Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK she is working in the USA. However, that doesn't mean that she doesn't travel to London on occasion.

Considering her firm deals with some European companies/designers, she likely combine family/work/charity involvement in one trip. Her firm represents UK based top shop and Karl Laugerfeld who has stores in London as well.

Plus we have a three day weekend in the US...President's Day.

If she is smart with scheduling her work time, she would have arranged to do some business in London before the long weekend.

Plus we have a three day weekend in the US...President's Day.

If she is smart with scheduling her work time, she would have arranged to do some business in London before the long weekend.

The 3-day was more for govt/postal/banking employees, just about everybody else with an 8-5, M-F job had to work today. Bea seems to be on vacation a lot, which leads me to believe Bea's "job" is really not much of one. Press releases by royals seem to want to give commoners the impression these people actually work and that they are normal people. Ummmm...really? :D

To me, it really doesn't matter one bit what she does or doesn't do or if she works or she doesn't work. She's a private citizen and to be honest, most of the media reports are sheer speculation because she was "seen" here or photographed "there". She isn't a working "royal" but a private British citizen just like any other private British citizen. She just happens to have The Queen for a grandmother.

I don't believe I've actually seen many (if any) press releases by the royals that deal with Beatrice's comings and goings at all.

No except perhaps when she has done the rare official duty or engagement. Like when her and Eug did the Germany tour officially for the government. They don't have the secretaries, PR and other staff of a working royal as they aren't.

The 3-day was more for govt/postal/banking employees, just about everybody else with an 8-5, M-F job had to work today. Bea seems to be on vacation a lot, which leads me to believe Bea's "job" is really not much of one. Press releases by royals seem to want to give commoners the impression these people actually work and that they are normal people. Ummmm...really? :D

Hmmm...that is actually not true and dependent on the company regarding the number of holidays that celebrate/acknowledge. I have been in corporate America for over 15 years and have always had President's Day off.

Based on what little we know of Beatrice's job, I would guess that a lot of it has to do with making contacts with people in her sphere of influence who would be comfortable with her firm managing their finances. Making the introductions and either making the conversion herself or introducing them to someone who has more financial experience who can convert the prospect.

People need to recognize that not every job is Monday thru Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM. In the corporate world deals can be made during the evening hours, contacts can be made during off hours, etc.

Last edited:
" I guess the Princess could help open doors for him." (David Fife) That last sentence, even if it's only partly true, sums up the difficulties any member of the BRF has when working in private business anywhere in the English-speaking world.

It also illustrates the benefits of being a member of the BRF: there are many, many very well-educated young people with an interest in fashion who could fill a position like Beatrice's. She could never have gotten that job if her name was Beatrice Jones.

Not that she isn't well educated (Goldsmiths university) or has experience, but you're right she would have had stiff competition from others. The sad fact about a lot of high paying jobs, it is often not so much about your education/experience but who you know. She certainly is not alone in landing a job because of her connections or name.

The reality is she cant escape who she is. Even if she changed her name to Beatrice Jones, she would be known. However she got the job, at least she is making an effort to work and make a life of her own.

It's not just high paying jobs. It helps everyone to know someone. I know several people who got their jobs that way. After they where hired they had to prove their worth no matter what.

A famous face can help a company though. For her this is impossible to escape.

Princess Beatrice Will Attend WEDAY 2016

Princess Beatrice Will Attend WEDAY 2016 on 9th of March 2016 at The SSE Arena, Wembley.

Look at the previous pic. I don't think it looks like Dave is wearing eye makeup.

It must be hellish to have people following you around like this. I think they are remarkably well controlled, because I'd be snarling at them and telling them to naff off the moment I spotted one of them lurking around watching me and moving to photograph me.

Look at the previous pic. I don't think it looks like Dave is wearing eye makeup.

It must be hellish to have people following you around like this. I think they are remarkably well controlled, because I'd be snarling at them and telling them to naff off the moment I spotted one of them lurking around watching me and moving to photograph me.

I think it looks like makeup, but it's probably because of the shadows. The rest of the photos he looks like his normal self.

I think it depends on the circumstance of the paparazzi. The Chiltern Firehouse is a celeb hotspot and paps always hang out there. They can't be furious or shocked there were photos there.

Otoh, when they are on private yachts, I'm sure they're annoyed at being followed. Rightfully so. It could be worse, the paps could literally wait outside her boyfriend's townhouse like they do for Pippa's boyfriends. I don't think Dave has ever had his own house under siege.

I don't know why I thought Beatrice were in London... what was I thinking? Anyway, good for this cause!

:previous: The charity event I posted took place at Buckingham Palace on February 22, a day before the New York City charity event, I edited my post to add the date.

Everytime they step out together, the question on whether they will announce their engagement or not pops out of my mind.

Everytime they step out together, the question on whether they will announce their engagement or not pops out of my mind.

I'm starting to wonder if they ever will.
They've been together almost a decade, and by now you'd think something would have happened to take them to the next level.

(If I were Beatrice, I'd dump him).

Regardless of being together for 10 years she is still very young to get married and settle down. After watching her parents divorce (no matter how friendly they are with each other since then) perhaps it has made her want to have a long courtship before marriage.

Perhaps she just doesn't want to get married young :ermm: Yes, they have been dating for almost nine years, but she is only 27 (almost 28). It is common enough when you start dating someone in your teens, that your 'dating' period is longer. Considering they have both been under going changes in jobs and where they are living, perhaps they have decided to wait till things settle. The fact she has moved to NY with him seems a big step.

As many people point out in the Harry thread, long 'courtships' are common in this family. Zara and Mike had dated for 7 years when engaged, 8 when married ( she was 22 when they met and 30 when married). Kate and Will the same time line, date for 7 for engagement, 8 for marriage (21 when they started and 29 when married). So yes a bit shorter than Bea, but they were also several years older than her when they started dating.

Bea and Dave will surprise everyone. It's going to come.

I'm starting to wonder if they ever will.
They've been together almost a decade, and by now you'd think something would have happened to take them to the next level.

(If I were Beatrice, I'd dump him).

I don't know if I would want pressure from the outer fi I were them. It's fair to say that 27 is still relatively early for most people to marry.

P.s I don't like Dave, but hey, Bea must see something in him if they're still together.:flowers:

I don't know if I would want pressure from the outer fi I were them. It's fair to say that 27 is still relatively early for most people to marry.

P.s I don't like Dave, but hey, Bea must see something in him if they're still together.:flowers:

I don't like him either, I always thought he was using her as a trophy.

I don't like him either, I always thought he was using her as a trophy.

I don't feel like dishing on him, I'd like to be wary until maybe I'll find out more about him. Maybe later in the years, if a wedding takes place.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom