Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find the pictures on page 20 under Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews.

As I said, it was originally posted by Curryong.

Found it! I wouldn't have recognized him as Earl Percy in that photo, probably because he's not usually photographed wearing glasses.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call a break up last summer recent. It hasn't slowed down her social life. ...

Beatrice's appearances seem engineered by a publicity professional. I truly think that there is a big York effort to find a good man for her.

Before you jump and tell me how old-fashioned and sexist this notion is, put yourself in her place. She doesn't want some job. And, as attractive as her mother's peripatetic lifestyle may seem to tabloid readers, Sarah has to constantly hustle. Beatrice isn't like that. To put it in retail terms, she won't ask for the sale. Sarah asks for the sale.

Beatrice would do well to find a nice wealthy man who has enough gumption to keep Fergie at arm's length.

Beatrice's appearances seem engineered by a publicity professional. I truly think that there is a big York effort to find a good man for her.

Before you jump and tell me how old-fashioned and sexist this notion is, put yourself in her place. She doesn't want some job. And, as attractive as her mother's peripatetic lifestyle may seem to tabloid readers, Sarah has to constantly hustle. Beatrice isn't like that. To put it in retail terms, she won't ask for the sale. Sarah asks for the sale.

Beatrice would do well to find a nice wealthy man who has enough gumption to keep Fergie at arm's length.

I think the days are long gone when other people get it into their heads to find the "perfect" person for someone else. Beatrice will find what she's looking for in her own time, at her own pace and if the love bug bites, then its all good.

She just is really lucky to have access to such a vast world of people to "go shopping" in if that is what she really wants. She has a full, satisfying life that seems to suit her pretty well now.

I agree!
Others perceive Beatrice to be happy, and perhaps she is.
But to me, she seems lonely.

And whatever the press says, I can't see her as some female tycoon who's going to take the business world by storm.

However, I think her chances at matrimony are sabotaged by her mother.
Who would want Fergie in the family, never knowing when the next scandal will hit? Not to mention that the woman is a money pit!

Beatrice's mother has nothing to do with her love life.

My guess is the Beatrice will find her partner eventually. It's not easy to jump right back into a relationship after such a long courtship. Unless you're the Hollywood type, who seems to jump on everyone else's sloppy seconds. Love stinks!

I can see Beatrice's family and friends arranging "meetings" with suitable men all the time. Let's face it, the Zara and York girls have been trying to set Harry up with a nice girl for years. It's what well-meaning family and friends do.

Just so long as they remember that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". :D

Well we at least have confirmation she wasn't hiding in shame from news ex was engaged, by not going to Pippa wedding.

Princess Beatrice New Career Move: Spotted At World Economic Forum in Jordan - The Royal Princesses

The difference between Bea and her mom is she doesn't have yo hustle. Like her cousins she has a trust fund and comfortable life on her own.

She could just be a socialite. She could just run after rich men until she lands one like some other women her age. She seems not willing to. I for one find it healthy she not rush into a new relationship. Ten years is a long time to be in one. Beatrice won't need to be set up. When the time comes she moves in the upper circles. If she wants a rich husband they are all around. Sure Harry would return favor, or friend like Holly, when ready.

I don't get Where people get the idea they her dream is to settle with a rich man and eat Bon bons in private. If she wanted a private Bon Bon gentry life, she could have had it long ago.

She is out starting a business. Supporting patronages. Training for athletic endeavours to raise money. I honestly don't see her giving up any of it when she marries. She just needs a man who is looking for the same.

Honestly she needs to look in her own social circles. She needs a man who is at home in the kind of life she lives. Her ex was a fish out if water. Jack is too, but Eugenie lives a slightly more private life then her sister does. Bea would be better with someone from the aristocracy or at least gentry. Someone who is used to the kind of pace she lives.

Bea seems happy with the kind of life she has. Now she needs to find a man who likes that life as well.

If Beatrice had been interested in an acting career, or had acting talent, she could probably portray Betty Davis, as she has a similar look, with her large prominent eyes. :)

Honestly she needs to look in her own social circles. She needs a man who is at home in the kind of life she lives. Her ex was a fish out if water. Jack is too, but Eugenie lives a slightly more private life then her sister does. Bea would be better with someone from the aristocracy or at least gentry. Someone who is used to the kind of pace she lives.

In the past, as a daughter of the Queen's second son, she would probably have married into some continental European royal family. Times have changed though: there aren't that many royal families anymore, inter-dynastic marriages are very rare nowadays, and the British royals do not mingle very often with continental royals. In the end, Beatrice, despite being an HRH, is a junior royal, who is not particularly wealthy, not particularly attractive, and unlikely to play a prominent role under her uncle's or her cousin's future reigns. I also think she would be better off marrying a peer's son, or at least marrying into an old, landed gentry family, but I'm skeptical about the chances of that happening.

Last edited:
Times have sure changed from Queen Victoria's day...when it comes to marriages.

LaRae

In the past, as a daughter of the Queen's second son, she would probably have married into some continental European royal family. Times have changed though: there aren't that many royal families anymore, inter-dynastic marriages are very rare nowadays, and the British royals do not mingle very often with continental royals. In the end, Beatrice, despite being an HRH, is a junior royal, who is not particularly wealthy, not particularly attractive, and unlikely to play a prominent role under her uncle's or her cousin's future reigns. I also think she would be better off marrying a peer's son, or at least marrying into an old, landed gentry family, but I'm skeptical about the chances of that happening.

I don't recall saying I thought she should marry a royal.:ermm:

I actually think that her having little royal roll works in her favor. William and now Harry especially have had trouble finding women willing to date a royal. For a royal woman it would be harder. A husband of Bea won't be expected to give up his work, his private life. He will get to have a normal life.

Bea has trust funds like her cousins. She gets invited to events like troopong. She has her only royal niche. Do we really want a social climber who likes her because she is rich or has a title?

The fact is Beatrice moves in much posher circles then even her cousins. Many of her friends are gentry or aristocracy. She is often seen at the continental weddings, the private ones, like Cassiraghi, Prince Amadeo and so on. If any British royal had a chance at a titled spouse, it is her of Eugenie. So no it's not unthinkable she could wind up with a husband from gentry or aristocracy.

It seems the continental royals and Aristos are less snobby about her being a junior royal then some opinions on here. A junior royal of a reigning monarchy seems pretty on par with a former monarchy or noble house.

I think (and believe she is) Bea should take time out from anything relationship wise. She entered a ten year relationship at eighteen (a kid in a relationship that lasted longer than a lot of marriages!), so very young then and is now still only in her twenties.

That Dave has stormed ahead and is now engaged, well, good for him. Hope that all works out.

She has already achieved a lot (mountains and marathons) alone. My (un-asked for!) advise? Be the rich young lady that you are! Enjoy life, see where it takes you and don't neglete the charity work your family roots dictate. You never know who who you might meet!

Last edited:
It has been a year. That is enough time to deal with the break. I am not saying she should rush out and get engaged like Dave.
But enough time has passed that she should begin dating again.

It has been a year. That is enough time to deal with the break. I am not saying she should rush out and get engaged like Dave.

It's a very personal matter. Sometimes it takes a good minute for a person to even want to start dating again.

We have no idea she hasn't. We have very little insight into her private life. It would be easy enough for her to keep it quiet. She certainly had an active social life, there may be a man or many men. I highly doubt she is going up jump into a relationship any time soon but dating is another matter.

We have no idea she hasn't. We have very little insight into her private life. It would be easy enough for her to keep it quiet. She certainly had an active social life, there may be a man or many men. I highly doubt she is going up jump into a relationship any time soon but dating is another matter.

On the contrary, thanks to relentless stalking by the DM and Beatrice's tendency to frequent high-profile venues, we have a pretty good view of her private life. If she had a boyfriend, we would know all about it. She's not the type to smuggle unsuitable lovers into St. James's Palace in the boot of a car. She seems like a very nice girl and it would be fantastic for her to land the right man.

We actually don't. We get an article every couple of weeks but what does she do in between? I hardly think she is sitting at home contemplating her navel in those weeks when the DM doesn't run a Beatrice is on holidays story or out to an expensive place for lunch or dinner story. She may very well be having someone living with her at SJP or she may go to large country houses and meets up with a boy there - or even at Royal Lodge.

On the contrary, thanks to relentless stalking by the DM and Beatrice's tendency to frequent high-profile venues, we have a pretty good view of her private life. If she had a boyfriend, we would know all about it. She's not the type to smuggle unsuitable lovers into St. James's Palace in the boot of a car. She seems like a very nice girl and it would be fantastic for her to land the right man.

I think she could keep it quiet for awhile if both she and the young man were so motivated. They could enter and leave separately and the photographers would not be interested.

Also as I said, if she is just dating, what is there to notice? Twenty somethings don't just jump from one relationship to next. She may be going out on dates. If she isn't seen with the same person all the time, wouldn't catch much attention. She could also be dating in New York where she gets less publicity. Unlike Eugenie London is not her full time home.

Yes when she ready for a true boyfriend, will be harder to hide. But dating not so much.

Also as I said, if she is just dating, what is there to notice? Twenty somethings don't just jump from one relationship to next.

Oh, they jump, baybee. Were you never in your twenties?

She may be going out on dates. If she isn't seen with the same person all the time, wouldn't catch much attention. She could also be dating in New York where she gets less publicity. Unlike Eugenie London is not her full time home.

Yes when she ready for a true boyfriend, will be harder to hide. But dating not so much.

There is no way this woman is dating anyone now. She appears to be constantly unhappy, she staggers around NY dressed in clothing that is NOT in any way close to professional, she's stuck going out and about with her grasping mother, and if she was on a date, anywhere, the media would get some mysterio 'heads up" from the person they always get the tip from, "a friend."

:previous: Exactly!

Beatrice looks unhappy, although she seems to be trying to put up a decent front. But as I said before, she appears to be very lonely.

If she was dating, she would be photographed with someone at least occasionally, but she is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom