Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015

Arms of HRH Princess Beatrice of York

Welcome to Princess Beatrice of York's
Current Events, Part 16

Commencing July 2, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:25 AM
Majesty

There was an article in the Evening Standard yesterday that Beatrice had been considering purchasing a new-build house in Wimbledon for £6.9m. Might this be the first step towards "settling down"?

I don't have a weblink as I read it in the print edition.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Courtier

I'll believe it when I see it. Remember last summer when the Mirror claimed Pippa was set to buy a six bedroom £3m Victorian terrace in Parsons Green. Yeah, that never happened.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt it; why would she do that when she has an apartment in Central London?
(Unless she is planning to get married, but there haven't been any rumors lately).
Old 08-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Princess Beatrice is known for her jet-setting lifestyle with skiing holidays, trips to the Caribbean and vacations in New York - but has now been spotted taking to the water on Roman Abramovich's £1billion superyacht.
The 26-year-old was seen with her boyfriend Dave Clark on the Chelsea owner and Russian oligarch's luxury boat - once the world's largest superyacht - which was docked off the Spanish coast near Ibiza.
The royal has racked up an impressive 17 holidays in a little over eight months, but this one may well be her most extravagant.
Another holiday for Princess Beatrice... this time on Abramovich's £1billion mega-yacht: Globe-trotting royal is on her SEVENTEENTH foreign jaunt since quitting her job eight months ago* | Daily Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Courtier

It is a tough economy at the moment but I don't think she needs a whole pile of help to get a job. This is not going to go down well with the general public in England I believe. I remember the papers tearing into her mother over what was perceived as too many holidays, too little work.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
This is not going to go down well with the general public in England I believe. I remember the papers tearing into her mother over what was perceived as too many holidays, too little work.

I wonder if she is doing it for that reason?

If there's enough public outrage about Beatrice and her holidays, perhaps Charles and Co. will decide it's better to have her doing official engagements rather than lolling around on yachts?

She seems to want to be a full-fledged member of The Firm, so perhaps she has a hidden agenda.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Its hopeless, really. I guess every generation needs some kind of troublemaker who disgraces the crown's image. I wish she didnt have the HRH title, it would be easier to bear.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness

Bea has some kind of activity or work?

I like Bea and Eugenie. They seem to be nice.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

She gave up her last 'job' 8 months ago.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Majesty

I wouldn't describe her as a 'troublemaker.' She hasn't been involved in anything scandalous. It would be very nice to see her settle down to something--whether it be paying work or a lot of volunteering, but perhaps there's something we don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its hopeless, really. I guess every generation needs some kind of troublemaker who disgraces the crown's image. I wish she didnt have the HRH title, it would be easier to bear.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

She is obviously not a 'Job type person' so they might as well make her a full time Royal so they can get her under some control and make her work for her vacations...As of right this moment she is neither use nor ornament.

When it comes down to it Beatrice of York is the first Modern British Princess... Born in feminist era and expected to work outside the home and not wait in the lap of luxury for some Prince or aristocrat to make her lady of the Manor. Zara does not count with no title.

Trouble is nobody thought to raise her as anything but an idle pampered traditional princess and now they are reaping what they have sown.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
She is obviously not a 'Job type person' so they might as well make her a full time Royal so they can get her under some control and make her work for her vacations...As of right this moment she is neither use nor ornament
I think it better she not be offered full time working for the firm status. Primarily because her father has frequently been criticized for misusing his Royal position to feather his personal nest/pay for his holiday jaunts (combo Royal/pleasure trips.) I expect like father like daughter.
Plus even if she is used for more official engagements, she'd not likely willingly abandon her jaunts and the freebees her jet setting pals enable her to enjoy. She'd simply keep doing as she's doing in between Royal commitments, no longer have to pay out of pocket for 'protection,' and be a cost to the Queen and later Charles and then William. The indolent vacation heavy lifestyle she lives just doesn't play well for Royals in this day and age, IMO. If we were back in the glamour days w/ tiara events and that special aura about Royals a la Princess Margaret it would be different, but in today's world, Beatrice and her lifestyle are a luxery the firm cannot afford both from a PR standpoint and a financial one, IMO.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Nor is she required to work because she needs to pay the bills.

I agree that its best to lay low but based on how the Yorks are perceived in England..in this instance she can't win. She was criticized when she worked (Cause she took someone else's job) and when she doesn't work (she is a lazy lay about).

Old 08-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

But her 'work' was mostly society girl hobby working that she got tired enough quickly enough seemingly when the novelty faded.

If she had a career she worked at and stuck with people would not have given her so much guff. Her sister is an example of this.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wonder if she is doing it for that reason?

If there's enough public outrage about Beatrice and her holidays, perhaps Charles and Co. will decide it's better to have her doing official engagements rather than lolling around on yachts?

She seems to want to be a full-fledged member of The Firm, so perhaps she has a hidden agenda.
I think Bea may like her position she has now as a"civilian', she isn't a working royal, so she can have her life , her charity/hospice work, her support for education and occasional duty. and of course there are lots of times she is at family events unofficially. She has her inheritance and dave where she does not need to work.(Though she should)

Honestly I think dave and people give her freebies. I think the Bransons aren't below giving her free airplane tickets. You know having a royal being seeing on your yacht can generate lots of publicity and it did. just like having a royal being reported on your airline will raise some publicity.

I don't think the BRF cares as long as they are not paying for it. else they would have told her off by now. and if they did it would be kind of hypocritical of them to do since they all at one point in their lives went one vacation after another . PW and kate had about 10 vacations at one point i think during their dating years, and those were just the ones reported etc Some of the the vacas don't even count as like the one in dubhi was last year and it was an official event. some vacas reported don't even have pics. Just my opinion
Old 08-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Nor is she required to work because she needs to pay the bills.

I agree that its best to lay low but based on how the Yorks are perceived in England..in this instance she can't win. She was criticized when she worked (Cause she took someone else's job) and when she doesn't work (she is a lazy lay about).
. I see your point Zonk.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

But Camilla barely had a job, Diana barely had a job, like so many ladies from the well-to-do's. That is just their privilege. Princess Beatrice does not need to work for her living. Good for her. She has that luck and enjoys it. Period.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

True, if they are not paying for her social life Maybe they take with an indulgent smile, esp a doting granny and papa.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor Andrew paying for the ex and paying for the girls.

Tags
current events, princess beatrice