Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are just trying to save enough to buy a house before they marry. ;)

Perhaps she just doesn't want to get married young :ermm: Yes, they have been dating for almost nine years, but she is only 27 (almost 28). It is common enough when you start dating someone in your teens, that your 'dating' period is longer. Considering they have both been under going changes in jobs and where they are living, perhaps they have decided to wait till things settle. The fact she has moved to NY with him seems a big step.

As many people point out in the Harry thread, long 'courtships' are common in this family. Zara and Mike had dated for 7 years when engaged, 8 when married ( she was 22 when they met and 30 when married). Kate and Will the same time line, date for 7 for engagement, 8 for marriage (21 when they started and 29 when married). So yes a bit shorter than Bea, but they were also several years older than her when they started dating.

Almost 10 years. They started dating Sept 2006.

But yes the rest had long courtships. William and Catherine started dating when they were 20, and got engaged 8 years later. So even longer than you wrote.
After William and Zara both got engaged, there was an article that said Beatrice warned Dave not to propose to her in the near future, because she wanted to marry when she was William's age. William married at 28, so perhaps Beatrice will marry at 28.

Kate and Will started dating in the winter of 2003. They were engaged in November 2010, that is 7 years. They were married in 2011 in April so months before their 8th anniversary (not counting their break up). They started sharing a flat in 2002, but she was dating someone, they started in 2003.

William was 2 months short of his 29th birthday when he married.

Reports??? The same ones that have spoken about engagements around every corner? If we believe these stories, she'd have been married several times over by now.

Kate and Will started dating in the winter of 2003. They were engaged in November 2010, that is 7 years. They were married in 2011 in April so months before their 8th anniversary (not counting their break up). They started sharing a flat in 2002, but she was dating someone, they started in 2003.

Reports??? The same ones that have spoken about engagements around every corner? If we believe these stories, she'd have been married several times over by now.

I think the big news will come for Beatrice and Dave. They seem to have a stable and loving relationship. I guess it's all down to when the couple feel ready to settle down and have children. I'm sure they have talked about this, as all couples do. Beatrice and Dave just started new jobs and getting settled in New York, perhaps once they've settled, they will be ready to take that big step. They seem to be getting there by moving to a new city with each other.

The reports I've read said they started dating Autumn 2002. They got engaged Autumn 2010. That would be 8 years. Catherine and Rupert broke-up at the conclusion of her freshman year because he was going to graduate. Things tend not to work out when one person is at the beginning of the University experience, and the other is in the final stretch, because it eventually leads to long distance. They choose not to pursue a long-distance relationship for whatever reason. Leading up to the wedding there was interviews with former St. Andrews students, whom the couple were acquaintances with at the time, they said it was obvious by Autumn 2002 that the two had started dating.That their body language was much cozier, and that the two were seen at eateries together on dates. There was a report from Jan 2003, that the two were spotted kissing. Also, William said they were friends for a year before they dated, they became friends in Autumn 2001, so the timeline fits. Also let's not forget the pap photos of Catherine going into Sandringham estate in December, 2002.

Last edited:
What if they have no marrying plans at all? We have 2016 an there is no legal or dynastical need for them. Maybe they are happy with the current circumstances and see no need for change anything.

I'm friends with a couple who married after twenty years of living together. Their only reason for that decision was the thougt oft what would happen, when one of them had an accident or a heart attack and the medical stuff won't give any information to the partner.

What counts is that they are happy together. Bea and Dave, of course :)

I swear they purposely try to photo her with ridiculous expressions.

As they take hundreds of photos I suspect the choose to publish the ones with the most stupid expressions as they know that will garner the most horrible comments.

As they take hundreds of photos I suspect the choose to publish the ones with the most stupid expressions as they know that will garner the most horrible comments.

This same thing was done to her cousin in law, DoC, when she was dating William. It's such a childish move from the media.

Pictures 2 and 3 were just plain mean of the photographer to release them. Mean and unprofessional. And yet poor Princess Beatrice manages to smile nicely whenever she sees a photographer; she's very polite.

Oscar’s Book Prize 2016: Beatrice battles it out for book prize shortlist

Princess Beatrice, one of our six judges, declared herself particularly smitten by the empowered princess in Sir Lilypad, a story about a frog who goes in search of rescuing a princess, only to find that she’s doing fine on her own. “This story shows all girls can be princesses and I loved the fact the princess was wearing Converses, had her own sword and red hair,” she said.

Together with our other judges Rebecca Nicolson, publisher and co-founder of Short Books, Nicky Dunne, chairman of Heywood Hill Books, Rupert Thomas, marketing director of Waitrose, and Oscar’s parents, Viveka Alvestrand and Evening Standard columnist James Ashton, Princess Beatrice spent a lively hour and a half choosing the final five.

The winner will be announced on May 23, when culture minister Ed Vaizey will make a speech and Princess Beatrice will award the £5,000 Waitrose-sponsored prize.
Oscar’s Book Prize 2016: Beatrice battles it out for book prize shortlist | London | News | London Evening Standard

I believe it was the same day she went to Loulou as she seems to be wearing the same clothes

Last edited:
I agree. I've never seen either Beatrice or Eugenie looking surly. :flowers:

Pictures 2 and 3 were just plain mean of the photographer to release them. Mean and unprofessional. And yet poor Princess Beatrice manages to smile nicely whenever she sees a photographer; she's very polite.

I've deleted a number of posts. This thread isn't about Kate, William, Harry or Louise. Please stick to the topic.

She is getting paid for these talks

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't understand.
People complain when she doesn't work and when she does work. Just stop it!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

No one is complaining except you. She has started to work for a company that has paid speakers.

I don't see why it's a bad thing ? Lots of motivational speakers get paid........

I haven't seen anyone say it is wrong. Talk about paranoid

If this is what she wants to do, is good at it and is able to earn a living doing it, more power to her. Its all upfront, legal and what you see is what you get. A lot of well known persons have charged a fee to speak at a function.

Now its only a matter of time before someone links an article to the Daily Fail stating "Princess For Hire". :bang:

Now its only a matter of time before someone links an article to the Daily Fail stating "Princess For Hire". :bang:
Well, that's what she is, no one would pay to hear her if she wasn't a Princess. Her mother's been doing the speaking for $ deal for years, so Beatrice is taking a page out of Sarah's book.
What happened to the rumored job in finance in New York? Maybe once she gives one of these paid speeches on success/overcoming obstacles we'll know a bit more about her work history.

Well, that's what she is, no one would pay to hear her if she wasn't a Princess. Her mother's been doing the speaking for $ deal for years, so Beatrice is taking a page out of Sarah's book.
What happened to the rumored job in finance in New York? Maybe once she gives one of these paid speeches on success/overcoming obstacles we'll know a bit more about her work history.

^Her speaking profile says, she works full time in Business. So, I assume she's still an an Associate At Sandbridge Capital, NY. Most people on that site have their main jobs/career and their speaking gigs http://apbspeakers.com/resources/speakerpdf/1010356.pdf

^Her speaking profile says, she works full time in Business. So, I assume she's still an an Associate At Sandbridge Capital, NY. Most people on that site have their main jobs/career and their speaking gigs http://apbspeakers.com/resources/speakerpdf/1010356.pdf

I don't know about Beatrice and what she would be speaking about but I do know that my brother has a full-time paid job and does speaking as a sideline (about his main job and his experiences in doing that as a sports commentator. He charges $5000 a night plus expenses although he will waive that in some cases. He usually is out one or two nights a week doing speaking events).

Nice little extra for him Mmm wonder what I could talk about ??? Nah I don't think anyone would pay even $5 to hear me ?

Well, the girl is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom