Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This young woman has no fashion sense. I'm surprised that she has no one who could help her look fabulous especially now that she has lost weight. This poor girl needs help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

IMO, this would have looked better with a nice, closer fitting sweater. The blouse is ill fitting across the bust line, altogether "too much stuff" above the full skirt. A sleeker fitting top would have been more flattering. I personally do not care for flowered garments but I do know they have been shown recently in many magazines and fashion sites. Beatrice needs someone to help her put more "balance" in her clothes, IMO.

:previous: Gee, and here's me thinking she looked delightful and, unlike almost everybody, having changed to light florals she went with nude stockings and beautiful shoes instead of black tights and boots! :lol:

I think it's a pretty outfit and that she looks fine.

I like the blouse with the skirt. It is a pale apricot and there is apricot in the skirt, and the blouse also seems to have coloured buttons and some coloured bits on the collar which may also match the skirt. The only thing I'm not keen on is the purse, which, as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to match anything.

I like it. She looks bright and cheerful and dressing appropriately for her age she's only 25

I don't think the top goes with the skirt at all and I'm not that keen on the skirt either. I am glad she is in something other then black but she needs to work out what goes with what she is 25 she should by now have her own style and now what works and what doesn't. The top doesn't even fit her properly not sure about those shoes with the outfit either.

I liked Beatrice's style, it's pretty and clearly suits her. Of course, there is more work to be done, but she has made progresses since her younger years.

The Creative London outfit was fresh and fashion-forward. Loved her bag!

Beatrice has no style. She needs the help of a good stylist to teach her what looks well and what doesn't work for her. Perhaps, she could use the folks from "What not to Wear". That isn't a joke. She has a fine shape, she either looks messy or strange. If that outfit is "Fashion Forward", I am at a loss. It looks like and old rumpled blouse and a skirt. The shoes are awful, too.

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events thread 15: January 2014

Beatrice has no style. She needs the help of a good stylist to teach her what looks well and what doesn't work for her. Perhaps, she could use the folks from "What not to Wear". That isn't a joke. She has a fine shape, she either looks messy or strange. If that outfit is "Fashion Forward", I am at a loss. It looks like and old rumpled blouse and a skirt. The shoes are awful, too.

As you well know, fashion and style are largely subjective. That's the most important thing.

In my opinion, it's pretty rich to counsel someone else to go get a stylist if one's name isn't Chanel or Hepburn or Kors or Armani (i.e. tried and tested in the storms of international style).

For many people, pieces don't have to exactly match each other to go well together. Oftentimes, that's really boring.

A lot of times, the basics of fashion are:
- fit: not really a problem here, but she is going for a bohemian look, so the shirt is looser (tho the fit in the collar and wrists lets you know it's fit pretty well). Similarly, the skirt doesn't billow out
- length/proportion: this is actually a pretty good proportion for Beatrice. The boxiness of the shirt makes up for Beatrice's slight upper body, while the shape of the skirt makes her waist look pretty slender. The shoes' thin and curled straps actually elongate the leg, which is important because she isn't super-tall.
- color: works well with her coloring - in fact, the creaminess of the shirt offsets the bright colors of the skirt and prevents the whole thing from being overpowering--it's usually (though not always) best to keep with one focus piece. Her bag, as I mentioned before, is superb! Not matchy-matchy but very cute and picks up a jeweled purple, which I'm always a fan of--more importantly, jewel tones always work great for everyone, I think.

The outfit isn't traditional, but it isn't frumpy either. She's on trend, but more importantly, she's chosen pieces that are classic, too. Is this outfit perfect? No, but it's a sound getup for a night on the town at a charity event geared toward artsy types.

This was not the occasion for pillbox hats and white gloves.

I love the colourful floral skirt and off-white blouse to the Creative London party... it is modern and very colourfu:flowers:

Whether or not you like the outfit, it must be admitted that it doesn't fit her properly.
Look at the way the blouse pulls across the top, it's too tight.

Indeed, it looks colorful and I like the skirt but he doesn't fit her properly especialy the blouse...

Whether or not you like the outfit, it must be admitted that it doesn't fit her properly.
Look at the way the blouse pulls across the top, it's too tight.

This is an interesting point, but I went back to see the pics. In the red carpet, it seems like she really threw her shoulders back, and so the shirt pulled across the chest (slightly, as it wasn't really more than half an inch). The other pics, taken inside the party, are okay because she's not "posing."

Twitter UK ‏@TwitterUK 3h
A right royal welcome to HRH Princess Beatrice of York, tweeting from @yorkiebea

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave attended We Day UK, a charity event to bring young people together at Wembley Arena on March 7, 2014. Prince Harry and his girlfriend attended as well.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio ** dailymail article **

It's always good to see Beatrice and Dave. I like that they are still going strong.

HRH Princess Beatrice events so far for 2014

The Court Circular shows on March 7 2014, The Duke Of York was represented by Princess Beatrice of York at the Funeral of the Lady Mary Clayton which was held in the Royal Chapel of All Saints, Windsor Great Park, HM the Queen, Prince Philip, and the Countess of Wessex were also in attendance.
Court Circular

Article

HRH Princess Beatrice of York attends the Karl Lagerfeld European flagship store launch on March 13, 2014 in London, England.
daily article

Pic

in accordance to the Court Circular, HRH Princess Beatrice of York and The Duke of York officially attends a memorial service for Sir David Frost at Westminster Abbey on March 13, 2014 in London, England Sarah, Duchess of York, and TRHs Countess of Wessex, Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall also were in attendance. Around 2,000 guests, paid tribute to the broadcaster, who died last August.

Article

Pic

Court Circular

The two events listed in the court circular were/are being discussed in the family thread as more than one member of the BRF attended the event.

Interesting that the Duke of York already has this up in his website while the British monarchy website hasn't updated with the 13th March yet. I hope it does get updated overnight - they are slacking off again having ignored the 10th March this week. It seems that the changes in the public relations/press office or whatever have not made for better communication.

I have been curious....The rest of the Queens Grandchildren are very Horsey or at least decent horse people but B&E don't seem to be ....Why would this be?

Maybe they are just not so fearless.

Andrew isn't very horsey either. I'm not sure if I've ever seen him on a horse.

I'm not sure that Eugenie would have been allowed to ride a horse after her surgery. I've seen pictures of Beatrice on a horse when she was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom