed hands. It was, of course, one of Diana's favourites to feed information to and thus, having lost that cash cow, the DM is maintaining its pro-Diana stance in many ways be berating all other royals, except the Queen. She is the only one given a pass. I can't remember the last positive story the DM ran about any of the royals except the Queen - I am not referring to factual stuff such as so-and-so was at this commemoration but the more personal stories - they are always negative and the Yorks never get good press.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

I will admit that the pictures leave a bit to be desired but is Eugenie is goofing around. Something we all do and I am sure she would have never thought these goofy and harmless pictures would see the day of light. I mean some of these comments are just plain nasty, we have the usual York bashing, the cost of the security, the fact that she isn't working, the school, etc. All because she is goofing around with friends. That's a bit much if you ask me.
I agree. I'm sure even of the most elegant & regal person we could imagine such pictures are existing - as of course they all play more or less roles when on official duty or whatever and in their private circles, and especially when partying, they do rubbish like everyone else too. It's just unfortunate that these pictures made it into a newspaper, IMO.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

Let her have fun. I just wonder if it was wise to have this pics taken for public viewing.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Let her have fun. I just wonder if it was wise to have this pics taken for public viewing.
I don't think this Eugenie's doing. It could be the newspapers searching Facebook and/or the actual facebook user.

Either way, its another lesson for Eugenie: Be careful of your friends...I would imagine they (royals and/or celebrities) don't make friends easily. Anyone can sell you out like that!

Old 09-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

This isn't my idea of fun either. In fact, never was, not even when I was 20. However, I do find it extremely sad when people in England and elsewhere think of the York Princesses and their deeds as a great opportunity to attack Sarah. This isn't mature IMO, nor is it serious anymore.

Tags
princess eugenie