Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very informative. So he does descend from the paternal line instead of a maternal line of the family like someone suggested earlier in this thread.

From this it doesn't look like his father remarried, so maybe no paternal half-siblings.

It's possible, if he hadn't, he couldn't get a decree of nullity, or perhaps he just never wanted to re marry.

LaRae

Last edited:
The news articles don't make it seem like the couple is talking marriage already, it makes it sound like friends of the couple wouldn't be surprised if marriage was in their near future. It could be friends are doing some wishful thinking, they saw Dave get engaged after only about 6-9 months of dating and maybe they think Beatrice might do something similar. But since Beatrice lives in NYC and Edo lives in London and there is a child involved, I think these friends may have to wait awhile. If they are dating, I'm not expecting any engagement until they're living on the same continent.

For the tabloids, there's no fun in writing about a "early stages, just enjoying each other's company" story for more than a few weeks/months before "friends" start predicting imminent engagements and they start speculating on everything else, regardless of where the couple is in their relationship. Especially as she's now the only unmarried adult cousin and York weddings have been shown to garner interest/controversy.

Should it get that far I think an official announcement would only come when they had decided on living arrangements but like Harry and Meghan it would be unofficially agreed between them before then.

Unfortunately if they *aren't* engaged by sometime next year look for a plethora of "poor Bea" articles. Again regardless of where the couple actually is. Plus "Eugenie fuming because Aristocracy, why can't Jack get a title etc".

I’m trying not to jump to conclusions guys ,but I noticed Sarah follows Edo (Princess Bearice’s Alleged Boyfriend.) on twitter and instagram and Edo follows Bea on instagram and twitter, very interesting indeed, but then again he is a family friend. I’m just glad for her.
https://image.ibb.co/fnBZ4q/Screen-Shot-2018-11-21-at-1-21-38-AM.png

https://image.ibb.co/jAFxqV/Screen-Shot-2018-11-21-at-1-33-51-AM.png

https://image.ibb.co/kTEAcA/Screen-Shot-2018-11-21-at-1-39-55-AM.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DshLLAsU0AAeSzd.jpg

Last edited:
is this true?IF they are indeed together and IF they end up married she'd be known as HRH, Princess Beatrice of York, Contessa Mozzi. Doesnt his father have to be deceased so he could have the title? Did I get that right ? I dont even know if Britain would acknowledge this title

Unofficially maybe, but not legally because foreign titles aren't legally useable in the UK. I don't believe his title is even official/legal in Italy any more either. I assume she'd follow Eugenie's lead and officially keep the Of York.

is this true?IF they are indeed together and IF they end up married she'd be known as HRH, Princess Beatrice of York, Contessa Mozzi. Doesnt his father have to be deceased so he could have the title? Did I get that right ? I dont even know if Britain would acknowledge this title

Scroll to the bottom of the post to see scanned pages from the poster's (authoritative) sources. Some Italian titles aren't like British peerages where there is only one titleholder. In the Mozzi family every member is a Conte or Contessa. But no one is THE Conte with a special legal status.

:previous:

Yes, I was curious about both histories: marriages of British princesses to single fathers (divorced, widowed, or unmarried) as well as marriages of British princesses to divorcés. It seems Frederick of Württemberg was the most recent father of children to marry a Princess of Great Britain (in 1797), although as Kataryn pointed out, Lady Louise Mountbatten was a member of the British royal family and married a widower with children, and seeing that the Swedish Royal House viewed the marriage as equal, presumably they saw her as royal.

Is it correct that until now, no divorcé or single father who was not a widower (not including cases such as Antony Armstrong-Jones in which the father did not acknowledge his biological child) has married a British princess?

You have to go all the way back to 1502 when Margaret Tudor (daughter of Henry VII and sister of Henry VIII) married James IV of Scotland, a bachelor with several illegitimate children.

In 1387 Philippa of Lancaster (granddaughter of Edward III, first cousin of the then reigning king Richard II, and sister of the future Henry IV) married King John I of Portugal, a bachelor with a 10-year-old illegitimate son. The son was Afonso, 1st Duke of Braganza, whose descendants became Kings of Portugal in 1640.

There are other examples where the bridegroom was a widower or whose previous marriages had been annulled.

Very informative. So he does descend from the paternal line instead of a maternal line of the family like someone suggested earlier in this thread.

From this it doesn't look like his father remarried, so maybe no paternal half-siblings.

The source used to compile the genealogy was published 2000-2004 (scroll to the bottom of the post) so the father may have remarried since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary Tudor, the sister of Henry VIII, married the widowed Louis XII of France as his third wife. He had two daughters. Also Henry's daughter Queen Mary married King Philip of Spain who was widowed with a son.

Mary Tudor, the sister of Henry VIII, married the widowed Louis XII of France as his third wife. He had two daughters. Also Henry's daughter Queen Mary married King Philip of Spain who was widowed with a son.

Mary Tudor's second husband Charles Brandon had an even more complicated marital career. He was betrothed to Anne Browne, who became pregnant, but threw her over to marry her stepmother's sister, a wealthy widow. That marriage was soon annulled and he then married Anne who by that time had given birth to a daughter. Anne died shortly after the birth of a second daughter and Brandon then became betrothed to an orphaned eight-year-old heiress (even taking her title) but dumped her to marry Mary Tudor.

Meanwhile, his first wife was still alive and in response to concerns over the legality of Brandon's subsequent marriages, the Pope confirmed the validity of the original annulment.

Less than three months after Mary Tudor's death, the 48-year-old Brandon married yet another heiress, 13-year-old Catherine Willoughby.

I hope Princess Beatrice doesn't get mixed up with a chap like that. ?

Nothing has been confirmed and folks are digging into the mans background and ancestry.

I know...when there's pics of them out together I'll believe it

LaRae

Mary Tudor's second husband Charles Brandon had an even more complicated marital career. He was betrothed to Anne Browne, who became pregnant, but threw her over to marry her stepmother's sister, a wealthy widow. That marriage was soon annulled and he then married Anne who by that time had given birth to a daughter. Anne died shortly after the birth of a second daughter and Brandon then became betrothed to an orphaned eight-year-old heiress (even taking her title) but dumped her to marry Mary Tudor.

Meanwhile, his first wife was still alive and in response to concerns over the legality of Brandon's subsequent marriages, the Pope confirmed the validity of the original annulment.

Less than three months after Mary Tudor's death, the 48-year-old Brandon married yet another heiress, 13-year-old Catherine Willoughby.

I hope Princess Beatrice doesn't get mixed up with a chap like that. ?

Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk has always given me the creeps mainly because he married a 13 year old when he was 48... but I knew NOTHING about the "betrothal" to the 8 year old...I mean I know those were different times and it wasn't considered all that bad but still....:eek:

Last edited:
Nothing has been confirmed and folks are digging into the mans background and ancestry.

The people who are digging into his background and ancestry are people who enjoy researching aristocrats and their families anyway. A possible connection with a member with the BRF, no matter how tenuous, simply gives them another reason to share their wealth of knowledge with others.

:previous: Exactly....it's the reason I joined TRF...Royal history and genealogy
with some gossip and fashion chat thrown in to lighten things up;)

Edo has a really interesting lineage, and for that matter so does Jack Brooksbank.

The Duke of York must be very pleased.:cool:

Last edited:
Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk has always given me the creeps mainly because he married a 13 year old when he was 48...I knew NOTHING about the "betrothal" to the 8 year old...I mean I know those were different times and it wasn't considered all that bad but still....:eek:

Still going on today....

LaRae

Scroll to the bottom of the post to see scanned pages from the poster's (authoritative) sources. Some Italian titles aren't like British peerages where there is only one titleholder. In the Mozzi family every member is a Conte or Contessa. But no one is THE Conte with a special legal status.

Yes, exactly. The same situation in Belgium in the family of Stephanie de Lannoy(now HGD of Luxembourg)

The comital title that was bestowed on the de Lannoy family by the Holy Roman Emperor is used by every member of the family male and female in the centuries since.

The people who are digging into his background and ancestry are people who enjoy researching aristocrats and their families anyway. A possible connection with a member with the BRF, no matter how tenuous, simply gives them another reason to share their wealth of knowledge with others.

I understand that, but I just think it’s wise to wait for something to be confirmed first.

I understand that, but I just think it’s wise to wait for something to be confirmed first.

Many of the discussions on Royal Forums deal with hypothetical situations. For example, after Harry and Meghan's engagement was announced members discussed potential child custody issues that might arise if they ever divorced and Meghan wanted to move back to the U.S. with their children. Right now there is a debate on whether or not William will be invested as Prince of Wales in a ceremony similar to Charles's.

The possibility that Beatrice might be involved with a foreign aristocrat, no matter how remote, gives members a chance to discuss relevant issues - is he truly a count, would Beatrice be allowed to use his title, what ramifications if any would there be if he is Roman Catholic, have other British princesses married men with children, etc. There's no harm in that and it doesn't mean members are treating the rumors as fact.

:previous: Exactly....it's the reason I joined TRF...Royal history and genealogy
with some gossip and fashion chat thrown in to lighten things up;)

Edo has a really interesting lineage, and for that matter so does Jack Brooksbank.

The Duke of York must be very pleased.:cool:

Previously there had been mention of Prince Andrew wanting his sons-in-law to receive a title. Edoardo already has a title.

Previously there had been mention of Prince Andrew wanting his sons-in-law to receive a title. Edoardo already has a title.

I don't think the title is as important to the Duke of York as the means to support his daughter, and the couple's compatibility. Discretion would be a welcome attribute as well. Dave was a bit of a show pony.

It's just for fun so what's the harm in that. This is nothing compared to the Twitter meltdown we had a few years ago when Astrid Bernadotte married a Bruti Liberati in Florence wearing her grandmother's bridal crown in the presence of members of the Swedish Royal Family. That was a long and very amusing day with people trying to get info about that family.
The true meltdown happened late at night when the bride was photographed wearing what some thought was a tiara previously owned by Tsarina Alexandra.

That is interesting. I was tweeting with someone about Edo's title the day the story broke. While Italy, for historical reasons, have several different systems regarding the nobility he would according to the most common system, and I believe according to the system set in place by the Savoy kings, be a "Don Edoardo dei Conti Mappello Mozzi" instead of being an outright count himself.
Great find and thanks to the one who originally posted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is interesting. I was tweeting with someone about Edo's title the day the story broke. While Italy, for historical reasons, have several different systems regarding the nobility he would according to the most common system, and I believe according to the system set in place by the Savoy kings, be a "Don Edoardo dei Conti Mappello Mozzi" instead of being an outright count himself.
Great find and thanks to the one who originally posted it.

I know nothing about Italian titles so I might be completely wrong about this. The original poster included scanned images of the sources he consulted. The name of the every male in the family is preceded by "Co." Is that an abbreviation for count? If so, it seems that every male in the family is a count but the females aren't countesses.

The article also begins with this statement, in Italian:

"Nob. (mf), co. (m), per succ. Mozzi con R.D. 13 mar. 1913 e R.R.L.L.P.P 17 lug. 1913."

Does this mean females in the family have the status of nobile [noble] while the males are counts?

So according to the media Wolfie's mother is Dara Huang. I had a feeling she was the ex-gf because looking at Edo's twitter he used to retweet her quite a bit, plus her pictures from 2016 show her looking pregnant.

The media still hasn't dug up this mysterious, alleged ex-wife, I'm starting to think he was never married.

Last edited:
I know nothing about Italian titles so I might be completely wrong about this. The original poster included scanned images of the sources he consulted. The name of the every male in the family is preceded by "Co." Is that an abbreviation for count? If so, it seems that every male in the family is a count but the females aren't countesses.

The article also begins with this statement, in Italian:

"Nob. (mf), co. (m), per succ. Mozzi con R.D. 13 mar. 1913 e R.R.L.L.P.P 17 lug. 1913."

Does this mean females in the family have the status of nobile [noble] while the males are counts?

Indeed.

The male members of the family are "Conte Nobile," while the female members of the family are "Nobile."

So according to the media Wolfie's mother is Dara Huang. I had a feeling she was the ex-gf because looking at Edo's twitter he used to retweet her quite a bit, plus her pictures from 2016 show her looking pregnant.

The media still hasn't dug up this mysterious, alleged ex-wife, I'm starting to think he was never married.

Another stellar reporting job from the DM who have quotes from her mother. Sigh. I suppose it was too much to hope that the kid's family (and the kid himself) would be left out of this when it's not even confirmed they're dating. She doesn't deserve to get harassed over who her ex is/might be dating.

I suspect there isn't an ex wife but initial reports were confused because he has a son.

If there was an earlier marriage, the press will find it!

Well that didn't take long. The Fail has already tagged the guy as a cad before it's official that he and Bea are dating. If this is true - that he broke things off with this woman one month before dating Bea it's not good. And if the ex-gf goes to the press and alleges overlap (Edo and Bea were hooking up on her watch) it becomes a like mother like daughter cheating scandal :ohmy:.

I'm just ignoring the media on this situation...until I see pics of them together.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom