The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
I have a feeling the DM was being sarcastic (I've expressed my thoughts on the too tight dress in another tread)

I would have thought that the headline made that obvious - the comment about being able to 'multi-task' by waving and curtseying at the same time - very sarcastic and that set the tone for the article.

They can't help themselves - the DM's agenda for years has been to destroy the Yorks and the RF itself - it used to be called the 'Di-ly Mail' remember.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Eugenie and boyfriend Jack at the Rob Lowe book launch party at Marx Club, Chelsea, London, May 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Old 06-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
True - 12 positive comments to 43 negative ones - yes I did count them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I would have thought that the headline made that obvious - the comment about being able to 'multi-task' by waving and curtseying at the same time - very sarcastic and that set the tone for the article.

They can't help themselves - the DM's agenda for years has been to destroy the Yorks and the RF itself - it used to be called the 'Di-ly Mail' remember.
I'll be blunt.

How can they destroy the Yorks? It's the mail for God's sake not the Times. A tabloid. Yes they play up negative things but it's Andrew and Sarah's behavior that make them targets. Yes, their daughters get an unnecessary blast of it too an that's wrong but claiming that it's out to destroy the Yorks? Why would the mail do that to a couple of people who give them so much to write about.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Eugenie and boyfriend Jack at the Rob Lowe book launch party at Marx Club, Chelsea, London, May 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Thanks, Ice.

Pss E looks stunning in these photos. I always thought she was a very pretty girl.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Princess Eugenie is very pretty indeed. Her dress is simple, too; so it doesn't distract from her natural good looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Pss E looks stunning in these photos. I always thought she was a very pretty girl.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:07 AM
Nobility

Is that Katherine Schwarzenegger in the last two pics?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Is that Katherine Schwarzenegger in the last two pics?
Yep! Other photo agencies have her in the picture descriptions so it's definitely her.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Serene Highness

Sarah Ferguson | Ferguson Meddled With Eugenie's Royal Wedding Hat From Thai Retreat | Contactmusic

I'm posting this in Eugenie's thread because it's about Eugenie, I guess. Yes, Sarah has given another interview about her time in Kamalaya during the royal wedding (cue the bashing-heads-against-the wall). She mentions that she told the designer to snip some plumes off Eugenie's hat, and she also mentions (I thought this was interesting) that Princess Beatrice's hat only arrived on the morning of the wedding.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Sarah Ferguson | Ferguson Meddled With Eugenie's Royal Wedding Hat From Thai Retreat | Contactmusic

I'm posting this in Eugenie's thread because it's about Eugenie, I guess. Yes, Sarah has given another interview about her time in Kamalaya during the royal wedding (cue the bashing-heads-against-the wall). She mentions that she told the designer to snip some plumes off Eugenie's hat, and she also mentions (I thought this was interesting) that Princess Beatrice's hat only arrived on the morning of the wedding.
Doesn't Sarah understand that on talking about such things to the media she is ridiculing her daughters?
Old 06-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Nobility

Of course not because al she wants is to be part of the show. "I was instrumental in doing blah blah and *gasp* the hat only arrived that morning. You heard it first from ME.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I guess she would have felt slighted by not having been invited.

But what was she doing in Kamalaya ? Where is Kamalaya ???
Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, if it suits you... Princess Eugenie recreates Ascot success with red gown at Elton John's White Tie and Tiara Ball | Mail Online
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Both outfits on E- from Ascot and 2nite look stunning, and 2night all 3 York ladies look fantastic!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Both outfits on E- from Ascot and 2nite look stunning, and 2night all 3 York ladies look fantastic!

Yes, they do look nice; Eugenie seems to love Vivienne Westwood!

Btw- were any other members of the BRF at the event?
(I'm wondering how much of a pariah Sarah is, I suppose, and how far the rest of the family might go to avoid her.).
Old 06-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Eugenie looks fantastic and for once I agree with what a commentator on DM wrote:

Quote:
Eugenie is potentially much prettier than Beatrice and couldbe the family beauty.
Eugenie indeed could easily be the most beautiful young woman of the major BRF members IMO.
I think that Bea is pretty as well, btw.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hate that Beatrice and Eugenie get maligned because of the idiocy and mistakes of their parents (mostly their mother). They both seem like sweet beautiful girls. I think Beatrice is particularly stunning with her wide eyes, and I for one think she looked great before and after her weight loss; now that she has lost the weight, I think her sister has the better body.
Does anyone know how to properly pronounce Eugenie's name? Is it U-GEINE or U-geh-ne
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Does anyone know how to properly pronounce Eugenie's name? Is it U-GEINE or U-geh-ne
She once talked about the trouble people had and how she would coach them by saying Use-Your-Knee. You-czeh-Knee.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
She once talked about the trouble people had and how she would coach them by saying Use-Your-Knee. You-czeh-Knee.
I've heard Sarah saying Eugenie's name, and there's an emphasis on the first syllable: YOU-czeh-knee. (That's the clearest way I can express it. I'm not sure if that's how the name is traditionally to be pronounced!)
Old 08-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Courtier

I think part of the confusion is that over the years Sarah has herself apparently altered the pronunciation:

The first pronunciation that Sarah gave was the French way, which Rmay quotes above.....

But over the years, Sarah appears to be adopting a more American approach, with a 'jeen' sound emerging. The matter is also not helped by Sarah's tendency to call her daugher 'uge', which sounds unfortunately like 'Huge'!!!!!

Why the change, I do not know! Perhaps because Sarah's major source of income over the years since her divorce has been the United States...

Alex
Old 08-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Gentry

Everyone talks about Catherine as the beauty of the family, but Eugenie manages to look just as fabulous with no hairdresser in tow and half as much make up. She's always smiling and seems like a very fun person to be around. She also seems a little less of a mummy's girl than Bea? Possibly one of the most underrated royals <3

Tags
princess eugenie