Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 6: January-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
363754.jpg

Welcome to the new thread for
Princess Beatrice news and pictures 6: January 2007-

The previous thread, covering the period August 2006-January 2007, can be found here.

While posting, please remember our Community Rules.
  • This thread is for current events only
  • Only pictures you have written permission to post can be shared here
  • NO watermarked pictures can be posted in the Forums
  • Everyone has his/her own opinion, you are free to disagree but don't forget to stay civil
Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
the beatrice's College of Arms it's great!, was a gift from the queen for beatrice's birthday

What exactly does that mean? What sort of relevance does this have? Are only the children/grandchildren of a soverign given this? How is this an honor (for I feel that it is). Sorry, I'm not familiar with this sort of thing. Is this the same as Coat of Arms?

hello all i'm new to the royal forums, but am quite fasinated with Princess Beatrice! Just wanted to say hello!

Does somebody have a link to Beatrice's arms - ie a story about them? I find it curious that it was suggested this was "a grant" of arms - Beatrice would have been armigerous from the moment she was born as the daughter of an armigerous man and permitted to display his arms in a lozenge (like all gentlewomen) and then there would have been additional rights, perhaps, sua juris as Princess of the UK - a coronet at the very least.

This coat of arms fascinates me. What is the central device? Is it some strange sort of shield? It certainly is not a lozenge. And I am interested that Beatrice has supporters, are they her father's or her own? For although she is a Princess of the UK she is not also a peeress, or is she? Is princess qua princess a peeress and therefore entitled to supporters?

Interesting stuff, any links to an explanation I'd like to see them. I like the York bees on her bar, they come from the Ferguson arms. A post here suggests they chose three bees "Bees thrice" in heraldic lingo to suggest "Beatrice"

http://groups.google.fr/group/rec.heraldry/browse_thread/thread/1ffbb335c5f49b77/51163cb0939f73b6?lnk=raot#51163cb0939f73b6

Last edited:
So it is a lozenge - I am used to seeing the ordinary diamond-shaped one and it threw me

http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/Newsletter/011.htm

Text of the grant:

Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice of York: Her Majesty The Queen granted Arms to Her Royal Highness by a Warrant dated 18 July 2006.
The Arms, illustrated right, are blazoned Within a Lozenge ensigned by a Coronet composed of four Crosses formy and four Strawberry Leaves Our Royal Arms differenced by a Label of five points Argent the centre and the exterior points each charged with a Bee volant proper.
The Supporters are to be Our Royal Supporters charged with the like Coronet and Label.
Ordered to be recorded at the College of Arms, where it has the reference I.85/188.

I suppose that "grant" means these are somehow different from what she would have been entitled to display as daughter of Andrew. They have the Ferguson bees, which for some reason I thought were York symbols, so in that sense they are different.

Princess Beatrice Plans To Work With U.S. Charity

Princess Beatrice is planning on spending a year in the U.S., to follow in her mother Sarah Ferguson's footsteps.
The 18-year-old princess plans to travel to the U.S. to work with the charity Springboard For Children after she completes her A-Level exams at St. George's School in Ascot this summer.
Sarah - who has been spending increasingly more time in the U.S. - is already a patron of Springboard, which helps children with dyslexia, a condition Beatrice suffers from.

If you google the charity it comes up as a UK charity and there are no links for an American branch, but they are recuriting gap year volunteers so it might be partially true.

Although this took me all of five seconds to check so I wonder why the media couldn't do the same thing. :bang:

http://www.springboard.org.uk/

That's because you think outside of the box Oppie. For some in the media, they don't take the time to do the appropriate research. Its frustrating.

Thanks for the information on the Coat of Arms...Frothy! So this is the official Coat of Arms? and is there anything from her father in her arms? Or am I missing it in the description.

I also was wondering why she was going to the U.S. to work for a U.K. charity. Perhaps it's more for Mummy and the boy-friend.

selrahc4 said:
I also was wondering why she was going to the U.S. to work for a U.K. charity. Perhaps it's more for Mummy and the boy-friend.

I think she just likes NY and probably wants to hang out there for awhile. I recall a recent article w Sarah and she said her daughters really enjoy spending time in The States as they are more free to move around and blend in and feel less scrutinized.

Bella said:
selrahc4 said:

I think she just likes NY and probably wants to hang out there for awhile. I recall a recent article w Sarah and she said her daughters really enjoy spending time in The States as they are more free to move around and blend in and feel less scrutinized.

I think you are right. I just thought the article's headline "Princess Beatrice Plans To Work With U.S. Charity" was misleading.

Here are two pics of Bea after visiting a nightclub in London on the 15th of december, I can't remember having seen them posted before :)

Bea 1
Bea 2

iceflower said:
Here are two pics of Bea after visiting a nightclub in London on the 15th of december, I can't remember having seen them posted before :)

Bea 1
Bea 2

What is she Wearing???? im hoping she has something better under that scarf

Terrible outfit. She wears ALL the trends at once, whether they suit her body (leggings? really?), make sense (why the giant purse on a night out? why a light jacket and shawl when it's snowing?) or whether they are age-appropriate (age-appropriate THIS time, but unflattering. really unflattering.).

this girl have the same style to dressing like her mother

lady_windsor said:
What is she Wearing???? im hoping she has something better under that scarf

The half cut leggings are apparently IN, as is the handbag, (although I don't think it goes with the rest of the outfit). It certainly isn't in for a night out, what has she got in there? :lol:

The blanket is out! :wacko:

iceflower said:

Bea 1
Bea 2

Thanks for the photos, Iceflower. :) I think Beatrice looks happy and like she's having/had a good time. As for what she's wearing, it looks like there is a leather bomber-type jacket underneath the green shawl. Her legs below the legging cut-off looks bare, though. Must be cold. But she's young and ppl her age wear all sorts of whacky things. I don't think what she's wearing is any better or worse than other girls her age.

Pics 10.01.2007

Here is another outfit to discuss ;) :)
The pics were taken on 10.01.2007 and they show Bea leaving the Nobu restaurant in London where she met some friends.

Bea 1
Bea 2
Bea 3

iceflower said:
Here is another outfit to discuss
Great photos, Iceflower. I think these pics are much more flattering. The dress and coat have a slimming effect and her hair looks fab as always. Does anyone know if the man behind her is a friend, boyfriend or bodyguard?

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems very low cut, (unless it is the colours on my pc), she must take after her mother! :rolleyes:

beatrice in official act anyway look great, especially with hat but her ''street'' style is terrible, very similar to her mother

i think everyone is pretty harsh to beatrice. she is a teenager experimenting with the fashion. both those outfits were quite fashoionable in england. go into any topshop or h and m store in england and the style would be very similar :)

Yes you can probably find outfits like that in H & M, (not so sure about Topshop) even Matalan, on the bargain rail, but not normally slung together.

Avalon said:
"First True Love"
Don't they just mean first love, or first serious boyfriend? :rolleyes:

Great links, Avalon. Wish there were pictures! Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd guy described as Pss Beatrice's "first love"? Oh well . . . I guess you can't have too many of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom