Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranter

Imperial Majesty
City
Midwest
Country
United States
Saw a comment today on Twitter that Beatrice *may* be dating Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi ..anyone else seen/heard anything?

LaRae

:previous: The Mail, Sun and Express all reported on this, so you are not alone.

I had not seen anything about this guy and Beatrice before, but I hope if it is true, that he is a nice guy and treats her well.

Saw a comment today on Twitter that Beatrice *may* be dating Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi ..anyone else seen/heard anything?

LaRae

Millionaire property developer.

Divorced with two year old son. Dating Beatrice for only two months, but it is supposedly quite serious. Her parents like him.

:previous: I did indeed Pranter...and I was wondering if it was being discussed here. This guy is gorgeous, young and FILTHY rich...all I can say is GO BEA!!

And take THAT Dave Clark.;)

On a more sober note...he is divorced, he has a child, and he is almost certainly a Catholic. ...which might complicate things for them.

I don't think the divorced or Catholic or having a child will be an issue at all. All of the Queen's children bar one have been divorced and 2 remarried. The Catholic issue won't be an issue at all anymore after the law was changed...and Beatrice is falling further down the line every year at this point. I can't imagine the child thing would be an issue...it hasn't been for any of the other royals who have married someone with children.

We'll just have to see if it's even true to begin with!

LaRae

The only way to verify this story will be with an appearance.

This guy Mozzi was not on the guest list for Eugenie's wedding and if he was that serious he would have been there, especially if he met the parents.

This is what Beatrice is going to have to put up with now she is the only single adult cousin left, the press are going to constantly try and match her with people. I guess we will have to wait and see and if it is true hope he treats her well and makes her happy and hope Beatrice doesn't feel the pressure to rush into anything too fast.

Last edited:
This guy Mozzi was not on the guest list for Eugenie's wedding and if he was that serious he would have been there, especially if he met the parents.

If he had only been dating Bea for two months it's highly unlikely he would have been invited to the wedding. Meeting the parents is another matter.

No the royals don't have a no ring no bring rule. But it usually requires a bit more commitment to get a wedding invite.

Also if they are quite new they may not want the speculation of him being there. Besides at the ceremony he would have been alone. He may have attended the evening event or the next day. Who knows.

I don't know if I believe it but I don't think it requires photographs. After all the media intrusion with Dave, Bea may want it quieter.

Beatrice needs to talk to Harry/Meghan (if she hasn't already) to see how to keep flying under radar...IF this is true.

LaRae

Can someone give me the cliff notes version of his dad’s - whom I think is Count Alexander Mapelli-Mozzi - title?
So far all I can find is dad skied for Britain in the 1972 Olympics and currently lives in France. I know nothing about Italian titles and am curious.
It appears Beatrice and Edoardo have at least bumped into each other at a few events in the past, although at the time she would have been with Dave and he, I assume, w/ the mother of his 2 yr. old son.

Since he has a child I'm a little surprised that he lives in a one-bedroom apartment.

Looking up pictures of Alexander Mapelli-Mozzi, Edoardo looks so much like him. Strong father-son resemblance.

My guess is his son shares his room when he visits...can't be that uncommon.

LaRae

Can someone give me the cliff notes version of his dad’s - whom I think is Count Alexander Mapelli-Mozzi - title?
So far all I can find is dad skied for Britain in the 1972 Olympics and currently lives in France. I know nothing about Italian titles and am curious.
It appears Beatrice and Edoardo have at least bumped into each other at a few events in the past, although at the time she would have been with Dave and he, I assume, w/ the mother of his 2 yr. old son.

Indeed. Beatrice attended his stepfather's funeral back in 2011.

I found this rumor interesting as it was so random and left field, we shall see what ends up being the truth, i have a hunch it's true

Edo and his biologocal father are not close though he was quoted saying when his stepfather died “He was a father to me, the only father I have ever known, and a father to all three of us — the best father we could ever have.”

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes sense they would have known each other simply due to the social circles they all move in. Just have to see if the 'know socially' has move into dating.

LaRae

I hope the rumours are true (if not, that she finds someone for her soon) as I'd love to see Beatrice settle down with someone who makes her happy, especially after her break up with Dave Clark.

Last edited:
I would be concerned about his divorce so soon after the birth of a child. Doesn’t sound like much of a commitment to marriage and parenthood.

I hope the rumours are true as I'd love to see Beatrice settle down with someone who makes her happy, especially after her break up with Dave Clark (on her birthday, out of all days!).

They didn't break-up on her birthday. They split in july and it was made public to the media a couple days before her birthday in August.

I would be concerned about his divorce so soon after the birth of a child. Doesn’t sound like much of a commitment to marriage and parenthood.

His marriage history is a little weird. His sister, Natalia, had her engagement publicly announced back in 2012 but from him everything was really quiet. I wonder if his son's mother was just a girlfriend, or if they married just because of the pregnancy. It's a little odd.

His marriage history is a little weird. His sister, Natalia, had her engagement publicly announced back in 2012 but from him everything was really quiet. I wonder if his son's mother was just a girlfriend, or if they married just because of the pregnancy. It's a little odd.

Thats what i considered too perhaps both felt obligated to marry because of the pregnancy but found out soon they were better off divorced.

Just because he's divorced doenst mean he's not an active father ya know.

I hope that in a way the rumors are true and that they are happy together. Many marry due to unplanned pregnancy, etc., but at least he gave the child a proper name and I am sure paying for his upkeep and will be a force in the child's life. Many dead beats don't. To me that shows responsibility and maturity. Like him more for it. If Beatrice acknowledges and is fine with the situation, bravo. I truly would like to see her happy as she has been mocked quite a lot in media and by others for her eyes being very large [nothing she can help] and interesting sense of style. Don't enjoy bullying of any type and I believe she has gotten quite a lot over the years. JMHO

Edoardo's grandmother might be the late Nobile Antonia Mapelli-Mozzi (Milan 21 February 1929-3 May 2017; daughter of Count Luigi Mapelli-Mozzi [8 January 1894-29 June 1948] and Nobile Maria Mercedes Baroli [d.25 June 1979], who married on 11 November 1919).

In this case, Edoardo would be descended in the female line from the Mapelli-Mozzi family.

Source: Annuario della Nobiltà Italiana (2010)

I'm having flashbacks to a thread where each and every woman that looked sideways at Harry was halfway down the aisle with Harry to the altar.

So..... to perhaps give Beatrice a bit of good luck in finding Mr. Right I'm going to say the same thing for Beatrice that I did for Harry.

Beatrice needs to get a dog. :D

I don't think the divorced or Catholic or having a child will be an issue at all. All of the Queen's children bar one have been divorced and 2 remarried. The Catholic issue won't be an issue at all anymore after the law was changed...and Beatrice is falling further down the line every year at this point. I can't imagine the child thing would be an issue...it hasn't been for any of the other royals who have married someone with children.

We'll just have to see if it's even true to begin with!

LaRae

Just out of curiosity, if Princess Beatrice married Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, would she be the first Princess of the United Kingdom, England, or Scotland to marry a divorcé and/or the first to marry a man with children?

I'm having flashbacks to a thread where each and every woman that looked sideways at Harry was halfway down the aisle with Harry to the altar.

So..... to perhaps give Beatrice a bit of good luck in finding Mr. Right I'm going to say the same thing for Beatrice that I did for Harry.

Beatrice needs to get a dog. :D

Beatrice already has dogs. ;)

And the difference with her and Harry is that there were constant rumors about Harry. With Beatrice she's been single for over 2 years and this is only the 2nd or 3rd guy that has been linked to her in that time. That infrequency makes each rumor carry more weight. Now I think all that tabloid talk about them being super serious and ready to sprint down the aisle, all that is likely a big exaggeration. Especially since he's in London and she's in NYC. But I wouldn't be surprised if they've been casually dating for a few months. We'll have to see if there are any future developments there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom