Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good that she is going out I do wonder if she is trying the Kate angle of show him what he is missing it worked for her I"m not sure it will for be. Bea is 28 she ran a marathon ONCE and donated money from a hat that was awful. She has no career (again) does a little charity work here and there but mostly seems to either be on vacation or going out. She has achieved very little I've done more charity work then she does of course I don't need to do it between my skiing or roaming around on a yacht or playing career girl. This is what her third or fourth job in nearly as many years. Sorry I can't see what she has achieved. She isn't working now she left the job 3 or 4 months ago not exactly throwing herself into charity work but has no problem going out.
I agree and like you I devote quite a bit of time (several hours each month) to the non profit I have volunteered with for the last 10 years and I also work a full time very demanding job. Bea shows up at a charity function a couple of times a year, there's no evidence that she has the self discipline to actually work at anything for even as long as a year.
A few years ago Bea said she wanted to grow up to be just like her mum & IMO she's accomplished that goal.

I never cease to be amazed at how cruel and judgemental people can be about people they know nothing about. I am not counting endless stories by that bastion of truth and justice, the Daily Mail.

Beatrice is very involved in various charities such as Children in Crisis and became royal patron of 'The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre', a charity that she credits with helping her overcome her own academic challenges resulting from dyslexia.

Beatrice is not a full-time working royal, but then again one could argue she has done much as any of her cousins and to run the London Marathon takes training, guts and time! Her charity work is quite varied and, as duchesschicana pointed out, she does not live a "pointless life" and tends her patronages and charities well.

The fact that snarky media outlets such as the DM et al are only interested in photos of her on holiday or attending this or that Gala, merely reinforces the slanted view of the rags rather than the life and worth of Beatrice and her family for that matter.

Further, sniping about her parents and intimating they are less than reputable says more about the authors than it does about Princess Beatrice and her family. She is the one with the energy and the big smile.

I never cease to be amazed at how cruel and judgemental people can be about people they know nothing about. I am not counting endless stories by that bastion of truth and justice, the Daily Mail.

Beatrice is very involved in various charities such as Children in Crisis and became royal patron of 'The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre', a charity that she credits with helping her overcome her own academic challenges resulting from dyslexia.

Beatrice is not a full-time working royal, but then again one could argue she has done much as any of her cousins and to run the London Marathon takes training, guts and time! Her charity work is quite varied and, as duchesschicana pointed out, she does not live a "pointless life" and tends her patronages and charities well.

The fact that snarky media outlets such as the DM et al are only interested in photos of her on holiday or attending this or that Gala, merely reinforces the slanted view of the rags rather than the life and worth of Beatrice and her family for that matter.

Further, sniping about her parents and intimating they are less than reputable says more about the authors than it does about Princess Beatrice and her family. She is the one with the energy and the big smile.

Well said Marg!

No need to take a civilized discussion where reasonable minds can differ and escalating it by the tired tactic of attacking the holders of a contrary opinion personally by calling those w/ different interpretations of the evidence 'cruel and judgmental.'
I am oft astounded at people who can ignore the evidence (or in Bea's case lack of evidence) and conclude that she's a hard working dedicated Royal - but I don't resort to personal attacks on posters who disagree with my take on the evidence, indeed deep down I hope that they and their rose colored glasses view of the Yorkies prove to be true and evidence emerges that Bea is not spending her life frittering/flittering/vagabonding around w/ eurotrash. Even if that be the case, she certainly has the right to live that way should she chose to, I just don't give her kudos for showing occasionally at a charity bash or letting an organization use her name. If there's evidence that she actually dedicates time to a charity and/or gives her own money to it, or pays her own way to appear at and promote it I'll give her credit for that, but thus far I've not seen that.

No need to take a civilized discussion where reasonable minds can differ and escalating it by the tired tactic of attacking the holders of a contrary opinion personally by calling those w/ different interpretations of the evidence 'cruel and judgmental.'
I am oft astounded at people who can ignore the evidence (or in Bea's case lack of evidence) and conclude that she's a hard working dedicated Royal - but I don't resort to personal attacks on posters who disagree with my take on the evidence, indeed deep down I hope that they and their rose colored glasses view of the Yorkies prove to be true and evidence emerges that Bea is not spending her life frittering/flittering/vagabonding around w/ eurotrash. Even if that be the case, she certainly has the right to live that way should she chose to, I just don't give her kudos for showing occasionally at a charity bash or letting an organization use her name. If there's evidence that she actually dedicates time to a charity and/or gives her own money to it, or pays her own way to appear at and promote it I'll give her credit for that, but thus far I've not seen that.

https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.wordpress.com/. Here you go this is a blog that usually follows all of Bea's publicized charity or royal events. If you notice the gap between late June and September, it was most likely because she was doing something it's called work. Daily Mail doesn't even have any news about her from this period unless you count the breakup.

Strive Challenge Day 1-3

Day 1 of The strive challenge Triathlon – Princess Beatrice swam 3.3km in open water, swimming across the straits of Messina to Sicily.

@yorkiebea- Day 1 of the triathlon stage of @strivechallenge i’m so excited. @bigchange_

Day 2- Princess Beatrice completed a grueling 65km cycling. The triathletes cycled to the top of Mt. Etna.

They are raising £1 million for Big Change and they are only £80,000 away.

Day-3 Princess beatrice completed a 70km bike ride up MT Etna and up next is a half of a marathon a, 10km hike up the mountain .

Bea ‏@yorkiebea – Swim and cycle legs of @strivechallenge complete yay!
Bea has raised £11,253.86, that is about $14,622.59 on her fundraising page .

The DM posted some nice photos for once

OMG She was in my hometown and I didn't know!!!!!
ohmy.gif

Day 1 of The strive challenge Triathlon – Princess Beatrice swam 3.3km in open water, swimming across the straits of Messina to Sicily.

@yorkiebea- Day 1 of the triathlon stage of @strivechallenge i’m so excited. @bigchange_

Day 2- Princess Beatrice completed a grueling 65km cycling. The triathletes cycled to the top of Mt. Etna.

They are raising £1 million for Big Change and they are only £80,000 away.

Day-3 Princess beatrice completed a 70km bike ride up MT Etna and up next is a half of a marathon a, 10km hike up the mountain .

Bea ‏@yorkiebea – Swim and cycle legs of @strivechallenge complete yay!
Bea has raised £11,253.86, that is about $14,622.59 on her fundraising page .

The DM posted some nice photos for once

Wow definitely a gruelling challenge. Good on Beatrice for taking it on. It would take a great deal of training to take it on. I love that Beatrice not only does dinners and ribbon events for her charities, but does events like this. Glad to see some positive press coverage of her for once.

Can some one explain why this UK charity for UK youth held their athletic fundraiser in southern Italy? Wouldn't an event in the country where the purported recipients live (the UK) have made more sense and cost less?
Second question - did the participants pay their own way to travel to & stay in Italy or was that paid for out of the funds raised?
Finally, a more light hearted question - I'm perplexed by the snorkel mask for long distance swimming??? I'm a swimmer (and have snorkeled a fair bit) and cannot fathom wearing a snorkel mask for a long swim - how could you even perform a proper crawl? Any other swimmers out there who've run into this?

Last edited:
Can some one explain why this UK charity for UK youth held their athletic fundraiser in southern Italy? Wouldn't an event in the country where the purported recipients live (the UK) have made more sense and cost less?

From the Strive website, the purpose of the Challenge is "we create challenges that are seriously tough to undertake but also accessible to anyone. We want people to have to strive, to feel the elation of struggling side by side with fellow strivers to get through the day, we want people to experience first hand what it takes to overcome serious obstacles" and "is the coming together of people bound by a common set of values and a belief in the power of a growth mindset to help young people thrive in life."

The core team of the challenge actually began a month ago at the Matterhorn in Switzerland, where the last Challenge was located, and have made their way down to the south of Italy. I imagine that the locations are chosen because of the physical and mental challenge that will be needed to complete the challenge, while having the team work together.

Second question - did the participants pay their own way to travel to & stay in Italy or was that paid for out of the funds raised?

Each stage has an entry fee for each participant (£1,500). So everyone participating has to pay that for each stage they take part in which covers their flights, accommodation, food, equipment hire and medical support.

They also have a fundraising target of £2,500 - Beatrice is currently sitting on £12,603.86.

Last edited:
From the Strive website, the purpose of the Challenge is "we create challenges that are seriously tough to undertake but also accessible to anyone. We want people to have to strive, to feel the elation of struggling side by side with fellow strivers to get through the day, we want people to experience first hand what it takes to overcome serious obstacles" and "is the coming together of people bound by a common set of values and a belief in the power of a growth mindset to help young people thrive in life."

The core team of the challenge actually began a month ago at the Matterhorn in Switzerland, where the last Challenge was located, and have made their way down to the south of Italy. I imagine that the locations are chosen because of the physical and mental challenge that will be needed to complete the challenge, while having the team work together.

Each stage has an entry fee for each participant (£1,500). So everyone participating has to pay that for each stage they take part in which covers their flights, accommodation, food, equipment hire and medical support.

They also have a fundraising target of £2,500 - Beatrice is currently sitting on £12,603.86.

Agree on assessment of location. It is about a big challenge physically and mentally. They also likely get more people signing up. It's the excitement of the challenge for some. Doing the Matterhorn, or doing a triathlon in Italy are more of a draw to some of the people who would go these events. Okay climbing Snowdonia may be a great weekend for some, but for adrenaline junkies who spend months training, the Matterhorn would be a much more exillerating prospect. Since the participants are picking up their owns costs, the location not being in the uk doesn't make much difference.

Last edited:
:previous:

The special locations would definitely get more people, particularly adventurers and the type of people these challenges are aimed at, to sign up for participation.

IMO these locations will also help to increase the amount donated/raised during the challenge, due to the known difficulty and not being an everyday place for a lot of people - I know that I would be more inclined to donate more money to someone climbing the Matterhorn than Mount Kosciuszko for instance, simply because of the increased difficulty despite Kosciuszko being in Australia.

Wise move on Strive's part in their choice of locations I think.

You really have to hand it to this girl! Well done Bea! :)

Well done!!

Great to see :) Beatrice is a wonderful ambassador or the queen. It's a real shame her work for the queen gets do little attention. The charity triathlon in Italy and now this tip yo Nepal, she definitely is busy:flowers: I hope to see the press giving her more positive attention for her work, and not simply when on holiday, but won't hold my breath. :ermm:

She's not doing it for the Queen, that's why she doesn't get the Court Circular recognition. Bea almost never represents the monarchy.

Her doing a triathlon is no different from Pippa doing one.

I get some quiet satisfaction out of the fact that she was training for a triathlon while people were talking her down. She might not get into the Court Circular for these things that she does, but she doesn't really need to.

I get some quiet satisfaction out of the fact that she was training for a triathlon while people were talking her down. She might not get into the Court Circular for these things that she does, but she doesn't really need to.

I thought that too; all the while the tabloids were writing that Beatrice didn't have a job, she was training for the triathlon. I read that she swam the equivalent of 66 laps of a pool, not to mention the rest of the triathlon. That takes some serious training. I couldn't do it.

One thing becomes very clear. When Beatrice participates in a triathalon or visits a institute in Nepal or goes to galas for charity or visits her other charities and patronages, the reason is quite clear. She wants to. There is no distinguishing between a part time royal or a full time royal for the family "Firm" and there is no commentary on how much her wardrobe or expenses cost the taxpayers.

Beatrice does have the best of both worlds. She's able to make a difference where she can because that is what she wants to do. She can dabble is different occupations and careers because she wants to. She can bump knees under the table with the best of them and grab all that life has to offer because she wants to. She could stay home and eat bon bons all day if she wanted to.

I think she's a pretty well rounded and grounded individual.

She's not doing it for the Queen, that's why she doesn't get the Court Circular recognition. Bea almost never represents the monarchy.

Her doing a triathlon is no different from Pippa doing one.

Whether she is in Nepal on her grandmothers request or not, she is still a member of the British royal family. Her actions reflect on them, especially her grandmother. So no, her being in Nepal or even Italy is not remotely comparable to Pippa. Pippa is a private citizen. Beatrice is a member of the royal family whose actions contribute to their reputation.

As for not being in the court circular, many of Harry's activities are not as well. Why? Because they are in foreign countries. Unless they have been invited by the government officially, these are seen as private trips and not official events.

Princess Beatrice Visits Children's Home in Nepal

Princess Beatrice recently visited Hamro Ghar – Muskaan Sewa Nepal, is a non profit Children’s home for orphans. Her visit took 5 hours and the children got to ask her a bunch of questions.

“Princess Beatrice of York invited us for lunch. The kids asked loads of questions and so did the Princess. We found the Princess to be very down to earth and pleasant. We wish you all the best for everything that you do. Thank you Princess Beatrice and Simon for a wonderful 5 hours. The children can’t stop talking about it. ❤ God Bless??”
https://www.facebook.com/muskaansewanepal.hamroghar/posts/1109342285822184

Great seeing her at the orphanage. I wish she got more positive coverage. It would be nice if we knew how long she was in Nepal and what else she is doing there. Even if a private visit, you would think they could release some. :sad:

I have been reading up on the foundation she helped found with Holly and Sam Branson. shame DM can go on for pages about vacations but this foundation gets one small Kenton because of the triathlon

About | Big Change

Princess Beatrice Visits Jamgon Kongtrul Eye Centre in Kalimpong

Princess Beatrice Visits Jamgon Kongtrul Eye Centre in Kalimpong

Princess Beatrice arrived in Kalimpong on, Tuesday October, 4th 2016. To attend a free three-day eye care programme. She will attend day 2-3.
KALIMPONG NEWS: Princess Beatrice in Kalimpong to attend eye-care programme

Pic here

Pic 2
pic 3
pic 4

I found it cute and humbling that Bea seems to be trying to get to everyone and accepting all the scarves .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom