Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long are these so called "vacations"? My friends and relatives in Sweden all have at least 6 weeks vacation plus lots many more holidays than we in the US. It seems like everyone is always on a holiday or long weekend. It is very easy to jet down to the Alps or the Mediterranian for a few days of "vacation" while still being employed. Is Beatrice gone weeks at a time or on long weekends?

:previous: It's a mix. Sometimes she goes away for long weekends and other times it's a week or so. She's supposedly headed to Spain to celebrate her birthday.

Just read the updated DM article and sources are saying that Beatrice moved to New York about 3 weeks ago. She supposedly just started a new job with a private equity firm. Since leaving Sony, there have been a number of rumors about her getting a new job, but nothing ever panned out. I'm not sure if this latest rumor is true, but I hope so.

Last edited:
I suspect that she was raised to believe that she would work for the royal family in the same way as Princess Alexandra (also a male line granddaughter of a monarch and thus the same position as Beatrice) and so chose subjects at school and uni that she enjoyed but in fields where she didn't really want to work full-time. Then as she was finished uni, around the time William married Kate and the Jubilee the decision was finally told to her - no you have to make your own way in the world. 'You aren't wanted or needed as a full-time working royal and you won't be doing that.'

Then she had to start to think about what area of interest she had that she could work in and so she did a couple of finance courses and a few internships and then a couple of jobs but either disliked them and quit, was fired or whatever the jobs didn't really work out for her and so she is in the limbo world - not wanted or needed as a working royal although having been raised with that expectation and finding it difficult to settle into a real job with the discipline that is required.

Eugenie - being a year younger and further away from the throne never really wanted to be a working royal I suspect and so chose subjects at school and uni that would lead her to a career.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'holidays' and other public activities are Bea's way of saying 'I will continue to embarrass you with constant holidays and parties etc until you decide to take me on as a working royal as that is what I want to do.' It won't work because Charles and William are setting the royal family on a different route and that I suspect will see fewer and fewer royal duties.

By the time William is King I think the 'charity' side of the royals will have ceased and so the need for the hangers-on in the family to work for the family will be gone. So everyone from Charlotte on down will be expected to work in the real world and not spend their lives carrying out the royal duties of opening this and that and visiting places and meeting people for all sorts of reasons.

She gave up her last 'job' 8 months ago.
No, the DM told us all about her "jobs" and "holidays". I might even take their word for it if they covered her charity work, such as it is.

Fair's fair, give us all the story not cherrypick that which can be spun in an ugly way.

The DM is one of the places I find information about Bea's occasional unofficial engagement that would be an official one for any other royal. They are quite good at reporting her charity events - such as they are.

^I think dave and people give her freebies. The royals are known to be frugal. I think the Bransons aren't below giving her free airplane tickets. You know having a royal being seeing on your yacht can generate lots of publicity and it did, wouldn't be surprised if she been there free . just like having a royal being reported on your airline will raise some publicity, etc

But for Beatrice herself, it is generally negative publicity.

Also, Andrew has frequently been embroiled in scandal due to his "friendships" with sleazy people.

I hope Beatrice is more discriminating about the people she spends time with, but I somehow doubt it.

Holidaying with "O" is pretty amazing, if I may say so! Hope she and Dave have fun.

What I would like to see come out is exactly how much Bea spends to go on these "vacations". I think we'd be very surprised at how little it costs her. Dave works for Branson so most likely cheap or free air fares and a lot of the places she does, she goes by invite. For all we know, the only thing she paid for out of pocket was her sun tan oils.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if Bea is in the charity work field, donations don't usually just walk in off the street. Some charity affairs can be of the real upmarket type with glamor, glitz and a lot of loaded pockets. She's invited to spend a weekend at Mr. XYZ's yacht in Ibiza either from a previous meeting and donation or it'll help when the next affair rolls around and they invite Mr. XYZ to attend and donate. We don't know.

I see no harm in what Bea is doing and for the most part, I'd have loved to have those options when I was young and single. The media just paints a picture of what they want the world to see and unfortunately they're trying to paint Bea as an empty airhead who knows nothing but a good time. Those of us that do see what she's done in the field of charity work know different. Pulling in a weekly paycheck does not denote a good person. It just means earning money doing something and getting paid. The character of a person is not measured by their wallets.

Its a hit and miss with DM i know at least three events that bea went to this year that the DM never reported

Excellent post, she seems to be completely opposite to William and Harry who combine royal duties and a job. Dare I say raised by different parents with different values.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

My thoughts exactly!

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5h5 hours ago
Beatrice finally started work at a private equity firm in NY last month, eight months after quitting her last job.

Yes we know she can get jobs. But that she can't or won't keep them is the issue... A lack of discpline? Trouble taking orders from bosses? Issues Getting along with or relating to non Royal or noble co workers maybe or just no real motivation?

Is a puzzlement:)

What I would like to see come out is exactly how much Bea spends to go on these "vacations". I think we'd be very surprised at how little it costs her. Dave works for Branson so most likely cheap or free air fares and a lot of the places she does, she goes by invite.

My understanding is that Dave has left Branson's to work for Uber.

My understanding is that Dave has left Branson's to work for Uber.

Thanks for the reminder. I had totally forgotten about his move over to Uber. :D

. Camilla worked as a single woman and was not paid for by the British public. Diana (r.i.p) worked as a single woman and was not paid for by the British public. Beatrice's wealth comes from the Royal Family who are paid for by whom? Who was currently suffering due to the current economic downturn? That Duc, in my humble opinion is the difference between Beatrice and The DOC and Diana, Princess of Wales.

I think you missed the important word 'barely' in my post. Both Camilla and Lady Diana had a very limited work experience before engaging into marriage. It was not much more than that of Princess Beatrice now.

By the way: the Duke of York neither receives an income from the Civil List nor does enjoy a Parliamentary Annuity. The expenses incurred from carrying out official duties continue to be paid by The Queen from her private income mainly through the Duchy of Lancaster. In the past the Duke ejoyed a Parliamentary Annuity but between 1993 and 2012 the Queen voluntarily refunded the cost of these annuities to the Treasury.

So all by all, we can say that it is very much the royal family's own money. When you read that the late Diana, Princess of Wales, on herself "just" a younger daughter of an Earl, left 10 million Pound to each of her sons, aside from other assets, then for sure the Duke of York, a younger son from a Sovereign, will have something on his bank account too...

:lol:

This week we have seen the wedding of Donna Beatrice Borromeo, freelance working for an Italian magazine, and Pierre Casiraghi, without regular job. Well, this journaliste and jobless man held a lavish wedding bash. No problem: they come from wealthy families. That is not different with Princess Beatrice.

Last edited:
The vast majority of the inheritance that Diana left to her sons William and Harry was derived from her divorce settlement from Charles, though. Charles probably helped with Camilla's expenses before they married.

Andrew has had some generous friends over the years and they have helped to keep Andrew and his ex wife solvent. We don't know how much Beatrice was left by the Queen Mother, nor the details of the Trust Fund which it appears was set up by the Queen for Beatrice and Eugenie at the time of Andrew's divorce. Beatrice may very well have enough in her Trust fund to manage on without worrying too much about working until she marries Dave Clark, who comes from a wealthy background apparently.

Last edited:
I agree about the Trust Fund. These seem to appear in other monarchies as well. Queen Juliana of the Netherlands established Trust Funds for her three younger daughters, Queen Beatrix established Trust Funds for her two younger sons. Result: all these junior royals enjoy the pleasure of a carefree life.

For so far Princess Beatrice has not had big expenses, meaning purchasing big homes or something. The working capital of her Trust Fund will be protected and interest-on-interest will make it grow. To me it indeed looks as if she does not even need Daddy to pay for her parties or her outfits.

So if understad correctly from all posts here purpose of Beatrice (and maybe another royal ladies) is to make vacations (x3) on the breaks to find a job (it does matter the country) and finally in the right age to marry someone good guy (rich) to make her family.

So if understad correctly from all posts here purpose of Beatrice (and maybe another royal ladies) is to make vacations (x3) on the breaks to find a job (it does matter the country) and finally in the right age to marry someone good guy (rich) to make her family.

This is where I truly believe that Beatrice (and Eugenie) have the best of both worlds. She is a private citizen yet a princess of the UK by birth in her own right. She doesn't have to work to maintain a lifestyle or pay the bills yet she is trying to find her niche in the financial world. She doesn't do royal duties or charities working for the "Firm" yet she has quite a few charities of her own that she supports and backs. She is not under any kind of obligation to marry and provide royal heirs but can marry whomever she chooses and opt out to be a stay at home mom when the time comes if that is what she wants.

All in all, Beatrice is in a win win situation.

The "purpose" of Princess Beatrice apparently seems to live the life she wants and... she is very lucky she can do so indeed.

But your description actually does apply pretty closely on a lot of ladies in the same circumstances as Princess Beatrice. They will hopefully marry a good guy. For an example a Lady Melissa Percy whom married Thomas van Straubenzee (a friend of Prince William). Or her cousin Lucy Caroline Cuthbert who married Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan Al Saud. Maybe they will do a job, maybe not. That is their luck, they do not depend on it at all.

For me it is nonsense that Princess Beatrice has to fill racks at Sainsbury's or something while she has more at her disposal than she can ever earn in her life. Just to "soothen" public opinion. Who is fooling who then?

:flowers:

In the other "soothen" the public opinion with so many negative publicity she have? Just i don't know maybe people here from England tell us better.

Last edited:
Well, the child has a job now! So what's the problem? If she was a senior working royal, I would understand the criticism, but she's not.

She is senior enough that in all likelihood she will be called upon to carry out the duties of the monarch at some point in her life. Unless The Queen lives to see George turn 21 then Beatrice will serve as a Counsellor of State (that means The Queen has to live to be 108).

Nor is she required to work because she needs to pay the bills.

I agree that its best to lay low but based on how the Yorks are perceived in England..in this instance she can't win. She was criticized when she worked (Cause she took someone else's job) and when she doesn't work (she is a lazy lay about).

But she doesn't even seem to have a purpose - or a cause - or a "thing". She seems directionless, honestly.

But she doesn't even seem to have a purpose - or a cause - or a "thing". She seems directionless, honestly.

I agree with this; what are her interests?
She seems to drift from one holiday to another, interspersed with London parties and an occasional (glam) charity event.

Doesn't she have a passion for something, anything?

She is senior enough that in all likelihood she will be called upon to carry out the duties of the monarch at some point in her life. Unless The Queen lives to see George turn 21 then Beatrice will serve as a Counsellor of State (that means The Queen has to live to be 108).

She supports her grandmother a great deal at palace engagements. Beatrice is there more than her senior cousins and cousin-in-law and show up when you least expect it.

Last edited:

Yes, that's what most, but not all responders think, on average here. Just understand - we don't know that. We base that on what we observe, what's been leaked and what has been made up in the press. There are lots of equally valid other opinions about them. I would guess that their friends have a better understanding of things than we do. But, as good friends, they don't share with the press. The one thing that would gut any hopes of F/T royal jobs for quite a while would be to share secrets with friends who leak to the press. Bad form, that.

Bea would not be a CoS in the Queen's reign (assuming no one has a premature death) It's consort plus first 4 adults in line. She will when Charles takes the throne. However since 2 are only needed when the monarch leaves the country for more than a couple of days, she might never be picked. Charles could use his 2 sons instead of his niece. When George becomes 21, Bea would be bumped out the top 4 adults and probably remain outside as Charlotte and future WK's and Harry's kids become adults.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

In the other "soothen" the public opinion with so many negative publicity she have? Just i don't know maybe people here from England tell us better.

With this I meant that Princess Beatrice most likely will never depend on a paid job and it looks like she has to take a job at Sainsbury's (a supermarket) only to show for the public: "Hey... see, I am working too!". Then the question is: who is fooling who? The Princess is a lucky lady to have been born in a rich family. Good for her. Enjoy the tennis at Wimbledon, enjoy the Henley Regatta, enjoy Royal Ascot and have a nice tour with Abramovich and Oprah!

Last edited:
With this I meant that Princess Beatrice most likely will never depend on a paid job and it looks like she has to take a job at Sainsbury's (a supermarket) only to show for the public: "Hey... see, I am working too!". Then the question is: who is fooling who? The Princess is a lucky lady to have been born in a rich family. Good for her. Enjoy the tennis at Wimbledon, enjoy the Henley Regatta, enjoy Royal Ascot and have a nice tour with Abramovich and Oprah!

You say the same thing with me. But just with the your way.
Nothing different :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom