The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-royal View Post
Everyone talks about Catherine as the beauty of the family, but Eugenie manages to look just as fabulous with no hairdresser in tow and half as much make up. She's always smiling and seems like a very fun person to be around. She also seems a little less of a mummy's girl than Bea? Possibly one of the most underrated royals <3
I do think Eugenie is a very pretty girl. She could be a real knock out if she would lose a few pounds. I said a "few" As to her hair, yes I think it is lovely but she could do a bit more so that it didn't look so unkempt. she too freqently looks like it's the day before a needed hair cut, IMO. As to her make up? Well, we would have to disagree, as very frequently Eugenie is seen with VERY heavy eyeliner. It always amazes that she seems to get a pass on this issue while Catherine is constantly criticized, but maybe it's because there are more close up photos of Catherine. I do think she has great natural good looks and a lot of potential, maybe as she "ages" a bit things will fall into place more.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham

I do think Eugenie is a very pretty girl. She could be a real knock out if she would lose a few pounds. I said a "few" As to her hair, yes I think it is lovely but she could do a bit more so that it didn't look so unkempt. she too freqently looks like it's the day before a needed hair cut, IMO. As to her make up? Well, we would have to disagree, as very frequently Eugenie is seen with VERY heavy eyeliner. It always amazes that she seems to get a pass on this issue while Catherine is constantly criticized, but maybe it's because there are more close up photos of Catherine. I do think she has great natural good looks and a lot of potential, maybe as she "ages" a bit things will fall into place more.
She does wear a lot of eyeliner but it's neater and not as heavy as Catherine's (and she sometimes goes au naturale when not at public events). Like this - it's not my favourite, but not quite as bad as Kate's make up: http://m.zimbio.com/pictures/JJbxjsB...incess+Eugenie I see what you mean about the hair, I guess I just find it refreshing that she probably doesn't spend a lot of time at the hair salon :)

Old 08-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

IMO Catherine and Beatrice are both very attractive women and when they get it right (which Catherine nearly always does), they are both stunning. Eugenie is still young, but when she gets it right and she will, is the one who will be beautiful.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Serene Highness

I've always thought Pss Eugenie was beautiful. She was a pretty little girl, too. She's dressing and applying her makeup like alot of people her age. I agree that as she gets older, she'll tone things down a bit. I think she'll always be curvy. She is def. a royal to watch for the future.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Majesty

I do think it somewhat unfair to compare two girls in their early 20s still learning their styles etc with a more mature woman of 29.

During the 20s girls turn into ladies and learn a lot about what suits them etc and Beatrice and Eugenie are still in that learning stage while The Duchess of Cambridge and even Zara have finished that learning curve.

The younger two can learn from the older two but shouldn't be compared to them due to the age difference of 7 and 9 years respectively and that gap, at their ages is still quite a large one in many ways.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't particularly find Eugenie pretty but she definitely is not ugly. I also don't think she needs to lose any weight because she looks fantastic with her curves. If Eugenie is a heavy eyeliner wearer then it would prove to be a biased against Kate who always gets slammed for her heavy makeup. I personally hope Beatrice never does the heavy make up look because her eyes are stunning by themselves. As of right now I would say the most beautiful girls in the family are Lady Frederick, Kate, Autumn, Beatrice, Eugenie, then everyone else.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Serene Highness

I agree that the early twenties is very different, stylewise, than nearly 30. I'm glad to see the princesses experimenting. However, I really think they should experiment with different stylists and designers. Perhaps when school is over, they'll find more time for that.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Eugenie vacationing with Sarah and Beatrice should be posted York Family: News, Information, and Pictures .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

I was pleasantly surprised to see Eugenie in London yesterday. I was only in London for two days and as we had some time left decided to visit selfridges. I was with a friend in a little side shop browsing Christian Louboutin shoes when she walked in. I had looked up and she smiled back then continued looking at some of the shoes and then smiled again before leaving.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
I think part of the confusion is that over the years Sarah has herself apparently altered the pronunciation:

The first pronunciation that Sarah gave was the French way, which Rmay quotes above.....

But over the years, Sarah appears to be adopting a more American approach, with a 'jeen' sound emerging. The matter is also not helped by Sarah's tendency to call her daugher 'uge', which sounds unfortunately like 'Huge'!!!!!

Why the change, I do not know! Perhaps because Sarah's major source of income over the years since her divorce has been the United States...

Alex
I'll go with the Queen, she definitely pronounces her granddaughter's name with the emphasis on the Eu (like ewe or You) and the rest is a short "jinny" (close enough to get the idea I believe).
Old 09-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

A non-issue in my book.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to see Eugenie in London yesterday. I was only in London for two days and as we had some time left decided to visit selfridges. I was with a friend in a little side shop browsing Christian Louboutin shoes when she walked in. I had looked up and she smiled back then continued looking at some of the shoes and then smiled again before leaving.
Lovely to hear. Princess Eugenie has always struck me as a very delightful young lady, reminiscent of The Queen Mother, a serene exterior and a core of steel.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some new pics of Princess Eugenie who had been out in London and had some shoe problems

** Socks in the city after Eugenie's big night out as she ditches heels in search for a cab **
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry but in the picture it is day!! If they really stepped out from the club at 3.15, did it take them more than 4 hours to get back????

She has not an known cab driver, to call him, and wait for him drinking a coffee, rather than walk around London with socs?? like a homeless?

A Queen's grandaughter!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Courtier

Reading the whole article I was having one thought- why she didn't call some royal driver ? (her father's, her grandmother's, ect). What's the point to have a bodyguard close to you if you stay so long on the public street when everybody has access. IMO every security rule was broken.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
Reading the whole article I was having one thought- why she didn't call some royal driver ? (her father's, her grandmother's, ect). What's the point to have a bodyguard close to you if you stay so long on the public street when everybody has access. IMO every security rule was broken.
You are absolutely right!! They should have at their disposal a list of trusted drivers who can arrive quite soon and "save' them from such situations.

Bizarre
Old 10-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Please could I try to help with a little background information here?

'Calling a Royal Driver' seems at first sight to be a very sensible solution. The problem is that this was a private jaunt [not an official royal engagement] and so far at the BRF is concerned, the Queen is strict about their use [and misuse!!] and the York girls are not working royals.

An Official royal driver [chauffeur] would be hard to summon - although there is, I believe, a driver always on standby, he could not be summoned to deal with getting home after a date. His use would be confined to 'official emergency business' - e.g retrieving a Royal from an enagement that has overrun - e.g with a delayed plane, leading to a Royal arriving at an unearthly hour at the airport after an official engagement etc.; taking a royal to hospital when an ambulance is not felt to be the way forward for whatever reason etc etc.

So far as private staff drivers are concerned, I expect that there were all in bed at that time if they had not been warned that Eugenie was out clubbing and it would not be regarded as acceptable to ruin someone's sleep to retrieve someone after a date - don't forget that the private staff driver would then be expected to 'wake up as normal to go to work' only a few hours later to get on with his scheduled duties.

To me, the real problem appears to be the so-called 'bodyguard'. Bodyguard! The man is a bad joke. I presume that he is a privately hired bodyguard - the York girls of course have lost their police protection by now IIRC. What he should have done before Eugenie even left on the date was to have devised a plan to get her home afterwards, which would have involved either booking a car [e.g private cab or chauffeur-driven car] in advance to meet the revellers at an agreed time OR summoning a car when Eugenie was ready to leave, but keeping her in a secure area [inside the club for example] unitl the car arrived.

IMHO, there is a huge problem with 'private bodyguards'. Sometimes they seem to be used more as a status symbol than working at safeguarding their Principals. [ Without wishing to re-open old wounds or post in a wrong thread, my old boss always felt that the private bodyguard looking after Princess Diana at the Ritz should not have let her into the car without verifying that the driver was safe and sober etc.] If this gentleman was hired to protect Eugenie, then he has failed miserably in all aspects of his job and I would hope that he does not go on duty again unless and until he has had some fairly extensive re-training. It is a sad thing to have to say this, but Royals - particularly the young royals - are fairly high-profile and are fairly easy to spot [especially in the case of the young royals who tend to frequent the same clubs] and as there are a fair share of nutters and even royal hating nutters in the UK, the possibility of an attack should always be ever-present in the minds of security staff. And forget the nutters - there will almost always be the Press present ready to snap away at Royals post-date!! Had a car been ordered correctly, there would have been NO 'shoeless Eugenie' photos in the papers this morning!

Only my thoughts,

Alex
Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

For me it could be easily solved.

Many absolute private citizens, are used to work with a special cab company (not limos, simple cabs). When they need a ride somewhere they call, the company's responsible finds the cab and says "the cab no... is there in .... minutes". During these minutes, you wait in an iside place, calmly. The total service cost the price of the ride + a small supplement (in Athens it is 5 euros more...for rhe call). Unless you have a special circumstance as heavy snowfall, strike, riot(!), it works and it is affordable, at least for people like Eugenie!!
You can even pay a mothly small subscription to the company, and your call has the priority among the other non client's calls! Many persons, very young or older who do not like to have the anxiety of finding a cab in the night do that. It is even more secure, because your call and the number of the driver are registered. It is simple, not extremely expensive, and it avoids you running in the streets like a poor homeless!

A so called body guard should be able to organize this for a young Princess!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

I agree, the whole thing’s an embarrassment, and I feel sorry for Eugenie that she had to put up with it. As Diarist points out, the “bodyguard” has completely failed in his duties. Also, surely someone in a responsible position at the club should have been able to arrange something while she was waiting comfortably inside. It’s disgraceful that a Princess has to go through the humiliating (and potentially dangerous) experience of hanging about outside a club waiting for transport, when somebody should surely be looking out for her!
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 10-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

This is one of the unexpected problems that happens when someone loses an official protection officer. There are many fine security people who would have seen to this situation properly, but this guy seems to have been a "dud."

Tags
princess eugenie