Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic to see Beatrice attending such an event :flowers: I really do wish the media would pick up on her work more. I am sure if they find some way to twist it into another vacation or party angle, we will see an article :bang:

Fantastic to see Beatrice attending such an event :flowers: I really do wish the media would pick up on her work more. I am sure if they find some way to twist it into another vacation or party angle, we will see an article :bang:

Its all very well for BEatrice to show up in Davos, but to what attend? What has she achieved, or what is she aiming to achieve? Or is it, for her, just another A-list event at which she puts on her glad rags and shows up to be photographed?

Its all very well for BEatrice to show up in Davos, but to what attend? What has she achieved, or what is she aiming to achieve? Or is it, for her, just another A-list event at which she puts on her glad rags and shows up to be photographed?

It's like she is bound and determined to provide a royal presence, whether it is official or not!

I wonder what the Firm thinks of it? :ermm:

Did Beatrice speak at this conference and on what subject? I'm really a bit puzzled as to why she's attending.

Didn't andrew use to attend? Perhaps she is talking on his behalf... don't know...

Did Beatrice speak at this conference and on what subject? I'm really a bit puzzled as to why she's attending.

No, there's no reference to her speaking. It's one of those conference/party things where which parties/meetings you get to attend is regulated by the color of your badge. Beatrice was either invited (other Royals were present) or she paid to attend. It's possible she was there to attend one of the 'hanger on' venues. She received no press, so it's hard to say why she went, other than it was another chance for her to mingle/party with wealthy/famous people.

"Mr Hammond’s comments, to a group of senior British business leaders over lunch at the World Economic Forum in Davos at which Princess Beatrice of York was also in attendance ...."

the subjects on the conference touched on the welfare off children and women as well as mental health which are subjects she has shown an interest in.

Last edited:
"Mr Hammond’s comments, to a group of senior British business leaders over lunch at the World Economic Forum in Davos at which Princess Beatrice of York was also in attendance ...."

I played connect the dots.

Senior British business leaders @ World Economics Forum to Andrew who, of the royals, was most involved with British trade and economics to Beatrice, daughter of Andrew who attended and also has her own interests. We don't know the capacity in which she attended or if she was representing her father or had an interest in the platforms being offered at the Forum or just wanted to wear a new dress.

It doesn't matter really. She just was, um.... there. :D

Of course when Beatrice attends anything it is to party. If this was a royal like Kate, would we question why she is there? Or put our nose up as she is only attending and not speaking? Of course not.

What does the firm think? Probably proud. Just because they aren't going to pay her expenses, doesn't mean they expect her to live under a rock. She had taken on a number of patronages since she was a teen. Last year we have seen her in Nepal. New York and other areas doing work with the UN.

Beatrice is a founder of Big Change, a charity that is involved in improving the lives of children all over the world. It is likely the reason she is attending,

http://big-change.org/beatrice-york/

But of course the media only cares if they can get a bathing suit vacation photo or drunk bar photo.

Last edited:
Wef

Well I see 3 possibilities:

1.Since the forum talks about her area of interest, like children's welfare and mental health, it was most likely why she was there and like Countessmeout said, Big change has an interest in them as well. She could have gone before and maybe she wasn't recognized

2. It occurred to me, I remember Bea having lunch with the British Consul General, New York and Director General for UK Trade & Investment sometime in 2016. Maybe, somebody for there invited her to go or told her about it.

3. It could have the DOY connections most likely unofficial though.

I'm leaning towards 1 and maybe 2

I have too much time to hypothesize on this :p

Last edited:
Mr Hammond’s comments, to a group of senior British business leaders over lunch at the World Economic Forum in Davos at which Princess Beatrice of York was also in attendance, come days after he told a German newspaper that the UK “could be forced to change” its economic model if European counterparts fail to agree to market access post-Brexit.
Hammond delights business leaders with pledge to 'do whatever is necessary' to ensure the UK's competitiveness

Still does not provide a justification of what Beatrice is doing there, and what she has to add to the WEF.

Still does not provide a justification of what Beatrice is doing there, and what she has to add to the WEF.

If you want to provide a justification to something it's your choise.
I share information from reliable source (The Telegraph).

If you want to provide a justification to something it's your choise.
I share information from reliable source (The Telegraph).
I fail to see why her attendance requires "justification". The fact is that she was there and obviously wasn't a gatecrasher. The fact that other royals were there is interesting but nobody is asking for their "justification". That she was there is surely as much justification required for everyone at the WEF.

I think I'll go with duchesschicana's information"

the subjects on the conference touched on the welfare off children and women as well as mental health which are subjects she has shown an interest in.

Reactions: hel
I'm totally with Marg on this one. There is absolutely no reason on earth that her presence anywhere needs to be justified. Beatrice is a private citizen and last that I've heard, she wasn't on house arrest or put under a gag order by the courts. She actually doesn't have to answer to anyone as far as what she does or doesn't do. That's all part and parcel of being a human being living in the UK as a private citizen.

I have no stake on this but Beatrice is a private citizen? Since when?

If she's not a private citizen what would you call her?

A member of the royal family, who occasionally gave interviews, etc.

Since she is not a working member of the British Royal Family and has no connections with the "Firm", she is a private citizen. She doesn't have to answer to anyone about what she does or doesn't do or clear her engagements through HM, The Queen. :D

She's not a working royal but how many private citizens have the 'style, title or attribute' of royal highness and the 'titular dignity' of princess prefixed to their christian names?

I can think of two right off the bat. The King of Rock n' Roll, Elvis and of course Queen Latifah. Then there's the Burger King and the Dairy Queen. :D

I fail to see why her attendance requires "justification". The fact is that she was there and obviously wasn't a gatecrasher. The fact that other royals were there is interesting but nobody is asking for their "justification". That she was there is surely as much justification required for everyone at the WEF.

I think I'll go with duchesschicana's information"

I accept she was not a gate crasher, but I am querying what her attendance achieved. Was she a speaker for a cause or a charity she is patron for? Or was she merely present at a meeting of the Chancellor and some businessmen because she asked to be there, and they were probably too polite to refuse? Or was it perhaps her unique perspective on post-Britain that the other attendees wanted to hear?

Well I see 3 possibilities:

1.Since the forum talks about her area of interest, like children's welfare and mental health, it was most likely why she was there and like Countessmeout said, Big change has an interest in them as well. She could have gone before and maybe she wasn't recognized

2. It occurred to me, I remember Bea having lunch with the British Consul General, New York and Director General for UK Trade & Investment sometime in 2016. Maybe, somebody for there invited her to go or told her about it.

3. It could have the DOY connections most likely unofficial though.

I'm leaning towards 1 and maybe 2

I have too much time to hypothesize on this :p

If it is 2, what value was she adding at the BritiSH C-G / UKTI lunch?

Since she is not a working member of the British Royal Family and has no connections with the "Firm", she is a private citizen. She doesn't have to answer to anyone about what she does or doesn't do or clear her engagements through HM, The Queen. :D

Whilst as a non-working member of the BRF she is not answerable to the public at large, it begs the question that were she not an HRH and a grand daughter of the monarch, would he be invited to these events?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst as a non-working member of the BRF she is not answerable to the public at large, it begs the question that were she not an HRH and a grand daughter of the monarch, would he be invited to these events?

Two questions - 1. Why isn't she given official functions to go to? From what I have seen she is just as qualified as Prince Harry, and I expect very few people would feel miffed by only getting the daughter of Prince Andrew.
Question 2. Why do people in this group give her such a hard time?

The York's are a family that some people think of as a dirty rug. In order to clean it, one must beat the dust out of the rug. At some point, one just get used to beating the York rug.

Two questions - 1. Why isn't she given official functions to go to? From what I have seen she is just as qualified as Prince Harry, and I expect very few people would feel miffed by only getting the daughter of Prince Andrew.
Question 2. Why do people in this group give her such a hard time?

Its not for me to question why she is not given a royal role. HM has made a decision, and the decision is hers alone as the head of the firm.

Everybody may have different reasons for being critical of her actions, for me it is sad that this girl has gotten to age 28 and does not appear to have been able to hold down a job for a year ever. Seh just seems to flit from one thing to the other: Private Equity, Fashion, Media..... For somebody as well connected as her, if she had any serious intention of building a career, she woudl have by now. It appears she will end up being yet aniother D-lister, who is seen hanging around the bars of London, or at any event where she can potentially be photographed, a bit like her mother.

Last edited:
The York's are a family that some people think of as a dirty rug. In order to clean it, one must beat the dust out of the rug. At some point, one just get used to beating the York rug.

Not sure about the analogy with a dirty rug, but 3 out of 4 of them have one some pretty stupid things. So I guess the comments they attract may have something to do with that.

Not sure about the analogy with a dirty rug, but 3 out of 4 of them have one some pretty stupid things. So I guess the comments they attract may have something to do with that.

What Im saying? I'm saying people just like beating the York family. They're not perfect, but folks are trying to beat up on the York's over any little thing. It's become a very bad habit.

I accept she was not a gate crasher, but I am querying what her attendance achieved. Was she a speaker for a cause or a charity she is patron for? Or was she merely present at a meeting of the Chancellor and some businessmen because she asked to be there, and they were probably too polite to refuse? Or was it perhaps her unique perspective on post-Britain that the other attendees wanted to hear?

Or perhaps, like most people who attend these kinds of things, might she have been there to learn? Especially given that she founded a charity whose work is in line with the topic at hand and her future efforts with it might be well informed by the presentations being made?

Or perhaps, like most people who attend these kinds of things, might she have been there to learn? Especially given that she founded a charity whose work is in line with the topic at hand and her future efforts with it might be well informed by the presentations being made?

Why does she have to be included in a meeting between the Chancellor and some businessmen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom