The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Have to wait for confirmation and details.
Who's going to confirm it? When Wills and Catherine "took a break" nobody confirmed that.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

IF TRUE, and its a big 'IF', i'm saddened as I always had a soft spot for 'smiley' Dave, who seems a decent sort...

Old 08-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who's going to confirm it? When Wills and Catherine "took a break" nobody confirmed that.
I'm waiting for some royal reporters to talk more about it. I'm also waiting to see if Beatrice and Dave will show up some place together. They just vacationed together. The DM declared James and Donna over and they had to make them declare the story not true.

Waiting for more confirmation is for the best.

The William and Catherine confirmed theirs with their actions and there were statements from royal correspondents Peter Hunt and others at the time.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Rebecca English says the couple are on a break.

Basically Beatrice and Dave are doing a W&C, taking a break to see if they want to spend their lives together or apart. They've spent a lot of time with each other, so they both perhaps need sometime to themselves.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Rebecca English says the couple are on a break.

Basically Beatrice and Dave are doing a W&C, taking a break to see if they want to spend their lives together or apart. They've spent a lot of time with each other, so they both perhaps need sometime to themselves.
Okay, so they hit a bump in the road and now have to figure some things out. I do think they're coming up to the time if they want to take things to another level. It's been a while for them so sometimes this happens.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Rebecca English commented on twitter that having spoken to friends of the couple - the story is true but they are describing it as a "break" and never say never to a reunion

If this is the case then its sad for both parties - a 10 year relationship breaking down is not nice for either of them. You did always get the vibe that Beatrice was more invested into the relationship and Dave was more into the connections it came with.

We were all waiting for the engagement and York wedding as after that length of time thats the next stage you expect.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've never got the feeling Dave was with Beatrice because of her royal connections. I have always seen a couple that loved each other, enjoyed hitting the town together and he was welcomed by her parents, sister and wider family.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As I see it, taking a break can go one of two ways. Absence makes the heart grow fonder or absence makes the heart go wander. Either way, I do think its a good thing to step back after a long relationship and find out where the heart really lies before making any kind of a major commitment.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As I see it, taking a break can go one of two ways. Absence makes the heart grow fonder or absence makes the heart go wander. Either way, I do think its a good thing to step back after a long relationship and find out where the heart really lies before making any kind of a major commitment.
Hey, the Cambs did it and it turned out what they wanted was each other.

I think a lot of people were sensing that the time was nearing on what direction Beatrice and Dave would go. With Bea's job changes of late, I think she's trying to figure some things out. She's working in New York, he's in New York, so I guess we're going to see how everything goes.

They're good people though, and really don't need bad speculations thrust upon them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hey, the Cambs did it and it turned out what they wanted was each other.

I think a lot of people were sensing that the time was nearing on what direction Beatrice and Dave would go. With Bea's job changes of late, I think she's trying to figure some things out. She's working in New York, he's in New York, so I guess we're going to see how everything goes.

They're good people though, and really don't need bad speculations thrust upon them.

I don't think Beatrice is still in NYC; wasn't it just announced that she is setting up a consultancy in London?
Old 08-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

I suspect we will be reading a few more stories speculating about this relationship. It makes more sense in a way if they are on a break. I suspect after 10 years together they may realise how much their lives are joined together and decide they can make a go of it. If they are only on a break it would not at all surprise me if they are walking down the aisle by this time next year.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think Beatrice is still in NYC; wasn't it just announced that she is setting up a consultancy in London?
Well, it still stands that she's trying to figure her personal life out. Real life isn't easy and sometimes one just have to step back and straighten out oneself. They are reaching the point where marriage and future together is coming into play.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I suspect we will be reading a few more stories speculating about this relationship. It makes more sense in a way if they are on a break. I suspect after 10 years together they may realise how much their lives are joined together and decide they can make a go of it. If they are only on a break it would not at all surprise me if they are walking down the aisle by this time next year.

It is in most of the papers, but they just seem to be repeating the same things from the DM. Nothing more.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Have to wait for confirmation and details.
Could be waiting!

Unless either party are willing to make an annoumcement!

Unlike William's break-up in 2007 (as a direct in line to the throne), this is a private matter.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Could be waiting!

Unless either party are willing to make an annoumcement!

Unlike William's break-up in 2007 (as a direct in line to the throne), this is a private matter.
I'm waiting to see their actions though. To see if they are going to show up at an event or priivate night out together. It's a bit easy for them to not be seen together now that the summer social season is coming to a close, but I'm just looking to see what they are doing.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I actually didn't see this coming. I thought there would be an engagement announcement soon.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Perhaps she did do it (propose) and Dave was not interested. If he truly loved her, he would want to marry her, and he obviously doesn't.

I too have wondered if he was using her for a status symbol, particularly during the years he worked for Branson.

(There's also been some curious comments about this, hinting that Dave's preferences may be in a different direction! But that might just be a rumor).
There are many reasons a couple may not be married, not simply owing to not "truly" loving someone. One or both might not believe in marriage, or they might not feel ready for marriage, or they haven't prioritized it, or it's not important, or so on.

People have made a stink about how Beatrice and Dave must not really be in love, or Dave must not be committed, for years now but we honestly have no idea why they have chosen not to get married. It's not like either of them has ever publicly said anything on the matter. Really the speculation on the matter is typically based on old stereotypes.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

It's Bea's 28th birthday tomorrow ..... don't expect anything public there either! Hoping the media don't expect to either!

This family have been so exposed to the media down through the years (and absolute! a lot through the parents) I hope the girls are treated more gently by the press. Not that we have seen much of that so far! Remembering the HAT situation Bea caused at William's wedding ..... she turned it on it's head and raked in shedloads of money for charity auctioning it off! Clever girl and good business woman!
Old 08-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Really the speculation on the matter is typically based on old stereotypes.

And how do stereotypes get to be stereotypes?
Old 08-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
And how do stereotypes get to be stereotypes?
Through time!

A type repeats itself often enough and there you go!

It's by no means a rule however!

Tags
current events, princess beatrice