Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The version of William and Dave that I have heard is that they were friends for a long time but something happened and now William doesn't like or trust Dave. It is possible for it to be both ways so long as there is a timeline and over a 10 year period it is possible that William's attitude to Dave has changed.

There's no proof that Dave and William isn't on good terms. They really don't run in the same circle though.

According to Richard Palmer, Beatrice still lives in New York.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/697460/Princess-Beatrices-break-up

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder how Bea is spending her 28th birthday or where.

I was under the impression she had returned to the UK but maybe not so.

I'm a bit old fashioned, but after 10 years of "dating" I'd like to know where I stand and where we're going. I'm not sure he's ready for the idea of marrying a princess and hanging out with the royals. :lol:

To be honest, what would actually change for Dave when he married Beatrice? Their children wouldn't have titles. She's not actively involved in Royal life, they've attended Ascot together and you don't have to ride in the parade. He's met the family, so what would be different?

I don't think it's the fact she's royal. I think from either side, one is not ready to commit to the other and therein lies the problem.

If their relationship has been unsettled, it goes a way to explain Beatrice's "wanderings", for lack of a better word. It's hard to build a life if a person is constantly following a person around. Dave's career path doesn't seem to have taken many turns, whereas Beatrice's has.

To be honest, what would actually change for Dave when he married Beatrice? Their children wouldn't have titles. She's not actively involved in Royal life, they've attended Ascot together and you don't have to ride in the parade. He's met the family, so what would be different?

I don't think it's the fact she's royal. I think from either side, one is not ready to commit to the other and therein lies the problem.

His life would change up a bit if he marries her. Dave would be included in the family gatherings and family events. I'm sure he's used to it by now, since he's been welcomed by the family over the years though. He would be under some scrutiny by being her husband too.

It was the first birthday she spent as a newly single woman in a long time, but Princess Beatrice had a strong circle of friends around her. She turned 28 in the company of her high-society pals, celebrating in East Hampton in New York.

Beatrice was joined by hotel heiress Lydia Forte, who she has known for years, and oil heir Mike Hess, who has also just celebrated his 30th birthday.

Lydia shared an Instagram photo of the pair posing in front of a chocolate and raspberry cake and wrote: "Happy happy birthday to you two awesome people. Love you both xxx."
Read more: Princess Beatrice's 28th birthday plans revealed

It is sad that the news of the split between Beatrice and Dave came shortly before Beatrice's birthday. It makes one wonder: Is Beatrice focusing more on her birthday or past remembrances of Dave?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I kind of think that this is Beatrice confirming the split. It is a private photo wasn't taken by the press etc so she had to agree for it to go public. Funny after a couple of months she is back in the US. I would of thought she would want her friends and family around her. We will have to see if more pictures come out.

The Daily Mail took the photo off a friend's social media. Bea didn't have to agree to it. Just have a friend with loose privacy settings. The DM does it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I kind of think that this is Beatrice confirming the split. It is a private photo wasn't taken by the press etc so she had to agree for it to go public. Funny after a couple of months she is back in the US. I would of thought she would want her friends and family around her. We will have to see if more pictures come out.

I could not imagine going back to NYC in August to lick my wounds. Hot, lonely, sticky. But, ah, I see she is in the Hamptons. Now that's a grand place from which one can move on...

She still live in New York. Being in the Hampton's isn't bad either, lol. I would go and visit Ina Garten, lol.

I expect a big pap interest now in Bea assuming she's a girl singleton ..... closest of the kind to the throne except for Charlotte!

I tend to agree, or perhaps it just fizzled out. The photos of them together didn't really show much enthusiasm for each other. He just looked like a "tag along".

If the Queen dies in lets say ten years or even before that(I hope not), would Beatrice's position in the Royal Family change since she would be a Counselor of State until George is 21.

If the Queen dies in lets say ten years or even before that(I hope not), would Beatrice's position in the Royal Family change since she would be a Counselor of State until George is 21.

If she's still living in NYC then she doesn't qualify to be a CoS, it would go to Eugenie.

I doubt either woman's life would change. The late Earl of Harewood at one point was a CoS and his position(or lack thereof) in the BRF didn't change.

A councilor of state isn't really that big of a deal. With modern transportation the time a monarch is out of the country isn't that long anymore. King Charles isn't going to be gone for six months like the Queen was after the coronation. Plus there will be multiple CoS to choose from. William and Harry will be probably their father's first choices. Since its prep for William to become King and Harry like his brother are ones already.

I think Camilla will be Charles' first choice for CoS. She doesn't travel as much as he does. Especially, in 10 years when she'll be just shy of her 80th birthday.

I would imagine there will be a lot of travel front loaded into the beginning of Charles's reign especially to realms like Canada, NZ and Australia where Camilla being Queen would have to come to.

There are 5 at all times. The consort (currently Philip) and 4 closest heirs over 21 and who live in UK (POW can be at 18). If QEII died, Camilla, Will, Harry, Andrew and Eugenie would all be COS. If she died tomorrow and Philip was alive, there may be debate. Queen Mum they made an exception for which would allow her to remain a COS. Philip, considering his age, they may not. Its not a matter of choice of Charles.

Camilla travels abroad with Charles and likely to continue for many years. Unlike Philip,she isn't much older than her spouse.

That said I don't think it will change her life. I do think when the older royals retire. Charles will need support and his nieces will likely be called on some times.

Last edited:
I would imagine there will be a lot of travel front loaded into the beginning of Charles's reign especially to realms like Canada, NZ and Australia where Camilla being Queen would have to come to.

And possibly even come as a 'family' with the sons and grandkids (QEII did a tour to Australia once with Charles and Anne and went to Canada with all four children as well in 1976).

In that situation then Andrew and Beatrice would be the CoS.

4 kids to Canada in 1976 - to the Montreal Olympics to watch Anne? Other than something like CHOMG where C&C and W&K could attend together, a tour with C&C, Cambridges and Harry seems unlikely especially in early in the reign.

His life would change up a bit if he marries her. Dave would be included in the family gatherings and family events. I'm sure he's used to it by now, since he's been welcomed by the family over the years though. He would be under some scrutiny by being her husband too.

Ah, shades of Chris, Swedish Princess Madeleine's husband. :cool: That threat would be enough to scare off anyone, methinks. ;)

I could not imagine going back to NYC in August to lick my wounds. Hot, lonely, sticky. But, ah, I see she is in the Hamptons. Now that's a grand place from which one can move on...

And who knows, maybe she already has. ;) New fella, maybe? One never knows.

Bea seems to be laying low since the split.

The social season is closing, but I get the feeling we'll see her sometime this year. I'm not sure she and Dave are totally over though.

Why do you think that?

I just get the feeling that those two will talk things about over some time. They've been together for a long time. Not sure they're going their separate ways and not speak to each other. If there's still a spark of love there, they'll talk things through. Could be just a bump in the road.

My niece had been with her partner for 10 she hadn't got pregnant so they had go through some steps to work out why etc. He cam home one day and said I can't do this I don't want this anymore and he moved out. My niece was crushed but she never cut off contact with him so over (I think it was 3 months) she kept talking to him and then they got back together he finally proposed a few months later then my niece had an operation and fell pregnant straight away. Sometimes time apart makes things clearer there would be pressure from everyone after 10 years together. So it is possible in time they will get back together or they will see they both want different things and really be split up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom