Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to wait for confirmation and details.

Could be waiting!

Unless either party are willing to make an annoumcement!

Unlike William's break-up in 2007 (as a direct in line to the throne), this is a private matter.

Could be waiting!

Unless either party are willing to make an annoumcement!

Unlike William's break-up in 2007 (as a direct in line to the throne), this is a private matter.

I'm waiting to see their actions though. To see if they are going to show up at an event or priivate night out together. It's a bit easy for them to not be seen together now that the summer social season is coming to a close, but I'm just looking to see what they are doing.

I actually didn't see this coming. I thought there would be an engagement announcement soon.

Perhaps she did do it (propose) and Dave was not interested. If he truly loved her, he would want to marry her, and he obviously doesn't.

I too have wondered if he was using her for a status symbol, particularly during the years he worked for Branson.

(There's also been some curious comments about this, hinting that Dave's preferences may be in a different direction! But that might just be a rumor).

There are many reasons a couple may not be married, not simply owing to not "truly" loving someone. One or both might not believe in marriage, or they might not feel ready for marriage, or they haven't prioritized it, or it's not important, or so on.

People have made a stink about how Beatrice and Dave must not really be in love, or Dave must not be committed, for years now but we honestly have no idea why they have chosen not to get married. It's not like either of them has ever publicly said anything on the matter. Really the speculation on the matter is typically based on old stereotypes.

It's Bea's 28th birthday tomorrow ..... don't expect anything public there either! Hoping the media don't expect to either!

This family have been so exposed to the media down through the years (and absolute! a lot through the parents) I hope the girls are treated more gently by the press. Not that we have seen much of that so far! Remembering the HAT situation Bea caused at William's wedding ..... she turned it on it's head and raked in shedloads of money for charity auctioning it off! Clever girl and good business woman!

True!

Well I'm glad she had the self-assurance to present him with an ultimatum (if true).
Why stay in a relationship that's going nowhere?

I actually didn't see this coming. I thought there would be an engagement announcement soon.

I am the opposite.

I did expect this - only expected it last year.

I remember reading, in the weeks after it was announced that Kate was pregnant with Charlotte, that Beatrice was upset about the timing of that announcement as she and Dave were going to announce their engagement. So I thought - not long after the baby is born and then christened they will announce their engagement.

The christening was over a year ago and no announcement - so the argument that they were waiting for the fuss over Charlotte's birth to die down doesn't wash and nor does any objection from The Queen as Beatrice no longer needs The Queen's permission to marry, again since Charlotte's birth.

Given no obvious reason for no announcement of an engagement then the next conclusion would have to be a break-up.

I never really felt that Dave and Beatrice were all that in love - lust maybe - but not love. The relationship seems to have run its course and it is time for them to move on.

I too have seen many suggestions that Dave's interests lie elsewhere. It was also a comment I heard last year and again this year in the UK and not just in the papers.

Rebecca English commented on twitter that having spoken to friends of the couple - the story is true but they are describing it as a "break" and never say never to a reunion

If this is the case then its sad for both parties - a 10 year relationship breaking down is not nice for either of them. You did always get the vibe that Beatrice was more invested into the relationship and Dave was more into the connections it came with.

We were all waiting for the engagement and York wedding as after that length of time thats the next stage you expect.

Rebecca English's sources are dubious at best. Last year she "confirmed" the Harry-Chelsy romantic reunion story because her 'sources' told her so. Then a couple days later Cressida went to his birthday party, and an embarrassed Rebecca English never mentioned her earlier confirmation again. I think her 'sources' are her stapler, paperweight, and other random office objects.

My advice to Dave, give her some space but don't let her go. Hey, Beatrice is a good catch. A very smart and down to earth woman. Not that many out there!

P Beatrice and Dave went out for longer than her parents were married. I thought B and D would make a go of it, but they still could; maybe it's a 'make or break' time.

Bea has been back in London over 2 months and if Dave has been working in New York it shouldn't be too hard to each work out what they really want. I remember Catherine made some appearances after William dressed very hot to show Will what he was missing and it seemed to work they got back together quietly and we know the rest. Is Bea hoping to do the same thing? If so we will her out and about. I tend to think one wants more then the other so I doubt these two will get back together. William didn't even let Dave go to his wedding so it is more then possible he knows things we don't and rumours Dave is more interested in Beas' name and contacts has been around for ages. I always get the feeling Bea was more invested in their relationship then him after all Bea has done all of the chasing. She chose the uni closest to dave to they could see each other, she moved to New York. If they get back together then an engagement would be pretty soon afterwards but I won't be surprised if he moves on a lot faster then she does.

I'm one of those who wasn't sold on Beatrice's and Dave's relationship. I wondered if they were really the right people for each other. I don't get that feeling about Eugenie and her boyfriend Jack. It was partly the body language between Beatrice and Dave (yes, I know some pics of them looking affectionate have been posted, but I rarely have seen photos of them looking at each other...just a lot of Dave, looking at the camera). Also, I thought it was getting a bit strange that they were dating so long with no engagement.

If Dave is not the best person for Beatrice, then I hope they stay apart. It's better for her to be single for a while than to marry the wrong person.

Bea has been back in London over 2 months and if Dave has been working in New York it shouldn't be too hard to each work out what they really want. I remember Catherine made some appearances after William dressed very hot to show Will what he was missing and it seemed to work they got back together quietly and we know the rest. Is Bea hoping to do the same thing? If so we will her out and about. I tend to think one wants more then the other so I doubt these two will get back together. William didn't even let Dave go to his wedding so it is more then possible he knows things we don't and rumours Dave is more interested in Beas' name and contacts has been around for ages. I always get the feeling Bea was more invested in their relationship then him after all Bea has done all of the chasing. She chose the uni closest to dave to they could see each other, she moved to New York. If they get back together then an engagement would be pretty soon afterwards but I won't be surprised if he moves on a lot faster then she does.

Dave was at the royal wedding. The 'controversy' was that he wasn't invited to the evening wedding reception.

I'm one of those who wasn't sold on Beatrice's and Dave's relationship. I wondered if they were really the right people for each other. I don't get that feeling about Eugenie and her boyfriend Jack. It was partly the body language between Beatrice and Dave (yes, I know some pics of them looking affectionate have been posted, but I rarely have seen photos of them looking at each other...just a lot of Dave, looking at the camera). Also, I thought it was getting a bit strange that they were dating so long with no engagement.

If Dave is not the best person for Beatrice, then I hope they stay apart. It's better for her to be single for a while than to marry the wrong person.

Eugenie and Jack have been together 6 1/2 years and no proposal. What's your verdict there?

Dave was at the royal wedding. The 'controversy' was that he wasn't invited to the evening wedding reception.

Eugenie and Jack have been together 6 1/2 years and no proposal. What's your verdict there?

It's not the same as 10 years, yet. It seems like the European royals tend to marry in their late twenties/early thirties and since Beatrice turns 28 tomorrow (or today if you are in England), it seemed like it was about time for an engagement.

As for Eugenie, I think she and Jack look better suited to each other than Beatrice and Dave, although appearances can be deceiving. I wouldn't have expected her to be engaged yet because she's a little younger, and also, she wouldn't get engaged at the same time as Beatrice and I'd expect Beatrice to go first.

It's not the same as 10 years, yet. It seems like the European royals tend to marry in their late twenties/early thirties and since Beatrice turns 28 tomorrow (or today if you are in England), it seemed like it was about time for an engagement.

As for Eugenie, I think she and Jack look better suited to each other than Beatrice and Dave, although appearances can be deceiving. I wouldn't have expected her to be engaged yet because she's a little younger, and also, she wouldn't get engaged at the same time as Beatrice and I'd expect Beatrice to go first.

I think Eugenie and Jack are well suited too. I'm just surprised at the double standards I've seen in the fandom. When Dave and Beatrice had been together for 6 1/2 years - in early 2013 - there were already people asking why Dave hadn't proposed yet. You don't see that now with Eugenie. Despite Eugenie being older at 26 now, and Beatrice only being 24 in early 2013. It's just curious.

Blah. I'm not going to click on that trash. It's all just copy and paste. Every time Harry and Chelsy broke-up after 2007, the DM would ask "Will Harry and Chelsy pull a William and Kate?"

Then in 2014 when Harry and Cressida broke-up, "Will Harry and Cressida pull a William and Kate?"

When Pippa and Alex broke-up, "Will Pippa and Alex pull a William and Kate? Pippa hopes for a reunion and an engagement!"

Now they're at it again with Beatrice and Dave. Good grief. Their staff doesn't have an original bone in their body.

Those two probably won't stay away from each other too long. Beatrice and Dave been together for a long time. There's must be something there that has kept together for this amount of time. He's well like within her family and they run in the same circle.

Being liked by the family isn't a good enough reason for someone to get back together with someone who isn't doing what they want.

They have been together for 10 years and no engagement. Time for them both to move on and not look back.

Being liked by the family isn't a good enough reason for someone to get back together with someone who isn't doing what they want.

They have been together for 10 years and no engagement. Time for them both to move on and not look back.

Well, perhaps they just needed some breathing room to figure out what's next for them. This happens to couples all of the time. I hope everything will work out for them.

I always thought their relationship was steady and they were definitely terrific friends. But after ten years I would have expected them to either move in together or become engaged to be married.

Still, I guess it's better than those that seem to get engaged to be engaged rather than married. They are just fiance's together forever.

I'm not so sure about this news That bea and Dave broke up as it came from the DM.

But if if true and the press knew of their breakup for a month, then it was very underhanded of them to wait until close her to birthday to drag all out to the public. why choose close to the day where Bea probably would not like to be reminded about it? Boy the press sure do like to cause her misery if true.

Well, in some articles Will likes Dave and even played matchmaker between Dave and Bea and in other articles Will distastes Dave, which is it? Because it can't be both. That right there is the press contradicting itself. Heck this is the same press that thought Harry was going to propose to cress or had secretly been engaged to Chelsy.

and a very Happy Birthday to Princess Beatrice!

To be honest I actually often forget about Eugenies boyfriend he isn't around or at least doesn't get as pappsed as often as Beatrice and Dave did. And yes she is younger and Bea and David had already been together several years before she got involved with Jack. I hope she isn't doing the Catherine thing of splitting to show him what he would be missing simply because it doesn't always work that way. I believe Dave is working in New York and Beatrice is in London so I don't see them running into each other much. I had often wondered where Dave and Bea living together her parents did before they got married and I just kind assumed that being together 10 years they would be. Didn't we see Dave and Bea on a holiday together a few weeks ago? If so then the press could hardly have known about this for a month or so. We just have to wait and see if we get pictures of Beatrice going out and being clearly single or Dave shows up and they go out to dinner to stop any rumours of the split. But it really is time for them to work out what they both want and I really do believe that Beatrice would love to get married. Hopefully things will work out the way they are supposed to.

Hmm, i just noticed, that Bea’s personal FB, profile pic has yet to be changed or Dave’s personal twitter profile pic, their profile pictures has them together, , but it may be nothing, as they don’t seem like the type do much social media anyways as Bea seems to Barely update her official and unofficial accounts.Just putting it out there. I guess we'll just have to see if they'll be together at future events.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about this news That bea and Dave broke up as it came from the DM.

But if if true and the press knew of their breakup for a month, then it was very underhanded of them to wait until close her to birthday to drag all out to the public. why choose close to the day where Bea probably would not like to be reminded about it? Boy the press sure do like to cause her misery if true.

Well, in some articles Will likes Dave and even played matchmaker between Dave and Bea and in other articles Will distastes Dave, which is it? Because it can't be both. That right there is the press contradicting itself. Heck this is the same press that thought Harry was going to propose to cress or had secretly been engaged to Chelsy.

and a very Happy Birthday to Princess Beatrice!

The version of William and Dave that I have heard is that they were friends for a long time but something happened and now William doesn't like or trust Dave. It is possible for it to be both ways so long as there is a timeline and over a 10 year period it is possible that William's attitude to Dave has changed.

Beatrice and Dave are both friends with Pierce Brosnan's son Sean. They met at Sean's birthday party in September 2006. So technically they are shy of the 10 year mark.

Last edited:
I think someone on these forums predicted this in the "predictions for 2016" thread: either they announce their engagement or they split up...

Maybe its just me but I have a problem with people tearing apart and putting back together two people's relationship where there really isn't any kind of a clue of what these two people are like with each other privately or know how these two people feel about each other privately. To me, its kind of like if I'm in a cranky mood and my words show it in a post that people presume all is not well at Belly Acres in West Virginia.

I just wish the best for both Beatrice and Dave no matter what they decide to do with their lives. :flowers:

The version of William and Dave that I have heard is that they were friends for a long time but something happened and now William doesn't like or trust Dave. It is possible for it to be both ways so long as there is a timeline and over a 10 year period it is possible that William's attitude to Dave has changed.

I think quite a few people consider that Dave was using Beatrice for her social connections. That's what I believe.
I've heard he used every opportunity to promote his business.

Let's see what happens once the invitations dry up!
He may decide he's not so adverse to marriage after all.

(But I hope she doesn't go back to him. She can do better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom