The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

The speaking circuit if filled with people who make a living or earn extra income by speaking on various subjects, most are not famous or known. They are just ordinary people who think they have something meaningful to say. Motivational speakers are hired by all types of organizations and most are 'unknown' people who are the speakers.

It is a disservice to Beatrice to assume she has nothing to offer/say.
She may attract a bit more because she is the granddaughter of the Queen but that does not mean she is any less qualified than all the other motivational speakers.

Here are Beatrice's proposed topics, only one is a about her being a Princess.

Everyone needs help once in a while.

Finding purpose in your life.

When small goals become big accomplishments

Finding your true potential in the New Philanthropy

An Evening with Princess Beatrice

The first four can be geared towards anyone, especially youth and are topics most people can relate to and speak on.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

True. I am sure that she is being encouraged to follow the Micheal of Kent's approach and use her royal status as means to make a living as Michael and Marie-Christine does. So long as it is legal where is the problem?

Old 05-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

If Beatrice can make a living doing this, more power to her.

I find it hard to believe anyone would pay to hear her, but then, I find it hard to believe Fergie gets $50,000 to $100,000 per appearance!

(I should have more faith in P.T. Barnum.)
Old 05-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

If Kim Kardashian can be paid thousands for appearing for 10 minutes at a party and not even speaking, I have no trouble believing Bea could. Imagine the publicity events would get by advertising her as attending. If nothing more, that will land her jobs.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, May 9, Beatrice attended the launch of Ally Hilfiger's book, 'Bite Me' hosted by Ally And Tommy Hilfiger in New York City.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Cover girl! Princess Beatrice hides her face with a copy of fashion heiress Ally Hilfiger's book **
Old 05-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice attends her second function of the week at anti-slavery gala | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-18-2016, 07:37 AM
Gentry

Princess Beatrice appears fixated with phone during Queen's birthday celebrations | Daily Mail Online

hmmmm......
Old 05-18-2016, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

not a good look in the royal box.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, May 17, Beatrice attended the Whitney Museum Annual Art Gala and Studio Party in New York City:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Gentry

Can't stand it when people are doing this. How can a phone being more important than the own grandma having 90th birthday? Very bad manners. Can't such Messages wait at all?
Old 05-18-2016, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

There could be many valid reasons for her to look at her phone or simply looking at pictures she took. Besides this was a show piece for the nation not a private family event where it would really have been rude. The Queen did not even look all that into it the majority of the time.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
There could be many valid reasons for her to look at her phone or simply looking at pictures she took. Besides this was a show piece for the nation not a private family event where it would really have been rude. The Queen did not even look all that into it the majority of the time.
I have to agree with you. HM didn't look all that engrossed in the pageantry except for perhaps the one moment when her face lights up and she exclaims "the cows!". Then again, the cameras were focused more on the performers than the spectators in the royal box.

I didn't see anything wrong with Beatrice looking at her phone. From what I could tell, it was just a split second. As we really have no clue what actually was going down at that moment, we're making mountains out of molehills.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

I said to my mother... The lady is 90. Queen or not she probably is not up for all this bustle. She has got to tired.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015

She probably enjoyed the horses more than she did the diamond jubilee pop music concert. If I remember right, she came later in the show to avoid siting through the whole thing

Regarding Bea, there weren't that many reactions shots of the Royal box so a couple of pictures can be misleading like on Remembrance Sunday when they always show Kate smiling or talking and people get up in arms but the pictures aren't during the ceremony but before it starts.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

After the Flower Show, PB dashed off to announce the winner of OBP

After the Chelsea Flower Show, Princess Beatrice dashed off to announce the winner of Oscar’s book Prize.
The Cow Who Climbed A Tree wins Oscar's Book Prize | Books | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard
Quite a few different pics on twitter of her giving some sort of speech at the book prize.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Beatrice and Eugenie wear rock chick style for fancy dress party | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice wears a red dress as she joins Kourtney Kardashian at Jimmy Carr's house*party | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-08-2016, 04:47 AM
Administrator

Beatrice is in Italy and attended the Convivio 2016 event in Milan yesterday, June 7:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 06-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Beatrice jets to Milan for fundraising event in aid of HIV victims | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

Great dress, great hair but why do I feel hypnotized now?

Tags
current events, princess beatrice