Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't it last? Eugenie has had one job since leaving uni for nearly two years and has left that job to take up this one - as is fairly normal for young people. She has been promoted it seems in this new company.

Beatrice is the one who struggles to stick to a job for more than about 9 months and hasn't had a job since January this year.

That's great that she left New York. It probably cost her a ridiculous amount of money to stay the length of time she did. I seriously doubt she had much money left out of her salary to do much with after having to pay bills and buy groceries in New York.

She's going to do a lot better in London. I am glad she was able to enjoy her stay and make use of it on her resume. It really put New York in the limelight as a place that has faced it's share of hardships but pulled through to be what it is today. Such a safe place an English Royal can walk down the street without problems. I never thought I'd see the day, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree i hope it last.
I hope it does too. It's such a great position with the museum it really is a great spot for a Royal. Working with museum quality stuff, in her own country, gives her a chance to be a part of history taking care of it, preserving it for the people. Isn't that what she is going to be doing? Sounds nice anyway, don't burst my bubble, lol.

I hope it does too. It's such a great position with the museum it really is a great spot for a Royal. Working with museum quality stuff, in her own country, gives her a chance to be a part of history taking care of it, preserving it for the people. Isn't that what she is going to be doing? Sounds nice anyway, don't burst my bubble, lol.

This company has shows of modern and contemporary art mainly with the view to sell it.

I have been quite impressed with Eugenie since she graduated University. The time spent as an independent career woman in New York was well spent, IMO. It gave her independence and a chance to make her own way in a city that probably cared very little about her royal status. The circles she traveled in were aware of her origins, I'm sure, but I doubt that she was defined by who she was. I bet she'll look back on the New York phase of her life with fondness. I'm also impressed that she stuck with the New York job until she had her next and better paying job lined up, unlike her sister.
Regarding her salary she has income from a trust at this point and her father subsidizes her, she lived in a very upscale area of New York and her salary would not have supported her lifestyle.
IMO the USA is not any more or less in turmoil than most of Western Europe, and New York is not any more dangerous than London - both are huge cities w/ both safer and less safe areas.

I would imagine if there is anywhere in the world that Eugenie would feel at home in, NYC would be it as it holds a lot of similarities to London. Both are the hubs of so many different things and there's so many different places to go and see.

For anyone with the money and time and inclination and money NYC is veritable paradise.

That's great that she left New York. It probably cost her a ridiculous amount of money to stay the length of time she did. I seriously doubt she had much money left out of her salary to do much with after having to pay bills and buy groceries in New York.

She's going to do a lot better in London. I am glad she was able to enjoy her stay and make use of it on her resume. It really put New York in the limelight as a place that has faced it's share of hardships but pulled through to be what it is today. Such a safe place an English Royal can walk down the street without problems. I never thought I'd see the day, lol.

Lastly, Beatrice is hardly the first princess to live in New York lately (not to mention all the other well-known people who live there). I don't think that Eugenie living there really puts New York in the limelight at all, and I don't think it's surprising in the least that royals or others move there to work. It's a safe city and obviously has lots of opportunities in terms of work, education, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
A number of off-topic comments and responses to them have been removed.

Princess Eugenie took a break from her new role at a London art gallery today as she joined racegoers for Glorious Goodwood ladies' day.

The 25-year-old royal was accompanied by her long-term partner Jack Brooksbank for what turned out to be an unexpectedly windy third day of the famous event.

The young princess opted for less flamboyant wardrobe choice to some of her fellow racegoers, with a above-the-knee white dress and complimentary Nerida Fraiman asymmetric hat complete with a stone-coloured jacket.
Read more: Princess Eugenie attends Glorious Goodwood ladies' day with boyfriend Jack Brooksbank | Daily Mail Online

I like her dress, but not with that jacket.

Why does Eugenie have what looks to be chain links on her hat? Really don't care for her outfit- though compared to what the other people are wearing...;) Bet Granny's watching at home...;)
I looks to me like the hat has a large-web netting on it. The white dress was pretty, but not spectacular, and I would guess the coat was necessary due to the weather and she jazzed it up a little by how she belted it.

I like the colours but the jacket doesn't fit properly and that belt is awful very untidy looking. The white dress is nice but I don't like the hat where it is placed just looks weird to me. But this isn't the worst outfit she has worn.

Now that Eugenie has returned to London, where is she living?

I know she once shared the flat in St. James Palace with her sister; did she move back there or does she have another place?

Oh my, Cara Delevigne certainly looks more drank than "ready to go to bed", as the article says. Sorry if I sould redundant, but has Eugenie found a work, or is she officially unemployed?

Oh my, Cara Delevigne certainly looks more drank than "ready to go to bed", as the article says. Sorry if I sould redundant, but has Eugenie found a work, or is she officially unemployed?
Yes, Cara is fortunate that she has friends to prop her up as she leaves whatever venue she's been imbibing at :whistling:
Reports are that Eugenie left the New York Paddle 8 job to work as an associate Director for an art gallery in London - see the reference to the Gallery's name at the end of this article.
Princess Eugenie and Cara Delevingne Friends in London : People.com

Cara D. has made her name on the basis of her eyebrows. I just don't get the attraction, usually looking sullen and unkempt.

I don't get the Cara D thing either much ado about nothing really.

*chortle* Half of the time she's worked there, she's been away on holiday?! She's lucky she still has the job.

I must say that outfit she wore to the Harpers Bazaar do is very smart. A very attractive dress that suits her, and perfect accessories. She looks quite smashing!

I don’t know... Where I work, when you start just before summer, they take already planned and payed for holidays into account. That holiday could have been planned months ago before she even got her new job.

Someone has let this out for a reason. We know they take a fair bit of time off we don't usually get a tally and told they have been told no more till Christmas. Wonder how Beatrice is doing? Not much about her new job in New York.

I think its pretty bad if you start working somewhere then send half your time on holiday however... these holidays may have been booked before she started working for the new firm who then felt they had to let her have them.

Equally I wonder how much of this is just guess work on the part of the journalist he says "But since starting the job, by my reckoning Eugenie has been absent for an astonishing 50 per cent of the time." That doesn't necessarily sound like someone has come out and told him she's been away but more like, as with Beatrice, the Daily Mail are keeping tabs on her to create a story about either how much harder she works than her sister or, as we now see, that she too might not being seen to pull her weight.

Anyway I've always thought Eugenie worked a bit harder than Beatrice so hopefully its just been a busy summer...

Their story might be semi-accurate. About eight weeks ago, they reported that shortly after starting her job she took off for a 3-week European holiday. Here's the link and the blurb.

Chelsy Davy shows what Prince Harry's missing, SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE writes | Daily Mail Online

Princess Eugenie seems determined to keep up with her workshy older sister, Beatrice, who is on her 17th holiday in the space of a year.
Though Eugenie started a new job at a London art gallery only last month, she is already off on her own lengthy hols.
The 25-year-old, left, is said to be off on a European break that will last more than three weeks. She was reported to have been headhunted for the job while she was in New York at online auction company Paddle8.
Perhaps they wanted her to be a roving ambassador?

Then about a month ago, they got a firsthand account of Eugenie and Andrew en route to Balmoral. Here's the link and the blurb.

The village affair is over for Sophie Ward by SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE | Daily Mail Online

Never stand in the way of Prince Andrew and his daughters when they’re en route to their latest holiday.
Air Miles Andy and Princess Eugenie, 25, caught a scheduled flight from London to Aberdeen on Tuesday, but their presence left fellow passengers fuming after they were forced to move seats.
‘I was bumped out,’ complains one passenger on the flight. ‘I was told my seat had been moved and then I saw that Eugenie and Andrew were given places at the front of the plane.’ The pair are thought to have been on their way to Balmoral for a grouse shooting holiday at the Queen’s Scottish retreat. Yesterday was the Glorious Twelfth, the start of the red grouse-shooting season.

And then we know that recently Eugenie spent a week in New York with her mother and Beatrice. It's why she missed Harry's birthday party.

Last edited:
I think the story is accurate or by now Andrew's staff would have probably pointed out the error. However I don't think, as some suggested, that the information was leaked on purpose by people at Eugenie's new job. I think the DM are keeping tabs on the York girls and their holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom