The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I hope the rumours are true as I'd love to see Beatrice settle down with someone who makes her happy, especially after her break up with Dave Clark (on her birthday, out of all days!).
They didn't break-up on her birthday. They split in july and it was made public to the media a couple days before her birthday in August.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
They didn't break-up on her birthday. They split in july and it was made public to the media a couple days before her birthday in August.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the correction.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-18-2018, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I would be concerned about his divorce so soon after the birth of a child. Doesn’t sound like much of a commitment to marriage and parenthood.
His marriage history is a little weird. His sister, Natalia, had her engagement publicly announced back in 2012 but from him everything was really quiet. I wonder if his son's mother was just a girlfriend, or if they married just because of the pregnancy. It's a little odd.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
His marriage history is a little weird. His sister, Natalia, had her engagement publicly announced back in 2012 but from him everything was really quiet. I wonder if his son's mother was just a girlfriend, or if they married just because of the pregnancy. It's a little odd.
Thats what i considered too perhaps both felt obligated to marry because of the pregnancy but found out soon they were better off divorced.

Just because he's divorced doenst mean he's not an active father ya know.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

I hope that in a way the rumors are true and that they are happy together. Many marry due to unplanned pregnancy, etc., but at least he gave the child a proper name and I am sure paying for his upkeep and will be a force in the child's life. Many dead beats don't. To me that shows responsibility and maturity. Like him more for it. If Beatrice acknowledges and is fine with the situation, bravo. I truly would like to see her happy as she has been mocked quite a lot in media and by others for her eyes being very large [nothing she can help] and interesting sense of style. Don't enjoy bullying of any type and I believe she has gotten quite a lot over the years. JMHO
Old 11-18-2018, 07:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Can someone give me the cliff notes version of his dad’s - whom I think is Count Alexander Mapelli-Mozzi - title?
So far all I can find is dad skied for Britain in the 1972 Olympics and currently lives in France. I know nothing about Italian titles and am curious.
It appears Beatrice and Edoardo have at least bumped into each other at a few events in the past, although at the time she would have been with Dave and he, I assume, w/ the mother of his 2 yr. old son.
Edoardo's grandmother might be the late Nobile Antonia Mapelli-Mozzi (Milan 21 February 1929-3 May 2017; daughter of Count Luigi Mapelli-Mozzi [8 January 1894-29 June 1948] and Nobile Maria Mercedes Baroli [d.25 June 1979], who married on 11 November 1919).

In this case, Edoardo would be descended in the female line from the Mapelli-Mozzi family.

Source: Annuario della Nobiltà Italiana (2010)
Old 11-18-2018, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Saw a comment today on Twitter that Beatrice *may* be dating Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi ..anyone else seen/heard anything?

LaRae

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ry-months.html
Old 11-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm having flashbacks to a thread where each and every woman that looked sideways at Harry was halfway down the aisle with Harry to the altar.

So..... to perhaps give Beatrice a bit of good luck in finding Mr. Right I'm going to say the same thing for Beatrice that I did for Harry.

Beatrice needs to get a dog.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-18-2018, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I don't think the divorced or Catholic or having a child will be an issue at all. All of the Queen's children bar one have been divorced and 2 remarried. The Catholic issue won't be an issue at all anymore after the law was changed...and Beatrice is falling further down the line every year at this point. I can't imagine the child thing would be an issue...it hasn't been for any of the other royals who have married someone with children.

We'll just have to see if it's even true to begin with!

LaRae
Just out of curiosity, if Princess Beatrice married Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, would she be the first Princess of the United Kingdom, England, or Scotland to marry a divorcé and/or the first to marry a man with children?
Old 11-18-2018, 08:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm having flashbacks to a thread where each and every woman that looked sideways at Harry was halfway down the aisle with Harry to the altar.

So..... to perhaps give Beatrice a bit of good luck in finding Mr. Right I'm going to say the same thing for Beatrice that I did for Harry.

Beatrice already has dogs.

And the difference with her and Harry is that there were constant rumors about Harry. With Beatrice she's been single for over 2 years and this is only the 2nd or 3rd guy that has been linked to her in that time. That infrequency makes each rumor carry more weight. Now I think all that tabloid talk about them being super serious and ready to sprint down the aisle, all that is likely a big exaggeration. Especially since he's in London and she's in NYC. But I wouldn't be surprised if they've been casually dating for a few months. We'll have to see if there are any future developments there.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Just out of curiosity, if Princess Beatrice married Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, would she be the first Princess of the United Kingdom, England, or Scotland to marry a divorcé and/or the first to marry a man with children?

I think so...neither of Margaret's husbands were previously married that I know....Anne's husband(s) weren't married before that I can tell.

So...unless there's another one (modern age at least) I'm not thinking of she would be the first.

LaRae
Old 11-18-2018, 08:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

She does. Two I think (Eugenie owns at least two in the photo)

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ie-royal-news/

Only one I know of is Jack the dog, Eugenies. Beatruce had a dog Max who got attacked by a corgis. But she had him since she was 13 so not sure he is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Besides the sisters the only born Royal Princess in recent decades have been Anne and Margaret. Margaret was not allowed to marry Peter in part because he was divorced. Have to remember even when Anne remarried, marrying a divorcee in the church upas not done in England. She had to marry him in Scotland where the laws were changed. The BRF has church ceremonies.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte, Princess Royal (1766-1828) married King Frederick I of Wurtemberg who had three children from an earlier marriage.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think so...neither of Margaret's husbands were previously married that I know....Anne's husband(s) weren't married before that I can tell.

So...unless there's another one (modern age at least) I'm not thinking of she would be the first.

LaRae
AFAIK, Margaret was only married once--to Antony Armstrong-Jones.

I don't see how a divorce, if indeed Edoardo was ever married to his child's mother, would be an obstacle to Beatrice marrying him, if she wishes.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ah I was thinking she married the second one, the younger guy...I forget!

LaRae
Old 11-18-2018, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Ah I was thinking she married the second one, the younger guy...I forget!

LaRae
Roddy Llewellyn? I think when Margaret was involved with him, beginning in 1973 for eight years, divorced persons remarrying in the church was still a big issue.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

LaRae

Camilla? She has two kids from her Parker-Bowles marriage.
Princess Louise von Battenberg, later Lady Louise Mountbatten? She married the widowed king of Sweden who had children from his first marriage. Okay, Lady Louise was not a British princess, but still..
Old 11-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Majesty

More information about Princess Beatrice's supposed boyfriend:

Peerage News: Count Edouard Mapelli Mozzi: Princess Beatrice's boyfriend

P.S. Edouard's bond with Wolfie's mother was a relationship, not marriage.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
More information about Princess Beatrice's supposed boyfriend:

Peerage News: Count Edouard Mapelli Mozzi: Princess Beatrice's boyfriend

P.S. Edouard's bond with Wolfie's mother was a relationship, not marriage.
Pretty detailed. Now we know he's 35 and not 34 like the articles have been claiming. Though peeragenews is still missing some info, for example that Fergie used to work for his deceased stepfather before she married Andrew, and that Fergie is godmother to Edouardo's younger half-brother Alby. Also his mother got remarried to David Williams-Ellis in 2017.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ Gosh the York's seem pretty well 'linked' in with that family already..

IF it is true, I hope they have fun together whilst deciding if they are in it 'for the long haul'