The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its very possible that wherever Beatrice is working does not want the publicity of having a princess working for them with the media all over them and trying to "catch" Bea doing whatever it is she's doing. If she's working in the private sector as a private citizen, the public has absolutely no right to infringe on that.

That's my take on it anyhow.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Aristocracy

True if she is working for a fashion firm, that would explain the NY fashion week and the luxury conference in italy. Leave it to the press to leave that out of the equation. Also there have been people who have bumped into bea in the working sector don't know how much truth is in those tweets, but worth a mention. I guess if you wanted proof she works; NY fashion week may be a good start. Though I don't know for certain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, she has been in NY since the summer that we know for certain because of the lean in dinner. I'm just going on what the DM has said and what we know for certain

I would think there is secrecy is due to the sony fiasco. They might have not been after her but she may be a little cautious now or could be the press just gets shots of her working and not bothering publish that bit of info like the NY fashion week.

I would like to point out a good portion of her 'holidays" is during the weekend...

Old 01-26-2016, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

We were told by the DM last summer that she had moved to NYC to start her new job there. The new details we have now been given is that it is with a fashion set-up. As Duchesschicana said 'if it is with a fashion house then the 'holidays' to fashion shows would in fact be 'working' holidays - and many of us have those e.g. my brother has spent three months away from home working in the UK on Kangaroo tours (with the Australian Rugby League team). He didn't spend every waking minute with the team nor did they spend every waking minute training or playing. They had 'down time' to visit the sites etc but they were there, not for a holiday as such but to work and in between working they went and did some touristy stuff. It sounds like Bea is doing the same thing - working but also having some down time during the working period which appears to be holidaying and the DM and the rest of the press love to put down the Yorks - it sells nasty, waste of space York's versus hard-working charismatic Wales' boys - the old Diana versus Fergie but through their children as well.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post
I'd love to know about this secret job. How long has she been working? I would think that if she had been working all this time it would have been made public before now because it would have helped her image no end. After all we know details of Eugenie's job don't we?
Exactly.

I don't believe that Beatrice has a job in NYC, or anyplace else.
At least a few of the NYC newspapers would have a photo of her on the street or something, just as they did for Eugenie.

If there's been nothing, it's because there's nothing to photograph.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Or perhaps its because they dont' know where she works yet. They knew were Eugenie worked so it was easy to catch her comings and goings. It wouldn't even surprise me if they followed Eugenie her home, so that was why they were able to get the candid downtown shots of her eating pizza and doing random things.

Beatrice isn't in Big Brother, so we don't know what she does 24/7.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

I really wish everyone would just leave them alone! This is nothing more than harassment on the part of a few who want to stir up trouble. Does anyone ever ask -- relentlessly -- whether or not other royals/wealthy people work? No! Their are other royals/nobles with no obvious jobs ... JMHO!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice is working somewhere, but it's being kept private. The young royals are pretty work driven.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-26-2016, 06:15 PM
Gentry

Sorry if this has upset you Sustav but Beatrice enjoys lots of perks because of her birth so she should be accountable. She's high up in the succession to the throne and because of this she could use her position to bring focus to any number of worthy causes and help others. There's so much suffering in this world and she's in a position where she could make a real difference.

She could also holiday with discretion but she doesn't so that says it all, she doesn't care. She'd be aware of the bad press so you would think that perhaps she would curtail her pursuit of pleasure for a short time at least.

And again I repeat that if she was working it would be known because she's a PR disaster for the BRF.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post
Sorry if this has upset you Sustav but Beatrice enjoys lots of perks because of her birth so she should be accountable. She's high up in the succession to the throne and because of this she could use her position to bring focus to any number of worthy causes and help others. There's so much suffering in this world and she's in a position where she could make a real difference.

She could also holiday with discretion but she doesn't so that says it all, she doesn't care. She'd be aware of the bad press so you would think that perhaps she would curtail her pursuit of pleasure for a short time at least.

And again I repeat that if she was working it would be known because she's a PR disaster for the BRF.
Its my understanding that Beatrice does support her own personal charities and patronages and does what she can to bring focus to them.

She is not a working member of the BRF's "Firm" and although she does hold the style of Princess Beatrice of York, she's pretty much a private citizen and lives her life accordingly as any private citizen would. None of the PR people that are connected to the BRF's "Firm" handle Beatrice or Eugenie whatsoever. No taxpayer's money are floating them and even their personal security is paid for by their father.

There is no reason whatsoever that the public needs to be aware of each and every movement she makes in her life. She could move to Hawaii and teach belly dancing if that is what she chose to do or open an automotive repair shop on the frozen tundra up in Alaska. All I know is that if I was in my 20s and well heeled and could do what Beatrice does, I'd be gone yesterday.

To put it bluntly, neither of the York girls "owes" the public anything. I think the only person that could make a legitimate complaint about any of their activities would be their grandmother and I've yet to hear a peep from that corner.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-26-2016, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its my understanding that Beatrice does support her own personal charities and patronages and does what she can to bring focus to them.

She is not a working member of the BRF's "Firm" and although she does hold the style of Princess Beatrice of York, she's pretty much a private citizen and lives her life accordingly as any private citizen would. None of the PR people that are connected to the BRF's "Firm" handle Beatrice or Eugenie whatsoever. No taxpayer's money are floating them and even their personal security is paid for by their father.

There is no reason whatsoever that the public needs to be aware of each and every movement she makes in her life. She could move to Hawaii and teach belly dancing if that is what she chose to do or open an automotive repair shop on the frozen tundra up in Alaska. All I know is that if I was in my 20s and well heeled and could do what Beatrice does, I'd be gone yesterday.

To put it bluntly, neither of the York girls "owes" the public anything. I think the only person that could make a legitimate complaint about any of their activities would be their grandmother and I've yet to hear a peep from that corner.
Exactly! Thank you.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice In SKFF Thank You Day video 2016 at 1:27
Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Commoner

This is a very cute video clip. Sounds like a wonderful organization!
Old 01-29-2016, 02:42 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems fitting Bea is involved with SKFF. Its based out of the RHSC in Edinburgh, a hospital that was started by Bea's name sake, Princess Beatrice of Battenberg. She was appointed royal patron of the charity in 2013 and has been seen at numerous events for it since.

She is also the royal patron for the Helen Arkell Dyslexia center, also appointed in 2013. She is also ambassador for Children in Crisis since 2007, a charity her mother founded, one of 2 charities she donated money to with the sale of her ovaries wedding hat.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Several posts discussing what was formerly known as the Civil List, the cost of royal accommodation etc have been moved to the following thread:

Royal Wealth and Finances
Old 02-04-2016, 03:42 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice works at Sandbridge Capita

Apparently now we know where she works for David Fife, of Sandbridge Capital
Cherie Blair's quietly getting filthy rich too writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE | Daily Mail Online

Leave it to the press to give info little by little.

Quote:
ABOUT SANDBRIDGE CAPITAL

Sandbridge Capital is an investment firm that makes growth-equity investments in middle market consumer brands.The firm serves as the general partner of Sandbridge Consumer Fund I, L.P. (the “Fund”).

Sandbridge sits at the center of a myriad of iconic brands, their founders and respective family offices. We are trusted advisors and investors to a range of leading entrepreneurs, designers and consumer retail executives. Our specialized industry concentration allows us to best utilize our core operational expertise and leverage our industry relationships to help build great brands.

We invest across consumer focused verticals including retail, apparel and accessory brands, health beauty and wellness, consumer durables/products, food and beverage.
I guess those tweets were true when she was spotted at trump tower back in july as thats where one of the firms is located.

bleh theres a lil mistake on the title

.Interesteningly enough I found this link https://www.linkedin.com/in/bea-york-b49433a3

of course anybody could have made that, but it says she has been working there for the past 8 months

oI see other 'royals' on there and obviously somebody that's not related to them or is not them made their profiles but it looks consistent .
Old 02-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

" I guess the Princess could help open doors for him." (David Fife) That last sentence, even if it's only partly true, sums up the difficulties any member of the BRF has when working in private business anywhere in the English-speaking world.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

this is possibly true

Some (one?) of the british media have a problem with royals working o/s the royal family but equally have a problem with lots of royals working inside the royal family as in

* too many royals
* they should get a real job
* they shouldn't take work from REAL working people
* we should have to pay for that lot (even though they don't)
* they should be helping the Queen
* etc etc etc

That's why paying any attention to the Daily Mail is a waste of time. No serious paper even comments on non-working royals - in fact they barely mention working royals. Daily Mail does not represent the general view.

But seriously, the media (and the public) will need to adjust as more royals work outside of the family than work within it.

IT may be that some employers will think that "doors might open" but as long as the royals don't oblige, then it will be ok.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice Has Joined The panel Of Judges For Oscar’s Book Prize

Princess Beatrice Has Joined The panel Of Judges For Oscar’s Book Prize
Quote:
Princess Beatrice said she was delighted to become a judge for the Evening Standard’s children’s book awards. The royal joins the panel for Oscar’s Book Prize, set up in memory of Oscar Ashton, the son of Evening Standard columnist James Ashton. He died in 2012 at the age of three from an undetected heart condition.

The £5,000 award, for the best first book published in 2015 for children aged five or under, pays tribute to Oscar’s love of stories.Princess Beatrice, pictured, said today: “I’m really excited to be involved as a judge for Oscar’s Book Prize. I’ve always loved picture books, so I’m looking forward to having a chance to review all the brilliant entries.”

The princess was diagnosed with dyslexia when she was younger, but overcame her reading difficulties after discovering the Harry Potter books. She joined our Get London Reading campaign in 2013. More Here
Oscar’s Book Prize 2016: Princess Beatrice to judge our children’s book prize | London | News | London Evening Standard
Old 02-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice carries a £455 Milli Millu handbag as she shops in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

Is this news???

Tags
current events, princess beatrice