The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Of course it is - it is news because it shows that Beatrice:

a) doesn't have a job in NYC (how can she if she is in London?)
b) spends taxpayers money on luxuries (she, of course doesn't get any taxpayer money and her father only gets his official expenses reimbursed and then the Queen reimburses the government from the Duchy of Lancaster for those anyway - but as the Duchy money comes from taxpayers as she is a landlord then Beatrice is supported by the taxpayers - I wonder - do the British people demand that all public servants reveal all their expenditure as public servants are also paid from taxpayers' money?)
c) she, and her entire family, are out of touch with the suffering of many British people because that money could have feed/housed/educated/paid for - people who are without anything etc etc etc
d) she is a York and therefore good for nothing, a total waste of space etc etc

In case anyone thinks the above is a serious statement - it isn't - but it is why rags like the DM make a point of things like this - to bring down the House of Windsor.

Others may think of other reasons why this is news.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
Is this news???

The Daily Mail seems to think so. What the article tells me is that Sarah Barns needs a someone to check her spelling and grammar. It is cornflower blue, not cornflour, and Beatrice is Andrew's elder daughter, not eldest...unless he has another one that we don't know about. ETA And that shirt's not cornflower blue anyway.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Gentry

Is she on her way to work?
I thought the job was in America.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Majesty

AFAIK she is working in the USA. However, that doesn't mean that she doesn't travel to London on occasion.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Considering her firm deals with some European companies/designers, she likely combine family/work/charity involvement in one trip. Her firm represents UK based top shop and Karl Laugerfeld who has stores in London as well.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Plus we have a three day weekend in the US...President's Day.

If she is smart with scheduling her work time, she would have arranged to do some business in London before the long weekend.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Plus we have a three day weekend in the US...President's Day.

If she is smart with scheduling her work time, she would have arranged to do some business in London before the long weekend.
The 3-day was more for govt/postal/banking employees, just about everybody else with an 8-5, M-F job had to work today. Bea seems to be on vacation a lot, which leads me to believe Bea's "job" is really not much of one. Press releases by royals seem to want to give commoners the impression these people actually work and that they are normal people. Ummmm...really?
Old 02-16-2016, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To me, it really doesn't matter one bit what she does or doesn't do or if she works or she doesn't work. She's a private citizen and to be honest, most of the media reports are sheer speculation because she was "seen" here or photographed "there". She isn't a working "royal" but a private British citizen just like any other private British citizen. She just happens to have The Queen for a grandmother.

I don't believe I've actually seen many (if any) press releases by the royals that deal with Beatrice's comings and goings at all.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-16-2016, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

No except perhaps when she has done the rare official duty or engagement. Like when her and Eug did the Germany tour officially for the government. They don't have the secretaries, PR and other staff of a working royal as they aren't.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
The 3-day was more for govt/postal/banking employees, just about everybody else with an 8-5, M-F job had to work today. Bea seems to be on vacation a lot, which leads me to believe Bea's "job" is really not much of one. Press releases by royals seem to want to give commoners the impression these people actually work and that they are normal people. Ummmm...really?
Hmmm...that is actually not true and dependent on the company regarding the number of holidays that celebrate/acknowledge. I have been in corporate America for over 15 years and have always had President's Day off.

Based on what little we know of Beatrice's job, I would guess that a lot of it has to do with making contacts with people in her sphere of influence who would be comfortable with her firm managing their finances. Making the introductions and either making the conversion herself or introducing them to someone who has more financial experience who can convert the prospect.

People need to recognize that not every job is Monday thru Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM. In the corporate world deals can be made during the evening hours, contacts can be made during off hours, etc.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
" I guess the Princess could help open doors for him." (David Fife) That last sentence, even if it's only partly true, sums up the difficulties any member of the BRF has when working in private business anywhere in the English-speaking world.
It also illustrates the benefits of being a member of the BRF: there are many, many very well-educated young people with an interest in fashion who could fill a position like Beatrice's. She could never have gotten that job if her name was Beatrice Jones.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-16-2016, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Not that she isn't well educated (Goldsmiths university) or has experience, but you're right she would have had stiff competition from others. The sad fact about a lot of high paying jobs, it is often not so much about your education/experience but who you know. She certainly is not alone in landing a job because of her connections or name.

The reality is she cant escape who she is. Even if she changed her name to Beatrice Jones, she would be known. However she got the job, at least she is making an effort to work and make a life of her own.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Nobility

It's not just high paying jobs. It helps everyone to know someone. I know several people who got their jobs that way. After they where hired they had to prove their worth no matter what.

A famous face can help a company though. For her this is impossible to escape.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice Will Attend WEDAY 2016

Princess Beatrice Will Attend WEDAY 2016 on 9th of March 2016 at The SSE Arena, Wembley.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice sports henna tattoo as she parties at London's Chiltern Firehouse | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-20-2016, 08:32 AM
Courtier

Cute henna tattoo. It looks like Dave is wearing make-up in this pic.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1472/...28ef3a4b_b.jpg
Old 02-20-2016, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Look at the previous pic. I don't think it looks like Dave is wearing eye makeup.

It must be hellish to have people following you around like this. I think they are remarkably well controlled, because I'd be snarling at them and telling them to naff off the moment I spotted one of them lurking around watching me and moving to photograph me.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Look at the previous pic. I don't think it looks like Dave is wearing eye makeup.

It must be hellish to have people following you around like this. I think they are remarkably well controlled, because I'd be snarling at them and telling them to naff off the moment I spotted one of them lurking around watching me and moving to photograph me.
I think it looks like makeup, but it's probably because of the shadows. The rest of the photos he looks like his normal self.

I think it depends on the circumstance of the paparazzi. The Chiltern Firehouse is a celeb hotspot and paps always hang out there. They can't be furious or shocked there were photos there.

Otoh, when they are on private yachts, I'm sure they're annoyed at being followed. Rightfully so. It could be worse, the paps could literally wait outside her boyfriend's townhouse like they do for Pippa's boyfriends. I don't think Dave has ever had his own house under siege.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:58 AM
Nobility

Forget Me Not Hospice Lunch At Buckingham Palace on February 22 2016
https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.file...pg?w=300&h=230

https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.word...ingham-palace/
Old 02-24-2016, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, February 23, Beatrice attended the Cookies For Kid's 3rd Annual Chefs For Kid's Cancer Benefit at the Metropolitan West in New York City:

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Tags
current events, princess beatrice