Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the chancellor or whoever invited her to the meeting thought she had something to offer. Perhaps her perspective from being involved in child related charities for years.

The fact is this conference is a great learning platform for her forvthecwork she is doing with her charity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does she have to be included in a meeting between the Chancellor and some businessmen?

We will never know why she was included because, frankly, its none of our business. The fact remains that she was there, was welcomed there and that should be good enough for us. We have to also remember that anything we see that is going on in her life is presented to us through the media. We do not have access to her daily planner or have her "people" keeping us informed of every little move that she makes and why she makes them.

She can afford the lifestyle she has and none of it is on the taxpayer's dime. There are many, many people out there that have the connections and the bank accounts to pursue life as they want to. That's called freedom. Beatrice is under no obligation to prove anything to anyone, she doesn't need to get a job because she's wallowing idly while on public assistance and she has absolutely no one she has to answer to.

Just the fact that she does get involved and cares about the charities and patronages she does with no expectation of recompense or ego stroking fame and fortune says a lot for her in my eyes. She doesn't have to do it but she does.

Whether or not it's right or fair, well-connected children of elites are often given the chance to be in the room for higher level meetings than others their age are able to access. It's not that they can contribute, exactly, but so that they can learn the ropes.

She can afford the lifestyle she has and none of it is on the taxpayer's dime. There are many, many people out there that have the connections and the bank accounts to pursue life as they want to. That's called freedom. Beatrice is under no obligation to prove anything to anyone, she doesn't need to get a job because she's wallowing idly while on public assistance and she has absolutely no one she has to answer to.

The difficulty is that many regard the funds in the RF as deriving, either directly or indirectly, from the taxpayers.

If you say Beatrice has a trust fund from the Queen Mother, the response will be And where did she get it?

Some consider private funds (from the Duchy of Lancaster) to be not very private at all.It comes down to perception.

The York's are a family that some people think of as a dirty rug. In order to clean it, one must beat the dust out of the rug. At some point, one just get used to beating the York rug.
While that is absolutely true, it is absolutely disgusting. It leads one to wonder at the mentality behind such behaviour.
The difficulty is that many regard the funds in the RF as deriving, either directly or indirectly, from the taxpayers.

If you say Beatrice has a trust fund from the Queen Mother, the response will be And where did she get it?

Some consider private funds (from the Duchy of Lancaster) to be not very private at all.It comes down to perception.
There is no deriving, either directly or indirectly from the taxpayers when it comes to the York family. When Andrew worked for the government he was paid by them and if he consults, then those who he consults for, pay him just like they would have to pay any other consultant. Pretty ordinary stuff that.

As to Beatrice trust fund from her grandmother? Well, we know very little, why on earth should we. Of course, there are no "old money", Mayflower types in the USA whose children have grown up privileged and with elite schools, colleges and trust funds? Bankers and financiers who "lost" their investors money, but somehow are still rich beyond middle-class imagining, Dot Com billionaires, etc. all of whom are demonstrably above board, every employee paid a living wage, no outsourcing to third-world countries where slave or child labour is the norm, oh no, every tax required is paid in full and they are all is totally above reproach. The epitome of the 'American Dream' no less.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the BRF that doesn't seem to be good enough for you. The money the BRF gets from their property or investments has to have been, if not illegally but immorally acquired. Money off the backs of the workers, property stolen out from under the downtrodden.

Ah yes, anyone who is not a self-made person is obviously suspect. I can only think that you obviously are not a fan of royalty but billionaires and privilege are okay by you in the USA, where equality and egalitarianism flourish.

Me? I'm just pleased that Princess Beatrice is still striving and learning, participating in charitable foundations and hasn't just fallen in with other children of wealth who make no pretence of needing a job and flit from one hot spot to another, lotus-eating to their hearts content.

Last edited:
While that is absolutely true, it is absolutely disgusting. It leads one to wonder at the mentality behind such behaviour.There is no deriving, either directly or indirectly from the taxpayers when it comes to the York family. When Andrew worked for the government he was paid by them and if he consults, then those who he consults for, pay him just like they would have to pay any other consultant. Pretty ordinary stuff that.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the BRF that doesn't seem to be good enough for you. The money the BRF gets from their property or investments has to have been, if not illegally but immorally acquired. Money off the backs of the workers, property stolen out from under the downtrodden.

Ah yes, anyone who is not a self-made person is obviously suspect. I can only think that you obviously are not a fan of royalty but billionaires and privilege are okay by you in the USA, where equality and egalitarianism flourish.

Me? I'm just pleased that Princess Beatrice is still striving and learning, participating in charitable foundations and hasn't just fallen in with other children of wealth who make no pretence of needing a job and flit from one hot spot to another, lotus-eating to their hearts content.

Of course I'm a fan of royalty; why else would I be here?

But let's be real, the money Andrew may have earned as a consultant could not possibly fund his lifestyle, let alone that of his family.

For myself, I don't much care where the money comes from. I was simply considering the comments in the press, which are increasingly hostile with every such excursion by any of the Yorks.

Time for her to get a boyfriend so the subject can move on.

^^

Boy this thread has exploded a bit.....

Just the fact that she does get involved and cares about the charities and patronages she does with no expectation of recompense or ego stroking fame and fortune says a lot for her in my eyes. She doesn't have to do it but she does.

If I may add Beatrice has often said her purpose is through her charity/humanitarian, to spread the happiness so to speak.

I’ve been put on this world to make a difference. I’ve been given my job; to make a difference and I want to use my job to spread the happiness.

Some people say Beatrice is lost/worthless due to her perceived lack of interest in a job, but to me she seems to find a type of purpose through her charity rather than a job and is happy doing her humanitarian work/making kids happy.

Last edited:
Time for her to get a boyfriend so the subject can move on.

Well, if I were a lovely, single young princess, I would enjoy meeting some of the single young rich men at Davos. Go, Bea!

I may die of shock. :eek: an article written about her work life that doesn't include mention holidays, drinking at parties or her many career changes,:) well it mentions two, but as examples of business.

I will be expecting a story of her out drinking or about rumored holiday soon. Too much good press :whistling:

Rather quick? They have been broken up since July. It's not like he is eloping to Vegas. He went to meet the parents.

Saw this coming. Any time there is good press for Bea out comes the bad. She is the burner twice over unemployed rich girl. Snubbed by grandma and her ex is about to marry :whistling: ignoring three above article that she has a new client, and washing over her patronages. With the ballet she has ten.

Interesting how they afpdnit she has ten patrinages, is helping run a charity with the Branson's (one she helped found) and us starting a business and they done how still try and make her out to be nothing. Just surprised they didn't mention her holidays. But then again, other then her charity trips, they haven't had one to complain about recently. With the telegraph revealing why she was in Switzerland, they couldn't try and pretend it was a ski party trip.

Rather quick? They have been broken up since July. It's not like he is eloping to Vegas. He went to meet the parents.

Saw this coming. Any time there is good press for Bea out comes the bad. She is the burner twice over unemployed rich girl. Snubbed by grandma and her ex is about to marry :whistling: ignoring three above article that she has a new client, and washing over her patronages. With the ballet she has ten.

Interesting how they afpdnit she has ten patrinages, is helping run a charity with the Branson's (one she helped found) and us starting a business and they done how still try and make her out to be nothing. Just surprised they didn't mention her holidays. But then again, other then her charity trips, they haven't had one to complain about recently. With the telegraph revealing why she was in Switzerland, they couldn't try and pretend it was a ski party trip.

Yeah, but to move on so soon after a very long relationship is something else. Not that long after they broke up, we got a glimpse of Dave with the other young lady.

I had thought it was just a break for a minute, but it seems that ship sailed on home.

Yeah, but to move on so soon after a very long relationship is something else. Not that long after they broke up, we got a glimpse of Dave with the other young lady.

If it's true that Dave Clark will shortly wed Lynn, then it has to be upsetting for Beatrice, no matter what.

Personally I think she's better off without him, he always seemed like an opportunist.

Wonder who the new admirer is? She is always alone in recent photos.

If it's true that Dave Clark will shortly wed Lynn, then it has to be upsetting for Beatrice, no matter what.

Ouch! Never a happy time for anyone. :sad: But I think it points to how hard it is for anyone in a 'royal role' to successfully maintain intimate relationships (at the outset, and in the end). They are hampered by that 'role'. Beatrice would likely better serve herself by not clinging to hopes of a more active royal role (if that is what she is doing, I'm not saying she is). Only direct heirs and immediate family (if that) should feel that responsibility imo. Beatrice may be doing herself a real disservice keeping in the limelight.

I had thought it was just a break for a minute, but it seems that ship sailed on home.

Three months. It's not like he proposed and got married. He started dating. It's not like he and Bea were married and had kids, or even lived together. If there had been any serious commitment between these two I'd say yes, perhaps three months was a short period to start dating (he was spotted over three months after the break up on a date). But for all the years together. They never made any real commitment.

As for engagement rumors I wouldn't even say take it with a grain of salt but a cargo ship of salt. These are the sane rags who said Bea and Dave were engaged right up until the break up was public. Or have been claiming for seven ,o the thst Eugenie is engaged and are now coming up with ridiculous excused to cover up why it's not been announced.

The Mystery of Princess Beatrice’s Mystery Job - The Daily Beast

Princess Beatrice leaves the Chiltern Firehouse | Daily Mail Online

Princess Beatrice overcame dyslexia by reading children's stories | London Evening Standard

According James Blunt Princess Beatrice never cut Ed Sheeran

"ShortList 's first question to Blunt is about the alleged incident: "You were there when Ed Sheeran’s face was cut...What actually happened?"
Blunt replies: "Ed was drunk, messing around, and he cut himself. We made a fancy story up, people fell for it. It was very embarrassing.""

James Blunt finally reveals truth about Princess Beatrice cutting Ed Sheeran - Mirror Online

This article can't be taken seriously when it says Anne's children 'gave up their right to their HRH status' - a status they were not entitled to as the children of the daughter of the monarch. Andrew's daughters were entitled to that status as the children of a son of the monarch - totally sexist but still the case.

I find it really annoying that so many reporters can't get their heads around the difference between the fact that Anne had to specifically refuse a title for Mark or her children to give them any titles while Andrew's girls were automatically princesses under the 1917 Letters Patent.

For those who don't know under those LPs the following people are automatically HRHs:

The children of the monarch - Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward
The spouses of the sons of the monarch - Camilla, Sophie
The male-line grandchildren of the monarch - William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Richard, Edward, Michael, Alexandra
The spouses of the male-line grandsons of the monarch - Kate, Birgitte, Katherine, Marie-Christine
The eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales - George.

In 1948 George VI issued special LPs to allow for all children of the then Princess Elizabeth to be born as HRH. If he hadn't done so then Charles would have been born as Lord Charles Mountbatten, Earl of Merioneth and Anne as Lady Anne Mountbatten. They would only have been raised to HRH in 1952.

The Queen also issued new LPs in 2012 giving the HRH status to all of William's children.

Edward announced that his children would be styled as the children of an Earl and not as HRH's. The Queen has agreed and this isn't the place to rehash the arguments as to whether or not they are actually HRH's. That debate has been done to death elsewhere by the same people with the same arguments.

Last edited:
2012 Letters Patent is not specific only to Prince William's children. It's written as children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales so it's not a one time thing but could apply in the future if there is a similar situation with 4 generations again.

Say what you want about her, but she has really taken to heart the patronages she has taken on. Her own struggle with dyslexia, and willingness to open up about it, could help many. The royals may not want her as a full time royal. But there really should encourage and publically support her work. Maybe then media will pay less attention to her going out, and more to the deserving charities she supports.

Last edited:
What stands out for me the most is that Beatrice takes on these patronages because she wants to and not because she's required to do so as a member of the family's working "Firm". That says a lot to me about her character.

This headlines always confuse me - am I correct in assuming, as w/ I think all of Beatrice's patronages, that she is doing so in her private capacity rather than as a representative of the Royal family?

She is not a full time working royal. She takes on patronages on her own time, and her own dime.

But she is still a royal. So it's still correct for her charities to refer to her as a royal patron.

This headlines always confuse me - am I correct in assuming, as w/ I think all of Beatrice's patronages, that she is doing so in her private capacity rather than as a representative of the Royal family?

Beatrice doesn't undertake official duties recognised by the Queen so anything she does do is as a private individual - other than attending large family events such as Trooping.

If she was doing it as a private individual, she wouldn't be the royal patron of twelve patronages. It is as a member of the Royal Family even if she is not undertaking official duties.

She is a member of the royal family and so would be a royal patron but she isn't taking on these roles officially as she isn't a working member of the family so anything she does is as a private individual - as BP keeps telling us.

She has a number of patronages because she is an HRH - it gives the organisation a royal name on the letterhead - nothing more.

It is no different to the organisations of which Prince Michael is President or Patron - he got those roles because he has HRH in front of his name but he is a private individual who is free to make his money anyway he wants - as is Beatrice.

They don't get any money from the taxpayers and so do anything similar to what other royals do as private individuals and for no other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom