The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Majesty

Oh wow...I don't think Edo and Dave have anything in common physically except perhaps middling height.

Edo is very handsome. Dave is...average looking to be charitable imo.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Is Edouardo's stepparent Catholic?

Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Still not sure it's true though....I'm waiting to see a pic of them together.

LaRae
Sarah is pretty good at shooting down untrue rumors when it comes to her and her daughters. So her staying silent even though this story has spread all over the place - including foreign media outlets, makes me think there is some truth here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Which stepparent? His deceased stepfather was Anglican. His new stepfather is from Northern Ireland, so likely he is protestant too.

I have no idea about any stepmother, but it doesn't sound like he has contact with his father anyway.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Edoardo would be more than likely be Roman Catholic, being a member of an Italian comital family, as he is.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Edoardo would be more than likely be Roman Catholic, being a member of an Italian comital family, as he is.
But apparently he grew up with his mother and stepfather who are Anglican. So, he could be either Roman Catholic because his father wanted him to be baptized Catholic or he could be Anglican because of his mother's background or because he later joined the Anglican church growing up in an Anglican household.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Oh wow...I don't think Edo and Dave have anything in common physically except perhaps middling height.

Edo is very handsome. Dave is...average looking to be charitable imo.

I agree...don't see anything in common between the two men..other than maybe their height.

LARae

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Sarah is pretty good at shooting down untrue rumors when it comes to her and her daughters. So her staying silent even though this story has spread all over the place - including foreign media outlets, makes me think there is some truth here.

I guess I don't recall her 'shooting down' dating rumors about the girls before. I agree it could be true...I just won't believe it till it's confirmed. The media is quick to try and pair her up.

LaRae
Old 11-19-2018, 07:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I guess I don't recall her 'shooting down' dating rumors about the girls before. I agree it could be true...I just won't believe it till it's confirmed. The media is quick to try and pair her up.

LaRae
She shot down dating rumors about herself. And she shot down the Eugenie and Jack engagement rumors from 2016.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I knew about the engagement rumors that she commented on. I just don't recall her really having much to say to the media about the girls dating or not dating anyone.

LaRae
Old 11-19-2018, 08:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I knew about the engagement rumors that she commented on. I just don't recall her really having much to say to the media about the girls dating or not dating anyone.

LaRae
Well, she hasn't had much opportunity. Eugenie's been with Jack since early 2010 and Beatrice was with Dave from the age of 18 until just 2 years ago. So with what little opportunity she's had she's been good at denying untrue rumors.

Given that this story has spread all over the place including major American outlets, and given that she knows Edo's family really well. It would be easy for her to put the fire out and say "We're very fond of Edo but he's just a family friend." Her staying silent while the media digs in, that is interesting.

We don't know if the story is true or not. But the lack of denials for me makes it lean towards truth. You seem to lean towards false. That's cool.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:10 PM
Aristocracy

i find it very interesting that her alleged boyfried has yet to deny rumors *strokes imaginary beard. usually when the press claiming she is dating her friendsthe alleged boyfriends are quick to clear things up not this time around. If all this istrue they at least have quite a few things in common including chairity work as he has been invovlved in charity endvears in the past
Old 11-19-2018, 09:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

The media is so often wrong I almost always lean the opposite direction when they start pairing royals up. If they are really dating we'll see proof of it soon enough.

LaRae
Old 11-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Aristocracy

maybe

Quote:
The media is so often wrong I almost always lean the opposite direction when they start pairing royals up. If they are really dating we'll see proof of it soon enough.
LaRae
Agreed more often than not they are totally way off base, especially when it comes to the yorks,but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Remember how it was reported bea was going to move to NYC. They were right that time around and I was skypitcal the whole time and things werent even comfired until we got pics we shall see
Old 11-19-2018, 10:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yep...that's why I keep saying...I'm waiting on pics, if they are an item sooner or later they will be seen out together!

LaRae
Old 11-19-2018, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness

I think she may be actually dating this guy, but I don't believe they are close to marriage like the Daily Mail suggests. That was probably just to stir up gossip. They've only been together a couple months, if the rumours are true.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:32 PM
Majesty

Well....this Edo/Bea story is a hot, trending item now. And it's not just tabloid fodder at this point.

If it is indeed just a rumor, I would hope and expect that someone from either side would do or say at least something to squelch it.

If I had to guess, I would say it's probably true.

ETA: No way do I believe that they are talking marriage BUT...I also do not believe that Beatrice is down for another long, nowhere romance. If this one doesn't pan out for her in the next 6 months or so I don't think she will stay.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-19-2018, 11:47 PM
Royal Highness

I doubt many couples begin talking marriage two months into a relationship. Perhaps mutual commitment, but not marriage.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Well....this Edo/Bea story is a hot, trending item now. And it's not just tabloid fodder at this point.

If it is indeed just a rumor, I would hope and expect that someone from either side would do or say at least something to squelch it.

If I had to guess, I would say it's probably true.

ETA: No way do I believe that they are talking marriage BUT...I also do not believe that Beatrice is down for another long, nowhere romance. If this one doesn't pan out for her in the next 6 months or so I don't think she will stay.
I agree, if she wants a future that includes marriage then I think she’s not going to dawdle in a relationship that isn’t headed in that direction. It may take more than six months to know, though, given that they live on two different continents. Unfortunate that it has hit the tabloids, as that puts added pressure on a new romance - remember how the scrutiny chased off Harry’s ex gfs, not saying that’s the only reason, but both ex gfs said they hated the intrusion from the press. And of course the press digs up every tiny detail about the Royal’s partner’s family too, although they are worse about the female partners and their families than they were about Zara & Eugenie’s husbands.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:02 AM
Royal Highness

The news articles don't make it seem like the couple is talking marriage already, it makes it sound like friends of the couple wouldn't be surprised if marriage was in their near future. It could be friends are doing some wishful thinking, they saw Dave get engaged after only about 6-9 months of dating and maybe they think Beatrice might do something similar. But since Beatrice lives in NYC and Edo lives in London and there is a child involved, I think these friends may have to wait awhile. If they are dating, I'm not expecting any engagement until they're living on the same continent.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Charlotte, Princess Royal (1766-1828) married King Frederick I of Wurtemberg who had three children from an earlier marriage.
Charlottes husband was a widower. He was not a divorcee. It was a very common event to be a second or third wife back in the day when many Royal wives died young. Definitely different then marrying a divorced man, commoner or not.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Charlottes husband was a widower. He was not a divorcee. It was a very common event to be a second or third wife back in the day when many Royal wives died young. Definitely different then marrying a divorced man, commoner or not.
I replied to a question if any British princess had ever married a divorcée or a man who had children.
I'm just as aware of the history of marriage as you apparently are.