The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2017, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Interview to Princess Beatrice in HELLO Canada on her recent visit to Toronto

Exclusive: Princess Beatrice on how the Queen and her mother inspire her everyday | HELLO! Canada

Old 10-14-2017, 05:41 AM
Majesty

That is an amazing article and when she described her grandmother I had an instant picture in my head of a video from the recent anniversary she and Princess Anne attended. She was bright and so animated and I thought wow, 91 and still looking and listening like she's enjoying herself. It really is no wonder she is one of Beatrice's role models.

Interestingly enough her mother, Sarah talks of the Queen as being wonderfully forgiving and understanding. And that she is close to and loves her girls is easy to see in any photos. Beatrice's admiration for Harry is lovely to see as they have spent a lot of time together as they were growing up. William got a girlfriend, a fiance and then a wife. Harry hung out with the rellies on the slopes, Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie and occasionally the boyfriends.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Beatrice's admiration for Harry is lovely to see as they have spent a lot of time together as they were growing up. William got a girlfriend, a fiance and then a wife. Harry hung out with the rellies on the slopes, Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie and occasionally the boyfriends.
The more cynical view might be that it was probably quite useful for Beatrice to mention Harry and the Invictus games to attract attention, quite like she used the Queen and her mother in the very same interview.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Regardless of how anyone can interpret what Beatrice states and feels about family, the point that is clear that her family is important to her. I think, for the most part, that can apply to each and every one of us.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Regardless of how anyone can interpret what Beatrice states and feels about family, the point that is clear that her family is important to her. I think, for the most part, that can apply to each and every one of us.

Yes, her family feeling is admirable.
But when oh when will the York girls realize their mother is a liability?

Mentioning how they adore her, how she inspires them, is just likely to put potential romantic partners off- not to consider financial prospects.
In short- it's not helping! Unless with people who admire blind loyalty- no matter what!

(I read somewhere that the general attitude towards Beatrice and Eugenie is:
Pity about the mother.)
Old 10-14-2017, 10:30 PM
Serene Highness

They love their mother warts and all and are not ashamed to say it. Good for them. These are grown reasonably intelligent woman who don't live in cave So they know exactly who their mother is and what she has done and get poor choices. They presumably know Sarah will be Sarah and accept it. Any man who would think less of them for that is not a a man worth having IMO. Not to muddy the waters but Do you feel the same about The princes talking about Diana?
Old 10-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Mentioning how they adore her, how she inspires them, is just likely to put potential romantic partners off- not to consider financial prospects.
In short- it's not helping! Unless with people who admire blind loyalty- no matter what!

Pity about the mother.)
Perhaps Beatrice would rather not have a partner who can't accept that her mother is a non negotiable part of her life.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The more cynical view might be that it was probably quite useful for Beatrice to mention Harry and the Invictus games to attract attention, quite like she used the Queen and her mother in the very same interview.
Since they were both in the same city, Toronto, it is hardly surprising that Beatrice mentioned Harry or more likely since this was an interview, was asked about Harry and she kept right on topic Harry and the Invictus Games when I am sure they were hoping for a mention of Meghan.

She was also asked who her role models - no mystery there, it's a question often asked and her answers have only matured as she has. But I have to admit I have been waiting for the cynical digs to start.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:08 AM
Majesty

I hardly see her dragging her cousin in for publicity. She briefly mentioned Harry. He did make an appearance at the WE event as part of his Invictus trip. He didn't even say his name, and stayed on topic of her trip there.

As for mentioning her mother and grandmother why shouldn't she? I see no one criticizing William and Harry for mentioning their mother or the queen. Why is it any different for Beatrice? Its not surprising that in her charity work, that she would be inspired by the model of her grandmother and her mother. She did mention her godmother as well who she gets advice from.

It seemed quite a good articulate interview on her part
Old 10-15-2017, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
They love their mother warts and all and are not ashamed to say it. Good for them. These are grown reasonably intelligent woman who don't live in cave So they know exactly who their mother is and what she has done and get poor choices. They presumably know Sarah will be Sarah and accept it. Any man who would think less of them for that is not a a man worth having IMO. Not to muddy the waters but Do you feel the same about The princes talking about Diana?
I do think William and Harry should downplay the Diana worship, partly because it is damaging for their father, who will be the next monarch.

BUT- I wasn't just speaking about romantic partners.
I believe that Beatrice and Eugenie would have both been given official roles in the RF, if not for Fergie. Supposedly Charles can't get past that, and so the charity work the York girls do is on their own account.

(I suspect the events they do attend, like Trooping, the garden parties, etc. will come to an abrupt end once Charles succeeds.)
Old 10-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I sincerely think we're projecting personal feelings onto Charles that may not even exist. Then again, they may. We just don't really know what Charles thinks. One thing for sure is that, straight from the horse's (Andrew's) mouth, comes a statement that puts this all to rest.

“There is no truth to the story that there could be a split between The Prince of Wales and I over my daughters’ participation as Members of the Royal Family and any continued speculation is pointless,” he said in the statement. “As a father, my wish for my daughters is for them is to be modern working young women, who happen to be members of the Royal Family, and I am delighted to see them building their careers. When they do support the Royal Family in its work this is very much appreciated by my Family and most importantly by those organizations and to those for whom their participation makes such a difference to their lives.”

Andrew issued this statement on his Twitter account on December 9, 2016

http://people.com/royals/prince-andr...atrice-rumors/
Old 10-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but that contradicts what Andrew has said in the past.

At one time he told the press that he could see no reason why his daughters should not be working royals, since that would take some of the burden from him.

So it seems he has changed his tune. Or maybe not.

As you say, we really don't know what Charles thinks about it.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I do think William and Harry should downplay the Diana worship, partly because it is damaging for their father, who will be the next monarch.

BUT- I wasn't just speaking about romantic partners.
I believe that Beatrice and Eugenie would have both been given official roles in the RF, if not for Fergie. Supposedly Charles can't get past that, and so the charity work the York girls do is on their own account.

(I suspect the events they do attend, like Trooping, the garden parties, etc. will come to an abrupt end once Charles succeeds.)
I doubt that. The girls will continue to attend the events the extended royal family attends.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Pity about the mother.)
I think they are keenly aware of their mother being a liability. I also think that Fergie is incredibly needy and that is the reason for all of the praise from the girls.

I believe that B and E are making the best of an impossible situation. It would be worse if they pulled back from her. I think they rein her in a bit and keep her from even more bad choices.

Beatrice would do well to marry a self-made type of guy, a bit older and very wealthy-- someone forceful and rich enough to handle Fergie and tamp down her press-hungry blabbermouth tendencies. I shudder to think of Fergie as a grandmother, exploiting those babies in Hello!.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Beatrice would do well to marry a self-made type of guy, a bit older and very wealthy-- someone forceful and rich enough to handle Fergie and tamp down her press-hungry blabbermouth tendencies. I shudder to think of Fergie as a grandmother, exploiting those babies in Hello!.

I mean... Girls often marry guys like their dad so it is a possibility. But how would Andrew take to having to share his girls with another powerful opinionated Alpha male who calls people out on their BS or Foolish choices. Be interesting to see.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

B and E are not in an impossible situation. Challenging? Yes, they are in a challenging situation to which their Mom's character flaws contribute.

But over half the people I know have some sort of challenging in-law. I actually think my niece's husband finds me a pain in the nether regions, but that's just life. He still married my niece and good on him for that.

B and E are equally challenged by their father's sense of entitlement, the press' alternate loathing and use of them for clickbait, their grandparents aging, their lack of effective royal status while being saddled with all kinds of royal expectations, the same struggle to find a career/life focus that almost all the royal family have grappled with at one time or another and finally, by their own lack of perfection.

Although, why we expect young royals to be perfect is beyond me. JMO, but no one grows up fully effective, dedicated and strong. Growing up is all about BECOMING fully effective, dedicated and strong. There is always subtext beyond the smiling photos of royal families.

And finally, I think they are both doing well these days. They are employed, charitable, working through personal issues and relationships, coping, surviving and thriving as far as I can see.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Totally agree.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

I have said before and I will say it again: B&E are the only adult princesses of their generation and instead of them being raised to be 21 century royal ladies who are expected to Find a career and be fulfilled outside of marrying well and being a society deb They(mostly Beatrice now) are playing the Roles a society woman of Camilla's or Diana's Generation: Some boarding school education, University education that doesn't really amount to much and Hobby jobs.

They are neither fish nor fowl and thus up in air and up for grabs.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I think they are keenly aware of their mother being a liability. I also think that Fergie is incredibly needy and that is the reason for all of the praise from the girls.

I believe that B and E are making the best of an impossible situation. It would be worse if they pulled back from her. I think they rein her in a bit and keep her from even more bad choices.

Extremely well said!
Old 10-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I have said before and I will say it again: B&E are the only adult princesses of their generation and instead of them being raised to be 21 century royal ladies who are expected to Find a career and be fulfilled outside of marrying well and being a society deb They(mostly Beatrice now) are playing the Roles a society woman of Camilla's or Diana's Generation: Some boarding school education, University education that doesn't really amount to much and Hobby jobs.

They are neither fish nor fowl and thus up in air and up for grabs.
I would hardly call working as a director of an art gallery as a hobby job (Eugenie). Both girls actually have quite good university educations, to say the degrees amount to nothing is insulting to those with similar degrees. They are what you make of them.

I actually would love if the daily fail or another publishing could stop criticizing Beatrice for holidays and actually interview her (like Eugenie had an article) about her work. Let her clarify what she is doing, not just with her business, but her charity work. She has been working very closely with Holly and Sam Branson and is considered a co-founder of their charity. A lot of the marathons and other physical events she does (always written off as holiday) are actually fundraisers for the charity.

I think the royal family really does them a disservice not giving any attention at all to their charity work. Its not like they would have to pay the girls for the work. But it wouldn't hurt the image of the royal family, perhaps help, to show two more active members (and help to eliminate some of the horrid bias towards the York girls as freeloaders). Why not take some credit for two girls who aren't working royals who yet have taken on close to a dozen patronages each and show real commitment to both.

One day when all the older royals are retired, and the Cambridge kids are still in school and not ready to be full time royal, they may need the Yorks to step up a bit. Better not to just shove them out totally now.

Tags
beatrice (1986- ), current events, princess beatrice