The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2015, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Well, I'm not going to weigh in on the is she/isn't she gainfully employed in & living in NY - but it is a 4 day weekend in the USA thus it's possible she flew back to the UK for the US thanksgiving holiday.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Possible but is it really likely? Come on.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Why not? People fly over for a meeting and then back. London to NY is only a seven+ hours.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes it is.

When I was at the cricket in the summer in London I was talking to a person whose son lives in London and who works in NYC. He flies out every Monday, works all week and flies back on Friday. He was at the cricket on the Saturday and Sunday and back to work the following Monday.

It isn't impossible that Beatrice is working in NYC and then spends most weekends in London.

She has the money with her trust funds.

Why is it that some people prefer to believe the worst of others rather than give them the benefit of the doubt? DM readers and certain other fora have many posters who are like that - sad to be so full of distrust and in some cases hate for people they have never meet.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

Her history speaks for it self.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Royal Highness

Whatever she's doing there is a lot of partying going on She's living the life that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-27-2015, 12:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Her history speaks for it self.

What history?

The DM has had an agenda to make a big deal of her weekends away - and often that is all it is - a weekend spent away and they turn it into a 'holiday' - but it isn't anything more than what many people her age, who are also single, do in Europe and the UK.

She has had three jobs - nothing unusual in that these days either - and one of those ended when personal information was made public in a hacking scandal.

As The Queen and the rest of the BRF aren't stopping her obviously they see nothing wrong but the haters, such as DM posters who have been successfully manipulated to hate on a young woman who has completed a degree while suffering from dyslexia, has taken on a number of charities, including being the founding patron of at least one of those - but she doesn't get the good press for her efforts because the press have decided to make her and her sister the 'bad' royals in this generation whereas it is normally only the younger sibling of the monarch (can't do that though as that means making one of Diana's sons the 'bad' royal).

The press has to have a 'hated' and 'bad' royal and a 'loved' and 'good' royal and the sheep follow blindly without using their brains to see through the way they are being manipulated into disliking someone based on nothing really serious - Beatrice is hated and disliked despite no scandals while Harry with all his scandals is loved - think about it - drug taking and drunk naked in Vegas scandals is ok but taking a few vacations makes a person bad. That is the 'scandal' around Beatrice - that she takes some vacations.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:01 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I suggest we all take a moment to accept that as Birds gotta fly and swim gotta swim Bea is going to be what she is going to be... An aging party girl and socialite who does charity work occasionally.And works when she has a whim.
Aging? Jeez, I didn't know we had to prepare ourselves for the retirement home at the grand old age of 27! I should probably start doing some research...
Old 11-27-2015, 08:04 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Aging? Jeez, I didn't know we had to prepare ourselves for the retirement home at the grand old age of 27! I should probably start doing some research...
Take it from one that's been retired for a while now. I really would like to be young, rich and able to do the things Beatrice is doing. Its a big world out there with a lot to discover and she has the ways and the means and the two hands to grab onto life with gusto. She's a private citizen and owes no one explanations for anything so I say "Go for it Bea!!!"

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Beatrice is hated and disliked despite no scandals while Harry with all his scandals is loved - think about it - drug taking and drunk naked in Vegas scandals is ok but taking a few vacations makes a person bad. That is the 'scandal' around Beatrice - that she takes some vacations.

The Yorks, including Beatrice, have had plenty of scandals!
(Remember Beatrice's former boyfriend with the criminal record?)

None of Beatrice's jobs have lasted an entire year (understandable, since she must only rarely be there).

The problem with Beatrice is that the lifestyle she has can irritate people; it seems arrogant and self-indulgent. If you read the comments there are questions about who funds Beatrice (she'd need a huge trust fund to pay for everything, and if she doesn't pay, who does?)

It just reflects badly on the RF.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

How can one of her boyfriends be her scandal? She didn't commit a crime so that isn't her fault and she dropped him pretty quickly. If that is the only scandal you can point to is says a lot about how scandal free she really is - a boyfriend she had while a teenager is the only one people can point to.

She would have a very large trust fund - in the multi-millions.

We don't know how often she was at her jobs - we know she was often seen at lunchtimes in the city where she worked so presumably she was there. She may also have had the opportunity to work from home for the financial house. Just because the press didn't see her at work every day the assumption some people are making is that unless the press report her presence she wasn't there.

We know why she left Sony - because her details were hacked and made public.

It is not unusual for young people to have many jobs in a short period of time these days. The difference is that she doesn't need to work.

Her father has a reported wealth of over 75 million pounds while her grandmother is a billionaire so there is no shortage of money to fund her lifestyle.

A trust fund was established for her at birth by The Queen and The Queen Mum. How much and how often they added to it we don't know other than a 1 million pound input as part of Sarah's 3 million divorce settlement. How much Andrew has put in over the years - e.g. from the millions he got from the sale of Sunninghill we don't know. We know that she doesn't receive any state money and has no taxpayer funded security so she is a private individual.

The comments are what the DM want to publish - we don't see any positive ones simply because they don't want the public to become fond of her - she is their punching bag and sadly many people are being manipulated to see her as the 'bad' one - just as they have been manipulated over the last century or so to see different royals in each generation.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Her parents scandals follow her as they would for anyone. So I guess most people would like to see a little less party girl. That's life ! I think it worries other people more than it does her. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this case.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Her parents scandals follow her as they would for anyone. So I guess most people would like to see a little less party girl. That's life ! I think it worries other people more than it does her. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this case.
I do not understand this sort of reasoning at all. Beatrice is not her parents' keeper. If her parents' scandals do follow her, it is only because other people seem determined to make sure they do, and to tar her with the same brush.

It probably does worry other people more than it worries her, because Beatrice knows her parents, and knows them as her parents: the human beings who might have flaws and have made big mistakes but who have also been loving parents to her and her sister, and have kept their family unit together in a remarkable way.

As for the apple not falling far from the tree, the only similarity I can see is that Beatrice seems to like taking lots of holidays and doesn't seem to have ever had a full time job for very long. However, in her circumstances, I don't see anything wrong with this apparent lack of work ethic. It is not unusual in her circle.

Why do most people work? To pay the bills, primarily, and it seems she doesn't need to do that. People also work because it is their duty, or to keep from being bored, or because they enjoy it. Beatrice seems ready and willing to take on Royal duties, but she is not being given them, so that rules out duty. I cannot speak for the boredom or job satisfaction aspects, but whatever she is doing with her time seems to keep her occupied. And she might be working after all, although, if she is, I cannot think of any reason why we would not be told about it, if only to stave off criticism.

Did Princess Margaret's lifestyle reflect badly on the Royal Family? I consider it only reflected badly on Princess Margaret.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I do not understand this sort of reasoning at all. Beatrice is not her parents' keeper. If her parents' scandals do follow her, it is only because other people seem determined to make sure they do, and to tar her with the same brush.

It probably does worry other people more than it worries her, because Beatrice knows her parents, and knows them as her parents: the human beings who might have flaws and have made big mistakes but who have also been loving parents to her and her sister, and have kept their family unit together in a remarkable way.

As for the apple not falling far from the tree, the only similarity I can see is that Beatrice seems to like taking lots of holidays and doesn't seem to have ever had a full time job for very long. However, in her circumstances, I don't see anything wrong with this apparent lack of work ethic. It is not unusual in her circle.

Why do most people work? To pay the bills, primarily, and it seems she doesn't need to do that. People also work because it is their duty, or to keep from being bored, or because they enjoy it. Beatrice seems ready and willing to take on Royal duties, but she is not being given them, so that rules out duty. I cannot speak for the boredom or job satisfaction aspects, but whatever she is doing with her time seems to keep her occupied. And she might be working after all, although, if she is, I cannot think of any reason why we would not be told about it, if only to stave off criticism.

Did Princess Margaret's lifestyle reflect badly on the Royal Family? I consider it only reflected badly on Princess Margaret.

I will make it clear I couldn't care less if she works, parties or whatever. But she does seem to party a lot and people comment on that and in MO it's because her parents have been involved in some pretty dodgy stuff over the years. They didn't let it stop them from going on their merry way same as she does = apple not falling far from tree.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I will make it clear I couldn't care less if she works, parties or whatever. But she does seem to party a lot and people comment on that and in MO it's because her parents have been involved in some pretty dodgy stuff over the years. They didn't let it stop them from going on their merry way same as she does = apple not falling far from tree.
Still not entirely sure I get your point. I'm taking it to be that people talk about Beatrice partying/whatever because of "dodgy" stuff her parents got up to over the years, and because this gossip/press attention didn't stop Andrew and Sarah doing whatever they did and because Beatrice doesn't let it stop her from doing what she's doing, either, the apple is not falling far from the tree.

If so, I don't agree. I don't necessarily see the connection, or attribute her reaction - or, rather, lack of reaction - to the behaviour of her parents. She's a young woman in her 20s and she is an HRH, and they are scarce on the ground at the moment. People are going to talk about her anyway, regardless of what her parents did. And I don't think she should let what people say about her change what's she's doing anyway. She's not doing anything dodgy, just living the life of a wealthy young woman at the highest level of the social strata who doesn't seem to have a highly developed work ethic. Not praiseworhty, perhaps, but not dishonourable.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Royal Highness

I'm saying her parents never stopped doing whatever they wanted no matter how much comment was made she is the same no matter how many headlines about party girl she just goes on doing whatever she wants. So very much the attitude of her parents.
Is it fair ? Maybe not but I'm not crying for her she's living a great life compared to the most people. So I don't get the poor princess stuff. She is young wealthy healthy I will cry for someone else

Old 11-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor princess stuff? I must have missed that.

I reckon if she ignores bad press and just goes on doing what she's doing, it's probably because she doesn't think she's done anything wrong, rather than because of anything her parents might do.

I'm not going to cry for her, either. I envy her youth and her money.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Majesty

I'd go so far as to say "she knows she hasn't done anything wrong". As to all these sanctimonious worthies canting on about apples and trees? Well, quite frankly we only know a very little about what she is doing courtesy of the DM et al. In truth we know very little about what she actually is doing and in my opinion, we don't need to know.

It really bothers me with the continual harping about how she lives her life:
  • She is a Princess . . . she shouldn't be because we've decided she's surplus to requirements. Anyway, she's Andrew and Sarah's daughter and we all know what they're like!

• She is a role model and has no business behaving other than as a perfect royal princess (according to DM standards), but we still don't actually need her, she's just sort of backfill in the royal family.

• We see her out with the Queen and Prince Philip . . . what's she doing with them, she's just being pushy and we've already decided her place isn't there? Probably trying to use her grandparents and persuade them to let her be a working royal and muscle in on but Kate's role.

What utter hypocrisy!
Old 11-29-2015, 04:32 AM
Aristocracy

hmmm, I was talking to my friend from Norfolk, she said she didn't really paticulary like Princess Beatrice due to her parents, mostly Sarah. *sigh...

I would say half the battle for the York girls is their parents past. She didn't mention Bea's vacations, or how she goes clubbing from time to time or Bea's lack of work ethic(supposedly), she just didn't bring up those things as to why she didn't like Bea. she plainly said she didn't like Bea because of her parents.

I would say Bea does more than occasional charity work and less than a working royal's charity work. This year seems a bit slow charity wise for her, but she has been consistent these last few years. One year she even did more charity work than PH and the Cambridges, although it's from my unofficially tally so I might be biased.

I agree with some saying she has done nothing wrong. I'm sure she is no saint and has made mistakes in her personal life, but she has yet to do anything wrong public wise.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

If she received a £1,000,000 in 1996. She could be living off the interest.

What if in 1996 her father invested a large part of that £1,000,000 in Apple or Google or any other profitable internet stock how much would she be worth today?

How much would her trust fund from her grandmother and great-grandmother be worth after 27 years?

How much would her trust fund from the Queen, QEQM and from her parent's divorce be worth if Andrew had invested all in Apple/Google stock since 1988?

Andrew might have the midas touch when selecting investments.

What if that financial course was for her to manage her investments after she received ownership of them?

What if she works for an organization like Elephant Family where they have events in different countries? She might not work a standard 9-5 job or a regular work week. It may be whenever they have an event she works 12-15 hours days for several weeks then off for several weeks. Her work schedule could be very irregular.

She could be an event coordinator.

Or on her latest job she could have 5-10 vacation days that she takes around weekends & holidays.

According the DM she was spotted in the U.K. around the Columbus Day holiday and around the Thanksgiving Day holiday so next up would be the Christmas holiday.

Tags
current events, princess beatrice