The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Fashion catastrophy - maybe not in this case. I can't believe I'm defending Eugenie but she was dressing like a 20-something do. Of course the could be a better fit between the fabric of the dress and the one of the coat. I'm not sure about a soft layered dress and a leather coat (real or manmade). But there is no catastrophy: no unwanted body parts were showing whether because of the wind blowing or outfit too tight, no unpleasant colors, no trying-to-be-funny-but-really-stupid hat design,... I could not ask for anything else. She looked like a lovely 20-something going out with her boyfriend.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ Princess_BellyFlop you said it all

Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Nobility

I think a feminine dress paired with a leather jacket is a look that can work, but that particular jacket was not a good choice.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Nobility

Princess Eugenie gives Duchess of Cambridge a run for her money in the style stakes as she makes solo appearance at Paralympics | Mail Online

Nice to see her out and about.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

RICHARD KAY: Eugenie goes into auction as she spends time at Christie's | Mail Online

Eugenie is currently working at Christie's; that seems like a wonderful job for her.

She looks horrible in that sequinned dress, though. I don't think she's ever looked worse!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for Eugenie for working at Christie's.

The dress she is wearing looks terrible on her! It looks cheap and gaudy.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is that a triangle shaped cutout in front of the armhole?
This would be Eugenie's second stint at Christies: Princess Eugenie arrives for her first day as a working woman... accompanied by her bodyguard | Mail Online
Old 10-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Good for Eugenie for working at Christie's.

The dress she is wearing looks terrible on her! It looks cheap and gaudy.
I find it strange that they used that picture. It's years old.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

For goodness sake!

To all intents and purposes, Eugenie is a private citizen. No role in the BRF; security paid for privately by her father; attending the world of work and trying to get on with her life. The title was her father's idea and if he still wants it, his daughters will go with it (what daughter wouldn't)

And what does she get??? Crap from the media! and the rotweilers who write to the DM.

Do I sound mad?? Too right! .................................

Its ok - glass of red in hand - soothing influence - but really!

PS: any BRF member will always get this crap - so even if W&C did give it all up, or Harry, the media would still be after them.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
The article is years old! The date is June 2010.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

The article that is being referred to is October 9, 2012. Refer to Mirabel's post, #445, above. The sequined dress is definitely not an old dress! Rather it is a horrid new one.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The title was her father's idea and if he still wants it, his daughters will go with it (what daughter wouldn't)
The title was George V's and the Queen's idea. George V said that male line grandchildren are HRH and prince or princess. The Queen made their father the Duke of York.

No one seems to mind that Princess Alexandra is a princess. They are princesses for the same reason. Times had changed greatly by the time that Edward and Sophie had a family. Andrew didn't seek a title for his kids, Edward asked for his children to be known by lesser titles.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286

The article is years old! The date is June 2010.
AdmirerUS posted the article to show that it is Eugenie's second time at Christie's and the article from 2010 proves that.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
The article that is being referred to is October 9, 2012. Refer to Mirabel's post, #445, above. The sequined dress is definitely not an old dress! Rather it is a horrid new one.
New article. Old picture. I just wondered why they'd go that far back. They could've easily pick a host of shots from the last couple years and they took that one.

Princess Eugenie Photos - Premiere Of Apparition's "The Young Victoria" - Arrivals - Zimbio

"Young Victoria" premiere.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I stand corrected! Good grief, they couldn't have chosen a worse pic than that one! My apologies to one and all.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
New article. Old picture. I just wondered why they'd go that far back. They could've easily pick a host of shots from the last couple years and they took that one.

Princess Eugenie Photos - Premiere Of Apparition's "The Young Victoria" - Arrivals - Zimbio

"Young Victoria" premiere.
I think it is incredibly mean spirited of the media to continually show the worst possible shots of Eugenie and Beatrice for that matter. It is like they are under continual attack always being shown in the worst possible clothes, pose or photos and, if that doesn't work, they dig for old snaps to re-issue in the guise of "today"!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't realize they used such an old picture; I thought it was current. It really shows Eugenie at her worst.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Eugenie and Ed Tang attended The Contemporary Art Party at Christie's King Street on October 10, 2012 in London, England.
Chantal, Princess of Hanover (former wife of Prince Ernst August of Hanover) was there as well.

- Eugenie with Ed Tang
- Chantal, Princess of Hanover

Gallery from Getty
Old 10-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Reunited: Kate and Wills' evening in Soho after solemn day for Duke at his former nanny's funeral and hectic day for Duchess | Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...9_634x1139.jpg

Princess Eugenie with William, Catherine and Pippa Middleton and their partners were at LouLou's in Mayfair last night.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

William and Kate have such sour expressions on their faces in those photos and they aren't making eye contact with the photographers. Is this a response to the 'Closer' thing? Seems rather petulant to me. The circumstances are very different. If they are going to go to clubs they have to expect to be photographed leaving them, and it's better if they look gracious about it. Yes, I know he was at a funeral, but that's no excuse. One thing about Beatrice and Eugenie: they tend to smile beautifully for the cameras who photograph them leaving these places. There needs to be consistency.

Tags
princess eugenie