The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Majesty

She definitely looks like she has lost more weight.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Courtier

She may feel pressured (by herself) to be a size zero now that she is working for Sony Pictures.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with the photos, she looks thinner in the face than previous but certainly not gaunt. I've seen real "gaunt" on the models at fashion weeks.
Which is why I said "almost" gaunt.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Majesty

The other Royal: Princess Beatrice wears a black wrap dress to the National Portrait Gallery charity event attended by the Duchess of Cambridge-
Princess Beatrice wears a black wrap dress to the National Portrait Gallery charity event attended by the Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice looks nice but the dress doesn't seem quite right for such a formal event.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She knew she wasn't going to be the centre of attention and wore an elegant black cocktail dress.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the dress very elegant. She looks more put together then Catherine. And those heels!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't like the dress at all. It just doesn't flatter her figure. I'm not feeling her hair either, but I love the shoes.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Majesty

I think Beatrice looks very nice here - love her hair and style, although the dress could have been a bit longer for the occasion I think. That is how a princess should dress - elegant and understated. Beatrice is getting it right more often than wrong these days. Beatrice will still make errors of course but she is still only 25 and finding her style (seems like she and her sister are starting to realise that single colours without the flounces etc suit them much better than any other style)
Old 02-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Love the shoes! Beatrice fairly frequently wears dresses that have puffed sleeves, which IMO, should be relegated to those under 10 years of age. I just don't think they are flattering to anyone over that age.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She knew she wasn't going to be the centre of attention and wore an elegant black cocktail dress.
Princess Beatrice wears a black wrap dress to the National Portrait Gallery charity event attended by the Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online
To me it doesn't look elegant, rather it looks a bit frumpy for a black tie event. I can't decide if the dress is so weirdly wrinkled because it is poorly made, is a bad fit for Beatrice, or because she 'wrapped' it wrong. She works hard to maintain her figure, why not chose something more flattering and appropriate for the occasion? When Beatrice gets it right she looks outstanding, for me this one was a big thumbs down.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

The shoes are awful. The dress is awful.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:41 PM
Gentry

Bea has worked hard to loose weight and she has succeeded. She looks amazing. Now she just needs to start choosing clothes for her new body. She looks amazing in figure hugging dresses without the extra material. She has an amazing body, she should show it off more, I know I would
Old 02-13-2014, 12:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought Beatrice's dress was just fine for this sort of event. "Black Tie" has a very clear meaning for men: dinner suit (tuxedo to Americans). But for women there is a bit more flexibility. This was not a ball and a cocktail dress was quite appropriate dress for women, and this what Beatrice wore. I'm not a fan of the puffed sleeves and I would like to see her in something a bit sleeker around the neckline and shoulders, especially when she's worn her hair down.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Majesty

I showed the photos to my colleagues at work today as I thought the outfit looked similar to what my immediate boss at work was wearing and they agreed so I started wondering - had she gone to this function straight from Sony - had time to change her shoes but not her dress so needed a dress that was suitable for work AND for this type of function and she did nail that quite well.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:07 AM
Courtier

I don't like the dress to me it is too frumpy and too dowdy for such a young woman. I do love those shoes though.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Beatrice shows off her colourful side in florals at Creative London party

Princess Beatrice shows off her colourful side in florals at Creative London party | Royal | News | Daily Express

Quote:
Bright Beatrice: The Princess of York makes a colourful arrival to the Creative London party
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...don-party.html
Old 02-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

The blouse doesn't fit properly, and the skirt looks like she cut up a tablecloth.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the skirt, but the blouse doesn't go...
Old 02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
The blouse doesn't fit properly, and the skirt looks like she cut up a tablecloth.

That's what I thought too!
Still, at least it wasn't another black outfit.