Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 48m
The daughter of @TheDukeofYork, Princess Eugenie, will host her first royal reception this evening at St. James' Palace for @OneYoungWorld

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Spotted: Princess Eugenie enjoying the sun and eating macaroni cheese with friends at Bumpkin restaurant in South Kensington today

Hardly a test they are friends and seem to hang out together a fair bit.

I think it's great that Eugenie is building a career outside of the BRF. I really hope she enjoys the city and her new job.

I hope so too. I hope she make good friends in NYC as well.

FYI Duke of York is also in NYC

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 20m
Delighted to attend @Founders_Forum New York opening reception at New Media Centre Brooklyn #FFNYC
Expand

Good to know that she have both parents with her in NYC.

The Daily News had some pictures of Eugenie and Fergie shopping in NYC (apparently successfully, judging by the shopping bags they held). The article said Eugenie had rented a place in Soho and spent the day strolling through Little Italy.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 22m
#royal Princess #Eugenie in New York with parents Duke and Duchess of York - pics on-line. How will persuit of Princess go down with Yorks?

Chic Princess Eugenie pals up with handsome new boss as she launches new life in the Big Apple | Mail Online

Princess Eugenie was seen out and about in New York yesterday with her new boss, the rather dashing Alexander Gilkes, before moving on to a dinner with her father Prince Andrew.

Alexander’s links to the Royals go back to his school days at Eton.

His brother Charlie, who founded London nightspots Maggies and Kitts, is a firm friend of Prince William and dated the Duchess of Cambridge’s sister Pippa, after they were both students at Edinburgh University.

Eugenie and her older sister Beatrice attended Alexander and Misha's wedding in Venice last year.

Also in attendance were James Middleton, Kate and Pippa’s younger brother, while guests including bride’s cousin Houda Nonoo, the Bahraini ambassador to the U.S, multi-millionaire banking scion Matthew Mellon and Helen Rockefeller were treated to a performance by singer Lana Del Ray.

In fact, Alexander remains so close to the Royals that he was spotted out with Pippa Middleton, 30, during her visit to Manhattan last summer.

The couple were seen leaving Soho House, while Pippa was clad in a bright red dress designed by his wife Mishal Nonoo.

Very nice article. I think its going to make a big difference with Eugenie settling into a new job in a new city on a new continent even knowing that she's got a circle of friends already established. I think she'll do fine in this new job.

It is only a temporary job in NY as the intention is to open an office in London and when that happens she will return to London.

As her mother has had a home in the US for decades and the girls have visited her there is isn't really a surprise that she has friends in the US.

I'm sure Eugenie will get lot's of invitations too. Bet she and her boyfriend will be doing a lot of flying back and forth. It's good training for her for the London job and she will connections.

. Princess Eugenie was pictured in Soho, NYC, yesterday, October 8: ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ** hellomagazine: Princess Eugenie looks every inch the New Yorker as she settles in to life stateside **

Wonder if the gentleman pictured with her is a security or bodyguard.

In NYC, we have quite a few royals who live here from around the world and aristocrats. But none really have security because it isn't needed. But HRH Princess Eugenie...she is HM Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter. No doubt there are many folks in the US and NYC who knows who she is. The USA has a huge interest in the British monarchy and a special relationship with the UK. Can't imagine she is wandering the streets of NYC without some type of protection.

I don't think Eugenie will be vey recognizable in NYC; when she and Fergie were in Little Italy earlier in the week, they went unnoticed. And nobody knew Beatrice the last time she visited.

I think most New Yorkers would know the Queen, Phillip, Charles, William, Harry and possibly Kate. But I really doubt the man on the street would recognize any others.

Wonder if the gentleman pictured with her is a security or bodyguard.

In NYC, we have quite a few royals who live here from around the world and aristocrats. But none really have security because it isn't needed. But HRH Princess Eugenie...she is HM Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter. No doubt there are many folks in the US and NYC who knows who she is. The USA has a huge interest in the British monarchy and a special relationship with the UK. Can't imagine she is wandering the streets of NYC without some type of protection.

I don't think Eugenie will be vey recognizable in NYC; when she and Fergie were in Little Italy earlier in the week, they went unnoticed. And nobody knew Beatrice the last time she visited.

I think most New Yorkers would know the Queen, Phillip, Charles, William, Harry and possibly Kate. But I really doubt the man on the street would recognize any others.

As a native New Yorker I can tell you that she won't be recognized. The average New York, let alone American, isn't going to recognize Phillip or Charles or even the Queen. Why would they? We're going to have to agree to disagree cause I don't see any real interest in the monarchy outside of big events and their faces, while famous, will not stand out enough without additional help. William and Kate together? Yeah that'll get stares but just one of them walking alone? I doubt more than 2 out of every 10 people will even look at them twice in any major city in the States.

Plenty of celebs live in NY, I've seen a fair few, stopped none, it's that double take moment and then their gone. Might be the anonymity that a place like NY gives compared to L.A. where the Pap's are more likely to shove a camera down your throat. Yes we have paparazzi here but it seems less intrusive, our city doesn't revolve around the entertainment industry the way L.A. does so, in that respect at least, we have a mellower atmosphere towards famous people.

Edit:
The article isn't working for me. Had to find the cached version just to read it.

Last edited:
In my opinion, it's not about who recognize who, I think it's very dangerous out there and I think everyone needs a bodyguard nowadays. It doesn't matter if you're a member of the British royal family or Joe from down the street.

In my opinion, it's not about who recognize who, I think it's very dangerous out there and I think everyone needs a bodyguard nowadays. It doesn't matter if you're a member of the British royal family or Joe from down the street.

I agree, somewhat. I don't think it's about who recognizes you when you are the granddaughter of the Queen of the United Kingdom AND of the other Commonwealth realms. The mental state allow that could be caused to HM The Queen if something were to happen is cause for concern for all countries she serves as sovereign and Head of State.

I agree, somewhat. I don't think it's about who recognizes you when you are the granddaughter of the Queen of the United Kingdom AND of the other Commonwealth realms. The mental state allow that could be caused to HM The Queen if something were to happen is cause for concern for all countries she serves as sovereign and Head of State.

Not to wade into politics, bit especially in The US, a country with little gun control laws and mass shootings nearly every other month these days.

I don't think many americans are interested in andrews daughters...they could probably just walk down the street in ny and maybe a few heads would turn but, I don't think anyone would actually go up to them....I am a new yorker and by new york standards they aren't anything special...I haven't seen any news shows or entertainment programs report on either of them since the royal wedding or even report about Eugenies move.

My basic point is New Yorkers aren't impressed by much I think...especially in New York City.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom