The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen has allowed Edward to use a lesser title for his children but that doesn't mean that they aren't HRH Princess Louise and HRH Prince James (although there is some argument about that but that is for another thread).
Legally they are a prince and princess but because of their parents wishes they aren't officially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
To strip them of the title HRH would mean that Harry's children couldn't have it either (his children should be the children of the second son as well) and the Gloucesters and Kents should lose it as well - being the children of the third and fourth sons.
His kids being the second son's children means nothing. Harry's title, like Beatrice and Eugenie's, come from the fact that they are male line grandchildren of a monarch, as such the title can be given to a spouse (only in Harry's case) but not the children. If Charles were to be skipped over, William would have to issue letters patent for Harry's kids because it wouldn't happen automatically. Prince Michael of Kent is an example/ Male line grandchild of a monarch passes his title to his wife but his kids are a lord and lady.

I don't think he'd strip them of their titles. (I wonder if it's even possible to lose one's title without some kind of crime or a willful renouncement) But I think the titled cousin ends with them.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic.

If you wish to discuss the titles of the Beatrice, Eugenie, James and Louise, you may do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...es-258-42.html .

Old 03-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Gentry

Birthday

I'm surprised no one mentioned Eugenie's birthday! She turns 21 years-old today. (Unless I am wildly mistaken)

Happy Birthday Eugenie!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Actually, birthday wishes should be posted here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-29623-3.html but you are correct. It has gone unnoticed it seems.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Royal Highness

This is how she spent her 21st
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-birthday.html
Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Looks fun! I wish it was warm enough to go cycling in Canada...
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness

These girls can't win

I usually don't read the comments that follow stories like this 'cuz they are often so outrageous and nasty. But I figured, there are only 11 and really, what could anyone say in the negative?

Boy was I wrong! Here Pss E has a very VERY low-key birthday celebration (bike riding, friends paying their own, etc?) and people still found reason to slam these two, make ugly comments about their looks and go on about the two being "parasites."

I have to be missing something. I just don't get it.

If Pss E had had a huge glamourous expensive birthday bash with hundreds of guests and fancy gowns, etc., people would be complaining about that. She has the polar opposite and they're still mean.

What is wrong with people?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to say that I don't "get it" either. I can't imagine a more wholesome, less expensive way for a young woman to spend her birthday--a treasure hunt on bicycles!!! Fresh air, exercise, good clean fun!!! Yes, they went out for drinks one evening, but it's not like they're not of legal age. And of course it had to be suggested that Sarah didn't pay for her own drinks.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I have to say that I don't "get it" either. I can't imagine a more wholesome, less expensive way for a young woman to spend her birthday--a treasure hunt on bicycles!!! Fresh air, exercise, good clean fun!!! Yes, they went out for drinks one evening, but it's not like they're not of legal age. And of course it had to be suggested that Sarah didn't pay for her own drinks.
Haven't you ever disliked or known someone who disliked another person so much, for whatever reason, that they took shots whenever they could?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree. This sounds like the perfect low key celebration. There really is no reason to complain or moan abut something like this.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

I feel really sorry for both young "York royals". They have all the pressure from the tabloids but basically no sympathy due to the behaviour of their parents and also due to the behaviour of their parents, they cannot even enjoy the good of their position as in having money to spent for clothes, parties or fancy places to go. I wouldn't want to be in their place.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, of course. But that's usually because the person has something bad done to them or someone they know by the person he/she takes potshots at. Beatrice and Eugenie haven't done anything that most teenagers and young people haven't done. Yes, they have strange taste in clothes (although Beatrice seems to be improving in that way); but they have steady boyfriends and go to university. Why be hateful toward young women who have done nothing horrible? What is there to hate so much? I don't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Haven't you ever disliked or known someone who disliked another person so much, for whatever reason, that they took shots whenever they could?
Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes, of course. But that's usually because the person has something bad done to them or someone they know by the person he/she takes potshots at. Beatrice and Eugenie haven't done anything that most teenagers and young people have done. Yes, they have strange taste in clothes (although Beatrice seems to be improving in that way); but they have steady boyfriends and go to university. Why be hateful toward young women who have done nothing horrible? What is there to hate so much? I don't see it.
I couldn't have put it better.

The vitriol is really sad for two young ladies who haven't done any harm to anyone but are simply trying to grow up with everything they do reported negatively in the press (unlike their cousins who were protected by press agreement).
Old 04-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes, of course. But that's usually because the person has something bad done to them or someone they know by the person he/she takes potshots at. Beatrice and Eugenie haven't done anything that most teenagers and young people have done. Yes, they have strange taste in clothes (although Beatrice seems to be improving in that way); but they have steady boyfriends and go to university. Why be hateful toward young women who have done nothing horrible? What is there to hate so much? I don't see it.
Mermaid, I hear you. Agree with you. There's never been evidence of them being bad or lording themselves over others, something I've heard about Anne a couple times, but you're thinking logically. They don't do anything that normal teens and young adults do but they're not normal, they're royals and the children of two intensely disliked parents at that.

As much as we'd like to look at the situation logically and say, "what they're parents do has no bearing on them" to the poor anonymous nobody blood will always out. The girls are easy targets for anger and as such get pelted unreasonably so.

Mind this doesn't fall on the heads of the William or Harry. William is hailed as a hero whenever he's part of a rescue mission despite being the co-pilot, despite not being the one who goes and gets the trouble persons. He and Harry and friends go out, hold up a beer bong and tell a girl to put it in their mouth and pretend that "it's a big willie" eh, boys will be boys.

Beatrice runs a marathon and someone will no doubtlessly mention something about connections, about being rich.

Is it fair? Not in a million *bleeping* years but when your mummy's the beloved Diana Spencer instead of the Duchess of York the rules are changed.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Nobility

A few of tomorrows papers are reporting that Eugenie may have been a victim of the phone-hacking scandal surrounding the News of the World.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
A few of tomorrows papers are reporting that Eugenie may have been a victim of the phone-hacking scandal surrounding the News of the World.
Oh I sincerely hope not!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Nobility

Exclusive: Royals pulled into phone-hacking scandal - Crime, UK - The Independent

Here is a link to one of the articles.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Aristocracy

It's really quite outrageous that they were getting away with this kind of thing for so long and with so many people. It seems that the whole York family have been violated or exploited to some degree by this "newspaper".
Poor Eugenie - to go through the experience of an attempted mugging is bad enough, but then to have it splashed all over the papers after someone has violated your privacy... That really is out of order.
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 04-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
It's really quite outrageous that they were getting away with this kind of thing for so long and with so many people. It seems that the whole York family have been violated or exploited to some degree by this "newspaper".
Poor Eugenie - to go through the experience of an attempted mugging is bad enough, but then to have it splashed all over the papers after someone has violated your privacy... That really is out of order.
If true, it's beyond the pale since they've done it before. I honestly wonder who they have willing to risk the wrath of the BRF to do this. The gains of hacking Eugenie and Beatrice's phones doesn't seem like it would be substantial.

By the way fergiefan, her friend was the victim of an attempted mugging not Eugenie and this hasn't only happened to the Yorks. I understand that you're a sarah fan and most of the time you're posts are on the money but there's times where you make it seem like the Yorks are the only ones that have things done to them. They may take some hard shots in the media, some deserved some not, but they aren't always the only victims.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
If true, it's beyond the pale since they've done it before. I honestly wonder who they have willing to risk the wrath of the BRF to do this. The gains of hacking Eugenie and Beatrice's phones doesn't seem like it would be substantial.

By the way fergiefan, her friend was the victim of an attempted mugging not Eugenie and this hasn't only happened to the Yorks. I understand that you're a sarah fan and most of the time you're posts are on the money but there's times where you make it seem like the Yorks are the only ones that have things done to them. They may take some hard shots in the media, some deserved some not, but they aren't always the only victims.
I didn't mean to imply that it was only the Yorks who were victims. When I said they had been "getting away with this kind of thing for so long and with so many people", I was intending to refer to the whole range of public figures - actors, politicians, other royals, etc. I realise that the following sentence makes that ambiguous by talking about the Yorks - sorry, I guess I didn't express myself too well there.
I didn't realise it was Eugenie's friend rather than her who was almost mugged, so thanks for that.

My point about the Yorks was that all four of them have suffered at the hands of the NOTW. So have a huge number of others, of course, and it raises major questions over journalistic methods and the power of the Murdoch organisation, but I guess that's getting a little off topic...

http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/

Tags
princess eugenie