The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Courtier

I'm sure Eugenie will get lot's of invitations too. Bet she and her boyfriend will be doing a lot of flying back and forth. It's good training for her for the London job and she will connections.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Eugenie was pictured in Soho, NYC, yesterday, October 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** hellomagazine: Princess Eugenie looks every inch the New Yorker as she settles in to life stateside **

Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
. Princess Eugenie was pictured in Soho, NYC, yesterday, October 8: ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ** hellomagazine: Princess Eugenie looks every inch the New Yorker as she settles in to life stateside **
Wonder if the gentleman pictured with her is a security or bodyguard.

In NYC, we have quite a few royals who live here from around the world and aristocrats. But none really have security because it isn't needed. But HRH Princess Eugenie...she is HM Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter. No doubt there are many folks in the US and NYC who knows who she is. The USA has a huge interest in the British monarchy and a special relationship with the UK. Can't imagine she is wandering the streets of NYC without some type of protection.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think Eugenie will be vey recognizable in NYC; when she and Fergie were in Little Italy earlier in the week, they went unnoticed. And nobody knew Beatrice the last time she visited.

I think most New Yorkers would know the Queen, Phillip, Charles, William, Harry and possibly Kate. But I really doubt the man on the street would recognize any others.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
Wonder if the gentleman pictured with her is a security or bodyguard.

In NYC, we have quite a few royals who live here from around the world and aristocrats. But none really have security because it isn't needed. But HRH Princess Eugenie...she is HM Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter. No doubt there are many folks in the US and NYC who knows who she is. The USA has a huge interest in the British monarchy and a special relationship with the UK. Can't imagine she is wandering the streets of NYC without some type of protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think Eugenie will be vey recognizable in NYC; when she and Fergie were in Little Italy earlier in the week, they went unnoticed. And nobody knew Beatrice the last time she visited.

I think most New Yorkers would know the Queen, Phillip, Charles, William, Harry and possibly Kate. But I really doubt the man on the street would recognize any others.
As a native New Yorker I can tell you that she won't be recognized. The average New York, let alone American, isn't going to recognize Phillip or Charles or even the Queen. Why would they? We're going to have to agree to disagree cause I don't see any real interest in the monarchy outside of big events and their faces, while famous, will not stand out enough without additional help. William and Kate together? Yeah that'll get stares but just one of them walking alone? I doubt more than 2 out of every 10 people will even look at them twice in any major city in the States.

Plenty of celebs live in NY, I've seen a fair few, stopped none, it's that double take moment and then their gone. Might be the anonymity that a place like NY gives compared to L.A. where the Pap's are more likely to shove a camera down your throat. Yes we have paparazzi here but it seems less intrusive, our city doesn't revolve around the entertainment industry the way L.A. does so, in that respect at least, we have a mellower atmosphere towards famous people.

Edit:
The article isn't working for me. Had to find the cached version just to read it.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Majesty

In my opinion, it's not about who recognize who, I think it's very dangerous out there and I think everyone needs a bodyguard nowadays. It doesn't matter if you're a member of the British royal family or Joe from down the street.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
In my opinion, it's not about who recognize who, I think it's very dangerous out there and I think everyone needs a bodyguard nowadays. It doesn't matter if you're a member of the British royal family or Joe from down the street.
I agree, somewhat. I don't think it's about who recognizes you when you are the granddaughter of the Queen of the United Kingdom AND of the other Commonwealth realms. The mental state allow that could be caused to HM The Queen if something were to happen is cause for concern for all countries she serves as sovereign and Head of State.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
I agree, somewhat. I don't think it's about who recognizes you when you are the granddaughter of the Queen of the United Kingdom AND of the other Commonwealth realms. The mental state allow that could be caused to HM The Queen if something were to happen is cause for concern for all countries she serves as sovereign and Head of State.
Not to wade into politics, bit especially in The US, a country with little gun control laws and mass shootings nearly every other month these days.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think many americans are interested in andrews daughters...they could probably just walk down the street in ny and maybe a few heads would turn but, I don't think anyone would actually go up to them....I am a new yorker and by new york standards they aren't anything special...I haven't seen any news shows or entertainment programs report on either of them since the royal wedding or even report about Eugenies move.

My basic point is New Yorkers aren't impressed by much I think...especially in New York City.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
The article isn't working for me. Had to find the cached version just to read it.
I guess it has been removed, I couldn't refind it either.

Here are some pics from yesterday, October 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **
Old 10-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Gentry

Not to go off on a tangent about it but truth be told, she is being recognized. She's been photographed multiple times already and has been there a mere week. Somewhere out there cares about her--the paparazzi. And we've seen how dangerous they can be.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

The only place I've seen pictures used for is dailymail and hello magazine..both british publications. Dailymail probably as a pap in that area...so that guy will knows he'll at least be able to sell pictures to them. Considering DM reporters are stalking their social media..she might want to be on her best behavior..cause I am sure if she does anything wrong they'll pounce all over that.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interestingly, I have seen no coverage at all of her being here; in the NY papers or the TV news. This is why many celebrities and minor royals live here. They just go about their business. Unless it's someone like Katie Holmes who calls the paparazzi an hour before she leaves her apartment.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Good one, scooter! lol
Old 10-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Nobility

In case anyone missed the article, I managed to save it.

Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Princess Eugenie looks every inch the New Yorker as she settles in to life stateside
09 OCTOBER 2013 Princess Eugenie looks to have settled in to her new life stateside.

The 23-year-old royal, who has just moved to New York City to start her graduate-level job, looked every inch the groomed New Yorker as she was pictured walking the busy streets, phone in one hand and juice in the other.

Eugenie donned an elegant black mini dress with a gold buckled belt, and looked on trend with her brown leather satchel and matching black pumps.

The younger daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson arrived in New York earlier this month, and was spotted doing a bit of retail therapy with her mother.

Sarah and Eugenie headed to the exclusive Pamela Gonzales boutique in Soho, where the pair browsed the designer collection and the Duchess of York was pictured leaving with several bags.

The following day Eugenie caught up with her father over dinner at the stylish ABC Kitchen. Sarah, who still remains on good terms with her former husband, left the father-daughter duo to spend quality time together as she headed back to London.

While recent rumours have suggested that the Princess' divorced parents may be thinking about remarriage, Buckingham Palace insisted that the timing of their visit was a coincidence.

"Their schedules worked so they were both able to be there at the time that Eugenie was moving to New York," said a Palace representative.

"If the Duke was there at the same time it would have been because he wanted to be there when his daughter was moving away for a year."

Eugenie has just started her job working at fashionable auction house Paddle8, co-founded by Alexander Gilkes and Aditya Julka. The young royal will no doubt be in good hands as old Etonian Alexander is no stranger to her family.

When the established co-founder tied the knot with Misha Nonoo in Venice in August 2012, guests included Eugenie and her older sister Beatrice, and James Middleton. Alexander reportedly took Eugenie out for lunch to welcome her on her first week.

The recently-settled New Yorker is said to be renting an apartment in Soho. Eugenie has had to leave her boyfriend Jack Brooksbank, who works in the gastro-pub trade, behind, but it won't be long before the young couple will reunite.

Eugenie and Jack are reportedly planning to travel back and forth to see each other as much as possible.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder who will be paying for those back and forth jaunts? Just curious, not trying to be snarky.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I wonder who will be paying for those back and forth jaunts? Just curious.
I'll go with Eugenie and Jack or their respective work places.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Unless the trip has something to do with work I can't see their work places paying for trips so they can meet up. It will be up to them, Eugenie has money and I think he does too they can pay for it. Still long distance relationships are really hard so it will be a good test. Once the novelty wears off we probably won't be seeing much of Eugenie in NY.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Unless the trip has something to do with work I can't see their work places paying for trips so they can meet up. It will be up to them, Eugenie has money and I think he does too they can pay for it. Still long distance relationships are really hard so it will be a good test. Once the novelty wears off we probably won't be seeing much of Eugenie in NY.
Us young folks her age do things like this all the time--we move away from home but travel back often for family and relationships. In our mind, it's an obviously worthwhile cost. Can't put a price on following your dreams and travel. Plus, travel isn't that expensive--especially if it's just your single self and not an entire family with children.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:35 PM

Truth is that there are cities in the US where royalty could walk around unnoticed and really left on there own. NYC is one of them.

I live in New Orleans and here celebrities are left alone completely. I've even seen ordinary people confront photographers who are snapping pictures of the famous.

Tags
princess eugenie