Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: October 12, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People need to just accept Meghan won't be wearing the colors of the rainbow. Not her style. You will be happier once you understand it.

Curryong said:
No York tiara, obviously the Queen offered the emerald one to go with the colour of the bridesmaids' sashes.

Do we know if the tiara was the queen's to offer? Or was it inherited by the duke of York?

I can't remember the last time I saw a royal wedding where the bride and groom were so obviously besotted with one another. Wonderful to see. Also nice to see how close-knit the family of the Duke of York seems to be, dispite the divorce.

The Great Gatsby references were a surprise. Let's hope that it was chosen in naivité as from the book he appears to be dreadful.

Last edited:
Do we know if the tiara was the queen's to offer? Or was it inherited by the duke of York?

I can't remember the last time I saw a royal wedding where the bride and groom were so obviously besotted with one another. Wonderful to see. Also nice to see how close-knit the family of the Duke of York seems to be, dispite the divorce.

The Great Gatsby references were a surprise. Let's hope that it was chosen in naivité as from the book he appears to be dreadful.

From what I understand this is part of the Greville collection that was given to the Queen Mother and she then passed it down to the Queen.

LaRae

Did anyone catch William and Catherine holding hands in church? 8 years on and still going strong.

Yes it was very sweet!

LaRae

I thought Pippa Middleton was one of the best dressed, if not the best. Her ensemble was beautiful.

Everything from the estate of the Queen Mother was inherited by the Queen after her death to save death taxes. And according to the Press release from today it is a loan from the Queen.

I like the colors but it's kinda just wedding cake...nothing special in design. I do really like the initials around the bottom.

LaRae

Princess Eugenie and Jack: Guest Arrivals and Fashions

A lot of great outfits on the guests for this autumn wedding.
Especially Eugenie’s royal family and mum did look great today.

Last edited:
I love the Autumn theme. Make me want to bake a Sweet Potato Pie.

I thought the church service was lovely. There was the beauty of the traditional order of service, and there were also all the touching personal touches like the "The Great Gatsby" reading (not personally a fan, but it was nice that it meant something to them) and the homily. The homily especially was lovely, because you could tell that the priest actually knew the bride and groom, and it was directed at them as much as it was at the congregation. That's the way it should be.

I know George and Charlotte are enjoying themselves, but I know they must feel wedded-out by now. :lol:

I’m unexpectedly emotional right now. I’m just sooo happy that after all the crap Eugenie has put up with since she was a child she seems so thrilled and beaming and her wedding look was a triumph.
That TIARA (all hail the Queen) ? .
And that dress is everything. As a curvy gal myself, this is the dress is would choose if marrying a royal.
Jack was so cute with his glasses and all nervous. These two can’t believe they’re getting married, lol.
The wind was a bit problematic on the steps, like with the Wessexes, but at least the rain held off.

I’m also thrilled that Sarah and Beatrice look fabulous. Actually, all royal ladies looked beautiful, the bright colours were a hit with me.
And little James melted me:wub:
And Philip is 97 years old!

I was at work, so only saw the highlights so far. I’m off to watch it all in detail now, read the posts here and the royal blogs...

What a pretty cake for an autumn wedding! I'm not personally a huge fan of red velvet cake, but I'm sure it's delicious, too!

Does anybody know if the duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra attended the wedding? I did not see them on the photos.

Also, I don't know if anyone else commented on this, but I felt so sorry for Lady Louise's clothing mishap as she was shepherding the bridal party up the stairs. She's just at the age when something like that is even more excruciatingly embarrassing than it would be for an adult. I hope it didn't spoil her day. That wind was fierce.

Does anybody know if the duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra attended the wedding? I did not see them on the photos.

Nope, neither of them were there. Princess Alexandra has broken her arm and it wasn't announced why the Duchess of Kent didn't attend.

Did anyone catch William and Catherine holding hands in church? 8 years on and still going strong.

Where did you see that? The wedding service was not televised, was it?!

I know George and Charlotte are enjoying themselves, but I know they must feel wedded-out by now. :lol:

Yes, only so many Smarties you can eat in the sacristy before it becomes a little old hat :lol:

All the (adorable) littles did a great job, though.

Where did you see that? The wedding service was not televised, was it?!

It was televised in some places, and the royal family youtube channel carried a livestream.

I'll have to check again because I thought I saw The Duchess of Kent.

Back
Top Bottom