Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how Beatrice has thrown herself into her work. She's on a roll here.

She is doing a wonderful job on this trip so far:flowers: I love how many scarves she has in trying to interact with everyone. Doing a great job:)

New patronage? I don't recall her doing anything eye related before. I do hope we see more. She really does glow when given a chance, sadly she gets little press for her work. Not as exciting as posting her holiday photos.

She is doing a wonderful job on this trip so far:flowers: I love how many scarves she has in trying to interact with everyone. Doing a great job:)

New patronage? I don't recall her doing anything eye related before. I do hope we see more. She really does glow when given a chance, sadly she gets little press for her work. Not as exciting as posting her holiday photos.

I think it's a major problem that the young members of the Royal family have. There's very little focus on their work and it leads to less respect for their genuine contributions to society and the people. There's more focus on their vacations and wardrobe.

Hmm I've read in a couple of places that Bea is carrying out these events on behalf of the DOY, any merit to that? I would think this visit is like the the York gals did with the Germany an unofficial visit.

:previous: That does not devalue the sterling work Beatrice is doing. She is a natural with people and seeing her enjoying herself while doing something worthwhile is great as, like Harry, she has a wonderful smile and throws herself into whatever she is doing.

I loved that the Challenge called for a large expenditure of time and energy with training which, judging from all the nasty fluff pieces written in the DM and such, they all missed that she was spending a large chunk of time swimming, cycling, hiking, etc. and not actually grazing, and partying through the best restaurants and nightclubs.

And should the visiting she is doing now be filling in for her mother, she's still killing it with her investment in time, energy and joy. Everyone meeting her seems more than happy to see her and she is more than happy to see them, so win, win!

Bonus point. Any positive publicity goes to the BRF, deserved or not.

Princess Beatrice Will be at Asia Game Changers Awards 2016Awardees Will Be Honored a

Awardees Will Be Honored at Asia Game Changer Awards Dinner and Celebration at the U.N. on October 27, 2016

NEW YORK, September 13, 2016 — Asia Society today announced the 2016 Asia Game Changers, recognizing those making a transformative and positive difference for the future of Asia and the world.
Asia Society Announces 2016 Asia Game Changers | Asia Society

Princess Beatrice will be there to present one of the Awards

Interestedly enough Dr Sanduk Ruit will be presented an award. The same eye doctor she has been traveling with in Nepal.

Bonus point. Any positive publicity goes to the BRF, deserved or not.

Yes, but the problem is that there is rarely any positive publicity.
There is usually negative publicity about how Beatrice is work-shy, and prefers to go jet-setting around the world for her charities.

And that also goes to the BRF, deserved or not.

Yes, but the problem is that there is rarely any positive publicity.
There is usually negative publicity about how Beatrice is work-shy, and prefers to go jet-setting around the world for her charities.

And that also goes to the BRF, deserved or not.

Usually the press is about her jet setting around the world for pleasure - weddings in exotic locations, vacations in warm places, attendance at sporting and fashion events. Her occasional appearance or activity for a miscellaneous charity isn't going change the press narrative that Beatrice seems incapable of or disinterested in maintaining gainful employment.

^ I wouldn't call her charity work occasional. The one thing that is quite constant these last few years is her charity work. I'd say she does a decent amount of charity work.

Anyways apparently she had a private meeting with the Bhutan Royal Family.

And there we go. The usual spite and bile with little regard for truth.

Why denigrate Beatrice for "jet-setting" for charity when it's all warm fuzzies if Harry nips over to Africa for his charity? It shows a really nasty double standard both by the DM and those who query whether she has a job. She could spend her life with this century's version of the Sloan Rangers!

I've come to realize that if I see an article with the words Sebastian Shakespeare in the link, I ignore it. Guy must really have some ego needing to be stroked by having his name first and foremost and in all capital letters at that.

Makes it easier to ignore him I think. :D

Maybe it's because Harry has been doing his charity for years and spending a couple of months there at a time with no pap shot's. Where as Beatrice pops up every now and then usually at a party doing "charity" work. She hasn't has a real job for months she did what a marathon which most people had no idea about which actually defeats the entire purpose. So when has Bea done all this charity work? She has mostly been pictured on vacation and popping up here or there for a charity dinner etc. I would love to see the statistics of how much she does. What has the charity she set up with all the other wealthy children actually done for others?

^^

^ Bea has been promoting her charity work in Nepal and the strive challenge through her twitter and gave an interview through hello for the strive strive challenge. I don't see it as a bad thing . I always seen it like this if you are a royal your are the public face/ ambassador of said charity, so promoting the event's is just part of the job. It's not like she get much recognition for any charity work she does in the first place so.... On some intances we'd be lucky to get a photo off the social network else we would have never heard or seen her at some charity events

This year Bea has done around 31+ events related through charity, and I'm pretty sure she will do more and that's just the one's we know about. It's not her fault the press tend to ignore her work like for instance the western press did not write how she was visiting an orphanage for hours in Nepal, when there's pictures and Bea gave interviews to local reporters too.

Big change gives grants to schools, etc. The like to fund progammes that help children in schools. They also fund other programmers such as frontline.
You can read up on all this on their site. It goes into detail click the boxes on the right sidebar to view how they help and such Growth Mindset Research | Big Change

Anyways speaking of charity work Bea's 9 day visit to Nepal, India snd Bhutan is over. you can view more pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1175044012563124&id=871331082934420
or on her twitter.

Last edited:
She's far from stylish. That coat thing is horrible.

LaRae

How is what she does any different then her cousins? Or senior royals ? None of them get their hands dirty and do actual charity work, well rare exception like Harry in Africa. They attend parties, cut ribbons and pose for pics. And yes they travel. If this was Kate, it would be her bring a princess and oh wow look at her new engagements and her lovely dress. Because it's Bea, it's wow she is a lazy party girl, why can't she for real work :bang:

Until the past three months due had a full time job, a huge time commitment. Many of her do called holidays during that time were back to the uk to support her grandmother and other causes. Beatrice has always been devoted to her handful of patronages. The past year or two she has stepped up even more.

She has started a foundation with the Brandon kids, something which of course the press's over look. The triathlon was part of this. This isn't the first event like this she has done Since the London marathon. She has competed in numerous events and raised a great deal of money.

What has she been doing the last three months? Training for a gruelling triathlon, which is no simple matter. Planning for her ten day trip to Nepal and Bhutan. Attending events for her other patronages. It seems along with the Branson charity she is also involved with this eye one. Great to see her taking on new patronages. I look forward to see her at the awards show.

But by all means meadow let's see all the statistics of the charity work her cousins do. Because they don't have jobs either. And unlike Beatrice, they do get funding for their 'charity work'

I have nothing against either of the York sisters, they're pretty harmless imo but that you keep repeating they 'support' their grandmother isn't really accurate.

Anytime either sister is deemed to have represented the monarchy they get CC credit. With the Yorks it amounts to a handful of times a year. This doesn't mean Bea doesn't do other things though. Most of what Bea and Eug do is considered private rather than royal work.

How is what she does any different then her cousins? Or senior royals ?

It's different because it has been made clear that Beatrice's efforts are neither wanted nor needed by the RF, at least not in any official capacity.

So basically she is fluttering around on her own, and the press is asking why she is not gainfully employed.

(I think Beatrice and Eugenie have been placed in such an awkward position by the ill-considered actions of their parents. If not for that, Beatrice would probably be allowed to join in representing the Queen, a task she apparently enjoys.)

I have nothing against either of the York sisters, they're pretty harmless imo but that you keep repeating they 'support' their grandmother isn't really accurate.

Anytime either sister is deemed to have represented the monarchy they get CC credit. With the Yorks it amounts to a handful of times a year. This doesn't mean Bea doesn't do other things though. Most of what Bea and Eug do is considered private rather than royal work.

What the York sisters do as far as their charity work can be related even to the Cambridges and Harry. Some of the stuff W&K&H do are for their own Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and some of the stuff they do, they do as representatives of their monarch.

Beatrice and Eugenie 99.9% of the time do what they do for their own private charities and patronages and not as representatives of their monarch.

It would be better to say that these two girls reflect well on their family rather than "support" their grandmother. Its confusing HM, The Queen's role as monarch and their loving Granny.

When the sisters attend palace engagements, Trooping the Colour, or any official event, they are supporting The Queen. Their charity work is their own duties and work, but also a reflect on the family's work.

Words fail me. I just don't know what to say about that getup Beatrice is wearing so I'll just post this cute cat. :catmoon:

All I can say is..... MEOUCH!

Ah, Halloween. Makes fools of many of us.
But risque? She is literally buttoned up and wearing layers, hair included. :ROFLMAO:
Seriously, search Getty for "Unicef UK Halloween Ball;" there was risque.

Hehe. oh well. i give her a break - this is after all a halloween ball.

Not sure what she is supposed to be, but after all...Halloween means just about anything goes.

That outfit screams "oh shoot, I ripped my costume and can't wear it...I think I'll just keep the headgear and throw on something else from my closet. Something silvery? I don't know, I should have left five minutes ago, so I'll just put on the the thing I lay my hands on."

It isnt Halloween for a couple of weeks and that outfit is beyond awful it looks like she just threw on some stuff she just looks ridiculous. It isnt risque it's just bizarre and unattractive. It isnt like she doesnt have the time to put some effort in these things. But hey it got her attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom