Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comparisons with Marius isn't in relation to the interest in him by the public or the media but rather what his standing or place would be within the royal fold.

You're correct though in stating that Beatrice and her husband (whomever he shall be) will grow up as Miss or Master/Mr. (husband's last name). Should it be Eduardo, Beatrice would be Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi and her children would share the same surname with Edo's son, Wolfie. (I cannot find the son's legal name now anywhere. Perhaps someone can fill us in). The children will lead private lives as private citizens but still considered to be part of the extended royal family such as the younger Chattos are.

The "royal" connection ends with Beatrice unless, for some reason, Beatrice marries someone who's title and style are recognized by the UK.

I see a lot of comparisons to the Marius situation, but will it really even get that far? By that I mean Marius has interest in him because his mother and sister are future Queens of Norway (one as consort, other as regnant). By contrast, most Brits couldn't pick Bea out of a line-up without that famous hat from William's wedding and neither she nor her children are expected to be full-time royals.

Even if Edo & Bea marry his son will live a relatively normal life because (besides Christmas at Sandringham and Trooping the Color) Beatrice's kids are destined for a normal life. No one in the media will be following Edo's son long-term unless he ends up being best-buddies with one of the Cambridge kids and is part of their set.
All his children and the one he marries will have that itallian title he has though even though it techncally wouldnt count in the UK

I'm not wary about Dara. Things have been quieter from her friends and family recently, I think it was mostly initial shock and a genuine feeling of being wronged. I don't get malicious vibes from her.

Edo himself is a little more worrisome. He and Dara started dating in early 2015 and they were engaged 3.5 years. So that means he proposed within days or weeks after meeting Dara. Then you have stories that he and Bea have gotten extremely serious after a couple months of dating. He seems to get swept away in the heady rush of new relationships, and takes things from 0 to 10 very quickly. So I'm hoping Bea is a little cautious and doesn't rush an engagement especially since they are living on different continents. Give him some time to get over his exhilaration phase and then see if his deep feelings remain.
I dont know about her I believed her right untill she kept selling her story to the press non stop, she gives me thomas markle vibes she basically sold photos of her son to the press even though she may not look at it that way at one point she did, I mean least be honest a headline that says; 'A princess stole my ex." will sell more than "A princess is dating my ex.' I mean she does get paid for these articles.

with all that said she is quite successful in her own right she always tarveling due to buuissness at nights she visits and tucks wolfe in so edo didnt kick her out as harshley as the press paints. seems like they an ok co parenting relationship good mother and father

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Harry and Meghan were engaged but beforehand even fiancées weren't invited to Sandringham. But I am thinking about the boy. He was not a child from a previous marriage ; he was born out of wedlock. The press being what it is will be savage towards the child if Bea and Edo get married. Does he get a title? Does Bea legally adopt him? Will he put in the line of succession, which I believe would take an act of Parliament? I can see the traditionalists raising a stink on all three.

??? why would he get a title??? and as for his being put in the line of succession of course not. he is not royal....nor, it appears born in marriage...

I donwith all that said she is quite successful in her own right she always tarveling due to buuissness at nights she visits and tucks wolfe in so edo didnt kick her out as harshley as the press paints. seems like they an ok co parenting relationship good mother and father
if she is always travelling for business, Im not sure how she can tuck her son in every night....

Last edited by a moderator:
The comparisons with Marius isn't in relation to the interest in him by the public or the media but rather what his standing or place would be within the royal fold.

You're correct though in stating that Beatrice and her husband (whomever he shall be) will grow up as Miss or Master/Mr. (husband's last name). Should it be Eduardo, Beatrice would be Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi and her children would share the same surname with Edo's son, Wolfie. (I cannot find the son's legal name now anywhere. Perhaps someone can fill us in). The children will lead private lives as private citizens but still considered to be part of the extended royal family such as the younger Chattos are.

The "royal" connection ends with Beatrice unless, for some reason, Beatrice marries someone who's title and style are recognized by the UK.

Apparently his name is Christopher Woolf.

Should it be Eduardo, Beatrice would be Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi [...]

Wouldn't it be the same as for Eugenie, who remained "Princess Eugenie of York" rather than "Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank?"

https://www.royal.uk/official-photographs-released-princess-eugenie-and-jack-brooksbanks-wedding

All his children and the one he marries will have that itallian title he has though even though it techncally wouldnt count in the UK

It technically wouldn't count in Italy either, as the postwar constitution abolished titles of nobility in 1948.

There are already step children in the BRF. Camilla's two, obviously, and the son of Gary Lewis who married Davina Windsor. They are not in the line of succession and they are afforded a lot of privacy.

One difference (which might or might not be significant) is that, as far as I've found, Lady Davina's stepson was living with his mother, while the Parker Bowles stepchildren were adults. Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi lives with his father and presumably would live with the princess if his father married her.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be the same as for Eugenie, who remained "Princess Eugenie of York" rather than "Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank?"

https://www.royal.uk/official-photographs-released-princess-eugenie-and-jack-brooksbanks-wedding

It technically wouldn't count in Italy either, as the postwar constitution abolished titles of nobility in 1948.

One difference (which might or might not be significant) is that, as far as I've found, Lady Davina's stepson was living with his mother, while the Parker Bowles stepchildren were adults. Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi lives with his father and presumably would live with the princess if his father married her.
No one is issued to be The Count or Countess of Mozzi with special legal status, yep, there is no one main title holder true, but they are counts and contessas of Mozzi every family member has that title , though its a title without a legal hold.

I see a lot of comparisons to the Marius situation, but will it really even get that far? By that I mean Marius has interest in him because his mother and sister are future Queens of Norway (one as consort, other as regnant). By contrast, most Brits couldn't pick Bea out of a line-up without that famous hat from William's wedding and neither she nor her children are expected to be full-time royals.

Even if Edo & Bea marry his son will live a relatively normal life because (besides Christmas at Sandringham and Trooping the Color) Beatrice's kids are destined for a normal life. No one in the media will be following Edo's son long-term unless he ends up being best-buddies with one of the Cambridge kids and is part of their set.

I agree. The only reason why Marius has more of an interest in Norway is due to his parents being the future monarchs. If he were, say, Martha Louise's step son, there would be less of an interest in him due to her place in the succession.
If they were to marry; Beatrice and Edo's children would be mentioned here and there in a few articles about the couple but the average person wouldn't know who they were as they probably only vaguely know who Beatrice is.

Last edited:
No one is issued to be The Count or Countess of Mozzi with special legal status, yep, there is no one main title holder true, but they are counts and contessas of Mozzi every family member has that title , though its a title without a legal hold.

That was indeed the case when Italy had a recognized nobility, but now that the title legally does not exist, there is no rule anymore which obliges any member of the family to have it. We will have to wait and see whether Edo Mapelli Mozzi ever uses it, since according to the press reports he seems to use "Mr. Edo Mapelli Mozzi" where his job is concerned.

That was indeed the case when Italy had a recognized nobility, but now that the title legally does not exist, there is no rule anymore which obliges any member of the family to have it. We will have to wait and see whether Edo Mapelli Mozzi ever uses it, since according to the press reports he seems to use "Mr. Edo Mapelli Mozzi" where his job is concerned.
Hmm true, he probably doesnt use it, he's not close with his biological father, so i dont think he uses it, like you say goes by Edo Mozzi of course he never had a real reason to use it as he's never actually been married and such interestresting circumstances indeed a waiting game

Though I do think it will take a few years 3 at most of getting to know each other and all that before we hear wedding bells IF they make it that far down the mile, but then again they might surprise us

Last edited:
Since Edo never married his former girlfriend, how does that affect, or would it affect Wolfie's title and status should Edo have another son borne in wedlock?

Whatever "title" that Edo has would only pass to a legitimate son. As Edo's title actually isn't a recognized one, I don't see where it would really make a difference. In the UK, I believe if he married Beatrice, her title would be Princess Beatrice of York, Mrs. Eduardo Mozzi similar to Eugene.

True it is moot if its an Italian title, since Italy is a republic... If he had a british title, and had not married his girlfirend but they had a son.. the title could only pass to a son born in marriage....

Edo and Beatrice on their first official public outing together at the National Portrait Gallery gala. They look good together. The fact that they knew each other previously but something only sparked between them recently is interesting. Maybe they knew each other but never previously had actually spent a lot of time together, plus they were probably in other relationships at the time.

This video report inaccurately states that Edo has a daughter:

Whatever "title" that Edo has would only pass to a legitimate son. As Edo's title actually isn't a recognized one, I don't see where it would really make a difference. In the UK, I believe if he married Beatrice, her title would be Princess Beatrice of York, Mrs. Eduardo Mozzi similar to Eugene.

Interestingly, for the moment, Princess Eugenie of York seems to have been given permission not to add Mrs. Jack Brooksbank onto her name (for instance, see the recent press release about the exhibition of the wedding outfits:
Wedding outfits of HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack...). :flowers: It will be interesting to see whether that will change once she and her husband have children, but if not, I can imagine Princess Beatrice being treated in the same way.

Edo and Beatrice on their first official public outing together at the National Portrait Gallery gala. They look good together. l]

I don't know; something about him makes me uneasy.
I hope things work out for Beatrice, but I have doubts about this man.

I don't know; something about him makes me uneasy.
I hope things work out for Beatrice, but I have doubts about this man.

Beatrice is an adult and can make her own choices. It is still too early to tell if this relationship will endure, but, if it does and they end up getting married, the worst thing that can happen is a divorce, which frankly is no big deal today.

Beatrice is an adult and can make her own choices. It is still too early to tell if this relationship will endure, but, if it does and they end up getting married, the worst thing that can happen is a divorce, which frankly is no big deal today.

This is it in a nutshell. They won't know if the relationship is one that will endure unless they take the risk and actively see how far it goes. Some relationships just aren't right or are even appealing at a certain point in life and as they grow older, it becomes a perfect match and things come together. Both Beatrice and Edo were involved in long term relationships that fizzled out. It left them free to find each other again and pursue a relationship.

@Tatiana Maria about Eugenie's title. Officially on legal papers she may be Princess Eugenie of York, Mrs. Brooksbank but most places just use Princess Eugenie of York. I imagine it would be the same for Beatrice. Case in point, how often do we really hear Princess Margaret referred to as Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowden?

Interestingly, for the moment, Princess Eugenie of York seems to have been given permission not to add Mrs. Jack Brooksbank onto her name (for instance, see the recent press release about the exhibition of the wedding outfits:
Wedding outfits of HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack...). :flowers: It will be interesting to see whether that will change once she and her husband have children, but if not, I can imagine Princess Beatrice being treated in the same way.

Although Eugenie and Beatrice would need permission to drop the HRH or the Princess part of their identity, surely, as grown women, it is entirely down to their own choice whether they take their husband's surname or not?

Although Eugenie and Beatrice would need permission to drop the HRH or the Princess part of their identity, surely, as grown women, it is entirely down to their own choice whether they take their husband's surname or not?

Sadly, it is at least not entirely down to their own choice. Please see my response in the thread for Questions About British Styles and Titles.

Last edited:
This is 6 months from when they allegedly met. And people said the BRF was concerned that Harry and Meghan was moving too fast . The Sussexes were dating a year and a half before announcing their engagement. Granted as eighth in line to the throne Bea doesn't need the queen's permission to marry the circumstances will be grist for the gossip mill.

I highly doubt that this is true.

This is 6 months from when they allegedly met. And people said the BRF was concerned that Harry and Meghan was moving too fast . The Sussexes were dating a year and a half before announcing their engagement. Granted as eighth in line to the throne Bea doesn't need the queen's permission to marry the circumstances will be grist for the gossip mill.

I thought that he was a family friend...

More significant than position in the line to the throne is the expectation that irrespective of whom Princess Beatrice marries, her spouse will not gain a royal title, work for the royal firm, and represent Britain, as has always been expected of whomever Prince Harry married.

The relationship began six months ago, but the couple have known one another for years.

Last edited:
They are both adults and very far from the throne. Princess Beatrice is not even expected to become a full-time working royal ever (although I personally think that is a wrong call by the BRF).

In any case, their situation is very different from Harry and Meghan's. If they want to live together, or get engaged, or get married, that is their own business and nobody else's.

They started dating in November. But they have known each other for years.

But even if the rumors are true he moved in, that doesn't mean they will be engaged soon. Remember how many rumors for at least 2 years that Eugenie was about to get engaged? And Bea and Dave? The DM is rarely right on this.

I don't expect at 30 she will have a long dating like she did with Dave, or her cousins did. But I don't see them being engaged that quickly either.

But there are plenty of people who get engaged in less then a year. Time isn't always a reflection of stability of a relationship.

I thought that he was a family friend...

He is. Or at least his family is. Ed's stepfather was sir Christopher Shale. Fergie worked for a short time for Christopher before she married Andrew. The entire York family attended Christopher's funeral in 2011.

Given that there is a child involved I hope they take their time to figure out whether this truly is 'for life'.

Given that there is a child involved I hope they take their time to figure out whether this truly is 'for life'.

Sorry, but I am not sufficiently familiar with Edo's backstory as I only follow this thread occasionally. Doesn't the child live with the biological mother ? I don't see the connection you are trying to make between the existence of a child from a previous relationship and Beatrice and Edo having to take their time to move in together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom