Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always liked Beatrice and tended to defend her, but even I am beginning to have uncharitable thoughts about her. Having said that, I do think she is a victim of circumstance to a large extent.

It certainly doesn't help her that whoever is responsible for what is stated on her father's web page is so dense as to allow it to say she works full time. Such a comment invites criticism of her when it is patently clear that that is far from the truth. You'd think Andrew, of all people, would be cautious about such things. But the RF's PR machine seems to have slackened off a lot in recent years. They can't even manage to keep the Court Circular updated and accurate anymore.

Beatrice was made an HRH when she was born, and grew up with it, apparently expecting to do work for The Firm. But then things changed. Her grandmother decided Beatrice was not going to be a full time Royal, so she had to work. But I think she made some bad choices about work. For some reason she ended up doing a university course that did not suit her for the type of job she has been applying for since she left university. I don't know what happened there; whether it was an absence of or bad career advice when she was choosing her subjects for her senior high school years or at the time she was selecting university courses, but something went wrong somewhere. Maybe she just changed her mind or realised the history courses were a mistake. And perhaps there is a problem in the workplace when she turns up to a job with other interns; perhaps she doesn't fit in as one of them. That might be why she doesn't last in a job very long. But if there were problems in the workplace, perhaps she should have done a bit of brainstorming and nutted out a career path that did not involve having to go the intern route. But, then again, maybe to date she hasn't really made an real effort to do the job for which she has been engaged. This is all speculation though. None of us knows what actually happened, but the longer it goes on, the more we suspect that Beatrice just doesn't want to work but wants to pretend she does.

Lots of us end up in jobs we don't like or for which we are not suited, but most of us have to hang in there because we have invested several years getting to that place and we can't afford to go back and start again. Not so Beatrice. She can afford to leave and go back to square 1 and do something else, and it seems she might have retrained. I hope that now she gets a job in the US and sticks to it the way Eugenie has done.

I think we are prepared to accept an HRH princess who doesn't need to work and who goes on lots of holidays, but we do expect them to be honest about it and not pretend to be working full time when they aren't, and we also expect them to do something constructive with their life. If she doesn't have to work, good luck to her. She has every right to spend her life on a perpetual holiday if she can afford it, but if she chooses to do that she will pay a price for it. We might accept she has the right to do it and might envy her, but we do not admire people who live that way.

Time to fish or cut bait, Beatrice. Show us your true colours.

Last edited:
My first reaction to this is "cry me a river" and "puh-leez." Look, everyone has difficulties, whether they're a princess or a pauper, but doesn't it say some thing about this girl's character that she doesn't seem to have a purpose, a drive, a cause, a passion for something useful and discernible?

1. It isn't just about the cost-it's about what it says about her access and privilege that 99% of other people don't have and could never have.

2. It costs a lot to "keep up with the Joneses," so it she may have been able to stay some places for free, but let's not pretend that these escapades don't come with a great deal of expense.

This is the 21st century, not Downton Abbey. While she may absolutely have the right to this lifestyle, it will and does bring substantial controversy to her and her family.

And this is real life, and not a tv show! Women today have opportunities that the females of Downton never had, and they have options to choose from. I would not deny Beatrice or any woman the right to choose her life and lifestyle. Controversy? The DM will continue to make snide remarks and to stir the stew, but the whole 'controversy' is a non-existent meme. She can and will do as she wishes, and no one really cares.

My opinion on her holidaying:

Two of those said holidays don’t even count , they happened last year, a wedding and the other one was an official event in the Middl-east. The boxing day holiday one- They don’t even have a picture or someone tweeting about it, like her said Colorado vacation, no evidence. and her Athens lounge sighting seems more like an airplane stop, than a holiday as there is no evidence she went to Greece recently. Her Easter holiday again, no evidence. Not mention her so called recent Florida vacation, again no evidence. They keeping using old pictures for the made up vacations. Are we seriously going to believe the sun and the dailymail?

So, that would make a total of 5 vacations in reality. Even if she went on all 12, and plus some more vacations, she’s not founded by tax payers. Most likely the Bransons or her friends give her freebies and discounts anyways. Seems to me the press just likes throwing Bea under the bus.

and the rumors keep spinning supposedly princess beatrice accepted a job in NY and is looking for an apt in Manhattan. Don't know accurate this twitter mention is though.

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is real life, and not a tv show! Women today have opportunities that the females of Downton never had, and they have options to choose from. I would not deny Beatrice or any woman the right to choose her life and lifestyle. Controversy? The DM will continue to make snide remarks and to stir the stew, but the whole 'controversy' is a non-existent meme. She can and will do as she wishes, and no one really cares.
Unfortunately, it appears that equal opportunity does not apply if you are HRH Princess Beatrice of York. It seems she is to be bullied into exposing every facet of her private life to the ubiquitous 'they' who worship at the altar of the Daily Fail.

Not every woman is destined to be a corporate high flyer just because she has money or a title. In fact, I would go further and say that not every woman is able to do so.

Worse, not every woman wants to become a corporate high flyer, a mover and shaker, a financial whizz, etc. ad nauseum!

What if Beatrice wants, above all things, to be a wife and mother and spend her spare time in charitable works?

It will be interesting to see if she has a job in NY and what the job is. New York is the financial centre many, many people who have spent years at Uni getting MBA's etc would kill for a job there and along comes Beatrice who supposedly did a 2 week course and get's a job in finance? Seriously people who have worked their butts off are not going to be happy. It is a very competitive area and she will be expected to work as hard as the others at least you expect so. Pretty sure it was revealed Beatrice quit the job in finance originally so why she would want another position in New York of all places seems a little weird. I just don't see Beatrice as a serious career woman she has done nothing really to support a real career in finance. That two week course is very iffy especially when you look at what the normal requirements for finance positions are. If she quits again and continues to take vacations she will once again cause a stir. She really shouldn't be able to take a break for a few months if she is starting a new position. Eugenie has made the tabloids a few times early on so I'm sure we will be seeing Beatrice. As for money and her holidays who really knows who pays for what she is only hurting herself people don't take her that seriously or respect her she has been painted with the same brush as her mother and her own behaviour is too blame. No one needs as many holidays as Beatrice has. She really shouldn't need one for at least a year but I have a feeling we will be seeing her again this summer!

Regarding this not being a TV show, I completely agree. I was obviously trying to suggest that the bygone days where this type behavior was accepted no longer applies.

At some point, people just care about the perception of Beatrice's situation and it will become more and more of an issue.

Unfortunately, it appears that equal opportunity does not apply if you are HRH Princess Beatrice of York. It seems she is to be bullied into exposing every facet of her private life to the ubiquitous 'they' who worship at the altar of the Daily Fail.

Not every woman is destined to be a corporate high flyer just because she has money or a title. In fact, I would go further and say that not every woman is able to do so.

Worse, not every woman wants to become a corporate high flyer, a mover and shaker, a financial whizz, etc. ad nauseum!

What if Beatrice wants, above all things, to be a wife and mother and spend her spare time in charitable works?

If that's what she wants, she absolutely has the right and ability to do so, and she has the ability to make that known. But she hasn't - and it's not like she's pouring her heart out into charity.

I'd just point out that someone is leaking social appearances to the press. If you are seeking privacy and go to a place to dine and there are a lot of paps there:

1. The place is too hot/popular and staked out regularly Pick another restaurant - something that serves good food but is not a pap hang out.
  2. Someone you mentioned the occasion to dropped a dime. Figure out who it is and stop telling them stuff
  3. That place has an employee that is informing the paps (and getting paid for it). Quit going there.
She does have choices if she does want to appear in the tabs on a less regular basis. This is true for all famous people. Some people play up to the press and some learn to avoid it.

The Daily Mail is reporting that HRH Princess Beatrice as accepted a job at a private equity firm in New York and is looking to secure an apartment.

Source: GIRL ABOUT TOWN: I told you! Bea's off to be a private equity Princess | Daily Mail Online

Princess Beatrice has been in a no win situation from the day she was born and anyone who says otherwise hasn't read the Daily Mail comments for this story. Now that she's gotten a job, she's being castigated for apparently leaping over more qualified applicants...but when she wasn't working she was castigated for being a layabout living off the public purse (which, as anyone who knows about the Sovereign Support Grant knows, is nonsense and she's never received public money).

I wish Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie such luck in New York and hope that they have fulfilling, lucrative careers. Now that neither lives full time in the UK the tabloids will have to turn to new scapegoats in the Royal Family.

Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Not sure how accurate the story is, as the writer doesn't appear to know that Dave has left Virgin for Uber.
Time will tell.

The Daily Mail is reporting that HRH Princess Beatrice as accepted a job at a private equity firm in New York and is looking to secure an apartment.

Source: GIRL ABOUT TOWN: I told you! Bea's off to be a private equity Princess | Daily Mail Online

Princess Beatrice has been in a no win situation from the day she was born and anyone who says otherwise hasn't read the Daily Mail comments for this story. Now that she's gotten a job, she's being castigated for apparently leaping over more qualified applicants...but when she wasn't working she was castigated for being a layabout living off the public purse (which, as anyone who knows about the Sovereign Support Grant knows, is nonsense and she's never received public money).

I wish Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie such luck in New York and hope that they have fulfilling, lucrative careers. Now that neither lives full time in the UK the tabloids will have to turn to new scapegoats in the Royal Family.

They will certainly have easier lives outside of Britain.

:previous: Yes, I agree. It's a sad comment on what it must be like to be one of the York princesses. It appears that they have to go into virtual exile to live a normal life. Otherwise, they are constantly being judged. No matter what they do or how they live, they are judged. They have no official roles, yet they're judged as though they're living off the public purse and filling themselves at the trough. They aren't politicians. They aren't on the Civil List. We have no idea what Princess Beatrice is going through on a personal level or what her real feelings are about things. I have the sense that if she did get married and involve herself in raising a family and doing charity work, there are still those who would call her a slacker if she didn't also have a paying job.

Interestingly enough,I saw dave update his twitter it says Future Astronaut with Virgin Galactic / Uber DRIVER location London. Either he got a job with Uber London or he's probably waiting till the big move to change his location.

Princess Beatrice At F1 Grand Prix of Bahrain 2015 Via @MSportMonday
#PrincessBeatrice (Centre) with Former Spanish #KingJuanCarlos (Right), on the grid #BahrainGP Pic here
Im unsure if its recent. Seems new if so its times like this where I doubt she's in NY

Last edited:
Princess Beatrice At F1 Grand Prix of Bahrain 2015 Via @MSportMonday
#PrincessBeatrice (Centre) with Former Spanish #KingJuanCarlos (Right), on the grid #BahrainGP Pic here
Im unsure if its recent. Seems new if so its times like this where I doubt she's in NY

The Bahrain GP was earlier on today so it's a very recent pic.

According to hellomagazine, it was over the weekend. If not mistaken, the event was on April 19.

Last edited:
Beatrice had an engagement this morning, she visited the Crosfields School in Reading to open their new memorial garden.

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 3m3 minutes ago
This morning Princess Beatrice visited @crosfieldsnews to open the Talbot Memorial Garden

Beatrice had an engagement this morning, she visited the Crosfields School in Reading to open their new memorial garden.

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 3m3 minutes ago
This morning Princess Beatrice visited @crosfieldsnews to open the Talbot Memorial Garden

First- Bea seems to have a way with kids I must say.
Second- That brings a tear to the eye.

Beatrice looks so nice with the kids, it's great seeing her at such an event.
She looks great as well.

Picture gallery with some lovely pictures.

Last edited:
She does look great with kids, I've always said this. I think that would be her niche, Pity she isn't a full time royal.:ermm:

don't know if someone posted this already but on Friday May 24 2015,Along with opening The Talbot Memorial Garden Princess Beatrice also attended a Humanitas Charity fundraiser at Malletts of Mayfair London

This is something she isnt required to do as the royals dont need her help it is like princess michael of kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom