The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
If the Queen dies in lets say ten years or even before that(I hope not), would Beatrice's position in the Royal Family change since she would be a Counselor of State until George is 21.
If she's still living in NYC then she doesn't qualify to be a CoS, it would go to Eugenie.

I doubt either woman's life would change. The late Earl of Harewood at one point was a CoS and his position(or lack thereof) in the BRF didn't change.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

A councilor of state isn't really that big of a deal. With modern transportation the time a monarch is out of the country isn't that long anymore. King Charles isn't going to be gone for six months like the Queen was after the coronation. Plus there will be multiple CoS to choose from. William and Harry will be probably their father's first choices. Since its prep for William to become King and Harry like his brother are ones already.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

I think Camilla will be Charles' first choice for CoS. She doesn't travel as much as he does. Especially, in 10 years when she'll be just shy of her 80th birthday.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I would imagine there will be a lot of travel front loaded into the beginning of Charles's reign especially to realms like Canada, NZ and Australia where Camilla being Queen would have to come to.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

There are 5 at all times. The consort (currently Philip) and 4 closest heirs over 21 and who live in UK (POW can be at 18). If QEII died, Camilla, Will, Harry, Andrew and Eugenie would all be COS. If she died tomorrow and Philip was alive, there may be debate. Queen Mum they made an exception for which would allow her to remain a COS. Philip, considering his age, they may not. Its not a matter of choice of Charles.

Camilla travels abroad with Charles and likely to continue for many years. Unlike Philip,she isn't much older than her spouse.

That said I don't think it will change her life. I do think when the older royals retire. Charles will need support and his nieces will likely be called on some times.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I would imagine there will be a lot of travel front loaded into the beginning of Charles's reign especially to realms like Canada, NZ and Australia where Camilla being Queen would have to come to.

And possibly even come as a 'family' with the sons and grandkids (QEII did a tour to Australia once with Charles and Anne and went to Canada with all four children as well in 1976).

In that situation then Andrew and Beatrice would be the CoS.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

4 kids to Canada in 1976 - to the Montreal Olympics to watch Anne? Other than something like CHOMG where C&C and W&K could attend together, a tour with C&C, Cambridges and Harry seems unlikely especially in early in the reign.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
His life would change up a bit if he marries her. Dave would be included in the family gatherings and family events. I'm sure he's used to it by now, since he's been welcomed by the family over the years though. He would be under some scrutiny by being her husband too.
Ah, shades of Chris, Swedish Princess Madeleine's husband. That threat would be enough to scare off anyone, methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I could not imagine going back to NYC in August to lick my wounds. Hot, lonely, sticky. But, ah, I see she is in the Hamptons. Now that's a grand place from which one can move on...
And who knows, maybe she already has. New fella, maybe? One never knows.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Bea seems to be laying low since the split.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Bea seems to be laying low since the split.
The social season is closing, but I get the feeling we'll see her sometime this year. I'm not sure she and Dave are totally over though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-30-2016, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The social season is closing, but I get the feeling we'll see her sometime this year. I'm not sure she and Dave are totally over though.
Why do you think that?
Old 08-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Why do you think that?
I just get the feeling that those two will talk things about over some time. They've been together for a long time. Not sure they're going their separate ways and not speak to each other. If there's still a spark of love there, they'll talk things through. Could be just a bump in the road.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2016, 12:15 AM
Courtier

My niece had been with her partner for 10 she hadn't got pregnant so they had go through some steps to work out why etc. He cam home one day and said I can't do this I don't want this anymore and he moved out. My niece was crushed but she never cut off contact with him so over (I think it was 3 months) she kept talking to him and then they got back together he finally proposed a few months later then my niece had an operation and fell pregnant straight away. Sometimes time apart makes things clearer there would be pressure from everyone after 10 years together. So it is possible in time they will get back together or they will see they both want different things and really be split up.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I just get the feeling that those two will talk things about over some time. They've been together for a long time. Not sure they're going their separate ways and not speak to each other. If there's still a spark of love there, they'll talk things through. Could be just a bump in the road.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear about them getting back together some time in the future.
Of course we have no idea why they split in the first place, we can only second guess.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to hear about them getting back together some time in the future.
Of course we have no idea why they split in the first place, we can only second guess.
I don't expect them to get back together, or more to the point, I don't think that they should. Some people say it's like William and Kate, who broke up for a while only to get back together, but that happened 3 or 4 years after they finished university, and they were both 26. Dave is 32 and has been working and with Beatrice for 10 years. I just think that if he didn't want to marry her after all this time, then why would she want to marry him now? Beatrice should be with a man who is sure about her and knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with her.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I don't expect them to get back together, or more to the point, I don't think that they should. Some people say it's like William and Kate, who broke up for a while only to get back together, but that happened 3 or 4 years after they finished university, and they were both 26. Dave is 32 and has been working and with Beatrice for 10 years. I just think that if he didn't want to marry her after all this time, then why would she want to marry him now? Beatrice should be with a man who is sure about her and knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with her.
William and Catherine were 24 and 25 when they had their brief split. Also they graduated in 2005, so it was closer to two years after uni.

I don't know if Dave and Beatrice will get back together, heck I don't know if they really split or if it's just tabloid mischief. But if it's the former then I'm not worried about Beatrice. I think she'd move on relatively quickly, like she did after her last breakup. When her and Paolo split, it was only a few months later she was smitten with Dave. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year she was in a relationship either with Dave or a new man, with her being happy as a clam. She looked cheery in her birthday pic that her friend posted, too.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
No one knows what's really going on with Beatrice and Dave. If they really did split, it could be that they hit a bump in the road. It could be they split for good. No one really know the real situation. Sometimes this happens to couples. Sometimes couples decide to take some time apart to figure out some things, and sometimes couples decide to simply move on.

I'm guessing this story is to be continued...

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2016, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't expect them to get back together, or more to the point, I don't think that they should.

Neither do I.
I read that Beatrice sounded out Dave about a possible marriage in 2015 but didn't get a satisfactory response.

(I think he used her to advance his career and didn't really care about her. She ought to move on and find somebody better).
Old 08-31-2016, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Neither do I.
I read that Beatrice sounded out Dave about a possible marriage in 2015 but didn't get a satisfactory response.

(I think he used her to advance his career and didn't really care about her. She ought to move on and find somebody better).
Well, you were right about Pippa and Nico, so I'll trust your judgement on Beatrice and Dave.

Now that I think about it, Nico and Dave kind of remind me of each other for some reason.

I wonder if Beatrice has her own James Matthews in her life. I know she's longtime friends with Sam Goldstone, does she have any other close male friends?
Old 08-31-2016, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Oops, I was wrong about William and Kate's ages - for some reason I was calculating it as though they were born in 1981 and not 1982. Then they were even younger than I thought when they broke up, which fits what they later said in their engagement interview that they were still young and 'finding themselves.'

Quote:
No one knows what's really going on with Beatrice and Dave. If they really did split, it could be that they hit a bump in the road. It could be they split for good. No one really know the real situation. Sometimes this happens to couples. Sometimes couples decide to take some time apart to figure out some things, and sometimes couples decide to simply move on.

I'm guessing this story is to be continued...
Well, Beatrice hasn't been seen with Dave in public for about 2 months, and no one has come out to contradict the story, so I think that they did split. If the split wasn't over marriage, then maybe it would be different, but so far the rumour is that they split because Dave didn't want to marry her. If he didn't know he wanted to marry her, after 10 years and at the age of 32, then if Beatrice were my friend I would hope for her to find someone new. Every girl (and guy!) should be with someone who loves them enough to be sure about them. Not sure at the outset, necessarily, but sure after 10 years.

Tags
current events, princess beatrice