The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2019, 12:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The comparisons with Marius isn't in relation to the interest in him by the public or the media but rather what his standing or place would be within the royal fold.

You're correct though in stating that Beatrice and her husband (whomever he shall be) will grow up as Miss or Master/Mr. (husband's last name). Should it be Eduardo, Beatrice would be Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi and her children would share the same surname with Edo's son, Wolfie. (I cannot find the son's legal name now anywhere. Perhaps someone can fill us in). The children will lead private lives as private citizens but still considered to be part of the extended royal family such as the younger Chattos are.

The "royal" connection ends with Beatrice unless, for some reason, Beatrice marries someone who's title and style are recognized by the UK.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillVictoria View Post
I see a lot of comparisons to the Marius situation, but will it really even get that far? By that I mean Marius has interest in him because his mother and sister are future Queens of Norway (one as consort, other as regnant). By contrast, most Brits couldn't pick Bea out of a line-up without that famous hat from William's wedding and neither she nor her children are expected to be full-time royals.

Even if Edo & Bea marry his son will live a relatively normal life because (besides Christmas at Sandringham and Trooping the Color) Beatrice's kids are destined for a normal life. No one in the media will be following Edo's son long-term unless he ends up being best-buddies with one of the Cambridge kids and is part of their set.
All his children and the one he marries will have that itallian title he has though even though it techncally wouldnt count in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'm not wary about Dara. Things have been quieter from her friends and family recently, I think it was mostly initial shock and a genuine feeling of being wronged. I don't get malicious vibes from her.

Edo himself is a little more worrisome. He and Dara started dating in early 2015 and they were engaged 3.5 years. So that means he proposed within days or weeks after meeting Dara. Then you have stories that he and Bea have gotten extremely serious after a couple months of dating. He seems to get swept away in the heady rush of new relationships, and takes things from 0 to 10 very quickly. So I'm hoping Bea is a little cautious and doesn't rush an engagement especially since they are living on different continents. Give him some time to get over his exhilaration phase and then see if his deep feelings remain.
I dont know about her I believed her right untill she kept selling her story to the press non stop, she gives me thomas markle vibes she basically sold photos of her son to the press even though she may not look at it that way at one point she did, I mean least be honest a headline that says; 'A princess stole my ex." will sell more than "A princess is dating my ex.' I mean she does get paid for these articles.

with all that said she is quite successful in her own right she always tarveling due to buuissness at nights she visits and tucks wolfe in so edo didnt kick her out as harshley as the press paints. seems like they an ok co parenting relationship good mother and father

Old 01-07-2019, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I know Harry and Meghan were engaged but beforehand even fiancées weren't invited to Sandringham. But I am thinking about the boy. He was not a child from a previous marriage ; he was born out of wedlock. The press being what it is will be savage towards the child if Bea and Edo get married. Does he get a title? Does Bea legally adopt him? Will he put in the line of succession, which I believe would take an act of Parliament? I can see the traditionalists raising a stink on all three.
??? why would he get a title??? and as for his being put in the line of succession of course not. he is not royal....nor, it appears born in marriage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
I donwith all that said she is quite successful in her own right she always tarveling due to buuissness at nights she visits and tucks wolfe in so edo didnt kick her out as harshley as the press paints. seems like they an ok co parenting relationship good mother and father
if she is always travelling for business, Im not sure how she can tuck her son in every night....
Old 01-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The comparisons with Marius isn't in relation to the interest in him by the public or the media but rather what his standing or place would be within the royal fold.

You're correct though in stating that Beatrice and her husband (whomever he shall be) will grow up as Miss or Master/Mr. (husband's last name). Should it be Eduardo, Beatrice would be Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi and her children would share the same surname with Edo's son, Wolfie. (I cannot find the son's legal name now anywhere. Perhaps someone can fill us in). The children will lead private lives as private citizens but still considered to be part of the extended royal family such as the younger Chattos are.

The "royal" connection ends with Beatrice unless, for some reason, Beatrice marries someone who's title and style are recognized by the UK.
Apparently his name is Christopher Woolf.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Should it be Eduardo, Beatrice would be Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi [...]
Wouldn't it be the same as for Eugenie, who remained "Princess Eugenie of York" rather than "Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank?"

http://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/stat...61385251508225
https://www.royal.uk/official-photog...sbanks-wedding
https://www.facebook.com/TheRoyalAir...08956775792441

Quote:
All his children and the one he marries will have that itallian title he has though even though it techncally wouldnt count in the UK
It technically wouldn't count in Italy either, as the postwar constitution abolished titles of nobility in 1948.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
There are already step children in the BRF. Camilla's two, obviously, and the son of Gary Lewis who married Davina Windsor. They are not in the line of succession and they are afforded a lot of privacy.
One difference (which might or might not be significant) is that, as far as I've found, Lady Davina's stepson was living with his mother, while the Parker Bowles stepchildren were adults. Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi lives with his father and presumably would live with the princess if his father married her.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Wouldn't it be the same as for Eugenie, who remained "Princess Eugenie of York" rather than "Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank?"

http://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/stat...61385251508225
https://www.royal.uk/official-photog...sbanks-wedding
https://www.facebook.com/TheRoyalAir...08956775792441

It technically wouldn't count in Italy either, as the postwar constitution abolished titles of nobility in 1948.

One difference (which might or might not be significant) is that, as far as I've found, Lady Davina's stepson was living with his mother, while the Parker Bowles stepchildren were adults. Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi lives with his father and presumably would live with the princess if his father married her.
No one is issued to be The Count or Countess of Mozzi with special legal status, yep, there is no one main title holder true, but they are counts and contessas of Mozzi every family member has that title , though its a title without a legal hold.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillVictoria View Post
I see a lot of comparisons to the Marius situation, but will it really even get that far? By that I mean Marius has interest in him because his mother and sister are future Queens of Norway (one as consort, other as regnant). By contrast, most Brits couldn't pick Bea out of a line-up without that famous hat from William's wedding and neither she nor her children are expected to be full-time royals.

Even if Edo & Bea marry his son will live a relatively normal life because (besides Christmas at Sandringham and Trooping the Color) Beatrice's kids are destined for a normal life. No one in the media will be following Edo's son long-term unless he ends up being best-buddies with one of the Cambridge kids and is part of their set.
I agree. The only reason why Marius has more of an interest in Norway is due to his parents being the future monarchs. If he were, say, Martha Louise's step son, there would be less of an interest in him due to her place in the succession.
If they were to marry; Beatrice and Edo's children would be mentioned here and there in a few articles about the couple but the average person wouldn't know who they were as they probably only vaguely know who Beatrice is.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No one is issued to be The Count or Countess of Mozzi with special legal status, yep, there is no one main title holder true, but they are counts and contessas of Mozzi every family member has that title , though its a title without a legal hold.
That was indeed the case when Italy had a recognized nobility, but now that the title legally does not exist, there is no rule anymore which obliges any member of the family to have it. We will have to wait and see whether Edo Mapelli Mozzi ever uses it, since according to the press reports he seems to use "Mr. Edo Mapelli Mozzi" where his job is concerned.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
That was indeed the case when Italy had a recognized nobility, but now that the title legally does not exist, there is no rule anymore which obliges any member of the family to have it. We will have to wait and see whether Edo Mapelli Mozzi ever uses it, since according to the press reports he seems to use "Mr. Edo Mapelli Mozzi" where his job is concerned.
Hmm true, he probably doesnt use it, he's not close with his biological father, so i dont think he uses it, like you say goes by Edo Mozzi of course he never had a real reason to use it as he's never actually been married and such interestresting circumstances indeed a waiting game

Though I do think it will take a few years 3 at most of getting to know each other and all that before we hear wedding bells IF they make it that far down the mile, but then again they might surprise us
Old 01-18-2019, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

Since Edo never married his former girlfriend, how does that affect, or would it affect Wolfie's title and status should Edo have another son borne in wedlock?
Old 01-18-2019, 08:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Whatever "title" that Edo has would only pass to a legitimate son. As Edo's title actually isn't a recognized one, I don't see where it would really make a difference. In the UK, I believe if he married Beatrice, her title would be Princess Beatrice of York, Mrs. Eduardo Mozzi similar to Eugene.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

True it is moot if its an Italian title, since Italy is a republic... If he had a british title, and had not married his girlfirend but they had a son.. the title could only pass to a son born in marriage....