The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Excellent post, she seems to be completely opposite to William and Harry who combine royal duties and a job. Dare I say raised by different parents with different values.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
My thoughts exactly!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5h5 hours ago
Beatrice finally started work at a private equity firm in NY last month, eight months after quitting her last job.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Serene Highness

Yes we know she can get jobs. But that she can't or won't keep them is the issue... A lack of discpline? Trouble taking orders from bosses? Issues Getting along with or relating to non Royal or noble co workers maybe or just no real motivation?

Is a puzzlement:)
Old 08-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What I would like to see come out is exactly how much Bea spends to go on these "vacations". I think we'd be very surprised at how little it costs her. Dave works for Branson so most likely cheap or free air fares and a lot of the places she does, she goes by invite.
My understanding is that Dave has left Branson's to work for Uber.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
My understanding is that Dave has left Branson's to work for Uber.
Thanks for the reminder. I had totally forgotten about his move over to Uber.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-08-2015, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
. Camilla worked as a single woman and was not paid for by the British public. Diana (r.i.p) worked as a single woman and was not paid for by the British public. Beatrice's wealth comes from the Royal Family who are paid for by whom? Who was currently suffering due to the current economic downturn? That Duc, in my humble opinion is the difference between Beatrice and The DOC and Diana, Princess of Wales.
I think you missed the important word 'barely' in my post. Both Camilla and Lady Diana had a very limited work experience before engaging into marriage. It was not much more than that of Princess Beatrice now.

By the way: the Duke of York neither receives an income from the Civil List nor does enjoy a Parliamentary Annuity. The expenses incurred from carrying out official duties continue to be paid by The Queen from her private income mainly through the Duchy of Lancaster. In the past the Duke ejoyed a Parliamentary Annuity but between 1993 and 2012 the Queen voluntarily refunded the cost of these annuities to the Treasury.

So all by all, we can say that it is very much the royal family's own money. When you read that the late Diana, Princess of Wales, on herself "just" a younger daughter of an Earl, left 10 million Pound to each of her sons, aside from other assets, then for sure the Duke of York, a younger son from a Sovereign, will have something on his bank account too...

This week we have seen the wedding of Donna Beatrice Borromeo, freelance working for an Italian magazine, and Pierre Casiraghi, without regular job. Well, this journaliste and jobless man held a lavish wedding bash. No problem: they come from wealthy families. That is not different with Princess Beatrice.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The vast majority of the inheritance that Diana left to her sons William and Harry was derived from her divorce settlement from Charles, though. Charles probably helped with Camilla's expenses before they married.

Andrew has had some generous friends over the years and they have helped to keep Andrew and his ex wife solvent. We don't know how much Beatrice was left by the Queen Mother, nor the details of the Trust Fund which it appears was set up by the Queen for Beatrice and Eugenie at the time of Andrew's divorce. Beatrice may very well have enough in her Trust fund to manage on without worrying too much about working until she marries Dave Clark, who comes from a wealthy background apparently.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree about the Trust Fund. These seem to appear in other monarchies as well. Queen Juliana of the Netherlands established Trust Funds for her three younger daughters, Queen Beatrix established Trust Funds for her two younger sons. Result: all these junior royals enjoy the pleasure of a carefree life.

For so far Princess Beatrice has not had big expenses, meaning purchasing big homes or something. The working capital of her Trust Fund will be protected and interest-on-interest will make it grow. To me it indeed looks as if she does not even need Daddy to pay for her parties or her outfits.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

So if understad correctly from all posts here purpose of Beatrice (and maybe another royal ladies) is to make vacations (x3) on the breaks to find a job (it does matter the country) and finally in the right age to marry someone good guy (rich) to make her family.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:45 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
So if understad correctly from all posts here purpose of Beatrice (and maybe another royal ladies) is to make vacations (x3) on the breaks to find a job (it does matter the country) and finally in the right age to marry someone good guy (rich) to make her family.
This is where I truly believe that Beatrice (and Eugenie) have the best of both worlds. She is a private citizen yet a princess of the UK by birth in her own right. She doesn't have to work to maintain a lifestyle or pay the bills yet she is trying to find her niche in the financial world. She doesn't do royal duties or charities working for the "Firm" yet she has quite a few charities of her own that she supports and backs. She is not under any kind of obligation to marry and provide royal heirs but can marry whomever she chooses and opt out to be a stay at home mom when the time comes if that is what she wants.

All in all, Beatrice is in a win win situation.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-08-2015, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The "purpose" of Princess Beatrice apparently seems to live the life she wants and... she is very lucky she can do so indeed.

But your description actually does apply pretty closely on a lot of ladies in the same circumstances as Princess Beatrice. They will hopefully marry a good guy. For an example a Lady Melissa Percy whom married Thomas van Straubenzee (a friend of Prince William). Or her cousin Lucy Caroline Cuthbert who married Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan Al Saud. Maybe they will do a job, maybe not. That is their luck, they do not depend on it at all.

For me it is nonsense that Princess Beatrice has to fill racks at Sainsbury's or something while she has more at her disposal than she can ever earn in her life. Just to "soothen" public opinion. Who is fooling who then?

Old 08-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

In the other "soothen" the public opinion with so many negative publicity she have? Just i don't know maybe people here from England tell us better.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, the child has a job now! So what's the problem? If she was a senior working royal, I would understand the criticism, but she's not.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

She is senior enough that in all likelihood she will be called upon to carry out the duties of the monarch at some point in her life. Unless The Queen lives to see George turn 21 then Beatrice will serve as a Counsellor of State (that means The Queen has to live to be 108).
Old 08-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Nor is she required to work because she needs to pay the bills.

I agree that its best to lay low but based on how the Yorks are perceived in England..in this instance she can't win. She was criticized when she worked (Cause she took someone else's job) and when she doesn't work (she is a lazy lay about).

But she doesn't even seem to have a purpose - or a cause - or a "thing". She seems directionless, honestly.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
But she doesn't even seem to have a purpose - or a cause - or a "thing". She seems directionless, honestly.

I agree with this; what are her interests?
She seems to drift from one holiday to another, interspersed with London parties and an occasional (glam) charity event.

Doesn't she have a passion for something, anything?
Old 08-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She is senior enough that in all likelihood she will be called upon to carry out the duties of the monarch at some point in her life. Unless The Queen lives to see George turn 21 then Beatrice will serve as a Counsellor of State (that means The Queen has to live to be 108).
She supports her grandmother a great deal at palace engagements. Beatrice is there more than her senior cousins and cousin-in-law and show up when you least expect it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, that's what most, but not all responders think, on average here. Just understand - we don't know that. We base that on what we observe, what's been leaked and what has been made up in the press. There are lots of equally valid other opinions about them. I would guess that their friends have a better understanding of things than we do. But, as good friends, they don't share with the press. The one thing that would gut any hopes of F/T royal jobs for quite a while would be to share secrets with friends who leak to the press. Bad form, that.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Bea would not be a CoS in the Queen's reign (assuming no one has a premature death) It's consort plus first 4 adults in line. She will when Charles takes the throne. However since 2 are only needed when the monarch leaves the country for more than a couple of days, she might never be picked. Charles could use his 2 sons instead of his niece. When George becomes 21, Bea would be bumped out the top 4 adults and probably remain outside as Charlotte and future WK's and Harry's kids become adults.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In the other "soothen" the public opinion with so many negative publicity she have? Just i don't know maybe people here from England tell us better.
With this I meant that Princess Beatrice most likely will never depend on a paid job and it looks like she has to take a job at Sainsbury's (a supermarket) only to show for the public: "Hey... see, I am working too!". Then the question is: who is fooling who? The Princess is a lucky lady to have been born in a rich family. Good for her. Enjoy the tennis at Wimbledon, enjoy the Henley Regatta, enjoy Royal Ascot and have a nice tour with Abramovich and Oprah!

Tags
current events, princess beatrice