Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 17: June 2017-July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The attendees usually wear true runway or high fashion since the event is to benefit the Met's Costume Institute. It is supposed to be over the top.

Fun fact--Amal Clooney was one of this year's co-chairs of the event. I think Princess Beatrice is in good company attending something Amal is involved in promoting.

And an explanation of the theme--
The Met’s Costume Institute unveils ‘Heavenly Bodies’ exhibition during preview before the Met Gala

Well aware. It is indeed over the top.

Does she?

I ask in all seriousness, because she seems to spend a great deal of time in London.
And the job with Afiniti seems more like they want her name on the website, rather than any actual employment.
So I'm wondering what exactly she is doing?

There are plenty of photos of her in NY as well. Yes she goes home to attend certain family events and to support her patronages. But she is also often in NY. It seems to be the reason Andrew is no longer supplying her home in SJP, because she doesn't live there.

Of course we have no idea what she does for her job. The DM only prints it when they can find some way to turn it into a 'drunken night' or a 'vacation'.

Honestly it seems she is doing exactly what she was doing for her old job. And likely for her old job. She is just doing it as a 'contractor' which means the company only ahs to pay her when she is working for them. And she can be in London for her patronages and other activities, as much as she likes.

Eugenie has lucked out in her job is with an art gallery that has locations all over the place. She likely finds a way to balance her trips with work. Hauser has a big art event going on in New York this past weekend, which coincides nicely with the birthday party both sisters attended.

Especially as the theme was Catholicism!

The theme was not Catholocism as in the religion/church. The theme was Catholic art. It was the iconography and style that evolved in art over the centuries.

Other years have been things like Picasso. Or the art of the mechanical world and so on. And how these art styles influence fashion. This year they are looking at religious art and its influence.

Last edited:
Well, we occasionally see pix of Eugenie on her way to work or lunch - especially back when she worked in New York. W/ Beatrice we saw the one photo of her at a shoot that Sony was doing when she interned there several years ago.
I assume we don’t see pix of Beatrice going to/from a 9-5 job because whatever she’s up to, it isn’t working at an office on a daily basis. Nothing wrong w/ that, but, IMO failing to explain what she is doing in business & all of the mystery surrounding her ‘career’ just fans the flames & people assume there’s no clarity from the York’s because they are hiding something or because Beatrice isn’t really ‘working.’
The irony is that if she were the daughter of a wealthy peer instead of Royal or even if she’d been born earlier in the last century no one would have expected her to have a career in the first place.

Last edited:
The Met gala is a major charity fundraiser. One that politicians and royals attend as well as celebrities. It has been hosted by the likes of Caroline of Monaco. And royals like Maria-Chantal, Rania, Diana, Charlotte Casiraghi and Maria-Olympia have attended....

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway also attended a few years back.

Well, we occasionally see pix of Eugenie on her way to work or lunch - especially back when she worked in New York. W/ Beatrice we saw the one photo of her at a shoot that Sony was doing when she interned there several years ago.
I assume we don’t see pix of Beatrice going to/from a 9-5 job because whatever she’s up to, it isn’t working at an office on a daily basis. Nothing wrong w/ that, but, IMO failing to explain what she is doing in business & all of the mystery surrounding her ‘career’ just fans the flames & people assume there’s no clarity from the York’s because they are hiding something or because Beatrice isn’t really ‘working.’
The irony is that if she were the daughter of a wealthy peer instead of Royal or even if she’d been born earlier in the last century no one would have expected her to have a career in the first place.
But Bea is a private citizen and doesn't even have RPOs. Why should she have to justify herself? Just because she is a male line granddaughter of the Queen and got an HRH at birth?

BTW, the Vatican was a major participant and sponsor. Even Cardinal Dolan of New York attended. Give it up people!

Following in her mother, Sarah, and aunt, Diana’s, shoes in attending the Met Gala. Beatrice looked beautiful.

They're not making a caricature of the Catholic church. I fail to see how this should or could be offensive in any shape or form.

She did her best with the theme. Not my favorite of the night, but she made more effort than say Gisele Bundchen.

It is beyond me how people believe the Met Gala might be "below" or somehow inappropriate for Beatrice to attend. She was given an invite, she obviously has a purpose in going, and as it's been stated previously, plenty of other royals have attended in the past.

She was dressed appropriately, very modestly, and looked beautiful.

As far as her job goes, people can't have things both ways. You can't complain about not knowing every tid bit about her life, because if you got that information it would mean you're supporting her life, and that's not the case. Beatrice and Eugenie are in precarious situations. The HRH Princess titles mean the public seem to think they deserve full access to their lives. I don't see people questioning Peter or Zara about their expenditures. And the tax payers aren't footing the bill for these two young ladies. But the title also means, these two women need to be careful about where they do work, or how they work, so they don't cause a problem of "profiting off a royal name"...its a messy situation and quite unfair to them as it's not one of their own making. Had Andrew requested they be styled as children of a Duke, (as the Wessex') or had no title (as Anne did), many of these conversations would never come to light.

Surely that is a mistake???

LaRae

:)

Is wearing mismatched shoes the latest fashion trend?
I know I've inadvertently walked out of the house wearing one navy & one black pump back in the days when my closet did not have a light and I was in a rush and had multiple colors of the same style shoe.
Fortunately for you you werent followed by people with camereas intent to publish it to the media, unfortunately for B she was, could be a style trend to who knows? hmm she seems grumpy in those pics hmmmm

I don't think she's wearing mis-matched shoes, she's wearing the same shoe with different styles on the toes by the looks of it. The styling appears to be Gucci-esque.

Well there is Beatrice walking with an unknown man but at least they said it was a Sunday!

The more I see of Beatrice's glorious purple gown the more I love it. Even the hairband wasn't awful. Saw a small clip on Youtube with her dress floating gently around her. It's colour really is quite magical on her.

It was too much purple on that much dress. I love the color but it needs a different style of dress.

LaRae

Surely that is a mistake???
LaRae

They’re themed shoes, each shoe has a different embroidery on it. From the photos it looks like one has a bee and the other a beehive on it. I’m guessing ‘bee’ is a play on her name.
Something like this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/aa/91/8faa914aa3b3fd1e6c89e345e76c2968.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/dc/03/9c/dc039c86e7520799b9c6346281eae655--bees-honey.jpg
http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/3/optimized/3338788_fpx.tif
https://www.6pm.com/images/z/4/1/1/8/8/2/4118820-p-2x.jpg

I just saw ths comment on Beatrice's Met gala dress and thought it was an interesting conspericy ,“John 19:2 “And the soldiers plaited a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and arrayed him in a purple robe.” #princessbeatricechose the color purple and robe-esque dress as a true member of royalty. Thus, Christ was mocked for his “royal status.”

Last edited:
:previous: Now that is just plain sick!

Why is it that Beatrice and Eugenie are always picked on and lambasted for things other royals don't even raise a comment. But blasphemy? Give the woman a break. HM regularly wears purple and I don't see anyone accusing her.

Blasphemy? Is that the point of the comment? That totally went over my head.
I feel B&E are picked on because their mother is so hated and their father isn't liked much. Plus they aren't regarded as pretty by many and they don't have thin and athletic bodies. Lastly, I feel that certain parts of the British "system" turn on the 2nd born/one who won't be king, after a certain point in their lives.

Yeah, me too, plus I thought it was way too convoluted of a theory to attribute to Beatrice.
The color of the dress isn’t even ‘royal’ purple, which is a deeper shade, I’d describe the color of Beatrice’s gown as lilac. Plus, if Beatrice meant to wear a ‘crown’ she has access to several real tiaras and could have used one of them rather than the fancy headbands she chose.

I feel B&E are picked on because their mother is so hated and their father isn't liked much. Plus they aren't regarded as pretty by many and they don't have thin and athletic bodies. Lastly, I feel that certain parts of the British "system" turn on the 2nd born/one who won't be king, after a certain point in their lives.

I agree. Perhaps the haters should get a head start on Charlotte, Louis, and Harry’s children!

While I don’t agree with the original comment, I don’t think it’s necessary true that people just turn on the 2nd born. Anne technically is the second born. And if it’s just the younger child, Edward isn’t hated. It’s really because of Andrew and Fergie’s drama both within heir marriage and away from each other. Quite frankly, Andrew just comes off as entitled and spoiled most of the time, and then you have the York princess being the only ones of the Queen’s grandchildren with HRH title. It adds to the people seeing the York family as entitled. It’s unfair to Eugenie and Beatrice, but it is what it is.

Yeah, me too, plus I thought it was way too convoluted of a theory to attribute to Beatrice.
The color of the dress isn’t even ‘royal’ purple, which is a deeper shade, I’d describe the color of Beatrice’s gown as lilac. Plus, if Beatrice meant to wear a ‘crown’ she has access to several real tiaras and could have used one of them rather than the fancy headbands she chose.

How does she have access to several tiaras? At most, she has access to Fergie’s York tiara.

How does she have access to several tiaras? At most, she has access to Fergie’s York tiara.

True, I don’t know whether her grandmother would loan her a tiara for an event, but she is more likely to have access than most :flowers:

Because she is the granddaughter of the queen :ermm:

I highly doubt the queen would be willing to loan tiaras to the wives of her grandsons, but not to her own granddaughters. They are her family of course. Beatrice and Eugenie have as much right to tiaras, if not more, then Kate or Meghan did for their weddings.

Its not just the second born but usually occurs if the children are the same sex: it happened with George V and Albert Victor (now painted as a dimwit and potential Jack the Ripper), George VI and Edward VIII, Elizabeth II and Princess Margaret, and the recent one Prince Charles and Prince Andrew. The last pairing is suspect because the media loves to hate Charles as well.

But back to the girls, they unfortunately must suffer because their mother is Sarah Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom