Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is Beatrice and Edo are basically living together now. While we aren't sure when they started dating exactly I've heard Oct/Nov would be the year range.

I don't expect any sort of announcement before next year sometime.

LaRae

I'm not really sure the couples are or should be compared. They both have different issues and those are just the public ones we know about like being in the public eye or a child involved (or not).

It seems it is pretty serious to bring him to this wedding and supposedly they're living together, though that doesn't mean they'll rush down the aisle by the end of the year or early next.

My guess is Beatrice and Edo are basically living together now. While we aren't sure when they started dating exactly I've heard Oct/Nov would be the year range.

I don't expect any sort of announcement before next year sometime.

LaRae
Edo said in a recent interview that he's living in St James & I'm predicting an engagement announcement before the end of this year. It would put some potential partners off but he seems to enjoy the press attention that comes with a royal relationship as he always turns towards the cameras & flashes them a smile.

While it wouldn't shock me if they do...I just didn't figure they would make an announcement until after the first of the year. I don't think she's going to rush in anything.

LaRae

I think next May at St George's Chapel the bride will be Beatrice.

Personally I wish Beatrice gets married at York Minster, obviously do to the name connection, the fact that she's involved in different organizations surrounding it, and it would be the first royal wedding held there since the Duke and Duchess of Kent's in 1961.

Also concerning Edo, withholding my personal opinion about him, if he makes her happy then I wish them all the best but if that's not the case I hope Bea realizes it quickly and leaves the relationship.

I also do not expect a Beatrice engagement announcement this year. The relationship between Bea and Edo is still fresh and they should want to wait longer. But I believe they're living together.

Personally I wish Beatrice gets married at York Minster, obviously do to the name connection, the fact that she's involved in different organizations surrounding it, and it would be the first royal wedding held there since the Duke and Duchess of Kent's in 1961.

Also concerning Edo, withholding my personal opinion about him, if he makes her happy then I wish them all the best but if that's not the case I hope Bea realizes it quickly and leaves the relationship.

Despite the name connection, when the time comes, I don't see Bea marrying at York Minster. It is not really a convenient location for guests. And apart from "York" has no connection to Bea's life.

The Duchess of Kent was born in Yorkshire, so she essentially married in her hometown.

Last edited:

I don't see it happening. Among other things as there would be no logical place to hold the reception. Its not a royal peculiar, nor is there a royal house near.

The Duke and Duchess of Kent married there by tradition. Its traditional to marry at the family church of the bride. Katherine grew up in York, the wedding reception was held at her family home Hovingham Hall. It is now home to Katherine's nephew.

Windsor isn't simply a 'royal wedding venue' for the York girls. It is their 'home church'. They grew up near Windsor. They went to school in the area. I'd be shocked if they were not married there.

The fact most weddings are in London or Windsor is simple logistics. There isn't a church large enough near either Sandringham or Balmoral for the massive social weddings they have. Unless they had friends with a large estate near by, that they could use to host a reception, the added expense of a reception space and security for a wedding would sky rocket.

I don't expect a wedding in 2019. But like Harry and Meghan, I don't think we will see a long dating relationship either. Yes Bea's last relationship was ten years but she was also very young during most of it, getting through school and started in adult life. She is in a very different place in her life. Like Harry, Bea starting a relationship later in her life then cousins who had long courtships, will shape how long they date IMO.

In July it will be a year of their dating, so they are reportedly dating longer (I mean James & Alizee). And there is no child to be involved.

All the best to both couples!

Its not a matter of who dated longer. There is no limit on how long one has to date before they marry. Its about where they are in their relationship. Some couples are more secure quicker, or ready for commitment sooner.

And St. George's Chapel is much more convenient for the Queen and Prince Philipp, who are in their nineties already; let's hope they will still be here for Beatrice's wedding!

Beatrice will be 31-years-old in August. I can see her waiting at least another half year to another year past their dating anniversary in order to be absolutely certain of their compatibility. They don't have a need to rush to make a life commitment decision. Even should an engagement be announced sometime next year, I don't imagine Beatrice would be getting married until 2021 or thereabouts. She has time (unless she has concerns about wanting both her paternal grandparents to see her marry; yet even then, within two years they will likely both still be around).

In contrast, Lady Gabriella is 38 years old. So, if she and her new husband are planning to have a family, I expect they will try immediately.

Although, of course, any commitment decision between Edo and Beatrice should be based on how the couple get along and whether they have mutual life goals, rather than on age considerations. Sometimes, couples just know when it's right and works for them (e.g., the Sussexes were engaged in under a year-and-a-half. And they now have a son, in 2 years and 10 months since they first met).

Last edited:
That Edo can't keep his eyes off the cameras, he was at it again today and it makes him look shifty to me. Purely on intuition I have to say that I don't trust him.

That Edo can't keep his eyes off the cameras, he was at it again today and it makes him look shifty to me. Purely on intuition I have to say that I don't trust him.

That was exactly my first thought. His eyes are always on the cameras.

Then I reflected that photographers will have been screaming his name, and it must take a great deal of practice to become accustomed to not turning towards that, even for a split second. So in fairness to Edo, while it looks like he is always turning to the cameras, it could also be that he is just reacting to his name being called and we are being shown the snap of the one second he looks over before remembering himself. So while my intuition, like yours, says something is off, I caught myself this morning when judging him based on these moments in pictures from the wedding (and other occasions).

I still do not have an opinion about Edo. I do not trust him too much, but if he makes Bea happy, that's the most important thing.

HighGoalHighDreams said:
... So in fairness to Edo, while it looks like he is always turning to the cameras, it could also be that he is just reacting to his name being called.

:previous: ITA, it could just be a bit of self-consciousness, and Edo not used to being around cameras, having his every move and behavioral reaction scrutinized. Often, pretty young men are also unfairly labeled and judged as overly narcissistic playboys. For all we know, Edo could have a sensitive soul. ;)

He might enjoy the attention too. But that wouldn't necessarily mean he doesn't care for Beatrice. Plus, Edo has moved in similar circles as Beatrice for awhile, since their families are friendly, although I'm not clear on how much contact they've had with each other previous to dating.

It's hard to judge someone we haven't actually spent a lot of time with, or seen up close in interviews. From the property management career articles that have been written about Edo, and in which he's been quoted (linked earlier in this thread), he seems to be an interesting person with interior design, construction, and property management expertise. He's not a rich layabout, since he's been very successful in developing his own company.

Last edited:
^^ ITA, it could just be a bit of self-consciousness, and not used to being around cameras, having your every move and behavioral reaction scrutinized.

It's just that I never saw Jack Brooksbank behaving the same way and he was in the same position. Time will tell.

It's just that I never saw Jack Brooksbank behaving the same way and he was in the same position. Time will tell.

Jack Brooksbank has always been very discreet. I'd say even more discreet than Dave Clarck.

True, but Jack has a completely different personality. And he was low-key dating Beatrice's younger sister, Eugenie, for years. I do not recall Eugenie having as much overdone public scrutiny on her as Beatrice has experienced.

In addition, there has been a lot of attention and tabloid publicity since the news broke that Edo and Beatrice were dating. And this publicity and interest exists through no fault of their own.

Edo, in part due to his line of business, kinda already had more of a public profile than Jack in any case. Jack comes from a well-to-do family, while Edo comes from a wealthy family with a foreign title. Edo's father was a friend and associate of the Queen's and other members of the royal family, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Not everyone is going to be comfortable with the media, plain and simple.

Just because Jack was comfortable, doesn't mean everyone will be. Its going to be shocking, and perhaps intimidating, for some new to it. Having media scream your name and flashing cameras at you is not normal. Its not like the man is courting the press or anything here.

I think it's quite likely that he's not used to the photographers calling his name or pointing cameras at him when he's out and about with his girlfriend. He might like the attention which can be either good or bad. Good that he's not out off by it and bad that he might love it more than her etc. Time will tell on that one.

was wondering about Wolfe and the Mozzi title since everyone in the family gets to be a conte/contessa but he is out if wedlock so he doesnt get to be a conte? Not that it matters sinnce he is in the UK
NVM only legitimate children

Last edited:
Edo said in a recent interview that he's living in St James & I'm predicting an engagement announcement before the end of this year.

That's what I think too.
An announcement this year, then a wedding in the spring of 2020.

I'd be very surprised if she chose to marry anywhere but St. George's.

I don't think Beatrice will want a long-term dating relationship, after her experience with Clark.

That's what I think too.
An announcement this year, then a wedding in the spring of 2020.

I'd be very surprised if she chose to marry anywhere but St. George's.

I don't think Beatrice will want a long-term dating relationship, after her experience with Clark.

I’m not so certain that she’s wants to be married right now. I’ve always said Dave likely wanted to. She didn’t so he moved on.

I’m not so certain that she’s wants to be married right now. I’ve always said Dave likely wanted to. She didn’t so he moved on.

I liked the Beatrice and Dave couple. And I felt sorry for them when they separated.
I hope Beatrice is happy with Edoardo.

I liked the Beatrice and Dave couple. And I felt sorry for them when they separated.
I hope Beatrice is happy with Edoardo.

I also liked them as a couple. I hope she’s happy now though. She deserves happiness. Although, she and Eduardo seems to be attending family events pretty fast. So maybe I’m wrong on the marriage front. She just always struck me as very cautious.

I think she's going to be careful after almost 10 years and no marriage (I lean toward thinking it was something with Dave... there was something off in the relationship as to why they were only dating at year 10).

I don't think she's going to rush into anything. They will hit the year mark in Oct/Nov..if there is an announcement I don't see it before next year sometime. I don't think they would marry before fall 2020 at the earliest. Of course they could surprise me too!

Edo is already living with her at St James I think. Plus there is a child involved so I think they will be careful due to him too.

LaRae

I never believed that; I think Beatrice assumed they would marry eventually- and Clark let her think so, because it suited his purpose.

I never liked him, he seemed a consummate opportunist to me.

IMO Beatrice is Loving and giving woman with so much to offer that any good man would be proud to have on his arm as wife. She spent all of her 20’s on one man and being a permanent girlfriend. During that time she will have grown up and found out what she wanted from her life. I suspect she saw the writing on the wall finally and reevaluated. Seeing her so sister happy with her husband might have been a push as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom