The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: How busy Bea bagged a very fancy party dress | Mail Online
Well, according to this article the designer of the dress attended the Serpentine party with Beatrice as her 'walker' (whatever that means) which makes me wonder if in exchange for publicity Beatrice may wear and return as many Hollywood types do (indeed the Hollywood types get paid to wear designer's dresses.)
The article does suggest that Beatrice is still working as the designer said Beatrice had to rush over during her lunch hour. I hope so, and I hope she's found a niche that she enjoys.

I heard she is really into fashion and previously interned for a designer , I like that she has her own interests that she is pursuing good for bea .

Old 08-13-2014, 01:29 AM
Courtier

Beatrice has done a lot of internships so far she doesn't seem to have found what she has liked. I know she worked for a store not an actual designer. Those jobs really are for those who WANT to be designers and have gone to fashion school etc you need to be very serious about your work etc something Beatrice really hasn't shown. With Beatrices fashion sense I don't see that happening. Is she still even working? She also is said to have told them she will be far too busy to have Summer holidays but is spending two weeks with the Queen. She has only been there a few months and has had a fair bit of time off during that time not exactly buckling down. I'm sure we will be reading about her doing yet another internship in a few months. Not that she even needs to work she may just be killing time till she get's married. Isn't it about time for more engagement rumours? They have been together what 7 years it's getting a little make or break.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Majesty

Beatrice did some work experience while she was doing her university course with Selfridges as a personal shopper.

She then did a number on internships in finance before studying for and passing the exams to get a job in the finance sector but left that after about 8 - 9 months.

Since then she has had a internship at Sony. She hasn't had that much time off at all - a couple of days for Ascot and now a couple of weeks at Balmoral. The rest of the time she has been reported as being away has been on long-weekends, which for Europeans makes going somewhere a bit exotic so much easier than it is for us in Australia.

Also a lot of businesses in the UK actually shut down for a period in August to allow the staff to have their holidays.

We also don't know what the terms of her intership with Sony are and that could include her having days off for 'royal events' - although she didn't go to Trooping the Colour and we were never told why not.

She doesn't really know what she wants to do it seems to me and I suspect this is because she really believed that she would be doing royal duties for her work and as that hasn't panned out at all she is lost with no real direction. Her degree is fine, if that is where her interests truly lie, but if she doesn't want to work in the history area then it is fairly useless.

Unlike her sister Beatrice really wants to do the royal stuff but is being stopped it seems and has to sort herself out.

I don't know what is going on with Beatrice and Dave but I actually don't get a positive vibe from them. I can't put my finger on it but I almost sense they are together because they can't find anyone else but they won't be going any further (now watch the engagement announcement come out tomorrow).
Old 08-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Yes, they make an interesting couple, don't they? He smiles a lot and seems pleasant - almost too pleasant they certainly don't appear to be madly in love, but then neither did William and Catherine in public. Dave has not ruffled any feathers, no big leaks or drama a la Cressida & her crew, so perhaps when Beatrice's biological clock starts ticking they'll marry. If the recent reports that Sarah left Balmoral because Phillip refuses to be in the same place as Sarah are true, then perhaps there's no rush to tie the knot and have to deal w/ that awkwardness. Lately I have been wondering if Eugenie might marry first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

She then did a number on internships in finance before studying for and passing the exams to get a job in the finance sector but left that after about 8 - 9 months.
I read that Beatrice took time off from the Finance internship (Cabot Square?)to study for the exams which she needed to pass to retain that job. I never saw any report that she actually took, let alone passed them and since she did not return to a finance job, I assumed she had either not taken them or had failed them as her next announced internship was w/ Sony - do you have a source which verifies that she passed the exams which I missed?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Majesty

The timeline for the finance is:

1. She did internships, including the one with Cabot Square, in the finance industry

2. She had to do the studying to get the job - that was reported in the summer of 2012 Princess Beatrice hopes to invest in a career in finance | Mail Online A report on her studying for the exams

3. From late 2012 until mid-2013 she actually worked there. She was working there when she did the trip to Germany and had to be briefed during her lunch breaks etc and had to take 'leave time' to do that trip. Princess Beatrice quietly left finance job and spent weeks enjoying on holiday | Mail Online This is the report, from nearly a year later, that says that she left that job.

The reports were that she couldn't work for them unless she had passed the exams so as she actually did go and work for them, not just intern with them, she had to have passed the exams. Solving the Princess Beatrice conundrum - Macleans.ca This includes the report that she had to pass the exams to actually have the job at Cabot Square.

Like a lot of young people she is having trouble finding out what she wants to do.

From my experience it isn't unusual for young people to go through 5 - 6 jobs before finding their feet.

She is doing an internship - which may or may not be a paid position (we recently had a story here on Sunrise that was reporting on companies being paid by the internee to take them on which makes it more than work experience).

What gets me is that her work area doesn't match up with her degree raising the question about why she did that degree in the first place?
Old 08-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy

I really like Beatrice she appears to be a very grounded down to earth person. It must be difficult to assume a working life in the eyes of media. Eugenie has moved to NY to achieve it and seems to be doing well. I suppose with her partner David working in London means Beatrice would need to get a job in London as well? Such a high public profile brings unwanted attentions to any work place she would be a part of. Internships can be 6 months to a year and theres no guarantee of a permanent position.
I actually dont mind her assuming a public royal role Bea appears to have a genuine interest in philanthropy. Its a shame that she may not be allowed to assume that role.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Courtier

I also like Beatrice and think she will be a great asset to the BRF if she is allowed to present them in a public role.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Majesty

Bea ‏@yorkiebea 45m
Great visit today to Edinburgh and The Royal Hospital for Sick Children. So proud to see their incredible work!
https://twitter.com/yorkiebea/status/502076997745803264

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Bea ‏@yorkiebea 45m
Great visit today to Edinburgh and The Royal Hospital for Sick Children. So proud to see their incredible work!
Good for Beatrice! I guess this means she's not on vacation this August...doesn't the family usually go to Spain (Sotogrande)?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Bea ‏@yorkiebea 45m
I love it!
Old 08-20-2014, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love it!
I think she is doing a faboulous work! It's sad that sometimes is understimated
Old 08-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love it!
So do I. Beatrice and her sister has gone on to use their royal status and public platform to help others and it's great to see.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

More:
Princess Beatrice visits Edinburgh hospital to open state-of-the-art body scanner that will treat children with cancer | Mail Online
Old 08-20-2014, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Great job, Beatrice!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the pictures! Love Beatrice's outfit, and more importantly her way of kneeling down, and getting on the child's level.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness

It was interesting to learn that Princess Beatrice was named Royal Patron for the Sick Kids Friends Foundation in 2013.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Beatrice participated in the annual BGC Global Charity Day at BGC Partners in London today, September 11, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio gallery **
Old 09-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Princess Beatrice tried her hand at investment banking in London today.
The daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson joined a slew of celebrities as she brokered deals on the phone for charity.
Beatrice, 26, returned to the annual BGC Charity Day selling shares for a good cause, while commemorating the bank's employees who perished on 9/11.
Princess Beatrice becomes a city trader for the day as she joins Samuel L. Jackson and Stephen Fry at celeb-packed charity event | Mail Online
Old 09-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Beatrice participated in the annual BGC Global Charity Day at BGC Partners in London today, September 11, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio gallery **
I like the pictures of Princess Beatrice on the telephone!!
She would make a wonderful telephone receptionist!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, but the comments are very mean.

She can't help her appearance; why keep dwelling on it?