Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are New York paparazzi. Most of the pictures tend to end up in UK papers like the DM; I haven't seen any in the NYC papers.

I haven't seen any in DM newspapers and only 2 or 3 articles online and then was when Andrew and Sarah were over. The UK press wouldn't fly over to photograph Eugenie on her day to day outings, waste of money.

New York paparazzi take the photos and then sell them to UK media outlets because most people in the US don't even know who she is.

I wonder when the novelty of photos of her, walking down the street while talking on a phone and carrying bag/s, will wear off? ;)

I wonder when the novelty of photos of her, walking down the street while talking on a phone and carrying bag/s, will wear off? ;)

as soon as publications stop buying them

I went and looked at US coverage of Eugenie in the Big Apple.

The NY Post is non-plussed - no coverage in weeks.

The NY Daily News seems to have a paragraph every week on the Princess. See the CONFIDENTIAL section this for the latest:
Russian oligarch to pay Bruno Mars over $1 million to sing at daughter's bat mitzvah in New York   - NY Daily News
It is the last of the tidbits for the day.

The Huffington Post (actually a re-posting site) seems to carry the most coverage and even it has tapered off. It often borrows from UK tabloids.

as soon as publications stop buying them

Which will only happen when the British and world public stop clicking on the stories about her online - that is the indication that there is interest these days and that is why they will continue to buy them - because the public are wanting to see them.

I went and looked at US coverage of Eugenie in the Big Apple.

The NY Post is non-plussed - no coverage in weeks.

The NY Daily News seems to have a paragraph every week on the Princess. See the CONFIDENTIAL section this for the latest:
Russian oligarch to pay Bruno Mars over $1 million to sing at daughter's bat mitzvah in New York * - NY Daily News
It is the last of the tidbits for the day.

The Huffington Post (actually a re-posting site) seems to carry the most coverage and even it has tapered off. It often borrows from UK tabloids.

Interesting little blurb, wonder if the bit about a royal protection officer being flown in to watch her at the auction is true. I doubt that it is.

Hailing cabs, grabbing lunch on the go and working in Little Italy in NYC. I hope she's taking advantage of all the wonderful Italian restaurants there and eaten cannoli and other Italian pastry. Eugenie must be having the time of her life and it shows. New York is a wonderful, vibrant city and she's lucky to be experiencing it.

Last edited:
Hmm, guess she is back in London!
Pictures of her at a charity auction in London. (Tatler)

Hmm, guess she is back in London!
Pictures of her at a charity auction in London. (Tatler)

Reasons why she might be back in London at the moment:

1. Christmas with her family
2. To attend a charity event - something royals do a lot
3. As she works for an 'auction house' maybe to see how an auction runs as part of her job - now I know many people will say she should know this but I am simply saying that her attendance could be work related
4. To do some preview work on the London office of the company she is working for as it has been reported for some time that that is the intention
5. Any or all of the above as a combination

6. Any other suggestions????

back this week for christmas now cos its a whole lot cheaper than travelling next week.

To see her boyfriend?

I'm guessing largely Christmas-related with possibly a dash of business.

Here's the answer to the questions above: she's currently in New York and not in Britain for her Christmas holidays yet:

Yesterday, December 14, Eugenie attended the Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **

Very cool to go to the game and hang out with the celebs. I hope she enjoyed the game.

The charity auction was on Dec. 10, so I guess she returned to NYC almost immediately. Wonder if that means she'll spend Christmas in NY, or fly to London again?

Antonia Packard's charity auction - Tatler
Unless the family flies to her, she will be home for Christmas. US jobs don't come with weeks off around the holiday - we are much stingier about time off. If anything, the social must attends that are a part of a job like hers only intensify. Even if business is slow, the schedule gets packed with endless planning sessions, review sessions, sessions about sessions...

In the photos I saw, Eugenie didn't seem to be enjoying the basketball game. Can't say that I blame her, I'm not a fan either.
I do wonder if because the founders of her company are British they will have more generous holiday/vacation leave than what is typical for a new hire in the USA.

Unless the family flies to her, she will be home for Christmas. US jobs don't come with weeks off around the holiday - we are much stingier about time off. If anything, the social must attends that are a part of a job like hers only intensify. Even if business is slow, the schedule gets packed with endless planning sessions, review sessions, sessions about sessions...

Your post seems to contradict itself, you say she'll be home for christmas but then that the US don't get time off around the holidays and the schedule is packed? :whistling:

Missing home? A sombre Princess Eugenie fidgets through a New York basketball game | Mail Online

Your post seems to contradict itself, you say she'll be home for christmas but then that the US don't get time off around the holidays and the schedule is packed? :whistling:

Missing home? A sombre Princess Eugenie fidgets through a New York basketball game | Mail Online

Not as much time - said to those who asked "is she home now?" No, she is not yet. The good news is that make it clearer it is a real job!
As to my inability to communicate, I'm not working on a laureate here, Lumutqueen. I can't even keep the typos at bay, much less make myself understood, sometimes. ;)

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 1h
Princess Eugenie hasn’t returned to work in New York yet, she was spotted in Duck Soup restaurant in Soho yesterday.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 1h
Princess Eugenie hasn’t returned to work in New York yet, she was spotted in Duck Soup restaurant in Soho yesterday.

Sheesh with bad weather both sides of the pond, I wouldn't travel either.

I agree. Airplanes are nowhere in my mind during this crazy weather.

Princess Eugenie has landed her first permanent job – at a trendy online auction house in America.
But the 23-year-old is not turning her back on Britain entirely – she will shuttle between New York and London, a move that has already earned her the nickname the NY-Lon Princess.
Eugenie will become a £25,000-a-year benefit auctions manager with Paddle8.

Read more: MOS Diary: Going once, going twice: A new job for Eugenie as the NY-Lon Princess | Mail Online
-------------------

Princess Eugenie has landed her first permanent job – at a trendy online auction house in America.
But the 23-year-old is not turning her back on Britain entirely – she will shuttle between New York and London, a move that has already earned her the nickname the NY-Lon Princess.
Eugenie will become a £25,000-a-year benefit auctions manager with Paddle8.

Read more: MOS Diary: Going once, going twice: A new job for Eugenie as the NY-Lon Princess | Mail Online
-------------------
A job until "at least, September" does not sound all that permanent to me. Stupid DM headlines. But, good for her if it is true.

From what I read initially, she was going to NY to "learn the ropes" before they set up a UK office which for transport reasons would be a lot better for Eugenie. That might be the "at least, September" bit.

My understanding has always been that the London office was planned for this coming September and that Eugenie was going to be in NY until then before returning to the UK to work out of the London office.

I don't know where I read that initially - but I think it was when she was first reported as thinking of taking this position, not necessarily when it was first reported that she was actually in NY.

This sounds like a filler story with a new slant.

My understanding has always been that the London office was planned for this coming September and that Eugenie was going to be in NY until then before returning to the UK to work out of the London office.

I don't know where I read that initially - but I think it was when she was first reported as thinking of taking this position, not necessarily when it was first reported that she was actually in NY.

This sounds like a filler story with a new slant.

I went and tried to find a reason for that sentence about the X rated Koons work. I think it was a vague reference to his Made in Heaven series which was astonishing stuff - self portraits with his wife.
In any case, I can't find any evidence that whatever Paddle8 auctioned was some of the raunchy Koons. It looked like fairly banal prints.
So there, DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom