The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Hope not...just don't see much of a relationship between these two at all. Something seems unrealistic about their "relationship." In many pix, he seems to be looking straight at the camera, while she at him. And if Bea is caught off guard any other kind of pix, she always has a blank, staring, non-annimated look on her face - she never smiles unless she is posing...
So you are saying that she has a normal look on her face as she is walking on the street? And that the paps on the street startle her? And that's she's only comfortable when she can pose? Any problem with any of that? Because that's a fairly usual approach to the press.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

It's always best to watch video footage and get and impression from that, rather than a single photo of someone, which represents less than a second's worth of facial expressions.

Photographers take dozens of snaps over the course of a a few seconds and will choose the best one (or indeed the worst one depending on their agenda) for publication.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
So you are saying that she has a normal look on her face as she is walking on the street? And that the paps on the street startle her? And that's she's only comfortable when she can pose? Any problem with any of that? Because that's a fairly usual approach to the press.
To answer your questions: (1) IDK (2) IDK (3) yes (4) no - just making an observation and no, it is NOT a fairly usual approach to the press.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm always hoping that Beatrice and Dave would make things official. They just might surprise us.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding the title of the Duke of York and it's future, a title for a potential York princess husband have been moved to Questions about British Styles and Titles .

In addition, posts about possible Andrew remarriage have been deleted as off topic.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Aristocracy

well this is a good example how the press gets the caught off guard look/startled, they get right in her face, especially towards the end of the video : LONDON - MARCH 13: Princess Beatrice Is Chased By Paparazzi In Regents Street On March 13, 2014 In London Stock Footage Video 5859731 - Shutterstock

and for all we know they may be the type of couple that never marries seeing as we live in different times where people don't necessarily have to be married to be together, but i always assumed bea would get married.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Aristocracy

I just watched this video and the first thought that came to my mind and not sure about how to phrase this question here, "Isn't this stalking and against the law"? How would anybody react to this type of horror all the time? Just because she is a princess and that is not her fault, why does she always have to be chased/watched/spied upon/harassed in her life? Darn, wouldn't this make anyone of us crazy to have this happen all the time. She can't walk down a street, across a street, enter a shop, buy a newspaper or drink a cup of coffee/tea without a camera in her face, my reaction to that type of abuse would land some camera in jail.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Hope not...just don't see much of a relationship between these two at all. Something seems unrealistic about their "relationship." In many pix, he seems to be looking straight at the camera, while she at him. And if Bea is caught off guard any other kind of pix, she always has a blank, staring, non-annimated look on her face - she never smiles unless she is posing...

I don't see it either.
His attention never seems to be focused on Beatrice, it's as if she's an accessory for him.

I think if he truly intended to marry her, he'd have proposed by now.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness

A lot of couples these days only get married when they want to have a baby so my guess is she's not ready for that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't see it either.
His attention never seems to be focused on Beatrice, it's as if she's an accessory for him.

I think if he truly intended to marry her, he'd have proposed by now.
For all we know, Dave asks her to marry him every day, lovingly declaring he adores her and wants her to be his wife, but she keeps saying no. Actually I hope he doesn't say it every day, because that would get tiresome.

I think there's a good chance that they are putting it off until they decide it's time to have a baby, as royal rob suggested.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We can speculate over this relationship until the United States drinks Canada Dry (Canada Dry is a soft drink company) but what is going on in Bea and Dave's relationship is purely no man's land for the general public.

Whatever it is that they have and for whatever reason, the relationship has stood the test of time. Perhaps they're not in each other's back pocket all the time in public or making cow eyes at each other in photos but its my opinion that a strong, steady relationship that becomes comfortable where you're just allowed to be yourself with another person is the best kind to have. The lust glitter cools down but its the actual love for each other that endures. I'll take a best friend as a life mate over wine, candlelight and roses every night in a heartbeat.

That's just me.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-18-2015, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015

You can get Canada Dry in the States plus Molson, Labatts, Canadian Club. All sorts of Canadian beverages 😉

So I guess we can stop speculating

Old 12-18-2015, 01:53 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
You can get Canada Dry in the States plus Molson, Labatts, Canadian Club. All sorts of Canadian beverages 😉

So I guess we can stop speculating

I seriously was going to say we could speculate till the cows come home but those cows are starting to lose their appeal for me as I never get to find out where they went. I think the Canada Dry thing is more of a tongue in cheek that its something that will never happen. The US depleting all the water in Canada kinda thing.

I think we should just accept what Bea and Dave's relationship seems like at face value as the real, behind the scenes stuff isn't something we'll ever be given access to and if we did, there is something seriously wrong with that picture (flashback to the 80s and 90s). I know for sure I wouldn't want anyone speculating on my relationship with my other half purely because of what we looked like coming out of the grocery store last week.

BTW: thanks for mentioning Molson's. Some of the best beer I've ever had and now I want a cold Molson's Golden Ale. Second only to the best beer ever. Guinness.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice to speak at Oman’s Open Minds conference

Princess Beatrice to speak at Oman’s Open Minds conference on day two. February 10th and 11th, 2016. Read more here
Old 01-24-2016, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice fashions a new career in New York writes GIRL ABOUT TOWN | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy

She has been at that new job for months now,I think she may have started during July or sometime during the summer, the press is just recycling old information for a slow news day like this one I suppose. The DM is a little misleading she took holidays after she left sony which was around december 2014, by late january she already was job hunting. Leave it to the DM to not be consistent with their own stories.

On that note I'm surprised that the DM did not delete my comment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 01-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Holiday-loving Princess Beatrice is obliged to be open-minded | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-26-2016, 03:04 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
She has been at that new job for months now,I think she may have started during July or sometime during the summer, the press is just recycling old information for a slow news day like this one I suppose. The DM is a little misleading she took holidays after she left sony which was around december 2014, by late january she already was job hunting. Leave it to the DM to not be consistent with their own stories.

On that note I'm surprised that the DM did not delete my comment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How do you know she's been working there since July?

Are you saying that she hasn't been on all the holidays she's been pictured on?
Old 01-26-2016, 03:35 AM
Heir Apparent

No one is saying she hasn't been on vacations, that doesn't mean she doesn't have a job and hasn't been working. I recall seeing her pictured at events for the job. But 'The working princess' doesn't get as much attention as the 'holidaying princess'.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:21 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No one is saying she hasn't been on vacations, that doesn't mean she doesn't have a job and hasn't been working. I recall seeing her pictured at events for the job. But 'The working princess' doesn't get as much attention as the 'holidaying princess'.
I'd love to know about this secret job. How long has she been working? I would think that if she had been working all this time it would have been made public before now because it would have helped her image no end. After all we know details of Eugenie's job don't we?

Tags
current events, princess beatrice